Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,474 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? (23988 Views)

Do Not Marry Nigerian Girls. They Are Evil!!! / Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents / Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
$$Rhino:

Na drama u study for school, Ini Edo, has nothing on u jare
well, it is not that bad

lool cheesy
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2008
@baxilexi
all of who?

ahhhhh, rara o!

but all of who?
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

churchgoers are not necessarily true christians osisi, don't forget.
oh quiet you

ehie:

abeg i don go oh! the stupid ideology of feminsm is what is bringing the western society to its knees, Britain and most of Europe are now contending with the fallout of dysfunctional societies, eg
Binge Drinking
Knife Crimes Holiganism all because the most important structure of the society is collapsing, the family
Continue to kid yourself and get married with your strong head,
i give love 6 months tops
Character,Kindeness Loyalty an eternity.
Choose the way u all want to go, bye all
dalu

i mean i understand what yal are saying. i mean i now see a different perception of being "submissive". I know im a lil bit stubborn and head strong, but that is just me. im working on it. I know when i get married that alot of what im saying will be changing noting i marry the right man. But alot of what im saying now will still stand.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by bluehorizo(m): 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2008
I don't blame guys who go back to get married to the woman of their choice. When my cousin got married in 1987,her husband took her to the US to start a life. can you imagine that she later divorced this man after 3 kids because of her new found rights. What was her reason for divorce? She claimed she could not enjoy her marriage to him because he was always coming back late. Her husband is an aeronautical engineer who was doing everything to give her and the kids good life. What a shame. So i don't blame brothers who go back home. Though,there are still some women abroad who have not gotten influenced with the so called immorality and new found rights.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by agaba123(m): 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Nonsense, please don't generalize.

A husband is not necessarily the Lord of the house. Wearing the pant does not mean he has to be tough/strict and irrespectable to his wife.

Btw, wcould you please expand on what you meant by "not man enough".

Why do people read my post upside down.

Did I say a the husband is the lord of the house?  No I did not.

Well in simple terms,  what I mean is that A girl who knows what it means to a friend to her husband is the ideal thing.

I meant that many girl were brought up in atmosphere where the man is the dictator and that becomes their own yardstick of measuring manness. If you have a relationship with them and treat like they are your equal, they will adjudge you as not being man enough based on what they experienced fronm their fathers.
Based on that I stated that I will prefer a girl brought up who is sensible. That does not mean that every girl brought up in naija is like that but many.

Please understand  my post before you call it nonsense honey.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Pataki: 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2008
ehie:

abeg i don go oh! the stupid ideology of feminsm is what is bringing the western society to its knees, Britain and most of Europe are now contending with the fallout of dysfunctional societies, eg
Binge Drinking
Knife Crimes Holiganism all because the most important structure of the society is collapsing, the family
Ehie, you are leaving without giving your contact details?

Please do not go yet. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by bluesky4(f): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2008
Lol not submission as in slavery!!

Husband: Ok darling, you are now allowed to talk

Wife: Thankyou dear

Husband: Ok darling, you are now allowed to eat

Husband: Ok darling, you are now allowed to sleep

Hehehehehehehehehe Tongue

lmao!

@topic
its only freshies that have this idea. Naija guys who have lived abroad for a long time dont have this view. well at least the ones i've met.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by agaba123(m): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2008
bluehorizo:

I don't blame guys who go back to get married to the woman of their choice. When my cousin got married in 1987,her husband took her to the US to start a life. can you imagine that she later divorced this man after 3 kids because of her new found rights. What was her reason for divorce? She claimed she could not enjoy her marriage to him because he was always coming back late. Her husband is an aeronautical engineer who was doing everything to give her and the kids good life. What a shame. So i don't blame brothers who go back home. Though,there are still some women abroad who have not gotten influenced with the so called immorality and new found rights.
So what are u saying now? he went home and brought someone who divorced him later. Why did he go home then.

This is exactly the point I was making and someone was abusing me that I should keep the lady in nigeria and go home to pregnant her during yam festivals . . .lol
No point going back home. Everything is based on the individual. if get a girl who is reasonable here, that is better than going to get a time bomb that will finally explode after all
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2008
Pataki:

Ehie, you are leaving without giving your contact details?

Please do not go yet. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
LOL  grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by rubi(f): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2008
ehie:

Binge Drinking

Wake up you have slept for too long I am a happly married woman. I love my hubby he reasons differently from most naija men. I believe in submitting to my hubby to the core and he believes in treating me with all intergrity
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Baxilexi(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2008
hch, when did you create the bedroom

@ruby, ghanians, germans,togolese, etc

@onyin, its as simple as they cant be two captains on a ship, neither can there be two Gods in the universe, scripture say "woman be submissive to your husband for as christ is the head of the church so is the man the head of the family . . . . . . . . .
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by ssRhino: 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2008
agaba123:

So what are saying now? he went home and brought someone who divorced him later. Why did he go home then.

This exactly the point I was making and someone was abusing me that I should keep the lady in nigeria and go home to pregnant her during yam festivals . . .lol

that is the funniest shit after basket mouth and i go die
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2008
Why do people read my post upside down.

Did I say a the husband is the lord of the house?  No I did not.

Well in simple terms,  what I mean is that A girl who knows what it means to a friend to her husband is the ideal thing.

I meant that many girl were brought up in atmosphere where the man is the dictator and that becomes their own yardstick of measuring manness. If you have a relationship with them and treat like they are your equal, they will adjudge you as not being man enough based on what they experienced fronm their fathers.
Based on that I stated that I will prefer a girl brought up who is sensible. That does not mean that every girl brought up in naija is like that but many.

Please understand stand my post before you call it nonsence honey.
LOL!
You're right, my laptop was kinda upside down.

sO WHAT IS YOUR POINT ANYWAYS?
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2008
baxi the bedroom was created after your suggestion.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2008
rubi:

Wake up you have slept for too long I am a happly married woman. I love my hubby he reasons differently from most naija men. I believe in submitting to my hubby to the core and he believes in treating me with all intergrity
Where did you find such a man?

Baxilexi:

@onyin, its as simple as they can't be two captains on a ship, neither can there be two Gods in the universe, scripture say "woman be submissive to your husband for as christ is the head of the church so is the man the head of the family . . . . . . . . .
(onyinye reads the verse for the 11th million time.)
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2008
@BAXILEXI

kAI! nOT ALL NA! HABA!
How many men is a woman allowed to marry?
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by agaba123(m): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

LOL!
You're right, my laptop was kind of upside down.

sO WHAT IS YOUR POINT ANYWAYS?
You still do not get my point? I will have to organise a private session for you grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2008
@Pataki
Believe and it will be, (coded tunes) kiss
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by bluehorizo(m): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2008
agaba123:

So what are u saying now? he went home and brought someone who divorced him later. Why did he go home then.

This is exactly the point I was making and someone was abusing me that I should keep the lady in nigeria and go home to pregnant her during yam festivals . . .lol
No point going back home. Everything is based on the individual. if get a girl who is reasonable here, that is better than going to get a time bomb that will finally explode after all

I concur. It doesn't matter who she is or where she is from. Wht matters is understanding,trust and respect.Those are the basic things that makes every successful relationship.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2008
bluehorizo:

I concur. It doesn't matter who she is or where she is from. Wht matters is understanding,trust and respect.Those are the basic things that makes every successful relationship.
I agree 200%.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by rubi(f): 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2008
onyinye2:

Where did you find such a man?
(onyinye reads the verse for the 11th million time.)

Na God dee do me better
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Pataki: 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2008
ehie:

@Pataki
Believe and it will be, (coded tunes) kiss
And how can I get to decode the coded tunes? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Ok, I will leave my email contacts inside my profile. wink
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2008
rubi:

Na God dee do me better
AMEN!!!
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2008
@agba123
Forget it, then.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by rubi(f): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2008
bluehorizo:

It shall be well with you
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Baxilexi(m): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ruby, emm, one from everytribe, just joking. anyways its a good thing your not tribalistic.

@hch, loool, aahh, deye deye ooo

@onyin, so your the person our lord was refering to when he said "be not only readers but doers of the word. him done know since 2000years ago.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2008
@baxilexi
ttyl.

and HCH,
control yourself, man.

not waiting around for his reply
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Uche2nna(m): 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2008
bluehorizo:

I wish it was that simple.

Most times where we come from makes all the difference sad
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by chiogo(f): 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2008
Shit! I don't usually post in this romance section, I thot this topic was under 'family'. I'm gonna reply anywayz.

Wait!, I'm yet to understand what y'all mean by 'submitting' to your husband. Can somebody give me examples of how a woman can 'submit' to her husband? Maybe, I can actually reply this topic Cuz right now, am seeing loads of BS.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2008
Baxilexi:

@onyin, so your the person our lord was refering to when he said "be not only readers but doers of the word. him done know since 2000years ago.
I am the word in a sense. If you read my post a little known back, i said that i would work on my need to be in control, when i should be the partner, so Nna dont worry bouts meh, kay.

chiogo:

Shit! I don't usually post in this romance section, I thot this topic was under 'family'. I'm going to reply anywayz.

Wait!, I'm yet to understand what y'all mean by 'submitting' to your husband. Can somebody give me examples of how a woman can 'submit' to her husband? Maybe, I can actually reply this topic Cuz right now, am seeing loads of BS.
I will tell you once i get a clear answer. Because i know someone is going to give you Proverbs 31vs. 10-31 as the answer.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2008
Uche2nna:

I wish it was that simple.

Most times where we come from makes all the difference sad
Yes it does.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Baxilexi(m): 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2008
@topic, you just love guys that talk so much about, mutual respect equal rights etc. . . . they talk like thats all whereas there's more to it, its just like a revernd father advicing about marriage when he has never been married and never will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Nigerian Boyfriends / Why Relationship Is A Scam / 10 Golden Rules To Picking Up Prostitutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.