Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Eminem Really The Rap God? (38952 Views)

Is Eminem The Most Emotional Rapper? / Is Eminem Really The Rap God?? / Is Eminem Richer Than Lil Wayne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lolllllzzz, its either you guys are kids or simply biased, eminems mmlp is the greatest selling album in hip hop history, plus it is the number one rap album on the list of 100 greatest albums of all time..... stan is also one of the greatest songs of all time..... since lilwaynes the carter2, no rap album has sold has sold as much as eminems mmlp2 which sold over 700000 copies in its first week... drake,jayz and kanye west all released albums this year but none of them comes even flose to the rapgod album.... only drake tried a bit but i am still wondering whether it was rap or rnb he was doing on dat album..... eminem is arguably the rapgod but the fact that he is the best rapper alive is undisputable...

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by quivah(f): 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
sandijey:

Lupe fiasco isn't a rap god! I Just like him! Tupac is the only rap god! "Till the end of time" "singing"
Your original post said otherwise..
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwUKuK3WfNI

from rakim's mouth......

"If Eminem was black, he would be next to Mohammed Ali"

that's rakim himself putting eminem in the god-status. watch the video & listen to rakim lauding eminem. our generation should be grateful we witnessed what eminem did with pen & paper.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
ochon:

Anyone that doesn't agree that rakim is number one should be shot at close range. He must be senile angry

Eminem is the greatest. Stop all these pioneers hype
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by DopestepTJ(m): 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwUKuK3WfNI

from rakim's mouth......

"If Eminem was black, he would be next to Mohammed Ali"

that's rakim himself putting eminem in the god-status. watch the video & listen to rakim lauding eminem. our generation should be grateful we witnessed what eminem did with pen & paper.
Thank you dude. If Eminem was black all these guys would be hailing him

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

even rakim confirms eminem as number one. nas is god's son, 2pac was the most influential, rakim pioneered the game - eminem learnt from them & he has surpassed them.

It is to his credit that Ra never shied away from acknowledging eminem's contribution grin

The truth is, despite what fans like you think - and I am not suggesting your opinion does not matter - industry insiders still consider Ra #1.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Keky(m): 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
datopdlink: rap god nah.he's extremely talented o....but there are better people,and everyone knows them...he wouldn't be among my top 5 greatest of all time,but he'd be in the lower 5.hes good.
who f****king cares abt ur top 5? He is a rap god. Simple
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by babyboy3(m): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
If am correct I think in album sells Eminem is second to Jay Z with around 80m
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by emilusakpos: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
LOlzz tupac is absolutely not the rap god .No one will listen tupac, if he was alive today. Both eminem and nas will lyrically destroy tupac in a rap battle. Eminem doesn't get enough credit, because he is white, no rapper even come close to him in terms of rapping techniques.

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Yunglix(m): 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
If u say tupac is a RAPGOD den Martin Luther King is the greatest politician and speech writer of all time. Tupac rapped about being black in America and various tin about life Eminem is just lyrically gifted.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

It is to his credit that Ra never shied away from acknowledging eminem's contribution grin

The truth is, despite what fans like you think - and I am not suggesting your opinion does not matter - industry insiders still consider Ra #1.

should we discuss his pen game if you have the time? cos there's no point talking about a subjective matter on who's greater than who without highlighting what makes them great & co.

if you are ready, let's do justice........

baby-boy:

eminem is 2nd to jay-z? 2 eminem albums sold more than jay-z's entire discography. eminem sold more than 2pac as far back as 2009.

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by fijiano202(m): 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
TO All EMINEM Fans,TRY TO GOOGLE OR SEARCH THE EARTH FOR GREATEST RAPPERS OF ALL TIME,EMINEM is Not Featured in the TOP 5.NAS is the undisputed god of Rap
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Ishilove: 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Despite his laudable contributions to the craft, no serious hip hop aficionado ranks enimem #1.

Rakim, Tupac and Nas remain the gold standard, and you know it. These big three remain the Rapper's rapper much like Anita Baker remains the singer's songstress, fact!

Err, the bolded is not a fact but strictly YOUR opinion.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Aphrodite4(f): 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
pappilo: Hell No

For me not even in the top 10. Is he better than Nas, Method Man, Raekwon, Talib Kweli and many many more? I remember his 1st major single "my name is". What a joke of a song. How da hell do you sing that and go on to be the Rap god?

The only reason he blew was the colour of his skin. I remember my former oyinbo manager saying "I dont like rap music but I like Eminem".

Is he lyrically more gifted/efficient than the lot u mentioned? Yes! A resounding yes for tht matter.
Is he better than them? It depends on your definition of 'better' because all those rappers you mentioned have their own style n delivery method n have been successful at it in their own way. Comparing them to each other isn't really accurate and fair to their styles..
How can he put together a track like 'my name is' n go on to become a rap god? One word - evolution. Hopefully you understand wht I mean. Bdw, 'my name is' was awesome..
As to why he blew up.. First of all, to say it's because of the color of his skin isn't really accurate. One : he's brilliant and puts a lot of thought into crafting every bar of every verse. And he raps using actual English words not the excessive hood lingua most black rappers use and Em stil delivers mean verses while at it..
Finally he redefines his rap progressively but in a consistent, lyrically brilliant manner..

Selah

6 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
ochon:

Anyone that doesn't agree that rakim is number one should be shot at close range. He must be senile angry

We all know about the Rakim-pac-biggie-nas fable, but speaking in present terms, I think I'd give that title to Jigga before Em. Em may be a new god, but Jigga has been with his fellow gods since. So creative, lyrically witty, consistent since 1995 and more of a shape shifter than any other rapper alive. He embodies what a god should be like, finesse, classy, lots ah benjies and oh! a goddess for a wife.
baby-boy:

In that case, I name JK Rowling as the greatest author of all time - by virtue of having sold 400 million Harry Potter books.

1 Like

The problem is that black folks are not too willing to admit That a white dude is beating them in in their own game.person way Sabi don sabi i stop beefing him <o s he is white

5 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Aphrodite4(f): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Very very true.. Ra was so far ahead of his time it was scary..
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by almaliki: 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
i laugh when u guys hype eminem like he's all n all.........don't get me wrong.........the dude is good though..... but will not make my top 20 greatest all time Mc's/rappers...........this ain't about been biased or racism.............hiphop music is way deeper than album sale's...........it's an art that is composed of beat, rhymes, poetry, and culture..........real hiphop heads know the truth about dis.........there are a couple of rappers who are way d'oper than eminem...........i must let u guys know that eminem wouldn't have been able 2 stand d competition of 90's hiphop should he had stepped out back then..........bootom line...........he ain't the G.O.A.T.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by youngeagle(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
pappilo: Hell No

For me not even in the top 10. Is he better than Nas, Method Man, Raekwon, Talib Kweli and many many more? I remember his 1st major single "my name is". What a joke of a song. How da hell do you sing that and go on to be the Rap god?

The only reason he blew was the colour of his skin. I remember my former oyinbo manager saying "I dont like rap music but I like Eminem".
true talk bro...need a good lyrics listen to Talib kwelib
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by babyboy3(m): 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

In that case, I name JK Rowling as the greatest author of all time - by virtue of having sold 400 million Harry Potter books.

The highest selling Rap Album of all time is - The Marshall Mathers LP (29m)

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by chimajii: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
njokusboy: Lolllllzzz, its either you guys are kids or simply biased, eminems mmlp is the greatest selling album in hip hop history, plus it is the number one rap album on the list of 100 greatest albums of all time..... stan is also one of the greatest songs of all time..... since lilwaynes the carter2, no rap album has sold has sold as much as eminems mmlp2 which sold over 700000 copies in its first week... drake,jayz and kanye west all released albums this year but none of them comes even flose to the rapgod album.... only drake tried a bit but i am still wondering whether it was rap or rnb he was doing on dat album..... eminem is arguably the rapgod but the fact that he is the best rapper alive is undisputable...

^^ i am forced to think U're talkin out of ur arse....going by wat u said above...as regards him being no.1 on whatever charts...is he d 1st?....yo! U jst spitting fire....let me tell U sumtin...when it comes to Rap and Hip Hop....chart sales and what not dont really matter....aight....that is really sumtin POp, R&B kats crave...so U using d basis of chart to think 'eM is d greatest is a Big fail...cos it holds no water....what matters majorly in hip hop/rap is street credibility,delivery and content.....infact let me dnt skool U again..cos u seem nt to knw d heck U talkin bout..

If u're an objective person U'd agree with me that 'em isn't doing anything different or new....if anything He is Yelling!! Need i mention that if U eed ur sanity Intact..it's better u dnt listen to 'Ems song with a Head Phone...

S/N: IF NOT FOR THE WHITES, EMINEM WOULD BE A NOBODY,THEY ARE THE 1s holding him up...that's mainly because they wanna prove to peeps their is a white Man that Raps....yada yda Bull crap!..
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
mekula:

We all know about the Rakim-pac-biggie-nas fable, but speaking in present terms, I think I'd give that title to Jigga before Em. Em may be a new god, but Jigga has been with his fellow gods since. So creative, lyrically witty, consistent since 1995 and more of a shape shifter than any other rapper alive. He embodies what a god should be like, finesse, classy, lots ah benjies and oh! a goddess for a wife.

Oga Listen to Jayzs renegade Eminem made him look like a kid in that song

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

should we discuss his pen game if you have the time? cos there's no point talking about a subjective matter on who's greater than who without highlighting what makes them great & co.

if you are ready, let's do justice........

eminem is 2nd to jay-z? 2 eminem albums sold more than jay-z's entire discography. eminem sold more than 2pac as far back as 2009.

Any opinion on this issue is ultimately subjective - this is why I default to the opinions of other rappers in the game.
Records sales is not necessarily the best measure either.

I will be back later.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by hancock(m): 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
. . . . If it wasn't for blow j.o.b.s you wil be unemployed. . .
yikes'! wicked flow from em
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Aphrodite4(f): 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
mekula:

OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVEN'T LISTENED TO THE TRACK, "RENEGADE".. Don't worry, it's not your fault I understand..
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
njokusboy: The problem is that black folks are not too willing to admit That a white dude is beating them in in their own game.person way Sabi don sabi i stop beefing him <o s he is white

spot on!
black folks would never admit the white boy is killing them in the craft they pioneered. eminem has been tested time & time again & he came out tops. he handed jay-z's bütt to him on a plate as far back as 2002 on renegade.

who hasn't eminem destroyed on a record?

4 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
emilus akpos: LOlzz tupac is absolutely not the rap god .No one will listen tupac, if he was alive today. Both eminem and nas will lyrically destroy tupac in a rap battle. Eminem doesn't get enough credit, because he is white, no rapper even come close to him in terms of rapping techniques.

God bless you brah, don't mind those guys

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by fijiano202(m): 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by busymouth: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
if we believe in one GOD (even in Hip Hop) then we r all blaspheming....where do u place NAS, RAKIM,RAEKWON,BIGGIE, and a whole lot of other lyricists...even JAY-Z......not Em,he is definately trying but not a rap God..respect his flow tho...
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
quivah:
Your original post said otherwise..

By naming four rappers and concentrating on one! Anyone would no who my rap god is!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido / Wizkid 'No Stress' Is No1 In Nigeria & the US World chart according to ITunes / I Need A List Of Reputable Musicians You Can Easily Play Where Kids Are!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.