Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (639355 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
JacksonMS:
I don't know whether I m an extreme introvert or I have a disorder.
I find it hard to talk to people even my family members. In my 22 years on Earth I have not talk to a girl for more than 5mins. I m always sad and angry with everybody.
You are Melancholic

https://temperaments.fighunter.com/?page=melancholic
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sard(m): 9:22am On May 01, 2019
R2bees:
Who else can't lead a prayer in religious gatherings??
My introversion doesn't reach that level.
I do lead prayers often. I always keep it short though.
But I also teach in a religious class regularly, with the majority of the students being adolescents and young adults. It has helped me a lot to speak to people as most of them often see me as a respected figure and would like to speak with me after class/church service.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ehix89(m): 10:01am On May 01, 2019
DonOms:

Hi. All these have nothing to do with introversion or shyness.
As for sleeping during lectures, while it is biological to feel fatigue when learning something new, I think you may need to check your lifestyle and health as it is not so normal in your case.

If you have the habit of sleeping late, check it! Sleep early and try to wake up early. Exercise regularly too to keep fit. Eat healthy foods. If there are health concerns, see a doctor.
embarassed

If only you don't mind
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ultimategeneral: 10:34am On May 01, 2019
alright, guys here is what I have for us. I might not be the op of this thread, but I think we can help ourselves by learning our weaknesses and asking for ways to improve on them. for instance an introvert can hardly be employed as a sales representative

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sleepking(m): 4:35pm On May 01, 2019
JacksonMS:
I don't know whether I m an extreme introvert or I have a disorder.
I find it hard to talk to people even my family members. In my 22 years on Earth I have not talk to a girl for more than 5mins. I m always sad and angry with everybody.
U have a disorder
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sleepking(m): 4:39pm On May 01, 2019
Sard:

My introversion doesn't reach that level.
I do lead prayers often. I always keep it short though.
But I also teach in a religious class regularly, with the majority of the students being adolescents and young adults. It has helped me a lot to speak to people as most of them often see me as a respected figure and would like to speak with me after class/church service.
I like your signature, quite sophisticated.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LeiderJa: 10:19am On May 02, 2019
These days, I aim to suppress the introvert in me a bit.

I've come a long way from a guy who wasn't comfortable when other people's skin touched his skin. A few years ago, I couldn't even say hi or muster the wit to navigate a conversation.

Now, I can talk and joke with anyone. Even if it's normal for an average person to converse, it's a win for me each time I make small take. I literally do a fist pump.

Now I'm trying to summon the will to talk to girls at events or on the road or at impulse. I certainly can ask for directions but now I have to up my game. I'm gonna go from 94% introvert to 60% introvert.

9 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 02, 2019
sleepking:
U have a disorder
can you recommend any solution please cry cry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 02, 2019
sleepking:
U have a disorder
do I need to see physiotherapy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Kceefresh19: 8:06am On May 04, 2019
Wow!.. Glad to see there are people like me
I don't know what's wrong with me though
I like keeping to myself, I hardly express my feelings except when I'm angry
Love to stay indoors smiley.. When I'm in my hostel, you'll hardly know i'm around
I love my privacy as well.
I try as hard as much to avoid conflict... I don't talk to strangers in buses
In fact, if you start a conversation with me in a bus, you'll regret it grin

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Apus: 8:51am On May 04, 2019
I don't get why pple deem it necessary for an introvert to socialize and meet people often. The world out there is full of selfish individuals who will waste no time to rubbish your good nature(my experience: being an introvert) which may cause you to slip into greater depression. So, it is not imperative as an introvert to make friends especially those they are not comfortable with. Trust me there are droves of friendly foes out there.

The key thing is to discover yourself, know what makes you happy and stick to it.

May your intuition guide you.

Good day!

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 04, 2019
I Hate it when someone keeps looking at me.. Stop ffs!! Except you are a fine girl. hehehe

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Apus: 6:23pm On May 04, 2019
R2bees:
I Hate it when someone keeps looking at me.. Stop ffs!! Except you are a fine girl. hehehe

Lols!! dem dey appr8 God work for ur body na.

Truely, those piercing looks can cause discomfort. On a good day I just stare back or pretend not to notice.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 04, 2019
Apus:

Lols!! dem dey appr8 God work for ur body na.

Truely, those piercing looks can cause discomfort. On a good day I just stare back or pretend not to notice.

I can't even stare back..To maintain eye contact na war

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Optional12345(m): 10:01am On May 05, 2019
Kceefresh19:
Wow!.. Glad to see there are people like me
I don't know what's wrong with me though
I like keeping to myself, I hardly express my feelings except when I'm angry
Love to stay indoors smiley.. When I'm in my hostel, you'll hardly know i'm around
I love my privacy as well.
I try as hard as much to avoid conflict... I don't talk to strangers in buses
In fact, if you start a conversation with me in a bus, you'll regret it grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chai, you are like my old self

Anyway, I have moved away a little from such.

I am also an introvert. Happy reading all your comments here.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MrPENIS(m): 5:34pm On May 05, 2019
R2bees:
I can't even stare back..To maintain eye contact na war
lemme share a trick i used in overcoming this. Anytime i see a beautiful celebrity photo or in a video. I just stare at the eyes for longer periods especially the females. In my mind i just say that im greatter than them. This wrked for me though. Then i started staring at female (any one ugly or fine or mami wata) as much as i want to break contact i stil hold til they first break contact. I continued this til i was able to look pple in their face.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ebimarian: 7:01pm On May 06, 2019
SekSek:
Hello Twin! This is soooo me!!!

I wont say this is me 100%...but this is 90% me �
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Lahmeda(m): 9:17pm On May 06, 2019
Happy to be here

I found that approaching a stranger is very difficult
and I love to stay indoors and the worst part is I can't work under a person ..... All people thought about me was that am arrogant,fumbled,and of all sought

Good thing is that after I knew you finish I can play, Gist and even cracking jokes for more than I expected.

What is happening to me
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 12:36pm On May 07, 2019
Ultimategeneral:
alright, guys here is what I have for us. I might not be the op of this thread, but I think we can help ourselves by learning our weaknesses and asking for ways to improve on them. for instance an introvert can hardly be employed as a sales representative
lies!!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 12:40pm On May 07, 2019
Lahmeda:
Happy to be here

I found that approaching a stranger is very difficult
and I love to stay indoors and the worst part is I can't work under a person ..... All people thought about me was that am arrogant,fumbled,and of all sought

Good thing is that after I knew you finish I can play, Gist and even cracking jokes for more than I expected.

What is happening to me
nothing..you are normal
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Crenzywilliams(m): 1:40pm On May 08, 2019
Am an introvert and it's affected every aspect of my life. ..am not scared of the outside world or anything, I just love being on my own...I tend to observe a lot, talk only to people I know, and tend to think a lot. ..Most ppl don't just get me...even my family think am always depressed, ppl don't just seems to understand me..I love being by myself, I won't deny, sometimes it's really lonely up in my head...I think, I breath and I smile...I haven't been able to keep a relationship for over a year, girls just get bored and move on..But most of the time I block them out myself...I have no patience for drama, fake-life and stuff...y3a, it's really lonely sometimes and I admit it'll be great and nice to have someone to understand me and learn to cope with my me...
Sometimes it's a mess up in my head...I don't believe am too intelligent, and I also know I don't have a problem; am just different; and am learning to cope with it.

9 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:07am On May 09, 2019
Introverts be like "I dont give a f*ck".. *minutes later* OMG! I screwed up".

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ultimategeneral: 7:47am On May 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
lies!!
what is lies, about what I said? can you plz clarify? cuz I put hardly there.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Damzy007: 10:55am On May 10, 2019
DonOms:

Firstly, if you're an introvert, there can not be a "stop being introvert" phase. What may happen - and it does happen as you grow - is that you get to be more sociable and manage being in crowded places better. But you will always get drained when being overstimulated such as being in loud places or having to be around plenty people in a social gathering.

I'm an introvert. I'm not shy. And I am not doing bad career-wise. Does my introversion affect my career? NO. There is a high chance you are a shy person and you mistake characteristics of shyness for introversion. I think you first need to assess yourself and discover who you are. Then you will need to know where you thrive, what your interests are and what kind of skills drive you. When you know all these, you will understand yourself better and you can then choose your career wisely.
Can't agree less with you. I started working as a digital marketer a while back. I had issues sending pitch messages to my prospect for sometimes I thought it was due to being an intro but I realised this was due to my mindset. I've gotten better right now, sending tons of messages to my prospect. Thanks for your inputs.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:27am On May 11, 2019
I don't always have time to call people back, but when i do, i don't..

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:10am On May 11, 2019
Crenzywilliams:
Am an introvert and it's affected every aspect of my life. ..am not scared of the outside world or anything, I just love being on my own...I tend to observe a lot, talk only to people I know, and tend to think a lot. ..Most ppl don't just get me...even my family think am always depressed, ppl don't just seems to understand me..I love being by myself, I won't deny, sometimes it's really lonely up in my head...I think, I breath and I smile...I haven't been able to keep a relationship for over a year, girls just get bored and move on..But most of the time I block them out myself...I have no patience for drama, fake-life and stuff...y3a, it's really lonely sometimes and I admit it'll be great and nice to have someone to understand me and learn to cope with my me...
Sometimes it's a mess up in my head...I don't believe am too intelligent, and I also know I don't have a problem; am just different; and am learning to cope with it.

If only we can have your KIND in seats of POWER, things no go worst like this. Folks like you are rare breed.

I understand ya, bro.....

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:32am On May 11, 2019
Who else hides in their room when a visitor comes in the house.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by infj: 11:29am On May 11, 2019
lmao I don chop beating on top this before when I was small
R2bees:
Who else hides in their room when a visitor comes in the house.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:37am On May 11, 2019
infj:
lmao I don chop beating on top this before when I was small
Lol..My mum would drag me out

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Apus: 6:21pm On May 11, 2019
Guys is this true cos this describes my relationship with pple

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.