Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

And What's So Special About The Male Child? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / And What's So Special About The Male Child? (18321 Views)

Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents / What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by rioemmanuel(m): 12:24am On Dec 06, 2013
yellowpawpaw: I need my lens o!
Efe is playing with my medulla.

Kai, I need money.
How do I rob bank without gun

What's dis one saying
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 06, 2013
jmoore:

He should marry his fellow man and impregnate him for continuation. smh
tongue
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by 50calibre(m): 12:27am On Dec 06, 2013
byvan: Nothing special,a dead man doesn't know whether he is succeeded or not,Africans and their idiosyncrasies undecided.They certainly still complain when they ve no female children.

Really? So because a dead man isn't aware of anything, he shouldn't put things in place for when he's gone? Are you trying to act like you don't know the African tradition, or have you been brainwashed?

4 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by OrangeHokage(m): 12:28am On Dec 06, 2013
jeffizy: Family A . After five girls, the last being age 15, the parents decided to try 'once more' for a male child.
Luckily,they got a boy. But the sisters complained of embarrassment from their parents.

Family B
They had 7 children, all girls. The hubby is looking outside for the missing male child from his scrotum! From another woman of course.

Family C
Wife's family advised her to protect herself diabolically to prevent her man from seeking a new wife after she gave birth to their third girl.

N.B
Above are real life occurrences.
What is so special about the male child?
female children don't continue legacies and bloodlines male children do.. And forgot this equaltiy shit everyone one is Tryna put up now female children have never been recognized and will never be. Even the bible says so..

6 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by OrangeHokage(m): 12:30am On Dec 06, 2013
jeffizy: @Expatriate..I would rather think about my quality of life while alive than my lineage after I'm long gone.
let me tell u your life while u r alive means nothing without a legacy or a lineage

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Lanjonath(m): 12:32am On Dec 06, 2013
50calibre:

Really? So because a dead man isn't aware of anything, he shouldn't put things in place for when he's gone? Are you trying to act like you don't know the African tradition, or have you been brainwashed?

Sorry but what is this so called africab tradition? So having a male puts things in place..how? I expect education to hv sorted out this twisted idea...obviously I was wrong. If ts about the surname for all u know it may not pass the third generation nd if ts bout property, there's always a legal will...so what exactly r u saying? Coz ur sounding really sexist nd failing to make your point

5 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by ExpressBooking(m): 12:34am On Dec 06, 2013
Those that don't have children at all will tell you the importance of every child be boy or girl. The fact is that it is a gift from God and whatever He predestines for any man is for a purpose. So I'd say to everybody to pray to God about his perfect will in their lives. Come to think of it if you have all male children without a female child, at your old age you will pray and wish you had a female child.Female children are very caring and loving to their parents. Guys don't get it wrong here.....but honestly they devote time to take care of their ageing or sick parents while the male children doles out the cash required in any magnitude and provides the support and security needed in any family. But certain times it requires the love,care, affection and attention of their children. In conclusion both male and female children are wonderful

12 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Lanjonath(m): 12:35am On Dec 06, 2013
ExpressBooking: Those that don't have children at all will tell you the importance of every child be boy or girl. The fact is that it is a gift from God and whatever He predestines for any man is for a purpose. So I'd say to everybody to pray to God about his perfect will in their lives. Come to think of it if you have all male children without a female child, at your old age you will pray and wish you had a female child.Female children are very caring and loving to their parents. Guys don't get it wrong here.....but honestly they devote time to take care of their ageing or sick parents while the male children doles out the cash required in any magnitude and provides the support and security needed in any family. But certain times it requires the love,care, affection and attention of their children. In conclusion both male and female children are wonderful

Well said
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by OrangeHokage(m): 12:36am On Dec 06, 2013
Lanjonath:

Sorry but what is this so called africab tradition? So having a male puts things in place..how? I expect education to hv sorted out this twisted idea...obviously I was wrong. If ts about the surname for all u know it may not pass the third generation nd if ts bout property, there's always a legal will...so what exactly r u saying? Coz ur sounding really sexist nd failing to make your point
education doesn't change anything. Naming (surname) is nothing, property now that's just vanity. It's the blood a woman doesn't carry the blood and a man does, women are just passage for that blood
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Lanjonath(m): 12:45am On Dec 06, 2013
OrangeHokage: education doesn't change anything. Naming (surname) is nothing, property now that's just vanity. It's the blood a woman doesn't carry the blood and a man does, women are just passage for that blood

A woman does not carry the blood. .she has water in her veins..yh? U shud think before u blab trash

8 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by 50calibre(m): 12:47am On Dec 06, 2013
Lanjonath:

Another brainwashed individual trying to act smart and unaware of his tradition.

I can't start lecturing you on the African tradition, it's common knowledge. If your father has/had anything of worth, you'd understand I'm saying.

5 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Lanjonath(m): 12:48am On Dec 06, 2013
I feel y'alls shud show women some respect. .a woman z just a passage, you make women sound like slaves..smh.. I'm out, ts not worth it

4 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Lanjonath(m): 12:49am On Dec 06, 2013
50calibre:

Another brainwashed individual trying to act smart and unaware of his tradition.

I can't start lecturing you on the African tradition, it's common knowledge. If your father has/had anything of worth, you'd understand I'm saying.

Like yours right? That's why he taught u so well about the importance of ur tradition, children nd women. .. buzz off

5 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:54am On Dec 06, 2013
tpia@:
Well, you say you're male, tell us what's special about you.
They said male children are for continuation of family lineage by blood.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by 50calibre(m): 12:54am On Dec 06, 2013
Lanjonath:

Like yours right? That's why he taught u so well about the importance of ur tradition, children nd women. .. buzz off

Like I said, you won't understand something that doesn't pertain to you. Those who understand,... understands!!
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Lanjonath(m): 12:57am On Dec 06, 2013
50calibre:

Like I said, you won't understand something that doesn't pertain to you. Those who understand,... understands!!

Those who understand. .understands..in all the property left for u, ts a shame u couldn't inherit quality education. ..no need for the "s" at the end of understands
Night..enjoy ur inheritance

11 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Lanjonath(m): 12:59am On Dec 06, 2013
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Lanjonath(m): 1:01am On Dec 06, 2013
Lanjonath: Sorry if I offended anyone with my comments. .just trying to express my opinion. .sorry once more for anyone tht feels offended, dnt think any of it was necessary. . .wasn't my intention. .my sincere aplologies...night!
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by winteriscoming: 1:30am On Dec 06, 2013
Here is an apt definition for tradition/culture : It's just something a bunch of guys used to do before and a bunch of others guys chose to continue.

It's like monarchy where people are expected to bow before you because you were the descendant of some dude who managed to convince his people he was God's gift to them.

Take the killing of twins as a real life example. It used to be tradition. See all the good stopping it has done, we now have p-square(wait is this an advantage :-)).

Children are special male or female.

6 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 1:50am On Dec 06, 2013
obadiah777: he continues your lineage. the human is the sperm cell. the womb is just the incubator. not saying that is special but thats what men who vividly search for male children are after. continuation

Your biology teacher clearly failed woefully as far as you're concerned!

SMH @ incubator

4 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by abbakacici: 2:05am On Dec 06, 2013
Lanjonath:

and you know less the 5% of nigerian actually use legal will, because nigerian in general see going to court as bad thing, for example 10 the most educated igbo family in the world i don't think more then 3 family will 100% share the property according to the death man will, and igbo being the most westernised nigerians as compare with hausa and yaruba
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 06, 2013
Both sexes are very important. But for some reasons, which are understandable, male children are preferred over female.

I know some of you will not believe it, there was a time a male child would receive more child benefit from govt than the female. And I am talking about the western world.

Going back into history, if you as a family did not have male children, your family became inferior in the society. No representation among the decision makers.

A society with less men, became prey to the ones with mighty men. Men protect their families and societies. Men stood up for their wives and daughters,mothers and sisters.

That doesn't make the female child inferior. It simply shows who does what. It is what it is.

10 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Elxandre(m): 2:18am On Dec 06, 2013
Not trying to sound sexist, but the fact remains.
Let me explain the african way cheesy using this scenario.

A millionaire man has a daughter, but unfortunately, he had an heart attack at 60. A playboy takes advantage of the situation, getting himself married to lady.

The lady starts to bear the husband's name while dropping the late Dad's name. As the official head of the family, he becomes the company boss, and probably even relegates the wife to a backstage role.

The Late Man's dynasty ends, his sweat has left his lineage, Even his name is gone.

This is a fact. Though its not in our hands to decide what sex pops out of a sexual union.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Elxandre(m): 2:22am On Dec 06, 2013
All sex are equal, but some are more equal than the others wink cool

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Vinsaint(m): 2:39am On Dec 06, 2013
Nkaa, owu ajuju? Nwoke bichiri ulo.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by tpia5: 3:11am On Dec 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by jeffizy(m): 3:33am On Dec 06, 2013
OrangeHokage: let me tell u your life while u r alive means nothing without a legacy or a lineage
Orange, with all due respect, the quality of life I lived is my Legacy.
Same page bro. grin
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by AreaFada2: 3:36am On Dec 06, 2013
Look I used to believe that there's no need for male kids.

But events both personal and around some people I know now make me realise that our ancestors were not foolish.

Because of education and long stay abroad, I bought into this Western/equality hype.

In my observation the girls just got married and left, barely caring about their elderly parents (some do).

Funeral expenses came, hear excuse " I am just a woman, you know. We girls don't know about these things".

Time to share property: "Since father left no will, things must be shared equally, this is 21st century you know".

Elsewhere, on hearing of her dad's death the most senior child/daughter abroad said "Well I am NOT going to Lagos for the funeral, I'm just a girl. Anyway dad sold his best houses before he died".

Two men who had no sons, their houses in the village have now nearly fallen down from neglect. Their daughters are busy cooking for their husbands in far-flung corners of the world.

Sure some girls won't fit into the above but why risk it?

To believe that we must follow everything oyinbo do will not make us oyinbo. It will only further demonstrate our self-loathing and inferiority complex as a people (no matter how much we deny it).

Women in their selfishness cannot see beyond personal/their kids interest in marriage.

As an African guy you have a duty to preserve your lineage and name, especially an only son like me. Something your wife couldn't care less about.

14 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by jeffizy(m): 3:39am On Dec 06, 2013
tpia@:

the op seems to have issues with his self esteem.
[s] Are you reading what you just wrote here?
I thought you were on Sesame Street earlier on, but it's clear it is something else.
Kindly stay off . Your handshake is getting beyond the wrist. [/s]

What points to your assumption in my posts?

3 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 3:52am On Dec 06, 2013
jeffizy: Family A . After five girls, the last being age 15, the parents decided to try 'once more' for a male child.
Luckily,they got a boy. But the sisters complained of embarrassment from their parents.

Family B
They had 7 children, all girls. The hubby is looking outside for the missing male child from his scrotum! From another woman of course.

Family C
Wife's family advised her to protect herself diabolically to prevent her man from seeking a new wife after she gave birth to their third girl.

N.B
Above are real life occurrences.
What is so special about the male child?
they have amu.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 06, 2013
Lanjonath: I feel y'alls shud show women some respect. .a woman z just a passage, you make women sound like slaves..smh.. I'm out, ts not worth it
be proud u ar female or male and stop making unnecessary something off nothing, you sound like u ar having serious issues seeing u have an ikpu instead of amu. ingest more testosterone, Ur case may change. No one is seeing the female folks as slaves and for all I know the females are accorded as much respect as the male folks just that some females want more than necessary just like you and in DAT case, the wisest thing is to ignore you.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 4:27am On Dec 06, 2013

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

He Sells His Wife's Chin-chin In The Office / Parents Take Son To Court To Force Him To Get A Job / How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.