Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? (11409 Views)

Poll: Do You Sometimes Wish You Weren't Married?

Yes.: 11% (15 votes)
Sometimes.: 22% (29 votes)
Never.: 15% (20 votes)
Not married yet.: 50% (64 votes)
This poll has ended

Do You Ladies Ever Wished To Get Married To Virgin Males ? / If You Weren't Afraid To Be Alone... / Ever Text A Wrong Message And Wished You Could Make Correction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by HIROSHI: 11:13pm On Oct 14, 2008
zheroes:

should i say one would wish he or she were still single if they were not ccompletely contented with their spouse, if i am very satisfied with the lady i married atleast to a resonable extent, the thought of being single will be a nightmare.

or should the topic have been: Do You Sometimes Wish you were married to someone else?

It is not about regretting your marriage. It is more about seeking a little break from the routine/hassles/clingy-knots and so on.
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by gamechange(m): 12:47am On Oct 15, 2008
It is only natural to wish one is not married, thereby single, from time to time, it is even safe and harmless to throw oneself down memory lane (old partner etc) in our period of anger and annoyance, a little escapism can help us calm down.

The most important thing in any marriage is that both parties are committed 100%, because soon enough after a few years marriage can quite easily transgress to companionship with benefits.

Typically when kids set in, which usually signifies the end of honeymoon, focus will shift to catering for them and affection between papa and mama begins to suffer, this is when the phrase 'working on your marriage' has cogent meaning.
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by beecrofty(m): 1:17am On Oct 15, 2008
Anytime i see a fine ass gurl i just go down memory lane, wish i could get some like i used to but nah, damn, sometimes a brother just wishes he could change status for a minute!!! grin
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by cabali(m): 8:51am On Oct 15, 2008
No matter how lovely it is for either spouse, there is a time; probably a split second when you wish you were just single.
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by cabali(m): 8:56am On Oct 15, 2008
Meanwhile on the polls of this thread, 'YES' and 'SOMETIMES' mean the same dont they
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by smooooooth: 9:02am On Oct 15, 2008
if you are marrried to the right person, you can enjoy marriage really good, and the best thing about marrying the right person is there is always a vent to express what ever mood you feeing, in other words you can both feel single and married when ever you choose. true love brings freedom.
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by krama(m): 9:34am On Oct 15, 2008
Not only do i sometimes wish i wasn't married. . . i want OUT! grin       . . . or am i just kiddin?
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by zukkymike(m): 9:55am On Oct 15, 2008
[quote][/quote]Meanwhile on the polls of this thread, 'YES' and 'SOMETIMES' mean the same don't they

i wonder
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by carmelily: 10:11am On Oct 15, 2008
cabali:

Meanwhile on the polls of this thread, 'YES' and 'SOMETIMES' mean the same don't they

And what is NOT MARRIED YET doing on the poll?
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by ogodona(f): 11:57am On Oct 15, 2008
during my early years in marriage,sometimes i used to have a negative thought about marriage but now that i'm an old cargo in marriage i'm loving it every passing day and i could never wish of not being married. kiss
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2008
i like the word ''old cargo'' it really made me wink grin

like u have no choice but to love ya marriage by force lipsrsealed grin true talk
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by nuru(m): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2008
Its true that no matter how well one is enjoying marriage, there are moments that as humans, one sort of wonder if things at that that moment would have been different if one weren't married or even mariied to a particular person. That is not to say there is a wish to go back to being single or switching spouse. Its just like one wondering what life would have been if you had attended Unilag instead of OAU or read Engineering instead of Sociology.
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by Ebonyj(f): 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2008
Occasionally, like when my single friends are going out and I know the sort of place is not meant for married women. Or when my hubby reallly pisses me off, I mean reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly pisses me off.

TBH though, I would never let go of my marriage, Olorun onije. Love my hubby and son to much to do that and willing to tolerate almost anything except repeated unfaithfulness and domestic violence.
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by cabali(m): 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2008
krama:

Not only do i sometimes wish i wasn't married. . . i want OUT! grin . . . or am i just kiddin?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by HIROSHI: 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2008
cabali:

Meanwhile on the polls of this thread, 'YES' and 'SOMETIMES' mean the same don't they

'Yes' means of course! very often

while 'Sometimes' means not too often but from time to time.

carmelily:

And what is NOT MARRIED YET doing on the poll?

'Not Married Yet' wasn't there originally, someone must have sneaked it in while men slept. May be the moderator(s) modified the polls.
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by Mugabe(m): 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2008
pls am hungry for marriage.its should nt be a problem for any man that can afford it
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by Angolobabe(f): 5:56pm On Oct 16, 2008
i never regret geting married but i think i need space sometimes smiley
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by gailnaba(f): 9:07pm On Oct 16, 2008
really, really, i would marry and unmarry as many times as possible as long as its to the same guysmiley
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by sistajay(f): 10:10pm On Oct 16, 2008
I'm a single girl, I can truly say I'm glad I aint married.
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by OMOKAKA1: 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2008
i agree with everybody's views, i have been married for 10 years and i still love my husband dearly, his pampering has not been limited either
but sincerely i sometimes  wish i a single again especially,
when you can hardly find time to think about yourself, all you are concerned about is your kids and husband.
now tell me after a hot argurment. what goes round in your pretty head?
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by OMOKAKA1: 2:24pm On Oct 17, 2008
somebody said marriage ke??
let me tell you the early you wake up from your fairytales on marriage the better. , and they lived happily afterwards only happens in the mills and boons, and love films.
marriage are not for children, that is why the bible said . a man "not a boy" will leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife and they shall become one. are you mentally, physically, psychologically and financially READY. to meet all the challenges marriage rows throws at YOU?

the aspect of no disagreement has to be ruled out. because God said "when" you go through fire he will be with you , he will make a way in the deserts and make you an overcomer. God did not promise his children total free trial, he said we shall ovwercome!!! examine yourself veryyyyyyy well because to the see the angel in your partner treat them the way you would lke to be treated.

BLESSED ARE THE MARRIED ALL OVER THE WORLD, FOR THEY SHALL BE REMAINED MARRIED. smiley
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by Classigal(f): 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2008
krama:

Not only do i sometimes wish i wasn't married. . . i want OUT! grin . . . or am i just kiddin?

I hope so. grin
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by krama(m): 9:36pm On Oct 21, 2008
. . . cheesy
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by nypha: 9:19am On Oct 27, 2008
I am a new comer to naira land, but I do follow some postings/topics from time to time, and laugh it out when there are funny issues and responses.

To the topic of this thread.

I believe its not only when you are married that you sometimes wish to out of it. It happens as well in unmarried relationships. But when you are married, its a more different issue because, you've tied the nots.

I am in a very healthy marriage with my hubby, but that does not mean that I do not sometimes wish to be single. Like sometimes, I want to simply have cereals and just go to bed, I want to go clubbing alone but hubby wants to come along. Traveling with my hubby is fun and lovely, but I sometimes want to travel alone.

These are things you sometimes want to do alone, stay longer on the net, but hubby would love you to join him in bed when its night time.
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by loveore(f): 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2008
Jennykadri, u have spoken my mind and shared my sentiment about marriage.  I too have a wonderful marriage but no matter how sweet and good any marriage is there are still times you wished you were saved the encumbrances of marriage.  Such times when you want to be yourself but 'because you remember, you are married, you have to do otherwise in deference to your spouse. 

I come back home sometimes after a tiring day, I can't go straight to bed, my marital obligation reminds me that I am a wife, therefore, I need to cook and certainly do some domestic chores even with the engagement of a househelp!

My novels are another aspect of my life that I had, to a large extent, forgo in order to take care of my home.

Mind u, I am not saying that my spouse is insensitive to my needs or does not help but it cannot be all the time.

When I was single, I could do away with night cooking or other chores, take my bath and simply hit the bed with my novel!

Now! that is luxury to me.
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by damiso(f): 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2008
Still relatively a newbie in the job(marriage) so still loving it at the moment esp considering the fact that i had to endure a long distance relationship,but as young as i amin the game, i understand the need to sometimes do things alone that being married sometimes does nto give you the luxury to.An example was about two weeks ago when i was tired of cooking, he was tired too(my hubby is a good cook he is just lazy nowadays) we had to order take out alotas i was tired and he was working alot.After about 4 days, i started feeling guilty about the resources we were spending, even though he was not complaining but i guess being a wife just does your head in to the whole taking care of your man thing.When i was still single if we like make we eat take out for the whole year ba wahala,i would even rejoice that i was experimenting new dishes and restaurants .So i guess by the time i am in it for a couple of more years there are times when i would crave the carefree life of a single girl(thats why i believe every girl should have a bit of independence before marriage and so would not resent her marriage in later years, thinking of what she has missed)
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by desthan(m): 7:29pm On Oct 27, 2008
never, infact i cherish de day i got married, cuz its all bout me n my friend, i allow her to wear wateva makes her happy, i allow my wife to do wateva pleases her cuz dats wat bring out de best in her, i don't need to wait on her to cook, if i come home on time, i fix dinner for my wife n my kids, n make sure i feed her on bed. she is my wife and not my slave, she must be happy, cuz dats was de promise i made to her. sometime we get tired, we jus eat out n 4get de rest. its jus de two of us, don't want my wife to look older than her age jus becos of overlabour at home. i hv no regrets watsoeva, even wish we were married since we were in primary school, gaddamit. i love you hon, u're de best forever.
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by victorian(f): 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2008
@DESTAN, awwwh thats sweet of you smiley you are so considerate as a husband, sometimes, sorry to say but most married women look tired and over laboured lipsrsealed But its good to be married, smileyi agree but both parties involve should balance the equation by being considerate.
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by carmelily: 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2008
@Desthan

I hope your wife appreciates what she's got. you're such a sweet man!
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by lucabrasi(m): 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2008
@poster
if you or anyone in a marriage has gotten to a stage where they wish they wernt married,then its time to evaluate what they r actually getting out of it and reasons/priorities in the marriage cause it seems to me as that kind of marriage is in a rut and needs a quick rescue
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by MrCrackles(m): 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2008
i cant tell yet

why?

because i am not fucking married!! cheesy
Re: Do You Sometimes Wished You Weren't Married? by Kutey: 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2008
@Desthan
If more men were like you there would be so many happy women around. Honestly you nearly brought tears to my eyes,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? / Would You Date A Guy Without A Car? / As I grow Older....The Negative Impacts Of These Acts Starts Showing Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.