Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

And What's So Special About The Male Child? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / And What's So Special About The Male Child? (18315 Views)

Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents / What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by BarryX(m): 4:41am On Dec 06, 2013
And here goes the battle of the sexes.

I've noticed that NLers who has no point to argue always play the grammer/illiteracy card to win arguments which is absolutely unintelligent.

TOPIC:
Males are not necessarily "special" but apparently different from the females in shared family responsibilities.

Nature made it so -- So why really sweat it.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by ZUBY77(m): 4:44am On Dec 06, 2013
Matthew 1.

The Genealogy of Jesus the
Messiah
This is the genealogy [ a] of
Jesus the Messiah[ b] the son of
David, the son of Abraham:
17 Thus there were fourteen
generations in all from Abraham
to David, fourteen from David to
the exile to Babylon, and
fourteen from the exile to the
Messiah.
Joseph Accepts Jesus as His Son
18 This is how the birth of Jesus
the Messiah came about[ d] : His
mother Mary was pledged to be
married to Joseph, but before
they came together, she was
found to be pregnant through
the Holy Spirit. 19 Because
Joseph her husband was faithful
to the law, and yet [ e] did not
want to expose her to public
disgrace, he had in mind to
divorce her quietly.
20 But after he had considered
this, an angel of the Lord
appeared to him in a dream and
said, “Joseph son of David, do
not be afraid to take Mary home
as your wife, because what is
conceived in her is from the Holy
Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a
son, and you are to give him the
name Jesus, [ f] because he will
save his people from their sins.”
22 All this took place to fulfill
what the Lord had said through
the prophet: 23 “The virgin will
conceive and give birth to a son,
and they will call him
Immanuel”[ g ] (which means
“God with us”).
24 When Joseph woke up, he did
what the angel of the Lord had
commanded him and took Mary
home as his wife. 25 But he did
not consummate their marriage
until she gave birth to a son. And
he gave him the name Jesus.
Footnotes:
a. Matthew 1:1 Or is an account
of the origin
b. Matthew 1:1 Or Jesus Christ.
Messiah (Hebrew) and Christ
(Greek) both mean Anointed
One; also in verse 18.
c. Matthew 1:11 That is,
Jehoiachin; also in verse 12
d. Matthew 1:18 Or The origin
of Jesus the Messiah was like
this
e. Matthew 1:19 Or was a
righteous man and
f. Matthew 1:21 Jesus is the
Greek form of Joshua, which
means the LORD saves.
g. Matthew 1:23 Isaiah 7:14

2 Abraham was the father of
Isaac,

Isaac the father of Jacob,

Jacob the father of Judah
and his brothers,

3 Judah the father of Perez
and Zerah, whose
mother was Tamar,

Perez the father of Hezron,
Hezron the father of Ram,

4 Ram the father of
Amminadab,
Amminadab the father of
Nahshon,
Nahshon the father of
Salmon,

5 Salmon the father of
Boaz, whose mother
was Rahab,
Boaz the father of Obed,
whose mother was
Ruth,
Obed the father of Jesse,

6 and Jesse the father of
King David.
David was the father of
Solomon, whose
mother had been
Uriah’s wife,

7 Solomon the father of
Rehoboam,
Rehoboam the father of
Abijah,
Abijah the father of Asa,

8 Asa the father of
Jehoshaphat,
Jehoshaphat the father of
Jehoram,
Jehoram the father of
Uzziah,

9 Uzziah the father of
Jotham,
Jotham the father of Ahaz,
Ahaz the father of
Hezekiah,

10 Hezekiah the father of
Manasseh,
Manasseh the father of
Amon,
Amon the father of Josiah,

11 and Josiah the father of
Jeconiah [ c ] and his
brothers at the time of
the exile to Babylon.

12 After the exile to Babylon:
Jeconiah was the father of
Shealtiel,
Shealtiel the father of
Zerubbabel,

13 Zerubbabel the father
of Abihud,
Abihud the father of
Eliakim,
Eliakim the father of Azor,

14 Azor the father of
Zadok,
Zadok the father of Akim,
Akim the father of Elihud,

15 Elihud the father of
Eleazar,
Eleazar the father of
Matthan,
Matthan the father of
Jacob,

Lets blame the Bible.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Crixie(m): 5:28am On Dec 06, 2013
byvan: Nothing special,a dead man doesn't know whether he is succeeded or not,Africans and their idiosyncrasies undecided.They certainly still complain when they ve no female children.
Never heard of any igbo man complaining because of lack of female children
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by tpia5: 5:43am On Dec 06, 2013
the op is clearly confused and probably unsure of his sexuality.

maybe an identity crisis of some kind.

both genders are special, however for someone to question his own gender, shows other issues are at work.

if his intention is to point out male gays are male, then he's going about that in a very weird manner.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Tallesty1(m): 6:22am On Dec 06, 2013
Nawa oooo... Which kain question be this nah, yhu dey look 4 wia to do arguement abi u wan tell us say u knw no how important male child is? Like seriously, both are important, my mom once told me how she cried and prayed for a female child after she had had 3 of us(Guys). Men struggle for male child the same way women pray for female child. It is only wrong when you put the blame on your woman. My aunt also prayed for a male child after giving birth to her first daughter. It has been so since the creation of the world and our generation cannot change it. Just imagine that family B. Seven noise makers no class prefect #lol. Common! Even if they were guys only the family would still do something to get female child. Both are very important in a family!
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by yomi007k(m): 6:22am On Dec 06, 2013
undecided Na Goathorse
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by dayokanu(m): 6:24am On Dec 06, 2013
"Axe" your daddy
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by tintingz(m): 6:33am On Dec 06, 2013
Both male and female are special.

But...some women/wives(especially) in Africa wants a male child by all means. undecided

Many are cool with male child, I once asked one of my aunty who's very educated and has two boys, aren't you gonna have a female child...? She said a female child? No, my two boys are ok for me...

I don't understand some women sef undecided
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 06, 2013
His blokos and balls..
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Chiyung(f): 6:49am On Dec 06, 2013
Am bittered by the way african culture has degraded women and make them look like slaves.
As a girl child ur parents will always remind u dat ur a girl and dat one day,u will b married off, n give ur younger brother the right to insult u cus ur a "girl".
You keep praying that one day u will meet mr right,dat will take u out n treat u right,one day it happened and wen u went there,u were treated like a poo too,u cant attend family meetings cus ur just a "woman",instead u stay in the kitchen n b cooking for them,b his sex slave,only wen he demands and not wen u do.
Facts you dont understand: we bleed for almost one week in a month. We get pregnant n carry it for 9months n during child birth u choose between life n death cus d pains is unbearable except by GODs grace. While the male cheat on you and during dat period without pity,they say its a mans world
U still have to go back to work,to help the family,bcus no man wants to marry a lazy woman or a liability. He has the right to chase other women wen u cant give him a boy or statisfy him sexualy while u dont ,u endure it bcus ur a "woman". His is just to go to work,while urs doesnt end there: u cook so he can come bake n eat,do the laundry,breastfeed the baby n etc. You cant bring in a maid for fear of lossing him to her,u decide to take the pain but it doesnt stop him from going out.
Soon bcus of new life u keep bringing out n the monthly passage of blood n stress u wear out quikely n the protruding stomach dat has refuse to go in n the torn vigi,he says ur no longer attractive n refuse to bed with u. U cry day n night,now u cant go back to ur fathers house bcus its a tabbo it was for better for worse u just keep enduring him. You die quickly if he is the kind dat beats...etc
Now i was suprised wen they told me dat Joke sylvia is married to day nollywood actor,i was suprised cus she still bears her fathers name n nt the mans name. How many of our men can do dat today? Why discreminate a girl child? Seeing dat in life they give the most holding back nothing still they have nothing more to give.
Gender discrimiation starts from the family,why wud fathers buy condom for their sons n imprison their daughter not to so? The same way u treat ur boys do so too to the girls. If u giv preferencial treatment to them today,then tomaro wen they are well to do u xpet them to share the family borden with the male child u prefered to them? They will only have pity towards their mothers cus they understand their pain. I rest my case ave said too.much sad

19 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by ichidodo: 7:00am On Dec 06, 2013
Nothing Special, only the fact that they help to strenghthen and secure the bloodline.Females can't do that and that's for sure
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by quivah(f): 7:09am On Dec 06, 2013
Elxandre: Not trying to sound sexist, but the fact remains.
Let me explain the african way cheesy using this scenario.

A millionaire man has a daughter, but unfortunately, he had an heart attack at 60. A playboy takes advantage of the situation, getting himself married to lady.

The lady starts to bear the husband's name while dropping the late Dad's name. As the official head of the family, he becomes the company boss, and probably even relegates the wife to a backstage role.

The Late Man's dynasty ends, his sweat has left his lineage, Even his name is gone.

This is a fact. Though its not in our hands to decide what sex pops out of a sexual union.
This is soooo dumb!
Haven't you seen where this scenarios happen to the guys..
Guy inherit his father's property... fell for a beautiful girl..
Girl use fetish means to pin the dude down and take his properties..
Or guy love girl so much,open a joint account with girl. The rest is history .
Or girl is a player who has got one dude behind door ..always requesting for money from husby.
And after a while,the behind door dude was arranged to gun him down..

What about some circumstances where the dude lose everything diabolically? Or via fraud? OR was robbed? Hasn't his father lost his sweat -gained riches..?

Besides,which girl gives her father's properties to her husband? Lotta lessons had been learnt please!
She no get children ? Or she can't work in the companies herself?

How I go give my papa property to my husby,Na because of him my papa work?
I believe he should have his own work.. make him too work to be like my dad or better!
And pass his riches to his children.

Girls don wise up(at least those that ain't stupidly in love) *spits*

So your analogy up there goes both ways! Pttfff
And do you also mean inheritance is the only importance of male children?

And seriously,do you mean a female's children ain't her father's lineage? Chai! We don suffer!
Same blood dude! .. only the surname differs which people change these days .does that mean,once the surname got changed such child has stop being a part of that family?

2 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by 50calibre(m): 7:13am On Dec 06, 2013
Lanjonath:

Those who understand. .understands..in all the property left for u, ts a shame u couldn't inherit quality education. ..no need for the "s" at the end of understands
Night..enjoy ur inheritance

Shut up! Product of a dilapidated educational system. The "S" behind the Understand is correct, understand & understands are basically the same, American English seems to favour one & British English the other.

Besides in this context, I used "Those" which is in the third person, so understands is a more appropriate verb.

Sewer rat! I certainly had a better education than you, I hope you have the decency to bequeath something tangible to your kids, not this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Youngpo413: 7:14am On Dec 06, 2013
jeffizy: 3rd Degree time?
tongue

On the topic... Quest for a male child has brought more divorce in Nigeria than one can imagine.
Being a male child does not guarantee the continuation of your lineage. Especially with the influx of GAY guyz
around now. tongue

INFLUX for where?
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by bandely(m): 7:17am On Dec 06, 2013
Crixie: Never heard of any igbo man complaining because of lack of female children

Well, I know of one and he is my neighbour. He has six boys, fortunately just this sunday the wife gave birth to a girl. The man was so excited that he bought his wife a Lexus RX300.

2 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by coolchimex: 7:18am On Dec 06, 2013
My Brother, it's a mind thing abeg. Think positively and raise your girls well, you won't regret it.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by akinladejo: 7:26am On Dec 06, 2013
jeffizy: @Expatriate..I would rather think about my quality of life while alive than my lineage after I'm long gone.

My guy I concur.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by fasho01(m): 7:28am On Dec 06, 2013
obadiah777: he continues your lineage. the human is the sperm cell. the womb is just the incubator. not saying that is special but thats what men who vividly search for male children are after. continuation

Oga, please you are mistaken & emphatically wrong.

The sperm is not human neither is the ovum human as neither of them can form a human being alone.

It is only when the centre(nucleus) of the sperm joins with centre(nucleus) of the female egg that a new being exists.

It is when the two cells become one cell then we have a new human being

2 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by unmask: 7:28am On Dec 06, 2013
This requires a quote from animal farm...."all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others"....you can always replace animals with children....see if it fits

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Oludrex(m): 7:30am On Dec 06, 2013
tpia@:
Well, you say you're male, tell us what's special about you.

ve got something all female want .... D I C K
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by tosrich(m): 7:31am On Dec 06, 2013
The importance of a male child was Socially constructed to ensure male dominance.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by anukulapo: 7:37am On Dec 06, 2013
jeffizy: @Expatriate..I would rather think about my quality of life while alive than my lineage after I'm long gone.

That's being selfish. It is like saying "I'll finish the wealth I accumulated while I live than think of my lineage."
Your memory would not be a blessing.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by troy20(m): 7:40am On Dec 06, 2013
Chiyung: Am bittered by the way african culture has degraded women and make them look like slaves.
As a girl child ur parents will always remind u dat ur a girl and dat one day,u will b married off, n give ur younger brother the right to insult u cus ur a "girl".
You keep praying that one day u will meet mr right,dat will take u out n treat u right,one day it happened and wen u went there,u were treated like a poo too,u cant attend family meetings cus ur just a "woman",instead u stay in the kitchen n b cooking for them,b his sex slave,only wen he demands and not wen u do.
Facts you dont understand: we bleed for almost one week in a month. We get pregnant n carry it for 9months n during child birth u choose between life n death cus d pains is unbearable except by GODs grace. While the male cheat on you and during dat period without pity,they say its a mans world
U still have to go back to work,to help the family,bcus no man wants to marry a lazy woman or a liability. He has the right to chase other women wen u cant give him a boy or statisfy him sexualy while u dont ,u endure it bcus ur a "woman". His is just to go to work,while urs doesnt end there: u cook so he can come bake n eat,do the laundry,breastfeed the baby n etc. You cant bring in a maid for fear of lossing him to her,u decide to take the pain but it doesnt stop him from going out.
Soon bcus of new life u keep bringing out n the monthly passage of blood n stress u wear out quikely n the protruding stomach dat has refuse to go in n the torn vigi,he says ur no longer attractive n refuse to bed with u. U cry day n night,now u cant go back to ur fathers house bcus its a tabbo it was for better for worse u just keep enduring him. You die quickly if he is the kind dat beats...etc
Now i was suprised wen they told me dat Joke sylvia is married to day nollywood actor,i was suprised cus she still bears her fathers name n nt the mans name. How many of our men can do dat today? Why discreminate a girl child? Seeing dat in life they give the most holding back nothing still they have nothing more to give.
Gender discrimiation starts from the family,why wud fathers buy condom for their sons n imprison their daughter not to so? The same way u treat ur boys do so too to the girls. If u giv preferencial treatment to them today,then tomaro wen they are well to do u xpet them to share the family borden with the male child u prefered to them? They will only have pity towards their mothers cus they understand their pain. I rest my case ave said too.much sad
you think its easier being a man because you suffer some sorta gender stereotype? making bleeping much about your damn mp's and carrying a child for nine months but i believe you hold your own kind of stereotype about somthing too.you ever cared why men die quick? You are lucky to be a woman cause much is not expected from you. men give there lives for their families and the society thats why they must be more important .
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 06, 2013
Chiyung: Am bittered by the way african culture has degraded women and make them look like slaves.

When I think of these things I ask myself if there is actually anything women gain from being married.

All I can see is loss of independence and life where you are expected to live in subservience. No gain at all, even the children that people marry each other to get can be gotten without marriage so why go into it? Why do women take it so serious and police other women into taking it serious?

3 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by troy20(m): 7:50am On Dec 06, 2013
fellis:

When I think of these things I ask myself if there is actually anything women gain from being married.

All I can see is loss of independence and life where you are expected to live in subservience. No gain at all, even the children that people marry each other to get can be gotten without marriage so why go into it? Why do women take it so serious and police other women into taking it serious?
me too marriage is overrated.i will be delighted if it can be scraped somehow.everybody fvcks and live free.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by josite: 7:55am On Dec 06, 2013
no man like the idea that with his wife and all his kids being female, another man (who might even be his worst enemy )will take over his properties especially his bed after his exit in the name of love as the female heart is a heart that is specially designed for inordinate affection/falling in love .That thought though pedestrian is unthinkable to a man and really that is what happens when you have all female squad. Men will come in to your house every now and then as they will to Bleep your daughters and your wife after your death if you don't have a SON .In most cases the Man does not even have to die,just him being really sick or travelled abroad for a longtime and this s sad episode will play out.The presence of a SON in the house alone prevents such an event. THIS IS THE HONEST TRUTH at least from the point of an ijebu Yoruba man.HAVING A MALE CHILD IS WORTH THE WHILE IF YOU CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR LABOUR AND TO YOUR NAME AFTER YOUR DEATH.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by allandutch: 7:57am On Dec 06, 2013
Space booked
I'll comment when michael jackson finish his O2 arena concert

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 06, 2013
troy20:
me too marriage is overrated.i will be delighted if it can be scraped somehow.everybody fvcks and live free.

Na you sabi o, me I don't care whether people fvck and go free or fvck and go to prison. I am only interested in women living their lives how they please without having to 'submit' to another person for all eternity or put up with his cheating under the excuse that men are naturally polygamous.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Gaz80: 8:01am On Dec 06, 2013
i'm in.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 06, 2013
fellis:

YOU WANNA KNOW WHY MARRIAGE IS A MUST FOR LADIES? THE KIND OF FRUSTRATION MY AUNT SUFFERED FROM HER BROTHERS WIFE IS TERRIBLE, THERE IS A STAGE IN LIFE YOU NEED CARE AND LOVE THIS KIND OF LOVE CAN ONLY BE PROVIDED BY YOUR HUSBAND AND MARRIAGE GIVES YOU GENERAL ACCEPTANCE BY THE PUBLIC, IF YOU MARRY A CARING MAN YOU WILL NOT EXPERIENCE MUCH PROBLEM ,INSTEAD OF WOMEN TO MARRY POOR YOUNG,EDUCATED,HARDWORKING AND CARING MAN THEY CHOSE RICH,OLD,UNEDUCATED AND UNROMANTIC ROGUES.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by tintingz(m): 8:06am On Dec 06, 2013
troy20:
SMH... undecided

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by shadydeals: 8:11am On Dec 06, 2013
expatriate: if u don't have a male hmmmm
ur generation Don deh 'hibernate'
u mean die?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Takes Used Condoms To Court As Prove Of Sister Inlaw’s Infidelity / He Sells His Wife's Chin-chin In The Office / Parents Take Son To Court To Force Him To Get A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.