Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,805 members, 7,824,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam (23823 Views)

My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars / Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by slimthugchimee(m): 10:28am On Nov 06, 2013
Just like i always say STELLA GOES NOWERE

13 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Abel202: 10:28am On Nov 06, 2013
Stella Oduah This, Stella Oduah that, Stella Oduah bashing is what some people have vowed to continue doing until the woman is sacked by Jonathan. Well, sorry to dissapoint those folks as Princess Stella Oduah - The Best Aviation Minister Nigeria has had in ages is going nowhere.
Her employer Dr Goodluck Jonathan knows that all these things are propaganda geared towards tarnishing her image and that of Jonathan's administration.
This woman has done nothing. Infact I make bold to repeat myself that this woman is one of the best thing to have happened to this country for a very long time. So no amount of media war or intimidation will get her out of that office.
Let the media war continue - STELLA ODUAH STAYS ON AS AVIATION MINISTER. I have no freaking apologies to anyone for my views.

12 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by mascot87(m): 10:31am On Nov 06, 2013
Abel202: Stella Oduah This, Stella Oduah that, Stella Oduah bashing is what some people have vowed to continue doing until the woman is sacked by Jonathan. Well, sorry to dissapoint those folks as Princess Stella Oduah - The Best Aviation Minister Nigeria has had in ages is going nowhere.
Her employer Dr Goodluck Jonathan knows that all these things are propaganda geared towards tarnishing her image and that of Jonathan's administration.
This woman has done nothing. Infact I make bold to repeat myself that this woman is one of the best thing to have happened to this country for a very long time. So no amount of media war or intimidation will get her out of that office.
Let the media war continue - STELLA ODUAH STAYS ON AS AVIATION MINISTER. I have no freaking apologies to anyone for my views.
Who cares about your views? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:31am On Nov 06, 2013
TechWalker007: Why am I feeling these Yorobah boys that were sacked for incompetence put some holes in the roof as instructed by their Sahara Reporters propaganda machinery?

When FFK was there, was there roof at all? grin grin
Yoruba people have a culture that frowns at them supporting corruption like Igbo people. I visit Ile-Ife, the hometown of FFK, often. When his governorship campaign posters were pasted in strategic places like Enuwa, Lagere, Moore, Sabo, Urban Day, Mayfair, etc, people openly said they won't a thief as their governor.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Icent99(m): 10:31am On Nov 06, 2013
ok
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by TechWalker007: 10:33am On Nov 06, 2013
teeo:

What is the point Alleged corruption should be overlooked abi
I'm not saying so my brother. I'm saying it should not be selective.
If we must probe corruption we must do it to all corrupt officials including Tinubu.
More so, we must do it with the same vigour!

4 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by thaoriginator: 10:33am On Nov 06, 2013
teeo: Stella Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Project An Elaborate Scam - Air Transport Workers Allege

Newly renovated Murtala Mohammed Airport ln Lagos is leaking
By SaharaReporters, New York
As investigations progress into Aviation Minister Stella Adaeze Oduah’s scandalous purchase of two BMW armored cars that cost N255 million, members of the National Union of Air Transport Employees have called for a proper probe of the Aviation Ministry’s airport rehabilitation projects, describing them as an elaborate scam.

The embattled minister initiated extensive airport rehabilitation and remodeling projects that have gulped billions of naira.

Earlier, SaharaReporters had reported that the air workers union had written a petition to the Nigerian Senate in July. The petition portrayed the airport rehabilitation projects as a cesspool of corruption.

In the petition, the union accused the minister of personally benefiting from two-phase projects designed for the remodeling of eleven airports in the country. The petition alleged that the minister used N7 billion from the Federal Government’s 2012 appropriations as well as another N1 billion from internally generated revenue of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), an agency under the Aviation Ministry.

Ms. Oduah had reportedly asked the Ministerial Tenders Board to approve her plan to use a two-phased rehabilitation exercise. The petition alleged that the minister had awarded consultancy jobs to three crony firms in the last quarter of 2011 without advertisement or evidence of “no objection” from the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP). Instead, the minister allegedly awarded the contracts with the confidence that she would retroactively obtain the certificates of “no-objection” for the crony consultancy firms that received the contracts.

The N255.7 million contracts went to Messrs. Ngonyama Okpanum and Associates; Messrs. Design Union Consulting Limited, and Messrs. Triad Associates Limited, which received N99 million, N60.9 million, and N95.5 million respectively.

The air transport workers alleged that no comprehensive reports on the consultancy services were ever presented during any meeting at the tenders’ board level.

After getting away with the questionable methods for awarding consultancy contracts, the minister reportedly boasted at a tenders’ board meeting that she had obtained President Goodluck Jonathan’s approval to adopt a selective tender method for determining the contractors to execute the upgrade and rehabilitation projects at the eleven airports in 2012.

The petitioners said Ms. Oduah cajoled the tenders’ board to approve her predetermined list of companies for the contracts. In a letter which Ms. Oduah used FAAN to write to the BPP, the minister cited “urgency” as her basis for seeking selective tender method for the upgrade and rehabilitation of airports.

“Rehabilitation and upgrade do not qualify as emergency that call for urgency,” wrote the airport workers in their petition obtained by SaharaReporters.

An executive of the Tenders’ Board told SaharaReporters that the minister and her associates “said it was for urgency that they elected the selective tender method and stipulated six months [as the duration of the projects], but it is now over two years and you can see their basis for selective tender is defeated. This is properly a case of fraud.”

Citing a violation of section 40-42 of the Public Procurement Act, the workers argued that selective tendering would be justifiable for the award of contracts that require some peculiar
expertise available only to a select few companies.

“Renovation of terminal buildings falls short of this requirement, but BPP approved it for Selective Tendering (notwithstanding),” the petition said.

SaharaReporters also saw a letter written by BPP to FAAN giving approval for the desired selective tender method on the reasons, which the workers’ petition now faults.

In a curious development, the petitioning workers disclosed that the companies listed for the selective tender were not the same companies on site. A source in the union told SaharaReporters that Ms. Oduah substituted the companies she secured selective approval for at the BPP with other ones that eventually went on the site, without going back to the BPP for fresh approval of the companies that are eventually carrying out the projects.

“It seems as if the initial companies did not settle the minister to her satisfaction, hence her decision to bring in other companies to do the job,” the unionist told our correspondent.

The workers also disclosed that the contracts, which were most likely inflated due to the undue advantage of selective award to crony firms, were yet to be completed when Ms. Oduah appeared again at the tenders’ board, seeking approval for the “second phase.”

The workers’ petition to Senate asserted that “the contracts listed in the phase-two are [a] repetition of the same contracts described in phase-one earlier approved.” They contended that the rates in Phase-Two were even more inflated.

In the petition, which the Senate leadership has failed to address since receiving it in July, the workers stated, for example, that “Zakhem Construction Nig. Ltd was awarded the contract for upgrade of [Murtala Muhammed International Airport] Lagos in the 1st phase at the sum of N920,191,147.58. Curiously, [the] same company was awarded another contract in the tune of N981,900,300.45 for ‘upgrade and rehabilitation’ of MMIA Lagos, under a spurious banner of Phase II.

"One of the documents obtained by SaharaReporters shows that the ministry quoted N270.261 million for direct procurement of an “emergency relocation” of Airside Power House/Associated Equipment at E-Wing of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Ikeja, Lagos. The direct procurement was prepared in favor of a certain Messrs. Gamji Nigeria Ltd.

“Our minister has a tradition of starting something with [a] minimum of N255 million, just as the sham consultancy jobs for airport rehabilitation, and it is trite to remind of the N255 million BMW cars,” an air transport worker stated.

“All she seems to care about is amassing wealth for herself and her cronies while planes occasionally drop from Nigerian skies,” an Abuja-based transparency advocate said.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/stella-oduah%E2%80%99s-airport-upgrade-and-rehabilitation-project-elaborate-scam-air-transport-wor
this na real case of PPP (Pusssy Paci Power)
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by slimthugchimee(m): 10:33am On Nov 06, 2013
I knew the poor state of enugu airport before oduah like tufiakwa black boards were used for time for take off but now itz better
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by MrAboki: 10:37am On Nov 06, 2013
Okay!!

So because the roof is leaking, that makes all the other works put into the Airport null & void.. grin

I have been around too long to know when someone is out to get me.

The way the Stella has been attacked over the past 4 weeks shows me that someone somewhere wants her head on a platter. Even the Police Pension scam didnt recieve this much press. grin

Make una try o! The Nigerians that are gullible believe that this is good journalism, the rest of us know that this is witch-hunting.

How come nobody has told us how the Farouk Lawan & Otedola story ended?!
The Police Pension fund scam nko?!
The new compulsory deduction from Police salary nko?
The NYSC allowance deduction scam that has been on for over 15 years Nko?

Stella Oduah!!

I dont like what you did o!! But in a room full of armed robbers, you are the pick-pocket there.. angry

15 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 06, 2013
Immediately ASUU calls off this strike, I'm deactivating this stupid account, this stupid forum will just fill one's head with tribal hatred and bias.

I'm done.

5 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Slizbeat(m): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Your bigoted mind has block your sense of reasoning to know that beautifying or remodelling of seven out of the over twenty airports is far from giving Stella Oduah a pass mark. In fact, even if she does same in all the airports and airstrips. It's like the Minister of Education, Nyesome Wike, defying the demand of ASUU, and then turn around to renovating and repainting structures in some universities just to get cheap favour for himself and GEJ from east of the Niger. This will amount to doing the right thing wrongly.
What the aviation sector needs is safety in our airspace. What is in the FG beautifying our airports when states are now building airports that are now better than those of the FG? Osun State will soon complete its airport whose runway will be the longest.

Not surprised it's coming from Orlando Owoh.

I wouldn't mix issues with you cos I have seen your post and comments alot of times.

Good for Osun, last time I checked, they call her "state of Osun". She is so independent. Longest runway won't attract travellers and tourists but a beautifully made airport like Dubai international airport, terminal 6 in particular, Malaysia's airport and Nairobi Kenyatta airport.

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:39am On Nov 06, 2013
1MCN:
Remember, am not [and will not] brazenly support corruption. But I don't think we may have to wait until the 1st shot is dealed on Mrs Stella before we agree that there's been imminent danger to the minister's life. Dora faced her threat from her people because they felt the pain of her actions. Yorubas came on the crucible here because they dominate the Nigerian aviation industry.
Once a person is accused of corruption with strong evidence to back it, it is only natural for her boss to sack since her office is appointing, not elective. Her continued stay in the FEC is a dent on the image of the already corrupt government of GEJ. When former minister of education, Fabian Osuji was accused of bribing the Senate, OBJ sacked him.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by bloggernaija: 10:40am On Nov 06, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Why is it that whenever a thread on corruption involving any Igbo person is opened, people from the SE will quickly tribalize it for it not to see the light of front page? They do all within their "reach" to not only deny it of front page but also the politics section. If doesn't end in the racial and ethnic section, it's outrightly deleted.
I'm not saying other tribes are not corrupt. But none, or maybe hardly, shield any one among them that is corrupt. Tafa Balogun was accused, tried and sentenced for corruption when OBJ was the President yet no Yoruba said anything.
I won't be surprised if our moderators delete this.
Kennery de Ijoya.

Why are you wasting your time?
Just be prepared for the formation of your true fatherland.
ODUA STATES.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Forwetinnah: 10:41am On Nov 06, 2013
Some people just need this Stella news to keep them busy..nice try!

1 Like

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by oseo1(m): 10:42am On Nov 06, 2013
Sahara reporters and their ctap again, can anyone actually say the airport is not in much better shape now than before?

MMIA is better now than I have ever known it. The local airport is a completely different place as well.

3 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by slimthugchimee(m): 10:43am On Nov 06, 2013
mascot87:
Who cares about your views? undecided
i care

3 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by thaoriginator: 10:45am On Nov 06, 2013
Abel202: Stella Oduah This, Stella Oduah that, Stella Oduah bashing is what some people have vowed to continue doing until the woman is sacked by Jonathan. Well, sorry to dissapoint those folks as Princess Stella Oduah - The Best Aviation Minister Nigeria has had in ages is going nowhere.
and........WHO DA FUQ ARE YOU NIGGA?

1 Like

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by akin33(m): 10:47am On Nov 06, 2013
I can help Stella ODUDUWA out of her many troubles. Provided he credit my bank account with 1billion for me to buy sunproof. Me too wan chop the life of my head o. Emi na fe je n'be!
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by FlamingGun: 10:48am On Nov 06, 2013
I am no Oduah supporter, but the steady stream of negative reporting principally from one source raises an eyebrow. SR and the past Minister of Aviation (a man of doubtful integrity, a mockery of maleness, in short a contemptible idiot) clearly have an axe to grind and will stop at nothing. After the failed attempt to bring down Arunma Oteh and Okonjo Iweala, the full force of their artillery is now Stella Oduah.

I have yet to read anything that substantially proves that Stella is what she has been painted to be. No public body has come up with evidence that she has dealt corruptly, has not followed due process, etc. Proof is what matters - and proof cannot be provided through spurious reporting and newspaper articles.

I encourage those pursuing Oduah to turn the same amount of attention to all other ministers, governors, permanent secretaries, etc. The more they focus solely on one individual who they obviously detest for not giving them a bite of the cake, for not even allowing them to come close the bakery, for resisting their thirst to have their way - their perceived "birth right", the more they prove that she has delivered. And what she has delivered will outlive her tenure as minister.

The Fani-Kayodes of this world and "we wan chop" unions can all go bury their nutty heads in the Sahara sands in shame!

FG

9 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Lilimax(f): 10:49am On Nov 06, 2013
Source: Sahara Reporter... undecided?

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Swiftboy(m): 10:49am On Nov 06, 2013
all this tribalistic rant no make sense.I want justice Is it too much to ask.let her clear herself if she's innocent,other wise,she should face the music.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by youngeagle(m): 10:55am On Nov 06, 2013
TribalEAST: Imagine, after billions spent, we still use buckets to drain water leaking from the roof of our airports.

STEALER oduah must go.
are u guys out of ur mind,is she d contractor dat renovated that airport,y do u guys judge wit sentiment.....corruption! Corruption..u dat buys one persons myopic opinion without investigation ist not a bad act.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:55am On Nov 06, 2013
Slizbeat:

Not surprised it's coming from Orlando Owoh.

I wouldn't mix issues with you cos I have seen your post and comments alot of times.

Good for Osun, last time I checked, they call her "state of Osun". She is so independent. Longest runway won't attract travellers and tourists but a beautifully made airport like Dubai international airport, terminal 6 in particular, Malaysia's airport and Nairobi Kenyatta airport.
You've not said anything meaningful. FYI Osun State has many tourist centres that attract tourists. There are the Erin Ijesha Waterfall, Opa Oranmiyan, Oshogbo Groove, River Osun, etc. Foreigners come to these places without security, and yet not kidnapped like they would have in other parts of the country which their home governments have always dissuaded them from going. When I was in OAU, some foreigners doing exchange programme in my department were always seen in Ife town without being afraid.
Don't forget, foreigners that have accepted Ifa and other traditional beliefs of the Yoruba, come to Ile-Ife on pilgrimage just as christians and moslems go to Israel and Saudi Arabia respectively. You need to see the hotels that are springing up in Ile-Ife.

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by nedu666: 10:58am On Nov 06, 2013
KUDOS TO SAHARA REPORTERS, HOWEVER WHY IS IT ONLY STELLA THEY ARE EXPOSING. DOES IT MEAN SHE IS THE ONLY CORRUPT PERSON OR

WHAT. WHAT OF THE LEKKI BUY BACK SCAM, WHEN WILL THEY PURSUE IT VIGOROUSLY. WHAT OF OANDO SCAM IN SHORTCHANGING THEIR

SHAREHOLDERS BY PURCHASING QUESTIONABLE OIL RIGS FROM CONOCOPHILIPS, WHAT OF KENNY MARTINS POLICE FUND SCAM, WHAT

HAPPENED TO JIMOH IBRAHIM 38BILLION LOAN SCAM IN AIR NIGERIA, WHEN WILL THEY WRITE ON HOW JIMOH KILLED NICON, WHAT OF GBENGA

OBSANJO AJAOKUTA SCAM, WHEN WILL THEY WRITE ON HOW OSIBODU OF UBN FALSIFIED ACCOUNTS CLAIMING THEY RAISED 8BILLIN IN

RIGHTS ISSUE, WHEN WILL THEY BEAM THE SEARCH LIGHT OF THE LOANS GRANTED HONEYWELL OTUDEKO BY FBN ONASANYA IN VIOLATION OF

CBN RULES OF GRANTING BOARD DIRECTORS LOANS WITHOUT COLLATERAL. SAHARA REPORTERS ARE JUST TRIBALIST FULL STOP

7 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Slizbeat(m): 11:00am On Nov 06, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
You've not said anything meaningful. FYI Osun State has many tourist centres that attract tourists. There are the Erin Ijesha Waterfall, Opa Oranmiyan, Oshogbo Groove, River Osun, etc. Foreigners come to these places without security, and yet not kidnapped like they would have in other parts of the country which their home governments have always dissuaded them from going. When I was in OAU, some foreigners doing exchange programme in my department were always seen in Ife town without being afraid.
Don't forget, foreigners that have accepted Ifa and other traditional beliefs of the Yoruba, come to Ile-Ife on pilgrimage just as christians and moslems go to Israel and Saudi Arabia respectively. You need to see the hotels that are springing up in Ile-Ife.

Now you just made sense. If all these places weren't beautified, would tourism have grown??

We need beautification.

1 Like

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 06, 2013
Sahara reporters again. How many of the remodeled airport are leaking and was oduah the engineers that didn't do a good job on the roof? Doesn't the authority at the airport receive maintenance money, or why not recall the people that roofed the airport to correct the mistake, am sure it on't cost them.Moreover that picture looks so fake, seems buckets the cleaners were using to clean the airport.

1 Like

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by OneNaira6: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2013
SMH. The first attack didn't make an impact, she's still the aviation minister, thus they switch to a new attack. SMH. Just because this poor woman fired the incompetent buffoons that FFK filled the aviation industry with is the reason why this people won't let her rest. Na wa oo. All because they want power. Tufiakwa. Well a lesson to all politicians, be it Igbo or whoever, when someone declares war on you don't push it off, rather take it seriously and get prepared. The first attacks probably took Stella by surprise but she handled it perfectly. Just like the earlier one failed "woefully" might I add, this one would also fail woefully. That woman na ikemba/Odeshi.

1 Like

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Gregzee: 11:11am On Nov 06, 2013
if not in NairaLand where else can you get such misleading news! You guys have not stated your true intentions yet. Who even services this NairaLand.....Maybe Tinubu or otedola or this other f**l that was once in house...Bunch of Big*ts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola / 6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 / Valentine: EFCC Shares Recharge Card Vouchers On Twitter. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.