Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy (5714 Views)

Okotie,the Catholic Church & Our Gross National Lunacy:Fire In Bullshyt Mountain / Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
aManFromMars:

And how would you know THAT?
I'll know it isn't God because he has said vengance is his. We're in the new and better covenant. The guidelines of this covenant are written in his word.

aManFromMars:

Ah, my good man, I think I get you now.

SO those Church incident might just be God's calamity. Who knows? Maybe he didn't turn up at the night vigil.
When God wants to give calamity, you'll know. Trust me.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
rationalmind:

The individual might not have been there. He could even had died prior to that time.(His death would had been a greater good). He could have had a little illness before then.

Just giving you a list of possibilities God could had done prior to that event. If he can't save his own people who came to worship him despite having the power to do so, he doesn't deserve worship. This is what I expect you to see.

You expect me to see your point of view, yet you won't even consider mine a remote possibility. Just because it can't be seen or touched, doesn't mean something doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
texanomaly:

You expect me to see your point of view, yet you won't even consider mine a remote possibility. Just because it can't be seen or touched, doesn't mean something doesn't exist.

John 8:23-24 Jesus said, "You're tied down to the mundane; I'm in touch with what is beyond your horizons. You live in terms of what you see and touch. I'm living on other terms. I told you that you were missing God in all this. You're at a dead end. If you won't believe I am who I say I am, you're at the dead end of sins. You're missing God in your lives."
(The Message)
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst:

John 8:23-24 Jesus said, "You're tied down to the mundane; I'm in touch with what is beyond your horizons. You live in terms of what you see and touch. I'm living on other terms. I told you that you were missing God in all this. You're at a dead end. If you won't believe I am who I say I am, you're at the dead end of sins. You're missing God in your lives."
(The Message)

Hmmm...thanks Josh

This was meant for 'rationalbehind' right? smiley

@ Rationalmind
Please forgive me. I really just couldn't resist. It was all in fun. Please don't be angry. smiley

1 Like

Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
I just could'nt let what you did with my post go without response. Clever, clever, clever. Mad props. grin
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
[quote author=Joshthefirst]
Sorry, I didn't see.
i'd pretend i believe that..

The xmas day bombings is a different case, a case of persecution. This case is a simple accident.

persecution..isn't it hilarious that an omnipotent God cant protect his 'people' from a mere 'mortal' persecution and this case a simple accident?

You assume the inspiration to hold a vigil where innocent people will die because of an accident is from God?
You might as well assume the terrorists who kill people are from God because they claim to do it in Gods name.
i know where this is heading to, it still points to the same question, which i'l ask over and over, where is he when his people need his protection?

God has already rightly put forth his character and his nature and what he's prone to do in the bible.

sure, it's obvious for all to see..

That people claim to do things in Gods name doesn't mean they actually are sent by God.
The atheists in this thread are just trying to blame God for any evil or mishap they see. When I come to try and get them to think straight, they call me deluded and foolish. Why would a God who protects his children send them to go and die in an accident?

so the deluded survivors can come back with thanksgiving and praises for saving them..

The same God that has saved me from accidents by warning me and directing my going in and coming out.

and he cant extend the same gesture to other multitudes?? Or do you read a different bible?

This is just an attempt to blame societal evils on God. And I'm called biased and foolish. The roman empire also blamed earthquakes and natural disasters on the christians in old times.
I see no difference.
yes you are..

1 Like

Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
plaetton:

Bros,
Seriously, most times I am wondering whether I am the only insane person amongs them , or, I am the only sane person. I go crazy just trying to figure out which is real.
shocked embarassed

And I tell you, even my grandfathers were not as superstitious as the present crop of humans in this land.

Something we agree on. Hallelujah! Praise The Lord! (sorry couldn't resist that one) cheesy
I have noticed this. At least here on NL. I am inclined to take your word on this one, though I have yet to visit Nigeria.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
that 'quoting system' was on purpose, so u wont skip it..
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
mazaje:

Good is good all the time how now?. . .I visited some very poorly equipped b r e a s t cancer centers in Ghana, Cameroon, Benin Republic and the one located in Abuja with a friend who is doing a documentary for the BBC. . .The suffering and agony I saw there says there is no good good any where. If I had the power to heal all those women I will do so immediately, any human that has the power fo heal them will do so immediately. . .Yet these women keep calling on some imaginary god to help them without any result. . .. christians just keep repeating this annoying mantra all the time. . .God is good how?. . .Because they are alive and doing well, but when you point to others that believe more than then that are going through untold difficulties then they try to use stupid arguments to rationalize it. . .They will even lie to themselves to show you that their imaginary god is good. . . .

Quite disheartning. I wonder what will ever make dem see no one answers those prayers
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
texanomaly:

This was what I said wrt what you said

"The individual might not have been there. He
could even had died prior to that time.(His death
would had been a greater good). He could have
had a little illness before then."

And yet you said I didn't consider it a remote possibility. Did you in anyway notice I didn't say the guy wasn't at fault? (and I didn't consider what you said).

All I said was, even at that, God who had d power should had found a way to protect his own. I don't think its difficult to understand.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
texanomaly:

Hmmm...thanks Josh

@ Rationalmind
Please forgive me. I really just couldn't resist. It was all in fun. Please don't be angry. smiley

Ure shooting yourself in the foot. I never said anything about seeing, touching and existence. You said it yourself. That's why Josh quoted you and not me. You said what I didn't say and that was what josh was replying.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by plaetton: 7:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
aManFromMars:

Yeah, Bro.

Jeremiah 27
[b]Give them a message for their masters and say, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: “Tell this to your masters: 5 With my great power and outstretched arm I made the earth and its people and the animals that are on it, and I give it to anyone I please. 6 Now I will give all your countries into the hands of my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; I will make even the wild animals subject to him. 7 All nations will serve him and his son and his grandson until the time for his land comes; then many nations and great kings will subjugate him.

8 “‘“If, however, any nation or kingdom will not serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon or bow its neck under his yoke, I will punish that nation with the sword, famine and plague, declares the Lord, until I destroy it by his hand. 9 So do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your interpreters of dreams, your mediums or your sorcerers who tell you, ‘You will not serve the king of Babylon.’ 10 They prophesy lies to you that will only serve to remove you far from your lands; I will banish you and you will perish. 11 But if any nation will bow its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon and serve him, I will let that nation remain in its own land to till it and to live there, declares the Lord.”’”[/b]

Wow.
This is very interesting . I had not come across these passages before.
But here is the twist.
King Nebu-chadnezzar did not serve Yahweh. far from it. In fact , he was the king and high priest of the Babylonian god Nebu, hence the title Nebu-chadnezzer(faithful servant of Nebu).

This would be a contradiction.

This goes to prove , once again, that the Biblical scribes simply copied and plageurized ancient Babylonian scrolls and texts.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
rationalmind:

This was what I said wrt what you said

"The individual might not have been there. He
could even had died prior to that time.(His death
would had been a greater good). He could have
had a little illness before then."

And yet you said I didn't consider it a remote possibility. Did you in anyway notice I didn't say the guy wasn't at fault? (and I didn't consider what you said).

All I said was, even at that, God who had d power should had found a way to protect his own. I don't think its difficult to understand.

THIS, is why I won't usually debate religion or politics. You twisted what I said to meet your needs. It is ok. Everyone does it. Everyone here has a strong conviction that they are right. What they believe, or don't believe, is the correct way of thinking. These two subjects are no-win conversations, when debated by those who are so passionate about the subject at hand. I should have taken my own advise and left after my initial post.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by plaetton: 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst:

John 8:23-24 Jesus said, "You're tied down to the mundane; I'm in touch with what is beyond your horizons. You live in terms of what you see and touch. I'm living on other terms. I told you that you were missing God in all this. You're at a dead end. If you won't believe I am who I say I am, you're at the dead end of sins. [b]You're missing God in your lives."[/b]
(The Message)

And who envies you?
And the dead people, were they missing god in their lives too?
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
texanomaly:
THIS, is why I won't usually debate religion or politics. You twisted what I said to meet your needs. It is ok. Everyone does it. Everyone here has a strong conviction that they are right. What they believe, or don't believe, is the correct way of thinking. These two subjects are no-win conversations, when debated by those who are so passionate about the subject at hand. I should have taken my own advise and left after my initial post.

Ok good. Bt I still don't see how I twisted what you said. Maybe I simply didn't get what you meant. That does not mean I twisted it.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 8:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
texanomaly:

Hmmm...thanks Josh

@ Rationalmind
yes, it was to support what you were saying to him.

Rationalbehind Lol. I'm sure you didn't do that on purpose.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
plaetton:

And who envies you?
And the dead people, were they missing god in their lives too?
sorry, I didn't say that. grin
Jesus said that.(Where did envy come up? grin)

I don't know about the dead people. I don't have all knowledge.
But I know that Gods word works, and I trust him and take him at his word in all situations. And he's never been proved wrong.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
plaetton:

Wow.
This is very interesting . I had not come across these passages before.
But here is the twist.
King Nebu-chadnezzar did not serve Yahweh. far from it. In fact , he was the king and high priest of the Babylonian god Nebu, hence the title Nebu-chadnezzer(faithful servant of Nebu).

This would be a contradiction.

This goes to prove , once again, that the Biblical scribes simply copied and plageurized ancient Babylonian scrolls and texts.
grin grin grin
This got me laughing.
This is what happens when someone makes a conclusion from a verse taken out of context.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 8:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dap07:
yes you are..
so that's your reply?
After reading what I said that's your reply?

We're back at the beginning. I might as well repost what I said. This shows you're not even listening to me.
Oh well.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes, it was to support what you were saying to him.

It was said with the utmost respect, in the spirit of camaraderie. grin abeg no vex
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
texanomaly:
It was said with the utmost respect, in the spirit of camaraderie. grin abeg no vex
grin grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes, it was to support what you were saying to him.

This is why some of these guys insult you but I won't do that.

Did you bother to check if I said anything remotely related to what she said to me?
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
rationalmind:

Did you bother to check if I said anything remotely related to what she said to me?
take it easy. I only quoted scripture to support what she said.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
rationalmind:

That was not meant as an insult. I am truly sorry. I was playing around with you. I tend to have a strange sense of humor. Again, I am sorry if I offended you. Please accept my sincere apology.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: take it easy. I only quoted scripture to support what she said.

Which of course had absolutely nothing to do with what I said.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 8:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
texanomaly:
That was not meant as an insult. I am truly sorry. I was playing around with you. I tend to have a strange sense of humor. Again, I am sorry if I offended you. Please accept my sincere apology.
grin grin grin
People have said I have a twisted sense o' humour too.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
rationalmind:

Which of course had absolutely nothing to do with what I said.
take it easy na. Which kin vex be dis?

Nawa o.
You wan kill peson?
grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
texanomaly:

cheesy No probs sis. I wasn't angry o. Its josh I'm just beefing.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 8:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
rationalmind:

cheesy No probs sis. I wasn't angry o. Its josh I'm just beefing.
grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: take it easy na. Which kin vex be dis?

Nawa o.
You wan kill peson?
grin grin grin

Lol, later bro. I'm going to stamford bridge now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? / Testimonies From Enthronedbygod When He Was On Nairaland / Building A Mini Flat Bungalow With 3million Budget.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.