Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy (5715 Views)

Okotie,the Catholic Church & Our Gross National Lunacy:Fire In Bullshyt Mountain / Nigerian at 53: Jim Iyke, T.B Joshua And Our Gross National Lunacy / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
rationalmind:

Reminds me of my lecturer who spends time talking about how God is punishing america for legalising homosexuality instead of teaching what he came to teach.

Funny thing is, you dare not even ask him questions regarding his claim.
why don't you dare ask him questions?
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 10:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
Education in nigeria is really bad because of deplorable infrastructure and lack of motivation and resources for meaningful research, among other things like good teachers and lecturers.

The people are intelligent though. They just do not have oppourtunity to develop, and they are sometimes limited by their thinking.

But this should not stop anyone from developing himself. There are very many resources for personal development all around us(like the internet).
People should not limit themselves.

Things are changing shaa. I believe the end of the current strike will signal a new dawn in the education sector of this country.

Although most pals are pessimistic and hate this, I try to get people motivated for change and personal development everywhere I find myself in nigeria.

They need to learn to think outside the box of challenges and trust God to give them resources to implement innovation.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by mazaje(m): 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: Education in nigeria is really bad because of deplorable infrastructure and lack of motivation and resources for meaningful research, among other things like good teachers and lecturers.

The people are intelligent though. They just do not have oppourtunity to develop, and they are sometimes limited by their thinking.

But this should not stop anyone from developing himself. There are very many resources for personal development all around us(like the internet).
People should not limit themselves.

Things are changing shaa. I believe the end of the current strike will signal a new dawn in the education sector of this country.

Although most pals are pessimistic and hate this, I try to get people motivated for change and personal development everywhere I find myself in nigeria.

They need to learn to think outside the box of challenges and trust God to give them resources to implement innovation.

Why are you running away from my question, you claim god tells you what to read from the bible and he talk to you bla bla bla. can you ask him to tell you when exactly he created the universe?. . .
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
mazaje:

Why are you running away from my question, you claim god tells you what to read from the bible and he talk to you bla bla bla. can you ask him to tell you when exactly he created the universe?. . .

Hahaha, I thought someone gave you that answer already. The information you seek is classified.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: why don't you dare ask him questions?

Ask him questions? You have no idea who I'm talking about. I'm not ready to jeopardise my result.

You even see 98% of the class nodding their head in support of the BS he's saying.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
mazaje:

why would I tell you when you wouldn't believe me?
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: why would I tell you when you wouldn't believe me?

You answer first na. Shoo
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by mazaje(m): 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2013

I can and will believe you as long as its true. . .
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 10:41pm On Nov 11, 2013

*walks through thread, dragging a dead horse*

"Excuse me, just passing through."
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 10:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
texanomaly: *

*walks through thread, dragging a dead horse*

"Excuse me, just passing through."
*blocks her path, asks her: "what are you doing with that dead horse ma'am?! Surely you don't want to eat it!"*

grin
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
mazaje:

I can and will believe you as long as its true. . .
grin grin

Then why are you asking me when you already know the true answer?

You're asking for a sign. God does not give unbelieving people signs.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by MrTroll(m): 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
texanomaly:
So if the schools are so bad, how does anyone get into university?
examination malpractice. corruption cuts across all sectors of the nation.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 10:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr Troll: examination malpractice. corruption cuts across all sectors of the nation.
ungortunately, this is true. But its changing in some universities that vehemently fight against it and use computer based testing.

You'll be surprised the little amount of knowledge a person who claims to have gone to secondary schopol has. Smh.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by mazaje(m): 10:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin

Then why are you asking me when you already know the true answer?

You're asking for a sign. God does not give unbelieving people signs.

You have been lying as usual. . .You do not even know your bible, is it not the bible that says that unbelievers will see and believe when talking about signs?. . .What are you talking about?. . .Tell your god to tell you how many years ago he created the universe. . .I don't know but if your god can tell you and it is reasonable then I will believe. . .I am waiting. . .
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by MrTroll(m): 11:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: *blocks her path, asks her: "what are you doing with that dead horse ma'am?! Surely you don't want to eat it!"*

grin
'dead horse' is an idiomatic expression....
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
mazaje:

You have been lying as usual. . .You do not even know your bible, is it not the bible that says that unbelievers will see and believe when talking about signs?. . .What are you talking about?. . .Tell your god to tell you how many years ago he created the universe. . .I don't know but if your god can tell you and it is reasonable then I will believe. . .I am waiting. . .
Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 11:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr Troll: 'dead horse' is an idiomatic expression....
I was making a joke....
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 11:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: *blocks her path, asks her: "what are you doing with that dead horse ma'am?! Surely you don't want to eat it!"*

grin
Nope...If y'all are done beating it, I thought I would bury the poor thing.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by MrTroll(m): 11:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst: I was making a joke....

texanomaly:
Nope...If y'all are done beating it, I thought I would bury the poor thing.

see the explanation. the 'joke' was off point.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr Troll:

see the explanation. the 'joke' was off point.
you should have laughed to pity me at least.
Smh.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 11:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
*walks into thread. Slaps Mr. Troll. Grabs him on either side of his face. Kisses him soundly on the mouth, and walks out*

@ topic
I stand by my initial statements.
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 11:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
If someone says "don't beat a dead horse" it simply means to stop talking about a topic that has been throughly talked about enough where there isn't anything else you can talk about without repeating yourself. It can also apply to an action being done over and over when it simply won't work.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by MrTroll(m): 11:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
texanomaly: *walks into thread. Slaps Mr. Troll. Grabs him on either side of his face. Kisses him soundly on the mouth, and walks out*
angry angry angry
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by texanomaly(f): 11:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr Troll: angry angry angry
grin
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by mazaje(m): 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
Joshthefirst:
Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

I am not looking for a sign but knowledge. . .This issue is dividing many christians, can you tell us since you claim to speak to your god?. . .
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by nnofaith: 10:33am On Nov 12, 2013
will josh answer the god dammed question?

dammed if he does!
dammed if he doesnt!
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by MyJoe: 10:51am On Nov 12, 2013
Mr Troll: nope. it was, and still is a govt owned university. one of the first in the country wink

like I said, I didn't bother asking questions in his class. no time for long talk...
A public university - a first generation federal university for that? That is a scandal. But I guess one shouldn't be surprised after seeing the recent magnetism in homosexuality research which was endorsed by a science Ph.D. holder who asked them to quote him anywhere and published by a national newspaper.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2013
mazaje:

I am not looking for a sign but knowledge. . .This issue is dividing many christians, can you tell us since you claim to speak to your god?. . .
the age of the earth can be calculated from the bible.

We don't need God to tell us.

And God as I said, is not your houseboy. The only sign that'll be given to an unbeliever asking for a sign is the sign of jonah(try to understand what the sign of jonah is)

nnofaith: will josh answer the god dammed question?

dammed if he does!
dammed if he doesnt!

As for you my brother.

I have only a statement to make.

You spelled damned wrong.
grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by nnofaith: 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
Joshthefirst: the age of the earth can be calculated from the bible.

And God as I said, is not your houseboy. The only sign that'll be given to an unbeliever asking for a sign is the sign of jonah(try to understand what the sign of jonah is)

As for you my brother.

I have only a statement to make.

You spelled damned wrong.
grin grin grin
damm!
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by Joshthefirst(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
nnofaith: damm!
grin grin
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by MrTroll(m): 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2013

We don't need God to tell us

grin grin grin
Talk about contradiction. grin grin

And i presume the earth is 6000 yrs old from your biblical calculations abi?

why dont we throw away all scientific knowledge and go to the bible for all answers to scientific enquiry?

Oh! wait...
Re: Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy by mazaje(m): 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2013

It can't. . .Some christians who claim access to the holy spirit and god say it is not true, why are they wrong and what did your god tell you. . .Scientist and history with verifiable evidence have shown that the earth is NOT 6000 years old. . .Why should we believe you?. . .I want you to tell your god to tell you the age of the earth, so your god is your own house boys that he leads you and talks to you, eh?. . .I laugh in greek. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Invisible Pink Unicorn Argument? / Testimonies From Enthronedbygod When He Was On Nairaland / Building A Mini Flat Bungalow With 3million Budget.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.