Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,417 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69449 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by paranorman(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2014
The easiest in nigeria is either hausa or yoruba.. Talkin from experience mehn..
Hausa sounds romantic, its a one way language..
Why i'd choose yoruba over hausa is because of this reasons:
the yoruba race is the most learned in Nigeria, the language has also evolved over the years.. Its unique in the way it flows with rhymes and beat.. That why musicians sings better in yoruba.. Also, i think all most all hymns originally written in english sang in churches translated to yoruba, when you sing in yoruba still possess the same number of syllable in each line of the song and same rhyme... I am not sayin other languages dont have translations but preservin the number of syllables in each line of the hymn and rhymes of the same song/hymn in english is not always as unique as in yoruba...

The yoruba also borrows words from english language... Just like bible-bibeli; temple-tempili..
In years to come, yoruba generations would speak a language that would have so much integrated into english..

I like Hausa, that language's so romantic and easy too..

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Gamboh55(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2014
Tomiwa Damola: I think Hausa is the easiest followed by Yoruba. Yoruba is very easy once you understand the tones.

Absolutely correct ..hausa is by far d easiest
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:
YORUBA LANGUAGE IS THE EASIEST N MOST SPOKEN LANGUAGE IN NIGERIA
your ignorance has no rival, you are such a waste of time.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by harizonal123(m): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: Speaking igbo is like having a hot yam in one's throat. Its so difficult cos it involves vocal muscles.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by harizonal123(m): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: mumu n speakin yeriba is lik one is runnin mad bcux of d high voice sad sad sad
Laughing on the floor grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: u did nt even read it very well before u rushed to post d link,1% in terms of d no of movies produced in igbo language,English nollywood wic is known world wide is owned n dominated by d igbos
hey kid, reason well.
@Bolded

nollywood english section is not owned by igbos but by all nigerians, igbos only dominate. The only section they own is the igbo section dat produces only 1% of nollywood movies according to the source i quoted.

the english section contains yoruba, hausa, igbo, other tribes and ghanain actors but dominated by the igbos. Can such be said of the yoruba and hausa arms? TV soaps like super story, dear mama, everyday people, disclosure, fuji house of commotion, papa ajasco etc all done in english language contains actors from all tribes and the shows are majorly owned by yorubas.

what happened to olu jacobs, sola fosudo, joke silver, femi brainard, yemi blaq, funke akindele, van vicker, majid, yvonne nelson, ini edo, segun arinze, nadia buhari etc who all act in the english section of nollywood? Did they all become igbo overnight? Most of them arent even nigerians.

igbos dont own nollywood. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by phase1: 11:49am On Jan 05, 2014
Almost every enlightened anglophone african and beyond knows what the word 'Igwe', 'Chineke' means. Nollywood promotes Igbo culture from Kenya to South Africa.
When Kenyan comedians wanna mimic Nigerians they copy what see in Nollywood.

Will Saidu Balogun be mobbed outside in Liberia, Kenya and so on, like Aki and pawpaw?
Yollywood actors are local champions....period. cheesy
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by experimentist: 11:50am On Jan 05, 2014
Na like dis-------ยป Hausa >Yourba > Igbo is very hard to learn, been trna learn since.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 05, 2014
Pidgin is d easiest
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tete7000(m): 11:53am On Jan 05, 2014
I have a friend from Edo State who apart from his mother's tongue has learnt to speak Hausa, Igbo and is very fluent in Yoruba. When I posed your question to him, his answer is: HAUSA. I guessed a person like him is in a better position to give an unbiased answer to your question for experience they say is the best teacher

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by SealLumidee: 11:54am On Jan 05, 2014
ajoguegbe: Ezza in Ebonyi state. That's my language

shocked
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Smartwave: 11:54am On Jan 05, 2014
TVT KOKO: pls wat is ibibio?
is the name of my new chinese BIKE
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 01mcfadden(m): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2014
Display your stipidity,when the time comes,your African lil brothers will have something to use against Nigeria later.
Petrodolar and others,hope you are copying? grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by phase1: 11:56am On Jan 05, 2014
Igbo-Nollywood
Hausa-Kannywood
Yoruba can have their Yollywood

Go figure.....grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by zionlite: 11:57am On Jan 05, 2014
Hausa is Romantic and Easy.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: owk,lets luk at dis way.yorubas produces their movie in 100% yoruba bt at d end of d day,d movie wont sell bcuz it wont be watched by many except by d yorubas.
The producer wont mak enough money
The actors n actresses wont be popular
Yoruba culture might nt promoted outside nig.
Igbos produces their movie wit 70% English n 30% igbo show casing igbo cultures n traditions,at d end of d day they movie wil sell even beyound d shores of sub saharan africa
The producer wil mak enough MONEY
all an igbo man cares about is money at the expense of his language. When foreigners and nigerians watch those movies, they call them nigerian movies. Can such be said when they watch yoruba an hausa movies? Why do you think the other tribes on this thread voted for hausa and yoruba? Cos they promote their language in their movies 100%.

Keep making money/ego while your language goes into extinction cos i've seen countless threads on nairaland talking about igbo language going extinct.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Smartwave: 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
TVT KOKO: pls wat is ibibio?
is the name of my new chinese bike
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
it is not right to call a language sweet and easy to learn if you use that language as your mother tongue. let people who learned and uses that language in their adult years call it sweet and/or easy to learn. for me i dont speak any nigerian language other then my mother tongue so i cant say which one is easier to learn,

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
tete7000: I have a friend from Edo State who apart from his mother's tongue has learnt to speak Hausa, Igbo and is very fluent in Yoruba. When I posed your question to him, his answer is: HAUSA. I guessed a person like him is in a better position to give an unbiased answer to your question for experience they say is the best teacher
i thought as much

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
phase1: Igbo-Nollywood
Hausa-Kannywood
Yoruba can have their Yollywood

Go figure.....grin
SHAME ON YOU IGBOS FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE 100% IN YOUR NOLLYWOOD IGBOWOOD MOVIES grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by jamiuola(m): 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
All Nolly
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by frakdon(m): 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

You were in Love then?! grin grin What about now it has expired abi? grin A very wrong statement from a married Man.

I taya oo
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by kliq(m): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
Isoko

cool
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by chi4ik(m): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
MR. WHINNIG:
Igbo is one of the easiest languages to learn in Nigeria and also one of the richest languages in Africa. There are many dialects of Igbo: Onitsha/Delta Igbo, Awka/Central Anambra Igbo, Southern Anambra Igbo, Nsukka Igbo, Ngwo/Central Enugu Igbo, Owerri Igbo, Abakiliki/Ebonyi Igbo, Ohafia/Arochukwu/Abia Igbo, Ikwerre Igbo and Equatorial Guinea Igbo to mention but a few. But all of them are mutually intelligible, except for the Nsukka and Ebonyi dialects which have evolved separately over time because of their geographical isolation.

Igbo is also the second language of mainstream Nollywood after English.
after making a very serious point, U spoiled it with ur discrimination against NSUKKA $ Ebonyi people. Do U think they understand your dialect as well? Every dialect in Igbo Land is difficult to understand by others...
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Smartwave: 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hausa is easy to learn due to the fact that living there, u don't have choice (poor education). Igbo is not so difficult, they have nice and fine pronounciation, u cannot dispute that BUT their way and culture is not str8 (apology) but some of my igbo friend did not even know gud morning, afternoon, evening in their language. Yoruba is so easy due to its english-like alphabetic way
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
blink182: your ignorance has no rival, you are such a waste of time.

E DON PAIN HIM.....
THAT'S THE FACT..
.YORUBA IS THE EASIEST N MOST SPOKEN LANGUAGE IN NIGERIA...

MUSIC INDUSTRY N NOLLYWOOD ARE THE PROOFS....

WILL U TELL ME THAT YOU DON'T KNOWLEDGE ABOUT YORUBA LANGUAGE? AM VERY SURE U SPEAK IT EVERYDAY. EVERYWHERE

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by GentleFrank(m): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
English language of course !
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Smartwave: 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
chi4ik: after making a very serious point, U spoiled it with ur discrimination against NSUKKA $ Ebonyi people. Do U think they understand your dialect as well? Every dialect in Igbo Land is difficult to understand by others...
100% correct, that is what is killing igbo land (internal discrimination). What a pit!!!!! Yoruba have a lot of dialet likewise hausas but never discrimate but appreciate eachother
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by prettyhabby: 12:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
I'm Idoma by tribe but yoruba is d easiest language to learn follow by hausa.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by phase1: 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
h....
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by squaddy(m): 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
gameboyo:

Bros,stop am!
We are south south,not south east

Who cares If una like make una be north west south...rubbish

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos] / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.