Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice (22249 Views)

These Means That God Don't Know That Prevention Is Better Than Cure / Reasons Why Men Of God Don't Preach This Part Of The Scripture (bible). / Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2008
Huxley, i can find Jeremiah 4 myself . . . i said clearly - READ IT then come back with YOUR OPINION. I wont spoonfeed adults.
Only then will i carefully explain those verses to you, don't be intellectually lazy . . .
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by huxley(m): 11:23pm On Aug 13, 2008
davidylan:

Huxley, i can find Jeremiah 4 myself . . . i said clearly - READ IT then come back with YOUR OPINION. I wont spoonfeed adults.
Only then will i carefully explain those verses to you, don't be intellectually lazy . . .

Well, this is ad-hoc picking & choosing and massaging text out of context to fit a certain agenda. If you had answered me, that would have been a BIG surprise.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by LeMoor(m): 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2008
davidylan:

don't ask me anything . . . when i ask my own questions you pretend not to see it and then rush back with more "questions".

I asked you earlier . . . forget the bible, assume it is false . . . now please EXPLAIN TO ME IN LUCID DETAIL how did we evolve to different races knowing full well that science proves that man must have evolved from Africa?

How did the Asians get their strikingly different features?

Answer me first!
Davidlylan,

Evolution
Most people refusal to believe in the concept of evolution comes from a subconcious presumption that humans are perfect, and that evolution ha sstopped. What if we havent stopped evolving? we are definitely getting smarter,

What seperates most hear from religios folks is, the acceptance that we dont know a lot of things and are willing to question them, as opposed to you who believe you have all the answers from a book that has a lot of holes. What is in genesis 1 and 2, spill it out and stop telling people to go read some verse. We all know anyone can manufacture anything from ambiguity

But ofcourse, I earlier called you dishonest, because, all through this discourse, I have not mentioned once what I believed, all I did mention was what I didnt believe and know not to be true
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 13, 2008
Hit the brakes bro . . . u're shooting yourself in the foot.

Le Moor:

Davidlylan,

Evolution
Most people refusal to believe in the concept of evolution comes from a subconcious presumption that humans are perfect, and that evolution ha sstopped. What if we havent stopped evolving? we are definitely getting smarter,

I asked for proof that we are even evolving at all . . . where is it? Surely if you cant accept mere "statements of faith" from the christian without proof you shld be the first one to come up with FACTS to buttress your points no?

We are deinitely getting smarter - is that an indication of evolution? Finches have evolved too . . . are they now smarter than monkeys? grin

Most people's refusal to believe in the concept of evolution RIGHTLY steps from the FACT that science has so far FAILED to prove that indeed it occurs beyond putting out countless theories.

How did the cosmos evolve? Answer me too.

Le Moor:

What seperates most hear from religios folks is, the acceptance that we don't know a lot of things and are willing to question them, as opposed to you who believe you have all the answers from a book that has a lot of holes.

Fallacy . . . when scientists and their athiest sidekicks find it hard to answer a question they start hiding behind the fig leaf of "oh we are willing to question them" . . . all the things you've questioned so far . . . what have been the answers?

The bible also invites adherents to actively question it . . . Philip even questioned Jesus Christ at one time ditto for John the Baptist so what is new?

Le Moor:

What is in genesis 1 and 2, spill it out and stop telling people to go read some verse. We all know anyone can manufacture anything from ambiguity

Did you answer ANY of the questions i put to you? grin All you hypocrites know is to yell "answer me answer me".

Le Moor:

But ofcourse, I earlier called you dishonest, because, all through this discourse, I have not mentioned once what I believed, all I did mention was what I didnt believe and know not to be true

This is a dishonest basis to have a debate . . . what do you believe? Where is the proof?

You mentioned what you dont believe and "know" not to be true? Again where is your proof?
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 11:35pm On Aug 13, 2008
Le Moor:

Davidlylan,

Evolution

What seperates most hear from religios folks is, the acceptance that we don't know a lot of things and are willing to question them, as opposed to you who believe you have all the answers from a book that has a lot of holes. What is in genesis 1 and 2, spill it out and stop telling people to go read some verse. [b]We all know anyone can manufacture anything from ambiguity[/b]But ofcourse, I earlier called you dishonest, because, all through this discourse, I have not mentioned once what I believed, all I did mention was what I didnt believe and know not to be true

That is what the bible is all about thats why we have over 30,000 sects of christainity each knocking heads and most cliaming they have the answers to the ultimate truth while all the others are wrong.(i wonder which truth they are all claiming to posses). my former pastor once said that catholics, and all white garment wearing chrisatains will all rot in hell . imagine grin grin
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2008
huxley:

Well, this is ad-hoc picking & choosing and massaging text out of context to fit a certain agenda. If you had answered me, that would have been a BIG surprise.

Do i take it you are incapable of reading simple english and giving your honest opinion? This is the reason most of this debates are fruitless, too many airheads crying about why religion is false . . . put them to the simple test of proving the basis of their opinions and they start hedging.

READ THOSE PASSAGES first . . . then lets have an honest debate . . . i will be here all night waiting for you.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 13, 2008
mazaje:

That is what the bible is all about thats why we have over 30,000 sects of christainity each knocking heads and most cliaming they have the answers to the ultimate truth all the others are wrong.(i wonder which truth they are all cliaming to posses). my former pastor once said that catholics, and all white garment wearing chrisatains will all rot in hell . imagine grin grin

This one is the worst . . . just piggy backing on the deluded opinions of the other clowns. grin
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 11:43pm On Aug 13, 2008
davidylan:

This one is the worst . . . just piggy backing on the deluded opinions of the other clowns. grin

how is it the worst? are there no over 30,000 sects(religions) in christainity. are catholics , jehova witness, mormons etc going to heaven according to the version of christianity you believe in? answer it and stop beating around the bush.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by huxley(m): 11:48pm On Aug 13, 2008
davidylan:

Do i take it you are incapable of reading simple english and giving your honest opinion? This is the reason most of this debates are fruitless, too many airheads crying about why religion is false . . . put them to the simple test of proving the basis of their opinions and they start hedging.

READ THOSE PASSAGES first . . . then lets have an honest debate . . . i will be here all night waiting for you.

Did I say I had not read it. I read it but did not see how it relates to a pre-Adamite world. The cited passages appear to be a prophecy of impending disaster rather than an explanation of the origin.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 13, 2008
mazaje:

how is it the worst? are there no over 30,000 sects(religions) in christainity. are catholics , jehova witness, mormons etc going to heaven according to the version of christianity you believe in? answer it and stop beating around the bush.

Everyone can make claims . . . the bible remains the yardstick . . . the bible talks of Christ preparing for Himself a body . . . without spot or wrinkle . . . nothing about sects.

John 3:16 says . . . "WHOSOEVER believeth" . . . nothing about sects.

In the early days there was nothing like St. Paul's Redeemers church of Antioch or James's Cathedral . . . infact when the early brethren began bickering among themselves who was the follower of whom, brother Paul sharply rebuked them saying . . . 1 corinthians 3: 4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. 8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. 9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Chikena!

NB: to the hypocrites who like to yell "answer me answer me" . . . i can only hope for a day we shall recieve answers from you too . . . not anytime soon at this rate.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 13, 2008
huxley:

Did I say I had not read it. I read it but did not see how it relates to a pre-Adamite world. The cited passages appear to be a prophecy of impending disaster rather than an explanation of the origin.

That is simply because you have made up your mind it says nothing about a pre-adamite origin . . . now read Gen 1:2 VERY CAREFULLY again and relate to us what you see there in careful detail. I see i shall have to spoon feed you people like little children.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 11:59pm On Aug 13, 2008
davidylan:

Everyone can make claims . . . the bible remains the yardstick . . . the bible talks of Christ preparing for Himself a body . . . without spot or wrinkle . . . nothing about sects.

John 3:16 says . . . "WHOSOEVER believeth" . . . nothing about sects.

In the early days there was nothing like St. Paul's Redeemers church of Antioch or James's Cathedral . . . infact when the early brethren began bickering among themselves who was the follower of whom, brother Paul sharply rebuked them saying . . . 1 corinthians 3: 4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. 8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. 9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Chikena!

NB: to the hypocrites who like to yell "answer me answer me" . . . i can only hope for a day we shall recieve answers from you too . . . not anytime soon at this rate.

what has this got to do with the fact that there are over 30,000 sects(religions) in christianity? i repeat does the faith which you hold see catholics, jehova witness, mormoms, seven day adventist etc going to heaven? i have seen you argue night and day with the catholics, and prosperity gospel christains here on nairaland. at the same time denoucing and ridiculing their beliefs. why are you then trying to correct them and show them the way/truth if you all believe in the same thing? or do you mean they havent read the passage you copy and pasted?
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by huxley(m): 12:03am On Aug 14, 2008
davidylan:

That is simply because you have made up your mind it says nothing about a pre-adamite origin . . . now read Gen 1:2 VERY CAREFULLY again and relate to us what you see there in careful detail. I see i shall have to spoon feed you people like little children.

Ok, I have no problem being spoonfed as long as we get to the facts. I am after facts no status and ego. Can you draw the two threads together? I cannot see how these relate to a pre-Adamite world.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 12:08am On Aug 14, 2008
huxley:

Ok, I have no problem being spoonfed as long as we get to the facts. I am after facts no status and ego. Can you draw the two threads together? I cannot see how these relate to a pre-Adamite world.

he is going to draw from the vagueness of the passage, states his own understanding and interpretation and tell you that , that was what god meant to say in the passage.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 14, 2008
mazaje:

what has this got to do with the fact that there are over 30,000 sects(religions) in christianity? i repeat does the faith which you hold see catholics, jehova witness, mormoms, seven day adventist etc going to heaven? i have seen you argue night and day with the catholics, and prosperity gospel christains here on nairaland. at the same time denoucing and ridiculing their beliefs. why are you then trying to correct them and show them the way/truth if you all believe in the same thing? or do you mean they havent read the passage you copy and pasted?

It has EVERYTHING to do with the issue you raised about sects but like i always like to buttress, your blind areligious dogma prevents you from seeing it.

Let me break it down since i now realise i am speaking to people who are slow to understand . . . no where in the bible do we see Christ or His disciples or any of their converts talking about sects. This is the way the early apostles saw themselves . . . Acts 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

Romans 12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

the emphasis all throughout the early christian church was "many members YET one body in Christ Jesus".

I quoted the rebuke of Paul to the brethren who tried to claim followership of one apostle or the other (the bane of our "sects" today) . . . here is what he told them in plain language again - 1 Corinthians 3: 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. 8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. 9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Again i remember telling you in the last post . . . John 3:16 said nothing about which sects would go to heaven, rather it made it plain that salvation was no longer a corporate blessing but an INDIVIDUAL CHOICE regardless of which "sect" you claim to belong . . .

it says in plain language again - "whosoever believeth . . .".

Now that aside . . . what is the criteria for determining who (regardless of sect) will make heaven or not? the bible again is clear as day - Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Note that it doesnt say by their church or by their pastor . . .

What are those fruits? Look into your bible . . . that'w why we argue night and day . . . enough with judging ourselves by the doctrines of man . . . rather we shld do as the apostles said - Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

simple . . . if you still dont understand . . . too bad.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 14, 2008
huxley:

nope. Enough with us being the ones to always come up with the answers . . . i repeat . . . i am here most of the night, give me your detailed opinions on Gen 1:2 and Jer 4:23-27 and i will gladly take up the gauntlet from there.

Too often you hypocrites hide your own poor intellect behind the fig leaf of "answer me". Not again. Still waiting on you bro, make i snappy.

mazaje:

he is going to draw from the vagueness of the passage, states his own understanding and interpretation and tell you that , that was what god meant to say in the passage.

It would have been better if you had a more intelligent answer.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by huxley(m): 12:32am On Aug 14, 2008
Genesis 1:
1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Genesis 1: 1-4 is quite clear. God created the heaven and the earth in the beginning. And the earth was without form . . . . . .

Jeremiah 4
19[b]My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.[/b]
20Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.
21How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?
22For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.
23I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
27For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
28For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
29The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.

Now let us try and put Jeremiah 4 into context, starting from verse 19 which says;
My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.

This seems to be to be a prophecy of war which carries on to the verses you cited 23-27. How does this relate to Genesis? I just cannot see it.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 1:08am On Aug 14, 2008
davidylan:

It has EVERYTHING to do with the issue you raised about sects but like i always like to buttress, your blind areligious dogma prevents you from seeing it.

Let me break it down since i now realise i am speaking to people who are slow to understand . . . no where in the bible do we see Christ or His disciples or any of their converts talking about sects. This is the way the early apostles saw themselves . . . Acts 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

Romans 12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

the emphasis all throughout the early christian church was "many members YET one body in Christ Jesus".

I quoted the rebuke of Paul to the brethren who tried to claim followership of one apostle or the other (the bane of our "sects" today) . . . here is what he told them in plain language again - 1 Corinthians 3: 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. 8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. 9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Again i remember telling you in the last post . . . John 3:16 said nothing about which sects would go to heaven, rather it made it plain that salvation was no longer a corporate blessing but an INDIVIDUAL CHOICE regardless of which "sect" you claim to belong . . .

it says in plain language again - "whosoever believeth . . .".

Now that aside . . . what is the criteria for determining who (regardless of sect) will make heaven or not? the bible again is clear as day - Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Note that it doesnt say by their church or by their pastor . . .

What are those fruits? Look into your bible . . . that'w why we argue night and day . . . enough with judging ourselves by the doctrines of man . . . rather we shld do as the apostles said - Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

simple . . . if you still don't understand . . . too bad.

All you did here is just copy and paste passages from a book full of vagueness which i do not believe in to try to prove a point to me. any body can do what you have done here. muslims too can draw up as many verses from the quran too to buttress their postulations, that does'nt make it right to me. religious arguments are like two people talking to each other in two different languages. trying to make you see things my way is something i know i can never do so why am i trying anyway  grin grin. I must admit that some of your answers are reasonable and coherent enough,  you have made me understand where you are coming, its mostly about faith. but i am yet to be swayed and convinced to reason and see things the same way as you. sai anjuma.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 14, 2008
mazaje:

All you did here is just copy and paste passages from a book full of vagueness which i do not believe in to try to prove a point to me. any body can do what you have done here. muslims too can draw up as many verses from the quran too to buttress their postulations, that does'nt make it right to me. religious arguments are like two people talking to each other in two different languages. trying to make you see things my way is something i know i can never do so why am i trying anyway grin grin. I must admit that some of your answers are reasonable and coherent enough, you have made me understand where you are coming, its mostly about faith. but i am yet to be swayed and convinced to reason and see things the same way as you. sai anjuma.

You never tried to make me see anything your way, infact i'm leaving more confused about your alleged "way" than i started. All you've done is repeat poorly understood but worn-out athiest dogma, rehash the same old spurious allegations, refuse to see anything even when its pointed out to you in plain language, play musical chairs with facts and dance around issues when you dont have answers to them. You cant be conviced to reason the way i do, one of us is willing to reason, the other is blinded by unbelief.

Its mostly about delusion. Sai anjuma.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 14, 2008
huxley:

Genesis 1:
1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Genesis 1: 1-4 is quite clear. God created the heaven and the earth in the beginning. And the earth was without form . . . . . .

Jeremiah 4
19[b]My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.[/b]
20Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.
21How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?
22For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.
23I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
27For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
28For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
29The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.

Now let us try and put Jeremiah 4 into context, starting from verse 19 which says;
My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.

This seems to be to be a prophecy of war which carries on to the verses you cited 23-27. How does this relate to Genesis? I just cannot see it.

Can this man read at all? I asked him to read Gen 1:2 and give us his opinion he's busy reading Jer 4:19 . . . verse 19 does not carry to verses 23-27 thou hypocrite . . . that they happen to appear in the same  chapter nothwithstanding.

I thought you were a bit smarter than the rest, ordinary english comprehension shld tell you Gen 1:2 and Jer 4: 23 ARE ALMOST THE SAME WORD FOR WORD!

You cant see a relation because YOU SIR ARE FIERCELY DETERMINED NOT TO. Carry on with your delusions.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 3:20am On Aug 14, 2008
davidylan:

Can this man read at all? I asked him to read Gen 1:2 and give us his opinion he's busy reading Jer 4:19 . . . verse 19 does not carry to verses 23-27 thou hypocrite . . . that they happen to appear in the same chapter nothwithstanding.

I thought you were a bit smarter than the rest, ordinary english comprehension shld tell you Gen 1:2 and Jer 4: 23 ARE ALMOST THE SAME WORD FOR WORD!

You can't see a relation because YOU SIR ARE FIERCELY DETERMINED NOT TO. Carry on with your delusions.

look who is talking.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Miceal(m): 5:48am On Aug 14, 2008
Hi everyone,
am new here, scientist can't see/diagnos soul in a human being likewise u cannot understand God with ur human inteligent, many nigerians has witness miracle or exprienced God in their lives, faith is required to believe in God no matter if ur rich or poor
truth is bitter
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by huxley(m): 8:47am On Aug 14, 2008
davidylan:

Can this man read at all? I asked him to read Gen 1:2 and give us his opinion he's busy reading Jer 4:19 . . . verse 19 does not carry to verses 23-27 thou hypocrite . . . that they happen to appear in the same chapter nothwithstanding.

You can't see a relation because YOU SIR ARE FIERCELY DETERMINED NOT TO. Carry on with your delusions.

I drew you attention to Jer 4:19 to show you what the context of Jer 4 is. It is clearly about a foreseen destruction and desolation coming to the land. This destruction is described in the language of Genesis 1:1-2. That is the only commonality i saw in these two sections.

If I grant you your premise that Jer 4:23-27 is exactly Gen 1:1-2, how does that show that there once existed a pre-Adamite world? That is what we are after.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by iyc(m): 9:48am On Aug 14, 2008
This is what I was trying to forewarn against. Now people are going on with an argument about religion and trying to justify their perception of the bible. I think that is all wrong and very dangerous.

The subject matter is a request for advice on how to respond to his friend, and truly what i see is more confusion than cohesion. If you choose not to believe in God, that is basically your kettle of fish. Th emost a Christian can dofor you is to minister and to pray for you. We face a great risk when we go on about bible verses which we do not even understand.

Arguments do not help learning, because we often talk more than we listen. We always want to come out right, that is the objective in arguments. We have not been able to help out much here and, at the rate the posts are coming in, it is not looking like there is a movement towards providing the answers that will assist in solving the issue.

Ultimately relationship with God is a personal thing, so each individual is to develop a personal relationship. Like I said earlier, God is too big for one religion. I am a Catholic, but this is my belief. The bible says judge not, so that you may not be judged. People are going on running others down because of their belief, this is risky business.

The essence of the first post was not to trigger an argument about religion, but to get help in achieving a stated objective. I believe this request was directed at those who believe in God and have an understanding of his word, however its been an allcomers affair so far and the solution is far from being provided. Let us stop digressing and stay tuned to the issue here. Me I think that a gift of a bible, supported with consistent prayers will help. Your friend has to seek the answers out himself, and the most anyone can do is to help guide him. If the man is angry with God and hates him, then it is obvious he beleives there is a God. The answers to his questions can only be provided by God through his word, and
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by dexmond: 10:10am On Aug 14, 2008
First, I know what this guy wants to achieve- to disprove the truths of the bible. I will attempt to provide answers as much as I could. The answers are subject to your fair scrutiny. Some of the answers are qoutes from other sources.

1. Lucifer and every other angel were created perfect  before the thought of rebellion entered into their mind. Remember every on of us has will.  Those things which God revealed about Himself in the bible is the much we can know about Him.

2. Salvation is not by birth nor by inheritance. You become born-again, accept JESUS as the lord of your life, and you are saved!

3.Which particular evidence? Evolution is a theory and not a fact. Darwin himself acknowledged it as a theory. The so called missing link has not been found even with millions of fosils at their disposal. The so called carbon dating is not reliable. Scientists know that!

4. To prove  the existence of God is like prooving that the wind  exists- you can feel it but you can see it. We know it does exist ,but it is a spiritual matter. Only those who have their spiritual mind exercised can know it , as for the carnal mind, sorry, they will continue to search once they are not sincere about their reason.

5. There are so much sufferings because of the enterance of SIN. Moreover, you can not blame God for man inhumanity aganist fellow man.

6. Man is not a failed experiment. It is because of the fact that the Devils thought that they have succeeded in destroying the project that God made provision for JESUS. Ofcourse, you know the entire course of evil is not happy about it . That explains the hatred for christinaity since its advent. But the world should not worry, the church is about to leave by the imminent rapture.

7. Nowhere in the Bible is it specifically stated that Moses wrote the entire Pentateuch. But the Bible specifically attributed the laws to him. Exodus 17:14;
Joshua 1:7-8:

I do not understand the rest of you addendum.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:22am On Aug 14, 2008
Well said to all parties but I think the time has come for us to take a more systematic approach to this discourse.
First I want to note that the only place you find christians united is when you try to question the existence of God and after that is over they just go ahead and tear at each other until they can form at least 30000. I just posted in a thread about a pastor that drowned himself while trying to do baptism which is a very fundamental part of christianity and just there the catholics start going at the other denominations as to how it should be done.
With your permission my friends with questions lets start from inside the religions and then move outwards towards the existence of the Supreme being and I hope you Christian brothers agree.
If every party agree maybe one side should take the initiative and start with a very very good foundation which for the christians and muslims which is do you christians and muslims agree that your holy books are AMBIGUOUS?
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by CBTonline(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2008
Hello My Nairalander,

People without solution will only suggest and make recommendations except for few who are ready to take the horns by the bull.

Kindly tell us the name of your friend and jointly we cry to God in the unity of faith and expect the LORD ALMIGHTY to intervene in his case. But of course, GOD has solved worse cases than his, so his should not be an exception.

For those that believe that there is a GOD in Heaven, the Father of our LORD JESUS, we'll pray for him and believe GOD to touch him.

And for those that are busy speaking english, the LORD loves you still. Repent and draw nearer to the LORD.

Before long, your friend will begin to preach and win souls for JESUS.

GOD bless you as you do.

You can send his name to my GSM 08023189838 and i'll pray for him and also talk to my father in the LORD to pray alongside with me. GOD will definitely reveal the true cause of his challenges and the solution will not be farfetched.

Regards

Chidi
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by dexmond: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2008
@IYC

I quietly agree with u. But we have to respond to the question that made the man to become fraustrated. If those question were the things that made him confused, I think we have attempted to answer them.

The the man that requeted advice for his friend tell him that all that he needed is an experience with JESUS of nazareth.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by iyc(m): 10:41am On Aug 14, 2008
I think the last few notes are getting the point. Let those who are led pray for the guy, and the friend should buy him a bible.

Salvation is from God, the most man can do is hope and pray. It is well, these are the preludes that make for great testimonies. Imagine Paul before he was arrested by Jesus.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by oyekumbi(f): 10:54am On Aug 14, 2008
I quite agree wit "Lady" on dis mata. The best thin to do for ur friend is to PRAY for him. Only God can answer all these questions, HIS ways are unsearchable and are all MYSTERIES. Thing u canot undastand wit ur mind xcept u wanna go mad. Just believe in Him and I bet He'll show Himself to ur friend. U know the funny tin, people like ur friend really go extreme when they eventually realise au true GOD is.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Laibankz: 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2008
@poster
i dont knw y people doubt d existence of God?
ask your friend how his forefathers were created, definately he cant answer dat.
though it can b confusung @times but we just have to accept that God lives and he is the supreme being
My dear if he tries to find the existence of God he would only be wasting his time.
Offer him a bible and as a christian brother make him know that what is happenin now is for a reason and it will end soon.
Good luck bro!!!!!
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by eminemkayc: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2008
I quite agree wit "Lady" on this mata. The best thin to do for your friend is to PRAY for him. Only God can answer all these questions, HIS ways are unsearchable and are all MYSTERIES. Thing u canot undastand wit your mind xcept u want to go mad. Just believe in Him and I bet He'll show Himself to your friend. You know the funny tin, people like your friend really go extreme when they eventually realise au true GOD is.

I THINK THIS SUMS IT ALL UP!! wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

"Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church / Pastor Adeboye: I Don't Reply My Enemies Because Of This... / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.