Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

And What's So Special About The Male Child? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / And What's So Special About The Male Child? (18322 Views)

Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents / What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by troy20(m): 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
jay bee: A very ridiculous pursuit IMO. Saw first hand today how some men can be so cruel
I saw two Nigerian couple arguing on my way back from the hospital few hours ago. The husband was literally shouting at the wife and of course she was sobbing and all. I initially thought they were arguing because the wife was pregnant or something along that line.

I got into my car, drove out of the car park only to find myself right behind the couple's car. The husband suddenly stopped his car and chased the wife out of the car. I immediately stopped as i was right behind them and knew something terrible is happening between the two.
I asked where she was going and offered to drop her. She entered my car with tears running down her eyes so i asked what the problem was.

I couldn't believe it when she told me the man is upset because the scan they just did revealed they are expecting a baby girl. Apparently this is her 3rd pregnancy and she already has two daughters. I was gobsmacked, angry that a so called husband can drop his pregnant wife in the cold all because she is having a baby girl.

I'm actually still very upset because i can't believe how some people can complain about the sex of a child when tons are still praying to just have one. Grrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh

you are not a good liar
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by jaybee3(m): 7:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
troy20:
you are not a good liar
What exactly have i lied about?
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by thegeorgy(f): 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
how many of know the names of ur great great grand fathers?if male children keep family names bla bla bla...e.g I bear my great grand dad name and don't even know the names of those under apart from my papa name.so what are u guys talking about,in terms of keeping the family name?overtime,names are forgotten jare.so every child is special.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by NAJALYN: 7:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
To carry on the man's name at the expense of the woman's life. Some men have sent their wife packing because they have all female children. But if a woman has all male children, no female, the man is happy. Selfish dont you think?
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Arosa(m): 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
PocketEconomist: My people sha. anyway to each his own. the most painful part is that it is the man who determines the sex. a case of wrong accusation on the woman. cry angry angry

Abi o, women don't have Y chromosome they only have XX. undecided
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Crixina(f): 7:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
jay bee: A very ridiculous pursuit IMO. Saw first hand today how some men can be so cruel
I saw two Nigerian couple arguing on my way back from the hospital few hours ago. The husband was literally shouting at the wife and of course she was sobbing and all. I initially thought they were arguing because the wife was pregnant or something along that line.

I got into my car, drove out of the car park only to find myself right behind the couple's car. The husband suddenly stopped his car and chased the wife out of the car. I immediately stopped as i was right behind them and knew something terrible is happening between the two.
I asked where she was going and offered to drop her. She entered my car with tears running down her eyes so i asked what the problem was.

I couldn't believe it when she told me the man is upset because the scan they just did revealed they are expecting a baby girl. Apparently this is her 3rd pregnancy and she already has two daughters. I was gobsmacked, angry that a so called husband can drop his pregnant wife in the cold all because she is having a baby girl.

I'm actually still very upset because i can't believe how some people can complain about the sex of a child when tons are still praying to just have one. Grrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh

you see exactly what am worried abt.human beings are just too cruel.

Battering a woman physically and emotionally over something they both have no control over.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by adorable29(f): 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
Db boy: What's all this abt this feminist always clamming to be men since the inception of this world I know for sure that world wars were fought and led by men, I know if gahndi, Mandela, ojukwu, awolowo, hitler, Jesus, Mohamed and so many were all women they would Hv not been this impactful 98 percent of the world creation were all men's innovation. They world is a special place because of men a world without men is useless female kids on marriage becomes another man property whether u like it or not but male kids stay put this was very clear to me when I lost my dad and at that point I threw out all those western ideology I must get my self male kids it is obiligatory and has to be fulfilled most men if not all alway Hv that sense of obligation where as to the woman once she is married her sense of obligation shift from her birth family to her married family. That's my 2 cent

Have you for once tried to think that a lot of women were not acheivers back in the days due to the patriarchal system of leadership in all aspects of life and the women had a glass ceiling above which they were not expected to climb. Have you considered the fact that in recent times, most of this glass ceiling are being shattered and women can now be found in the military and are now becoming world leaders?

Do you know there is now liberation for women (against discrimination, bondage and slavery of the woman) gradually taking place all over the world! My dear its about PERSONAL acheivement and not wether you are male or female. This is the 21st century! Wake up man! I know of a man who said he wished he had more female children. He has just one female child and she is the only one who gives him PEACE OF MIND! His male children are his worst nightmare. He has done his best for his sons but there love for quick money won't let them appreciate and he even fears they ♏αy kill him one of this days! True story.

Read somewhere, a son is a son till he finds a wife! A daughter is a daughter till the end of life!

How many times do you hear of daughters who kill their fathers. As for me, I really don't care if I have all males or all females. Some wish they could just have one child and are spending millions to have one! Why should you discriminate? Can you create a human being?

Anyway, its all a thing of the mind!

4 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by adorable29(f): 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
thegeorgy: how many of know the names of ur great great grand fathers?if male children keep family names bla bla bla...e.g I bear my great grand dad name and don't even know the names of those under apart from my papa name.so what are u guys talking about,in terms of keeping the family name?overtime,names are forgotten jare.so every child is special.

Women now keep their father's name as their middle names! People wey get better names like Obama, and Clinton no dey bothered even though they only have females yet, thier names can never be forgotten. Oprah Winfrey's name ♏αy propably be remembered more than my fathers name.

Really, things are changing. Its absolutely good and fine if you have male kids but if you don't, train up your gals and they will definately make you proud!

3 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by blakky97(m): 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
byvan: Nothing special,a dead man doesn't know whether he is succeeded or not,Africans and their idiosyncrasies undecided.They certainly still complain when they ve no female children.

You talk about Africans as if you know so much about non Africans. Please go to google and type the key sentence. Preference for male children among Americans and tell me what you see.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by anukulapo: 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
Arosa:

Abi o, women don't have Y chromosome they only have XX. undecided

I agree with you. This is what education (scientific enlightenment) can help solve BUT unfortunately, the OP's topic is not who determines a child's gender but the "speciality" of the male gender so...
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by anukulapo: 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
phanthomz:

Im not a feminist, bt i simply beleive in myself. As much as im a submissive wife, i rub minds wit my hubby ova any decision we make as a family and he loves me d way i am. Cant imagine being a woman who doesnt av a say.

And yes women are actually stronget than men. 1. We are homozygous xx in genotype. Dat makes us stronget dan an heterozygous xy male. Maybe u dnt knw but over 80% of still born and miscarried babies are males. Why? Dy aint so genetically resilient.
2. As a man, can u bleed for 5 days, av cramps for 3 days, carry a baby in ur womb for 9 months ( its like putting ur 15 inches laptop strapped to ur tummy everyday both nite, day, in d shower, bus, toilet and everywhr for 9months) and still cook, clean, make love (with d strapped laptop), go to work, and care for a partner who jst goes to work and comes home to rest without aving to bother about house work. Can u do dat for ?
3. Can u smile, and do laundary, cook, care for and make luv to a partner who is cheating on u? Are u even emotionally strong?
4. Can u hit a man who is ur size? U only hit women because most times u are larger than dem and dy av even been defeated mentally b4 d abuse starts.
5. Why do u think women live longer dan men? because even thru d wear and tear of caring for others, they are more resilient and therefore live longer.
I could go on and on. Bt in d end, i thank God im a woman. A strong one for dat matter. Wouldnt pray to be anything else.

Register a new NL handle and read your post. You'll know exactly what you sound like. You're judging yourself by your intention not weighting your action (reaction).

I have your kind of person as a friend and really (such ability of aggression) is the little effect of the Y chromosome(being born of a man) (undeniably).

To help you with the list you made about the "strength" of female, most of them are peculiar to your gender and you were given the strength to bear them by nature and not that you acquired the strength by yourselves else some women won't face so much during childbirth to the extent of death (MENstruation,childbearing pains and related matters) and some others the effect of the punishment given to the woman (Eve) for taking the place of (authority and decision making) before Adam therefore the female was rightly subjected to the male (and so shall it be till the end of time)
"You will suffer terribly when you give birth yet You will still desire your husband and he will rule over you" -- Gen 3:16

What womankind should learn to do is to cope with this sentence and the path they have (sufficient for men are the punishment issued by God which a woman CAN'T understand nor can they bear. Just as women think men don't and can't understand what they go through nor can men bear their numerous burden as evident in your post which has being passed down by feminist from generation to generation).

I'll advice you look within and objectively to the roles of each gender. They are either equal or one is subject to the other.

BRB
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by TheSoothSayer(m): 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Sincerely, me I don't know why this male ish is always overrated. I'm the only guy in my family; I receive no special treatment. Na me dey do hard work pass sef.
Please Nigerians, if you give birth to any girls, love them with all your heart. There's nothing so special in a name, it's just a surname.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by pickabeau1: 10:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Superb post...

We should not say the female is useless to make the male feel better or vice versa..

All childrem are important and are gifts from God

However I want children of both sexes

Area-Fada:

Not necessarily true dear.

If a boy doesn't come, it's not the woman's fault. But to say that a male is not important in the family is to demonstrate an astounding disconnect with our African culture in favour of Western culture that promises a lot but delivers little.

Here the European country in live in, over 55% of my work colleagues have divorced at least once already. Some are going through their third divorce and they're not even 50 yet.

So it's not exactly the romance/matrimonial el dorado that our African women believe the lax Western culture offers.

If it happens that a boy is not forthcoming, you would do well to lovingly explore how your man is taking it.

I have several male relatives, some have 3, 4 or 6 daughters, no sons. They are all quite happy.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by blaqoracle: 2:19am On Dec 07, 2013
jeffizy: Family A . After five girls, the last being age 15, the parents decided to try 'once more' for a male child.
Luckily,they got a boy. But the sisters complained of embarrassment from their parents.

Family B
They had 7 children, all girls. The hubby is looking outside for the missing male child from his scrotum! From another woman of course.

Family C
Wife's family advised her to protect herself diabolically to prevent her man from seeking a new wife after she gave birth to their third girl.

N.B
Above are real life occurrences.
What is so special about the male child?
one drop of semen contain more than 15 million spermatozoan.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by shizzle11(m): 6:05am On Dec 07, 2013
Crixina: you see exactly what am worried abt. human beings are just too cruel.

Battering a woman physically and emotionally over something they both have no control over.

the bolded also includes women

anyways some men are just so unreasonable when it comes to issues like this... its a pity
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by shizzle11(m): 6:10am On Dec 07, 2013
Crixina: you see exactly what am worried abt.human beings are just too cruel.

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by gandkiss: 6:37am On Dec 07, 2013
EVERYTHING.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by dasparrow: 7:16am On Dec 07, 2013
fellis:

When I think of these things I ask myself if there is actually anything women gain from being married.

All I can see is loss of independence and life where you are expected to live in subservience. No gain at all, even the children that people marry each other to get can be gotten without marriage so why go into it? Why do women take it so serious and police other women into taking it serious?

Is that not what I keep saying on Nairaland? Marriage does not benefit the woman. Its not like the man is going to remain faithful to the woman in the long run anyway. At some point, he will cheat. Our neighbor who has 3 wives and several mistresses on the side said that the reason he cheats on his wives is because the vargina of his wives are no longer tight once they give birth to children so he has to find women who have not birthed children and have tight varginas outside. Children could be gotten biologically without being married.

Women who force other women into marriage do so because they are miserable and misery loves company. Since they know they cannot leave the prison called marriage, they try to force others into it. Don't fall for their scheme. At the end of the day, I have seen single women who live better lives than their married counterparts. They have their children, their careers or successful businesses, no in-laws to stress them out and they can share their properties to both their male and female children as they see fit. So, what more does a woman need? And as an unmarried woman, the woman does not need to worry about becoming a widow and having to shave the head or drink the bath water of the deceased husband or keep wearing black clothes until God knows when or face the stigma associated with being a widow. You know that men in developing countries here in Africa and especially Nigeria don't live long. So what's the point?

5 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 07, 2013
What is this silly talk of men cheating as if women are saints. You need to see what some married women do in Unilag and other places i know. Cheating is as a result of lack of self controk and discipline, be it from the man or woman. I dare say that an overwhelming percentage of men don't cheat on their wives, they have discipline. The whole solution to this trash is to love your wife/husband fufill your roles, see yourselves as team mates and not rivals and women, striving for equality in marriage is a waste of time. It never ends well. If you have a man who loves you, doesn't abuse you, respects you and is always there tn protect you and you feel secure in his arms, what do you need equality for? The bible commands husbands to love their wives as their own body, respect them and listen to their advice. Remember Abraham and Sarah? As for the male child issue, i think it's because the male child is born to protect the society, carry out responsibilities and the rest. As for women saying they don't need men in their lives, are you telling me that if a loving and responsible man comes, you will chase him away? Back to the male child issue, it is also to protect the female siblings. Will you go beatimg up a girl when you know that she has a big strong brother? My younger ones felt safe becausx i was there. The more male children and men in the society, the safer it is. If raiders attack your village, who will come out to fight? That's their role. And as for the woman that said women are stronger than men in every thing, i don't think so. Men and women have their strengths and weaknesses in different areas. But that does not mean male child is a do or die affair that you should chase your wives away. That's my take. Like if you agree with me.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by dinachi(m): 8:49am On Dec 07, 2013
Both male child and female child are important for different reasons. I prefer to have a boy and a girl as both brings different things to the table.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by chynazom(f): 9:24am On Dec 07, 2013
Both genders are special.....

But the way some men attach so much importance to having a male child can be quite disturbing,like its a do or die affair!! Some ignorant ones even go ahead to fight their wives for not having male children. And to think their reason is just for the family name to continue, and i wonder how he can monitor the 'continuation' from the grave when he's gone.

Na wa...

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
dasparrow:

Is that not what I keep saying on Nairaland? Marriage does not benefit the woman. Its not like the man is going to remain faithful to the woman in the long run anyway. At some point, he will cheat. Our neighbor who has 3 wives and several mistresses on the side said that the reason he cheats on his wives is because the vargina of his wives are no longer tight once they give birth to children so he has to find women who have not birthed children and have tight varginas outside. Children could be gotten biologically without being married.

Women who force other women into marriage do so because they are miserable and misery loves company. Since they know they cannot leave the prison called marriage, they try to force others into it. Don't fall for their scheme. At the end of the day, I have seen single women who live better lives than their married counterparts. They have their children, their careers or successful businesses, no in-laws to stress them out and they can share their properties to both their male and female children as they see fit. So, what more does a woman need? And as an unmarried woman, the woman does not need to worry about becoming a widow and having to shave the head or drink the bath water of the deceased husband or keep wearing black clothes until God knows when or face the stigma associated with being a widow. You know that men in developing countries here in Africa and especially Nigeria don't live long. So what's the point?

Wow.....I love you for this smiley
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
dinachi: Both male child and female child are important for different reasons. I prefer to have a boy and a girl as both brings different things to the table.

@bold, I agree. Both male and female children are special. How important or special a child is should be determined by many factors such and not just the ge nital parts of the child.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by troy20(m): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
fellis:

@bold, I agree. Both male and female children are special. How important or special a child is should be determined by many factors such and not just the ge nital parts of the child.
male children are more important to the world everybody in the world knows it.just that alot dont want to admit it.we are not descrediting the female sex contribution.but every man born to a family, to a society, to a nation makes it stronger.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
troy20:
male children are more important to the world everybody in the world knows it.just that alot dont want to admit it.we are not descrediting the female sex contribution.but every man born to a family, to a society, to a nation makes it stronger.

Look, if you have daughters in future tell them they are not as important as males ok? Then see how much they love you afterwards.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by troy20(m): 9:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
fellis:

Look, if you have daughters in future tell them they are not as important as males ok? Then see how much they love you afterwards.
i'll throw them to the lions as soon as they take their first breath.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2013
troy20:
i'll throw them to the lions as soon as they take their first breath.

Lol
You barbaric caveman.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by troy20(m): 10:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
fellis:

Lol
You barbaric caveman.
if you lived 10 centuries ago you wouldnt be saying this.you dare question God's order of things?
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 07, 2013
troy20:
if you lived 10 centuries ago you wouldnt be saying this.you dare question God's order of things?

God's order of things is throwing females to the lions?
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 08, 2013
Teespice: To the igbos a male child is a very big deal. They feel that it is the boy who carries on with the family lineage once the father is no more. Women are more relegated to the background because they are seen as another man's property who would end up bearing another man's name.

Even when women give birth to baby girls, they would often be harassed with names such as a blunt blade that cannot cut common vegetable or a mother hen that cannot lay eggs.

Quite pathetic.
y'know, I always took you for a yoruba girl. How disappointing. sad
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by troy20(m): 7:41am On Dec 08, 2013
fellis:

God's order of things is throwing females to the lions?
what? you think God is some kind of democrat that believe in free and civil rights of humanity.like he gives a fvck about equality? Read up your bible and the events.you are lucky to be living in this generation.if it where then women have no right to speak unless spoken to.you would probably be a gift to me by your father for helping him harvest his crops.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 08, 2013
troy20:
what? you think God is some kind of democrat that believe in free and civil rights of humanity.like he gives a fvck about equality? Read up your bible and the events.you are lucky to be living in this generation.if it where then women have no right to speak unless spoken to.you would probably be a gift to me by your father for helping him harvest his crops.

So you're not even religious? Thank god I didn't take your mumu posts serious.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Love Or Submission...which Should Come First In Marriage? / He Sells His Wife's Chin-chin In The Office / Parents Take Son To Court To Force Him To Get A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.