Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam (23822 Views)

My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars / Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
arsenalwenger: Bi-courtney=LCC=FRAUD.

Nigeria>Yoruba+Bicourtney.

Aviation ministry>Bicourtney.

The avaition minister has done well by undoing the fraud initiated and installed by FFK and his Yoruba partners. I am sure no more 'return\kick back' for FFK on the bicourtney concession.

Aviation ministry is not a subsidiary of Odua invstment co.
No Yoruba is saying Babalakin is being victimized when his Bi-Courtney lost neither is any Yoruba supporting FFK, Bode George, Dimeji Bankole, etc because of their records of corruption. OBJ openly condemned the ceremony Bode George organized to celebrate his release from the Kirikiri Prisons.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
You try small smiley
Shut up! I will teach you Igbo, and help you and UNESCO for the already dying language not to go into extinction.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by frankyychiji(f): 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
carsprayer: Smoothest FRAUD in this country's history.
Period...
A road that is suppossed to cost #50bn
(already abnormally costly at #1bn per km, sm
would say) to be constructed by d
Concessionaires who are then expected to
recoup their costs AFTER they must have
finished construction tru tolling. After 7 years
the road is no where near completion, yet d
Concessionaires started collecting tolls
illegally in d last 3 years (at an average of
#4.2billion annually according to a results
from Survey conducted by the Concessionaire
in 2011). Suddenly, in stead of d LASG
terminating d contract Or, at least pressuring d
Concessionaire to implement their own terms
of d contract, the Govt is amazingly paying
them #15bn to 'buy back' this failed
Concession, #6.8bn and #3.5bn to pay the
Debts and 3rd party liabilities incurred by the
failed Concessionaire (yes, LASG is willing to
even pay these people's debt!!!) ie more than
#25bn in total. This is apart from d #5bn the
Govt initiali paid to d Concessionaires at d
start of d scheme. And, WAIT for it: LASG also
intends borrowing #87.7bn by raising a bond
to then build d road itself . That is more than
#103bn in total. This is from a project that
was suppossed to cost #50bn (which was
considered even too expensive at this figure
then)!!!
And to make d whole mata worse, d LASG wud
still retain this same failed Concessaire, and
apparently STILL PAY THEM either to collect
tolls on d road or continuing building d road!!! .
THE QUESTION IS: WHO IS BEHIND THIS LCC
CONCESSIONAIRE?? Who is chopping these
humongous money from Lagos State Tax
payers, with impunity? And why the
UNIMAGINABLE Hypocritical SILENCE from
peeps?
http://www.tellng.com/business/question-over-
lekki-concession-buy-back
http://allafrica.com/stories/201308300319.html
bros we are not too blind to see and we are not silent. We are not also rabble rousers like sahara reporters. When d time comes, we shall speak. Obanikoro was letting d cat out of d bag d other day and we told him to relax. Runsewe was letting d cat out of d bag d other day and we told him to relax. Time not yet come broda. U too dey rush. grin grin.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by popingo(f): 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
Long live the Federal Republic of CORRUPTION embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Ayibaba1: 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
It is sad when I read people's comments that are laden with sentiments and bereft of good reasoning and sound logic. I was taught fallacy in my Philosophy class, and it did not make much meaning to me until now. Let us all speak against social ills, corruption and indiscipline in our society irrespective of whose horse is gore or who is affected. This is the way a virile society is built. Achievement is important, but most important is the means to an end. This is lacking in the present day Nigeria where the source of people's fortune does not interest us again. You can be a highway rubber, as long as you have beautiful houses and car, and you are feeding some people. But really, what we do does not only interest God and humanity, but also the motive behind it. A civilization does not crumble outside, except it first destroys itself inside. The fabric of our moral perspective is gradually eroding away, impunity is setting in and sentiment is blinding us from it. What a pity.

1 Like

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by naiwalam: 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Yoruba people have a culture that frowns at them supporting corruption like Igbo people. I visit Ile-Ife, the hometown of FFK, often. When his governorship campaign posters were pasted in strategic places like Enuwa, Lagere, Moore, Sabo, Urban Day, Mayfair, etc, people openly said they won't a thief as their governor.

which culture is that? the one that allows a former presedent to grqace the "welcomming party" of a convicted thief olabode george? no be so?
abeg. why do you people still think nobody have seen through you guys already? you guys continue to behave like brain dead "intellectuals"

this thing is getting too much. stella should be redeployed to another ministry and to replace a yoruba minister while another igbo replaces stella.

only then will we see the real cry of these crybabies. moni wey she dey shop, na from una region? what do you guys contribute to the national till that you are making all these noise for? angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by gratieao: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
Staller Oduah everyday una no de tire?
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
naiwalam:

which culture is that? the one that allows a former presedent to grqace the "welcomming party" of a convicted thief olabode george? no be so?
abeg. why do you people still think nobody have seen through you guys already? you guys continue to behave like brain dead "intellectuals"

this thing is getting too much. stella should be redeployed to another ministry and to replace a yoruba minister while another igbo replaces stella.

only then will we see the real cry of these crybabies. moni wey she dey shop, na from una region? what do you guys contribute to the national till that you are making all these noise for? angry angry angry
Go search google and see how OBJ said he was tricked into attending it. He immediately left after cursing George.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by hisawesomeness(m): 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
Lol! some of us here don't even know what an airport looks like. lol sahara reports carry fake news o.

1 Like

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by BetaThings: 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
1MCN:
I've tried not to exonerate the enbattled minister of the alleged crime but you'd note a few things that have informed the position of most Igbos in this Oduah saga:
1. Sobowale had on Feb 24 2013 said in his article on Vanguard that the Yorubas have prepared to fight the minister to a standstill with all they have because of some unverifiable percieved tribal antagonism. Igbos see this saga as a clear manifestation of that rabid threat.
2. Igbos got very provoked at the corrosive vocality with which the Yorubas were asking for her summary dismissal even when she's not been given a fair hearing. Even Bode George, Tafa Balogun, etc were not jailed before their trail. Bankole is still enjoying his several tens of billion naira loot. Patricia Etteh was investigated before impeachment, and the list goes on. Why the haste to uproot Stella extra-judicially?
3. The said car was not bought in her name. It was for the use of the agency. With the plethora of threats to life which the minister recieves even from aviation workers (filled with disconcerted Yoruba folks) it may not be entirely out of place for the minister to need greater security for her. Obasanjo bought a more sophisticated auto for Dora when her life was in danger.
And, finally, I hope with this, you'd not say again that Igbos are "defending" their "corrupt" sister just on the grounds of ethnicity. I am Igbo and I'd speak against evil no matter who commits it. It'd praise good even if it's performed by someone am not in perfect friendship with.

You are trying to make a good and independent case but you are ruining it by not being open-minded enough
Ifeanyi Ubah went to Coscharis for assistance claiming the Yorubas were blocking him. Coscharis believed him and provided the assistance. When Ubah now failed to pay back, Coscharis realised he had been conned

My point, people like to introduce religion and tribalism into issues in this country. And we immediately believe it
I am taking this position because there is NO way one can get rid of an Igbo minister and bring in a minister from another tribe. Barth Nnaji was sacked from Power Ministry - who is there now? Prof Nebo from the same state

Let me give you another - Gabriel Suswam claimed that Muslims in the North were angling for the death of Christian governors in the North. Yet Suswam comes from a state where Christians are in the majority and his deputy is a Christian. How does his statement make sense? A muslim cannot succed him. Infact Suswan's fear should be that if he (a Tiv) dies, an Idoma would become governor. But that is how politics is played in Nigeria

As for cars being bought in the name of an office etc, you are clearly better than this. The essence of all those procurememnt measures is to stop abuse not outright theft of buying things in the names of individuals

If you owned a company and a GM who is entitled to an official car bought it for N5m (when the going price is N3m), but the car is registered and insured in the name of the company, would you say it is ok?
The first thing is that resources are limited and we need to make what we have go very far. But if we spent the entire budget on by giving contracts to Julius Berger to building hospitals for N5b when we can have it for N1b, how are we going to spend on education

Public procurement processes require open competitive bids not because an airport/hospital/road etc will be built/bought in the name of individuals but to economise the use of resources

As for threats to life, do you think her solution is the best? And that claim has been debunked by NCAA saying it is for foreign dignitaries.

we saw threats to Dora and Ribadu. But we need comprehensive solution to issue of security. No armoured car can survive sustained attacks by well armed criminals. By the way no Nigerian minister can walk freely all the time whether or not she has indentified enemies. If one dies, it is an opportunity for another person. That is a constant threat

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by andyanders: 12:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
Cateryn: When in ds country are we goin 2 have corruption-free-leaders again, whose profile will b devoid of bad reports. People dat can beat dia chests confidently dat dey truly served

Not yet born. We are yet to find a genuine Nigerian leader with conscience. All the present politicians and their political appointees are all conduit pipe for fraud.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by agabaI23(m): 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
So why did they keep quiet till now? Two years after?
Why didn't complain or insist at the tenders board meeting that due process be followed?
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by agabaI23(m): 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
No Yoruba is saying Babalakin is being victimized when his Bi-Courtney lost neither is any Yoruba supporting FFK, Bode George, Dimeji Bankole, etc because of their records of corruption. OBJ openly condemned the ceremony Bode George organized to celebrate his release from the Kirikiri Prisons.
Openly condemned and he was there in the thanksgiving service?

1 Like

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Slizbeat(m): 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
agabaI23:

I wonder where the guy always gets his own info from......being watching.

1 Like

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by BetaThings: 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
frankyychiji: i will help him out cos nobody has d monopoly of knowledge. It was during ffk time. Ffk actually spent only six months in office before he was removed for incompetence.
Stick to facts
Bellview, Sosoliso and ADC happened under Borishade

- October 22, 2005: A Bellview Airlines Boeing 737 airl iner with 117 people on board crashes and disintegrates in flames shortly after take-off from Lagos. All on board killed.
- December 10, 2005: A Sosoliso Airlines DC-9 crashes in Port Harcourt, killing all 103 on board. Most on board were for schoolchildren going home for Christmas.
- October 29, 2006: Aviation Development Corporation Airline Boeing 737 with 104 on board crashes minutes after take-off from Abuja’s airport during a rain storm
https://www.nairaland.com/893742/timeline-air-crashes-nigeria

Borishade was appointed Minister of Aviation of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in July 2005.
In December 2005, President Obasanjo directed Borishade to give his progress report on the steps taken to restore sanity in the aviation sector on a monthly basis.
He was replaced on 2 November 2006, four days after the crash of an ADC Airlines Boeing 737 passenger aircraft, and moved to the Culture and Tourism ministry, trading positions with Femi Fani-Kayode
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babalola_Borishade

1 Like

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by frankyychiji(f): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Your bigoted mind has block your sense of reasoning to know that beautifying or remodelling of seven out of the over twenty airports is far from giving Stella Oduah a pass mark. In fact, even if she does same in all the airports and airstrips. It's like the Minister of Education, Nyesome Wike, defying the demand of ASUU, and then turn around to renovating and repainting structures in some universities just to get cheap favour for himself and GEJ from east of the Niger. This will amount to doing the right thing wrongly.
What the aviation sector needs is safety in our airspace. What is in the FG beautifying our airports when states are now building airports that are now better than those of the FG? Osun State will soon complete its airport whose runway will be the longest.
osun airport?? For who nah? Ok for d worshipers of osun river goddess who converge there yearly from far and wide. Good one.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
agabaI23:
If you're suffering from dyxlesia, ask somebody to explain my comment to you.

1 Like

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by nagoma(m): 1:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
TribalEAST: Imagine, after billions spent, we still use buckets to drain water leaking from the roof of our airports.

STEALER oduah must go.

Yes she must go to jail.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
teeo:

At least Dora wasn't attacked by Yoruba's it was her own kinsmen who attempted to assassinate her. Dora got thousands of threats but until an actual one was carried out she didn't get the "sophisticated" auto. I hope you know you can't compare the alleged threats Stella claim to be receiving to that of Dora
EWU, WERE, so Oduah should wait until she is killed by YORUBA ppl before she get protection, " until actual one" Mehn You are the biggest mumu in NL

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Fynist(m): 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
Una no fit drop comment without dropping Tribal hatred? Why? Pathetic
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by frankyychiji(f): 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
tha_originator: and........WHO DA FUQ ARE YOU NIGGA?
YOUR SUPERIOR
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
khamas19: ...madam 255.....cisco ni iya.

..tiffin in binary tins...lol...

ategun ofo....

grin grin grin grin grin grin Yoruba ppl, the biggest clown in the whooole world, Yes 255.0.0.0 thats the default IP , IGBOS have used it to reach the broken heart of Yoruba ppl cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by godsI(m): 1:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
teeo:

At least Dora wasn't attacked by Yoruba's it was her own kinsmen who attempted to assassinate her. Dora got thousands of threats but until an actual one was carried out she didn't get the "sophisticated" auto. I hope you know you can't compare the alleged threats Stella claim to be receiving to that of Dora
Dullard, so an attempt should be made before she procure one, right?
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by godsI(m): 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
teeo:

Lummox, so an attempt should be made before she procure one, right? Yoruba!!!
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by 50calibre(m): 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Fools should continue running from pillar to post. Their 1st scheme has failed, now they are trying to cook up something else. But read this.....
PRINCESS STELLA ADAEZE ODUAH IS GOING NOWHERE!
The earlier you all got it into ur oil thick craniums the better for you all.

Can you give me one good reason why you support Stella Oduah?

you are a disgrace to yourself & your tribe. This is why Biafra was doomed to fail from the very start, because the Igbo tribe is awash with people who don't think properly like you.

You turn a blind eye to corruption because she's from your tribe, how stu*pid can that be? This is why i will never vote an Igbo person as president, put an Igbo person in power, & he might sell the country to the highest bidder.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Yoruba people have a culture that frowns at them supporting corruption like Igbo people. I visit Ile-Ife, the hometown of FFK, often. When his governorship campaign posters were pasted in strategic places like Enuwa, Lagere, Moore, Sabo, Urban Day, Mayfair, etc, people openly said they won't a thief as their governor.

OH the same FFK thats a Saint when he was Aviation minister and yoruba spokesman, but he stole 19 Billion Naira in just 6 months, the record has not be broken in Guinness book of Record

1 Like

Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Pataki: 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
If you're suffering from dyxlesia, ask somebody to explain my comment to you.
Are you minding that ewu?

He has no moral uprightness whatsoever. Typical ibo man.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Greatpooss(m): 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
This is a serious war against Stella Oduah. Trying times continue!
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Dejiabimbola320: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
Igbo people stop being tribalistic/critics Yoruba people stop being greedy critics/self minded hausa people stop being foolish and unwise let us all come together and be one..............................
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by nagoma(m): 1:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

OH the same FFK thats a Saint when he was Aviation minister and yoruba spokesman, but he stole 19 Billion Naira in just 6 months, the record has not be broken in Guinness book of Record

The way you see it is tribal corruption competition and Oduahs is competing for your tribe. How pathetic. These are the wretched young people that are expected to build a country. Never. angry
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by frankyychiji(f): 1:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Go search google and see how OBJ said he was tricked into attending it. He immediately left after cursing George.
OMG! Obj was tricked? By who? How? Blindfolded? OMG! Orland Owoh, so far i have decided to let u be on dis topic. Buh dont push ur luck too far. Shebi u know what i can do to you? If u must have a brain in ur head that u dont wanna make use of, i am more than will to use a spear to stir it for u! Be warned from now on cos am watching u.
Re: Oduah’s Airport Upgrade And Rehabilitation Is A Scam by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
In a more civilized society, petition is a good thing for checks and balances, in Nigeria we turn it to tribal war. If ibo people don't like the yorubas, why are they still living and making money all over odua cities? why cant you guys go back to your own "country" i.e Anambra, Enugu e.t.c.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

OPC Sacks Fasheun As President / Buhari Breaks Fast With Diplomatic Corps Tonight / Shehu Sani Advises Tinubu To Learn From Abiola’s Travails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.