Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,025 members, 7,810,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

And What's So Special About The Male Child? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / And What's So Special About The Male Child? (18319 Views)

Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents / What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Ryda(m): 8:12am On Dec 06, 2013
D female child is gonna get married nd bear d husbands name...buh d male child? "Olorioko" d male child always fire down
E.g 2face go out and multiply d world nd now i think he is doing it already. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Adolak(m): 8:13am On Dec 06, 2013
The male has 'Y chromosome' while the female does not. Period!!!. End of discussion
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by chumakk: 8:17am On Dec 06, 2013
Nothing but be ready to be getting that awkward look from your relatives and friends smiley
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by troy20(m): 8:18am On Dec 06, 2013
fellis:

Na you sabi o, me I don't care whether people fvck and go free or fvck and go to prison. I am only interested in women living their lives how they please without having to 'submit' to another person for all eternity or put up with his cheating under the excuse that men are naturally polygamous.
you see what i did there? You implicity said in your first comment there was know reason for women to get married cause they gain nothing and it intefers with their so called independence i agreed with you as i feel men gain the least even.now you twisted it with an entirely different senario.to me i feel marriage is the biggest problem. i think you feminists should start fighting that now.without marriage you get your life the way you want it dont you think? Bunch of confused WOMEN.

2 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Chiyung(f): 8:21am On Dec 06, 2013
troy20:
you think its easier being a man because you suffer some sota gender stereotype? making bleeping much about your damn mp's and carrying a child for nine months but i believe you hold your own kind of stereotype about somthing too.you ever cared why men die quick? You are lucky to be a woman cause much is not expected from you. men give there lives for their families and the society thats why they must be more important .
How many men die quickly compared to women during child birth,depression etc mr man women are more stressed d than men ,which of the professional jobs in nigeria will you not c a woman? We work as hard as the men too,so why wud we b treated less? And pls can u state the reason why men die quickly? And from wat? Cus from my own observation they live longer.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 06, 2013
presher: YOU WANNA KNOW WHY MARRIAGE IS A MUST FOR LADIES? THE KIND OF FRUSTRATION MY AUNT SUFFERED FROM HER BROTHERS WIFE IS TERRIBLE, THERE IS A STAGE IN LIFE YOU NEED CARE AND LOVE THIS KIND OF LOVE CAN ONLY BE PROVIDED BY YOUR HUSBAND AND MARRIAGE GIVES YOU GENERAL ACCEPTANCE BY THE PUBLIC, IF YOU MARRY A CARING MAN YOU WILL EXPERIENCE MUCH PROBLEM ,INSTEAD OF WOMEN TO MARRY POOR YOUNG,EDUCATED,HARDWORKING AND CARING MAN THEY CHOSE RICH,OLD,UNEDUCATED AND UNROMANTIC ROGUES.

@bold, what?!?!!

Abeg calm down o! Let my post not give you heart attack biko.
First of all, I am not saying men are not important in women's lives, they are important kwanu? What I am talking about is marriage.

I don't want to go deep into this matter, just believe anything you like.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by VirginFinder: 8:25am On Dec 06, 2013
@OP

Read your Bible often and you'll know why males are special.

Why were all the disciples and apostles of Jesus male?

Why are all modern day missionaries male?

Why are 95% of Presidents male?

Why are 95% of billionaires male? Most of the few female ones inherited their wealth.

Why will FG have to organize a special YouWIN program for females only? Is it not because they couldn't compete with their male counterparts in the general competition?

Etc Etc

The female is a HELPER!

chikena!!

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 06, 2013
troy20:
you see what i did there? You implicity said in your first comment there was know reason for women to get married cause they gain nothing and it intefers with their so called independence i agreed with you as i feel men gain the least even.now you twisted it with an entirely different senario.to me i feel marriage is the biggest problem. i think you feminists should start fighting that now.without marriage you get your life the way you want it dont you think? Bunch of confused WOMEN.

I didn't twist anything. Go back and read my post again if you didn't understand it.
Secondly, what is bringing feminism into this matter and when did you see me saying that I am feminist?
Please believe anything you like I am not in the mood for argument.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by pembisco(m): 8:27am On Dec 06, 2013
Hm, if obama ws lyk sm africans he wuld hv married 997 wives jst 4 a male child

3 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by psky: 8:28am On Dec 06, 2013
obadiah777: he continues your lineage. the human is the sperm cell. the womb is just the incubator. not saying that is special but thats what men who vividly search for male children are after. continuation

The most ignorant comment yet, this is how people thought hundreds of years ago, now now. undecided

Two cells are involved in producing a child, the female egg and the male sperm.

The male child only continues your lineage in some cultures, just as females do in others.

But biologically, where it really matters, both male and female children are involved in this.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by onegig(m): 8:30am On Dec 06, 2013
Another point of view. If you are muslim , you shouldn't be concerned about who your heir is.

The heirs mentioned
in the Qur'an are the mother,
father, husband, wife,
daughter, uterine brother, full
sister, uterine sister, and
consanguine sister. Courtesy-wiki

I guess this is more than enough to continue the lineage for those concerned about their future after death.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 06, 2013
fellis:

@bold, what?!?!!

Abeg calm down o! Let my post not give you heart attack biko.
First of all, I am not saying men are not important in women's lives, they are important kwanu? What I am talking about is marriage.

I don't want to go deep into this matter, just believe anything you like.
TYPO ERROR PLS DNT GET MARRIED IF DATS WAT U LIKE
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by troy20(m): 8:40am On Dec 06, 2013
Chiyung:
How many men die quickly compared to women during child birth,depression etc mr man women are more stressed d than men ,which of the professional jobs in nigeria will you not c a woman? We work as hard as the men too,so why wud we b treated less? And pls can u state the reason why men die quickly? And from wat? Cus from my own observation they live longer.
you die from child birth here because of our poor medical system thats all.but dont you get your maternal leave? And men are not giving such consideration or you dont think they should be around their newly born kids too? the society may be gender stereotypical but it is very leanient on women.women have taking over the jobs.a woman is sure to be taking in a job than a man this days without much effort.women swing in there hips to own worlds men fight 10 times as much to get. men fight wars.you know how many soldiers lost their lives protecting you from boko haram? Offcourse you dont care.married men die quicker than their wives evrybody knows that.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by sylve11: 8:42am On Dec 06, 2013
Efemena_xy: Even your average iron bender / roadside mechanic struggling to eck a living to feed his brood of 10+ kids in his face-me-I-face-you bedsit still wants a male heir to his throne of poverty.

lmao. u dis woman u don carry ur bad mouth reach here ni? grin cool
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 06, 2013
Chiyung: Am bittered by the way african culture has degraded women and make them look like slaves.
As a girl child ur parents will always remind u dat ur a girl and dat one day,u will b married off, n give ur younger brother the right to insult u cus ur a "girl".
You keep praying that one day u will meet mr right,dat will take u out n treat u right,one day it happened and wen u went there,u were treated like a poo too,u cant attend family meetings cus ur just a "woman",instead u stay in the kitchen n b cooking for them,b his sex slave,only wen he demands and not wen u do.
Facts you dont understand: we bleed for almost one week in a month. We get pregnant n carry it for 9months n during child birth u choose between life n death cus d pains is unbearable except by GODs grace. While the male cheat on you and during dat period without pity,they say its a mans world
U still have to go back to work,to help the family,bcus no man wants to marry a lazy woman or a liability. He has the right to chase other women wen u cant give him a boy or statisfy him sexualy while u dont ,u endure it bcus ur a "woman". His is just to go to work,while urs doesnt end there: u cook so he can come bake n eat,do the laundry,breastfeed the baby n etc. You cant bring in a maid for fear of lossing him to her,u decide to take the pain but it doesnt stop him from going out.
Soon bcus of new life u keep bringing out n the monthly passage of blood n stress u wear out quikely n the protruding stomach dat has refuse to go in n the torn vigi,he says ur no longer attractive n refuse to bed with u. U cry day n night,now u cant go back to ur fathers house bcus its a tabbo it was for better for worse u just keep enduring him. You die quickly if he is the kind dat beats...etc
Now i was suprised wen they told me dat Joke sylvia is married to day nollywood actor,i was suprised cus she still bears her fathers name n nt the mans name. How many of our men can do dat today? Why discreminate a girl child? Seeing dat in life they give the most holding back nothing still they have nothing more to give.
Gender discrimiation starts from the family,why wud fathers buy condom for their sons n imprison their daughter not to so? The same way u treat ur boys do so too to the girls. If u giv preferencial treatment to them today,then tomaro wen they are well to do u xpet them to share the family borden with the male child u prefered to them? They will only have pity towards their mothers cus they understand their pain. I rest my case ave said too.much sad
You wrote well. However, i have to correct you on a notion. It is NOT, I repeat, it is NOT African culture that support cheating. In the days of old, anyone caught committing this atrocious act is punished severely, be it man or woman. Who will you cheat with sef, when the girls value their virginity more than anything. It is men without self control who use African culture as excuse to cheat.

1 Like

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by OmniSparrow: 8:57am On Dec 06, 2013
We got the D.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by OmniSparrow: 9:01am On Dec 06, 2013
Efemena_xy: Even your average iron bender / roadside mechanic struggling to eck a living to feed his brood of 10+ kids in his face-me-I-face-you bedsit still wants a male heir to his throne of poverty.
Lwkmd
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by lakefist(m): 9:01am On Dec 06, 2013
SIMPLY ask God why ADAM WAS Created 1st and later EVE as helper..
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by 5megabyte: 9:04am On Dec 06, 2013
Nothing, nothing, nothing! Only local people still bother to think about a worthless issue like this

3 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by phanthomz: 9:05am On Dec 06, 2013
Male children are different frm female children. Dat doesnt make dem special. Infact, the females are actually stronger than males in all ways. Dy make thr home and takia of the men who are infact boys. I call dem boys because most men dont know wat it takes to make a home. Its never always about the money he doles out.

Infact, when such men grow old and av urethral stricture frm various infections dy got while sleeping around or av diabetes wc will impair their manliness, dy should not expect d same womsn dy nneglected at home to come and care for dem in the hosp. Their cash should do the caring.

Growing up, my parents never discriminated btw us male or female children. The females washed cars, changed tyres, cut grass, pushed cars and every oda thing. The male did dishes when it was his turn, did his laundary and we all rotated doing our parents laundary, we all cooked and all. We all had the same curfew time and mum woke us up at d same time for morning chores.

Today, we are all married and its working for us. I dnt wait for my hubby to change my tyre or check my car battery or fix bulbs. My bro cooks when his wife isnt home and basically, we are happy. Dad made us girls buy lands b4 marrying. And made us all av minimum of an msc.

I think it was probably because dy were educated sha. But dats how im going to bring up my kids cuz it sure worked for me. My dad always boosted our self confidence and i dnt see myself being lesser than any man.

5 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by duddexeng(m): 9:07am On Dec 06, 2013
African culture of course. Having no male child in the family is assume the family has perished.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 06, 2013
phanthomz: Male children are different frm female children. Dat doesnt make dem special. Infact, the females are actually stronger than males in all ways. Dy make thr home and takia of the men who are infact boys. I call dem boys because most men dont know wat it takes to make a home. Its never always about the money he doles out.

Infact, when such men grow old and av urethral stricture frm various infections dy got while sleeping around or av diabetes wc will impair their manliness, dy should not expect d same womsn dy nneglected at home to come and care for dem in the hosp. Their cash should do the caring.

Growing up, my parents never discriminated btw us male or female children. The females washed cars, changed tyres, cut grass, pushed cars and every oda thing. The male did dishes when it was his turn, did his laundary and we all rotated doing our parents laundary, we all cooked and all. We all had the same curfew time and mum woke us up at d same time for morning chores.

Today, we are all married and its working for us. I dnt wait for my hubby to change my tyre or check my car battery or fix bulbs. My bro cooks when his wife isnt home and basically, we are happy. Dad made us girls buy lands b4 marrying. And made us all av minimum of an msc.

I think it was probably because dy were educated sha. But dats how im going to bring up my kids cuz it sure worked for me. My dad always boosted our self confidence and i dnt see myself being lesser than any man.
Correct woman! Although you have to understand that the expectation from Male children far outstrips that of thd female in this society. For example, who is called for funeral when Papa dies? The sons. Who is put under pressure to build the family house? The man. The list is endless and this is especially true in the Igbo setting.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 06, 2013
phanthomz: Male children are different frm female children. Dat doesnt make dem special. Infact, the females are actually stronger than males in all ways. Dy make thr home and takia of the men who are infact boys. I call dem boys because most men dont know wat it takes to make a home. Its never always about the money he doles out.

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by adorable29(f): 9:21am On Dec 06, 2013
presher: YOU WANNA KNOW WHY MARRIAGE IS A MUST FOR LADIES? THE KIND OF FRUSTRATION MY AUNT SUFFERED FROM HER BROTHERS WIFE IS TERRIBLE, THERE IS A STAGE IN LIFE YOU NEED CARE AND LOVE THIS KIND OF LOVE CAN ONLY BE PROVIDED BY YOUR HUSBAND AND MARRIAGE GIVES YOU GENERAL ACCEPTANCE BY THE PUBLIC, IF YOU MARRY A CARING MAN YOU WILL NOT EXPERIENCE MUCH PROBLEM ,INSTEAD OF WOMEN TO MARRY POOR YOUNG,EDUCATED,HARDWORKING AND CARING MAN THEY CHOSE RICH,OLD,UNEDUCATED AND UNROMANTIC ROGUES.

Sorry to ask sir, does your quote imply that Poor men treat their wives well and rich men don't ? Just asking based on your logic.... Cos I see this same line on nairaland all the time.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 06, 2013
adorable29:

Sorry to ask sir, does your quote imply that Poor men treat their wives well and rich men don't ? Just asking based on your logic.... Cos I see this same line on nairaland all the time.
NOT ALWAYS TRUE,I BELIEVE THAT FOR A WOMAN TO BE ACCEPTED IN A FAMILY SHE HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE FAMILY WELFARE NT ALWAYS DEPENDING ON THE MAN, MOST LADIES WANT ALREADY MADE MANSIONS NOT CONSIDERING HOW THEY WILL BE TREATED THERE BESIDES POVERTY IS NT A VIRTUE BUT A STATE OF MIND ,I JUST MENTIONED IT TO SHOW WHY SOME WOMEN ARE TREATED LIKE GOLD DIGGERS
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 06, 2013
different strokes for different folks. We cannot totally write off the African culture. There have to to be a heir to the throne. But It's not a do or die affair
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by shehuAO: 9:47am On Dec 06, 2013
Male or no male,all na pikin.all come from God,though all my children are male sha.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by damiso(f): 9:51am On Dec 06, 2013
People should create their own legacies..... undecided.Some names are forever written in the sands of time even if they had 100 girl children. tongue

3 Likes

Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by fabulurs: 9:53am On Dec 06, 2013
dinachi: Everyone knows whats special about the male child. The correct question is what is special about the female child?
Bros female child na fixed Asset ooo, if u get them many, money don come be that ooo
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by Lanceslot(m): 9:53am On Dec 06, 2013
pembisco: Hm, if obama ws lyk sm africans he wuld hv married 997 wives jst 4 a male child
And told you he don't have a male child? UsU.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by nekaa(f): 9:54am On Dec 06, 2013
thats like the only option they have in surviving in generations to come.
Re: And What's So Special About The Male Child? by MANOSUB(m): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2013
When the time comes you will know what's special about the male child. I am surprise a guy is askin this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

He Sells His Wife's Chin-chin In The Office / Parents Take Son To Court To Force Him To Get A Job / How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.