Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? (23984 Views)

Do Not Marry Nigerian Girls. They Are Evil!!! / Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents / Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2008
most men become easily intimidated on their own jeje even without any confrontation.
rubi, if you expect me to belive this statement I hope you expand on it so I can understand your reasoning.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by agaba123(m): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2008
$$Rhino:

I don't think that was a fair statement, how about saying 85% of our guys are yahooze boys or 419
my guys, we don't have to just talk for the sake of talking, get facts st8, 95% of ladies that i know are professionals
Thanks man
Last time I checked, I was told that Nigerians are the most educated group in the US. I don't think they get educated for nothing.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Queenisha: 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2008
I don't blame guys who go back to get married to the woman of their choice. When my cousin got married in 1987,her husband took her to the US to start a life. can you imagine that she later divorced this man after 3 kids because of her new found rights. What was her reason for divorce? She claimed she could not enjoy her marriage to him because he was always coming back late. Her husband is an aeronautical engineer who was doing everything to give her and the kids good life. What a shame. So i don't blame brothers who go back home. Though,there are still some women abroad who have not gotten influenced with the so called immorality and new found rights

@ bluehorizo, you just told us your cousins wife came from naija and changed and you are still advocating people go to naija and marry.
My dear good women are good women everywhere no matter where you pick them from
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by ssRhino: 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2008
Baxilexi:

@rhino, that would be simply callous. its best for him to complain than livin mr and mrs smith.

@debosky, its very nice of you to call  your home based chiks "poor", so the question now is chiks that go abroad are in the quest of getting rich or die trying right??

yes it is callous, however, what else would u want the man to do, dont forget in da western world, you gotta be more than careful, in an hemisphere where you could be locked for raping ya own wife, so if she wanna left alone, she is free like a bird, but she will not enjoy it
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2008
$$Rhino:

So what kind of man do u want then, u don't want to sumbit and you don't want to let alone to do whatever you want.
because if you have a man like me, i cld let u do whatever you want till u content, but trust me, you will hate such with a passion.
Someone more down the middle. He leads yet puts me as his right hand, allows me to do me, yet knows when to pull the plug.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by ssRhino: 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2008
Queenisha:

@ bluehorizo, you just told us your cousins wife came from naija and changed and you are still advocating people go to naija and marry.
My dear good women are good women everywhere no matter where you pick them from

there is a judas in every 12 human
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2008
agaba123:

Thanks man
Last time I checked, I was told that Nigerians are the most educated group in the US. I don't they get educated for nothing.
Hell yeah!! we dominate the medical field.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Abuseay(m): 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2008
hey rhino ure still on this matter too, lol, well these ladies wont agree wiv us, can u imagine a naija babe here in england wants to marry one of my friends, then she goes on cam doing strip shiw asking the guy ,if she cute ,if she likes her figure, Abeg my guy run ooo, this is just some weeks agoi, Now the guy has a good girl from naija now, and they are communicating, You see what my jand/and Ilu ebo babes are turning into, Western culture overriding us all, Its a pity!!!
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by chiogo(f): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2008
[Quote]
here is an example:
you are home and your husband isnt home and someone called that they want to come over, you ought to call your husband to make sure it is aiight first and you just don't go ahead and make such decision, because he is the head of the house.
You don't go around and just doing anything you feel like because you can afford it, because all decision ought to come via him.
please don't misunderstand me oh, if his reasonsing is not that good, like if he is such that don't even know how to take care of money, u cld help him out and still not that you will rub it to his face, but to complete him[/quote]

Hmm, interesting! Take a look at the highlighted text. Since when did naija people start callin people before coming to their house? Matter of fact, very few Nigerians do! That is a western thing, which I think is a very good thing Cuz you just don't go to people's houses anytime you please. But I totally disagree with you that a woman has to call her husband to confirm whether or not to let the visitor in.

See, people cause problems for themselves and they go about blaming western culture. Look at it this way, if a woman's inlaws call to say they'd be visiting and the woman tells them that she has to get back to them after she has asked her husband, the inlaws would most likely not believe that crap. They'd feel that she's being disrespectful to them, the people who raised her husband. They'd say so many horrible things about her, making the woman feel guilty. And guess what! Most of the time, the man rarely stands up to his parents and vouch for his wife.

Hence, she'll be portrayed a bad woman and the parents pressure the husband into leaving her. This is all due to ur so-called submission. Now, my example is based on a Nigerian level anywayz but honestly, I think the situation u put forward can only occur if the woman is a house wife. That is exactly the points people have been making here- those naija men who prefer to go home to marry are INTIMIDATED! They want someone who'd be completely DEPENDENT on them.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2008
Abuseay:

hey rhino ure still on this matter too, lol, well these ladies wont agree with us, can u imagine a naija babe here in england wants to marry one of my friends, then she goes on cam doing strip shiw asking the guy ,if she cute ,if she likes her figure, Abeg my guy run ooo,  this is just some weeks agoi, Now the guy has a good girl from naija now, and they are communicating, You see what my jand/and Ilu ebo babes are turning into, Western culture overriding us all, Its a pity!!!
Nna, define "overriding" for me please.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Hannibal: 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2008

Re: Why Do Nigerian Guys Abroad Dont Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad?

Is this true?? tongue
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2008
Abuseay:

hey rhino ure still on this matter too, lol, well these ladies wont agree with us, can u imagine a naija babe here in england wants to marry one of my friends, then she goes on cam doing strip shiw asking the guy ,if she cute ,if she likes her figure, Abeg my guy run ooo, this is just some weeks agoi, Now the guy has a good girl from naija now, and they are communicating, You see what my jand/and Ilu ebo babes are turning into, Western culture overriding us all, Its a pity!!!
ROFLMAO my ribs o.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Queenisha: 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2008
$$Rhino:

there is a judas in every 12 human

LOL
The only solution is to marry her and leave her in Naija
You guys are funny.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Abuseay(m): 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2008
Onyiye u still dey here , dey haunt me, !!lol, hahahhahahah check the dictionary, lmbo, !!
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by ssRhino: 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2008
Abuseay:

hey rhino ure still on this matter too, lol, well these ladies wont agree with us, can u imagine a naija babe here in england wants to marry one of my friends, then she goes on cam doing strip shiw asking the guy ,if she cute ,if she likes her figure, Abeg my guy run ooo, this is just some weeks agoi, Now the guy has a good girl from naija now, and they are communicating, You see what my jand/and Ilu ebo babes are turning into, Western culture overriding us all, Its a pity!!!

I know where you are coming from and at same time, relationship btw a man and woman is just something to be thread with care, cos the babe in nija, how does ur guy knows that someone is not seperating her legs east and west, and how do u know when the babes gets to gand, she wont be worse and start telling your guy what to do.

I personally thinks that most of our guys that goes back home to marry are for some reasons best known to them, cos there are enuf babes here
But some of us wanna move back home and that is why they look back home for a wife
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by agaba123(m): 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2008
Queenisha:

LOL
The only solution is to marry her and leave her in Naija
You guys are funny.
leave her for other men to sample for you
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2008

chiogo
That is exactly the points people have been making here- those naija men who prefer to go home to marry are INTIMIDATED! They want someone who'd be completely DEPENDENT on them.
Please explain this.  Don't just make a statement and run.  How do you know for sure    Have you been with all of them to know that intimidation is their reason for choosing a wife living in Naija  undecided
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Abuseay(m): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2008
hahaha sample, o my gosh, dis is becoming something else, sampling ke no way!
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Queenisha: 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2008
sam milla you said 70% of Nigerian girls in the West are prostitutes.
How dare you!
stupid idiot!
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2008
chiogo:

Hmm, interesting! Take a look at the highlighted text. Since when did naija people start callin people before coming to their house? Matter of fact, very few Nigerians do! That is a western thing, which I think is a very good thing Cuz you just don't go to people's houses anytime you please. But I totally disagree with you that a woman has to call her husband to confirm whether or not to let the visitor in.

See, people cause problems for themselves and they go about blaming western culture. Look at it this way, if a woman's inlaws call to say they'd be visiting and the woman tells them that she has to get  back to them after she has asked her husband, the inlaws would most likely not believe that crap. They'd feel that she's being disrespectful to them, the people who raised her husband. They'd say so many horrible things about her, making the woman feel guilty. And guess what! Most of the time, the man rarely stands up to his parents and vouch for his wife.

Hence, she'll be portrayed a bad woman and the parents pressure the husband into leaving her. This is all due to your so-called submission. Now, my example is based on a Nigerian level anywayz but honestly, I think the situation u put forward can only occur if the woman is a house wife. That is exactly the points people have been making here- those naija men who prefer to go home to marry are INTIMIDATED! They want someone who'd be completely DEPENDENT on them.
TWIN!!! i mean what is so wrong in woman who is not soley dependent on her man?? I understand my husband should be there for me but i know i can do some stuff on my own.

Abuseay:

Onyiye u still dey here , dey haunt me, !!lol, hahahhahahah check the dictionary, lmbo, !!
No im going to pray for 90 minutes.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Sisikill: 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

It is not as simple as that cool
Why you take style dey ask me ? If the girl living overseas does not display the familial chracteristics he finds appealing to him, he can look elsewhere.

Take style dey ask you?
LMAO! I swear to God, I don't know what to do with you anymore. grin

$$Rhino:

It is a weak man that will not want a lady that already has it all, a lady that could take care of herself, please, we are not more in the 1920s, a lady that has it all will make life so easy for the man, because that means when they both combine what they have, they are big man and woman be that, however, the lady can't let all she has get into her head, because no matter what, they are just propty.

A weak man is a man who lets where/what/who a woman is in life define how marriage worthy she is. If you have a strong believe in yourself, what does it matter?

A weak man is a man who constantly has to tell everyone he is THE MAN. If you really are something, you wouldn’t need to tell anyone, because they will know

A weak man is a man who goes around demanding respect forgetting that it is earned. If you constantly have to remind people you should be respected, maybe it’s because you aren’t doing something respectable.

A weak man is a man who thinks doing something that might be considered a woman’s chore, will put a dent in his manhood. Oh the sweet savor of inferiority complex!

I guess what I am trying to say is. . .

REAL MEN do not whine about how women are this and that, what A REAL MAN will say instead is “Okay, she this and that. . . . So what?" Why would they say that, you ask? Simple - Because they are Abso-freaking-lutely, Positively SURE OF THEMSELVES!

Let’s take a roll call shall we. . . Real Man? Real Man? Anybody? Nobody?

Yeah, that’s what I thought cool
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by rubi(f): 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
@HCH3COO some men when they come across a woman who has made it in life and who is well behaved which I do know the first thing that will come across their will be mind would be will she submitt to all my rules and regulations at home instead of celebrating her achievement and her wonderful behaviour knowing quite well that she is going to be a help meet to the family and not a liability
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Abuseay(m): 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
ONyiyye, lol, pray then without ceasing, ure very funny!!
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by agaba123(m): 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
Abuseay:

hahaha sample, o my gosh, this is becoming something else, sampling ke no way!

ehen na sampling because they are not taking her for keeps
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by ssRhino: 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
chiogo:

See, people cause problems for themselves and they go about blaming western culture. Look at it this way, if a woman's inlaws call to say they'd be visiting and the woman tells them that she has to get back to them after she has asked her husband, the inlaws would most likely not believe that crap. They'd feel that she's being disrespectful to them, the people who raised her husband. They'd say so many horrible things about her, making the woman feel guilty. And guess what! Most of the time, the man rarely stands up to his parents and vouch for his wife.

Hence, she'll be portrayed a bad woman and the parents pressure the husband into leaving her. This is all due to your so-called submission. Now, my example is based on a Nigerian level anywayz but honestly, I think the situation u put forward can only occur if the woman is a house wife. That is exactly the points people have been making here- those naija men who prefer to go home to marry are INTIMIDATED! They want someone who'd be completely DEPENDENT on them.

The house is not just urs my dear, so the man has the right to know who and who is in my house or coming there, cos i would do same if it was the other way around
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2008
$$Rhino:

The house is not just urs my dear, so the man has the right to know who and who is in my house or coming there, because i would do same if it was the other way around
But will the man do the same?
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2008
@HCH3COO some men when they come across a woman who has made it in life and who is well behaved which I do know the first thing that will come across their will be mind would be will she submitt to all my rules and regulations at home instead of celebrating her achievement and her wonderful behaviour knowing quite well that she is going to be a help meet to the family and not a liability
Those are bums not men.   I told you earlier that a woman can support her family and still play the role of a wife.  Real men understand this.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by TheSly: 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2008
Why Do Nigerian Guys Abroad Dont Marry Nigeruan Girls Abroad?
because MOST of them are airheads and feminist wannabes.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Baxilexi(m): 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
i have realized something on this thread, its not like women are being oppressed by men it that women want to be the man, e.g. when the quest for

women liberization started the problem was the men did not recognise them.so jobs like teaching nursing receptionist ministry of women affairs and many others were created for the woman

later the men do not put them in top positions.

now they want equal rights as the man.
just so you know nigeria is alot better than most counties, take for example germany they have a kkk rule for women kuche(kitchen) kirche(church) and kinder(children) and japan their women are ristricted but the western woman wants everything down to having gonads

men have created more careers for women in the working ssectors of the economy.
the women should not expect to be privalant in all strata.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
Sisikill:

Take style dey ask you?
LMAO! I swear to God, I don't know what to do with you anymore. grin
YOU I can marry.  I'm not one bit intimidated.  Cherry is my only concern  embarassed .  But I'm actually happy about it  grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by ssRhino: 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
Sisikill, u are rvery right, however, submission has no other name but submission
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by agaba123(m): 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
chiogo:

See, people cause problems for themselves and they go about blaming western culture. Look at it this way, if a woman's inlaws call to say they'd be visiting and the woman tells them that she has to get  back to them after she has asked her husband, the inlaws would most likely not believe that crap. They'd feel that she's being disrespectful to them, the people who raised her husband. They'd say so many horrible things about her, making the woman feel guilty. And guess what! Most of the time, the man rarely stands up to his parents and vouch for his wife.
If you get a man who cannot stand up for you, then you are in for it. I may blame you for that because such attribute always shows even before you say I do.
He will always ask his mama what's best to do instead of consulting you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Reasons Why Some Girls Will Never See Mr Right / An Open Letter To Nigerian Boyfriends / Why Relationship Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.