Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,962 members, 7,828,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy (5713 Views)

Okotie,the Catholic Church & Our Gross National Lunacy:Fire In Bullshyt Mountain / Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 11:50am On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Troll: To be modest, i'll say 99% of them. Most definitely 100% of the Nigerian ones here. I know what i'm talking about Tex. Even i only read the bible through when i started having doubts. All through my adolescence and early adulthood i only read the bible during church programs, or with some themes in mind. Never cover to cover and definitely only the good parts.
Hmmm...I find this all fascinating really.

'Curiouser and curiouser'
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by MrTroll(m): 11:57am On Nov 10, 2013
texanomaly:

How long will you stay in Nigeria?
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Troll: How long will you stay in Nigeria?
2 weeks first visit.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by MrTroll(m): 12:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
texanomaly:
2 weeks first visit.
Oh. Seems quite short. I hope you do walk around. Pay particular attention on sundays. . .
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Troll: Oh. Seems quite short. I hope you do walk around. Pay particular attention on sundays. . .
I will be returning for a longer visit about a month after the first.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Troll: The thing tire me o. Where people are proud of their ignorance. Where people are too lazy to read anything more than 1 page long. Where people prefer to just swallow hook, line and sinker what their pastor says instead of actually reading the bible for themselves. . .

I'm telling you NONE of all these NL christians have actually read the bible cover to cover. Rinse and Repeat. All of them. . .
you are definitely wrong. I can still speak to you since you have not yet disregarded my testimony as lies and the 'vomiting of a deluded person'.

Before I met God, the bible was like a closed novel. I was just like you. Reading the bible only at church services or when I was 'forced' by my parents.

But after I met God. I couldn't get my hands off this book that I could now understand as the word of God. I was blessed every time I studied. God himself was there, speaking and teaching.
Why would I lie to you?

I've told you before, the real deal is out there, growing and getting discipled by God. Stirring for a revival.

When one becomes a christian, no body will be begging him or forcing him to read the bible. He will know its importance. It'll be life to him. He'll have questions answered.

I remember months after the meeting, I'd read the bible for hourrrrsssss a day(I had ample time then).
I'd forsake the normal things that could distract a young man and continue in Gods word. And I was really blessed I tell ya. I really grew in Christ. I know that Gods word is life. I can't get enough.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by MrTroll(m): 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
Have you read the bible cover to cover? Be sincere now. How long did it take you?
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 12:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Troll: Have you read the bible cover to cover? Be sincere now. How long did it take you?
More than once.
Early morning Seminary. Highschool days, 5:30am. 5 days a week. One school year on old testament, one school year on new. We were assigned so much to read each night. Then we discussed it the next day. Questions and opinions were encourage. Since those days, I still study daily. I read it like a book, but I also study by subject.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Troll: Have you read the bible cover to cover? Be sincere now. How long did it take you?
yes, but I don't do uniform reading most times. I've read portions of the bible and the epistles several times. I used to do uniform reading before, but I don't do that now.
I don't really take time records.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by MrTroll(m): 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes, but I don't do uniform reading most times. I've read portions of the bible and the epistles several times. I used to do uniform reading before, but I don't do that now.
Have you read the bible cover to cover. Your answer was not clear. See Tex's answer. Clear and concise.

@Tex, you found absolutely nothing amiss with the character of the old testament Yahweh?

Edit: Don't answer that Tex.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by MyJoe: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Troll: Lol. It was a female lecturer sha. Still though, i had a male lecturer then who anytime you want to ask a question, he will first of all ask you if you are born again. So i just never bothered asking questions in his class.

Yet, the same man was advising his female project students not to marry outside the Igbo tribe because. . . .
This must be one of them private schools. So what happens when you answer that you are not born again?

texanomaly: @plaetton...I'm afraid I have derailed your thread here.

@ those who answered my education question...can we discuss this when I come to Nigeria? I would very much like to hear more. Thanks
Sure. Great.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Troll: Have you read the bible cover to cover. Your answer was not clear. See Tex's answer. Clear and concise.

@Tex, you found absolutely nothing amiss with the character of the old testament Yahweh?

Edit: Don't answer that Tex.
yes I have.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by plaetton: 6:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
texanomaly:

It is really that bad
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by plaetton: 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes, but I don't do uniform reading most times. I've read portions of the bible and the epistles several times. I used to do uniform reading before, but I don't do that now.

Would you understand and appreciate Shakespear if you just read a chapter here and a verse there randomly each time you want to score a religious point?
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 6:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
plaetton:

Would you understand and appreciate Shakespear if you just read a chapter here and a verse there randomly each time you want to score a religious point?
no that's not what I meant sir. I meant I read by topic like tex said.

Once I finish a study, God directs me to a new one.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
Joshthefirst: no that's not what I meant sir. I meant I read by topic like tex said.

grin
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by plaetton: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
rationalmind:

grin
Yup
wink

I wonder what God was directing in the Phillipines two days ago
10,000 dead and counting.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
plaetton:
Yup
wink

I wonder what God was directing in the Phillipines two days ago
10,000 dead and counting.

Its all their fault, It had absolutely nothing to do with God. God is forever merciful and loving.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by mazaje(m): 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
rationalmind:

Its all their fault, It had absolutely nothing to do with God. God is forever merciful and loving.

Some one on face book is already thanking god that Nigeria is not Philippines. . .She is praying that god should protect naija from natural disasters. . .These people are just crazy. . .
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
mazaje:

Some one on face book is already thanking god that Nigeria is not Philippines. . .She is praying that god should protect naija from natural disasters. . .These people are just crazy. . .

I see many of those things n I just shake my head at the damage religion has done to peoples brain. If God can't protect philippine, how will he protect Nigeria. What the hell is special about Nigeria?

God is always responsible for the intelligence in the universe. Disasters, we humans are responsible. These folks can't simply see all these things have absolutely nothing to do with God.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by mazaje(m): 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
rationalmind:

I see many of those things n I just shake my head at the damage religion has done to peoples brain. If God can't protect philippine, how will he protect Nigeria. What the hell is special about Nigeria?

God is always responsible for the intelligence in the universe. Disasters, we humans are responsible. These folks can't simply see all these things have absolutely nothing to do with God.

Just see how people are making frantic efforts to save each other from the disaster in Philippines. . .No god is anywhere close, yet people will be thanking god in far away Nigeria for sparing them. . .How the religious mind operates still baffles me a lot. . .
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by mazaje(m): 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
Joshthefirst: no that's not what I meant sir. I meant I read by topic like tex said.

I am tired of all these meaningless talk and platitudes you keep spewing that have no value at all. . .Tell god to tell you when exactly he created the universe so that we will know the true age of the universe and end a big crisis within the christian circle. . .

1 Like

Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 9:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
Quit your whining and come and look at this thread by Kay17 and give us your opinion:

https://www.nairaland.com/1506143/possibility-natural-intelligence

You just refuse to accept the spiritual.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
mazaje:

Just see how people are making frantic efforts to save each other from the disaster in Philippines. . .No god is anywhere close, yet people will be thanking god in far away Nigeria for sparing them. . .How the religious mind operates still baffles me a lot. . .

It baffles me more.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by mazaje(m): 7:27am On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: Quit your whining and come and look at this thread by Kay17 and give us your opinion:

https://www.nairaland.com/1506143/possibility-natural-intelligence

You just refuse to accept the spiritual.

I am not whining, you keep making BASELESS claims that are NEVER true. . .You claim you speak to your god and your god speaks back. He even directs you most of the time. ..My question is tell your god to tell you exactly when he created the universe. . .Failure to do so ,means you have been lying all the time. . .

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by nnofaith: 11:33am On Nov 11, 2013
[quote
author=mazaje]

I am not whining, you keep making BASELESS claims that are NEVER true. .
.You claim you speak to your god and your god speaks back. He even
directs you most of the time. ..My question is tell your god to tell you
exactly when he created the universe. . .Failure to do so ,means you
have been lying all the time. . .[/quote] The information you are seeking is classified. Yahweh could tell him, but he would have to kill him.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by mazaje(m): 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
nnofaith: The information you are seeking is classified. Yahweh could tell him, but he would have to kill him.

grin grin
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by MrTroll(m): 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
MyJoe:
This must be one of them private schools. So what happens when you answer that you are not born again?

Sure. Great.
nope. it was, and still is a govt owned university. one of the first in the country wink

like I said, I didn't bother asking questions in his class. no time for long talk...
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr Troll: nope. it was, and still is a govt owned university. one of the first in the country wink

like I said, I didn't bother asking questions in his class. no time for long talk...
So if the schools are so bad, how does anyone get into university?
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr Troll: nope. it was, and still is a govt owned university. one of the first in the country wink

Reminds me of my lecturer who spends time talking about how God is punishing america for legalising homosexuality instead of teaching what he came to teach.

Funny thing is, you dare not even ask him questions regarding his claim.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
I guess they are just as bad, from the sound of it. This is incomprehensible to me. It can't be that bad.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
texanomaly: I guess they are just as bad, from the sound of it. This is incomprehensible to me. It can't be that bad.

You won't understand sis until you witness it yourself, Its really that bad. Though not all of them are like that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do You Go To Your Church? / TB Joshua: It Takes Insanity To Deny This Resemblance / Another Warning By Brother Ubani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.