Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (640457 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 01, 2019
chii8:
Please, married people here,how can I make a trusted friend aside my husband? I just want to make a friend but seems not to get the right person, it's beginning to drive me crazy.....(please don't quote me)
Don't quote me yen yen yen..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chii8(f): 8:44am On Jun 01, 2019
DonOms:
If we don't quote you, how are we to directly answer you?

Making trusted friends should firstly not be sought desperately else you might be making a mistake because you're not being careful (you can never be too careful). So calm down and don't let it drive you crazy.

A trusted friend can be found in anyone. So you simply need to observe those that come into your life and assess whether they're worth it or not. This can be a colleague at work, an acquaintance on your street or that friendly person in church or mosque. Ensure you look out for qualities like trustworthiness, discreetness, maturity; someone not envious or mischievous, highly moral and so on....whether it's a man or woman.

There are already people in your life so you can even pick one. Think thoroughly about the potential people and measure their capability to be trusted. You can even 'test' them to see if they can be confided in and measure up to what you want. You'll often discover that what you can get in far-away Sokoto might just be in your pocket.

I should add this: as a married woman, your husband should be your most trusted friend. But it's also understandable that sometimes it doesn't happen so.

All the best!

Thank you so much,I have been into this for 10years with just my husband alone. I came to understand that people keep friend or friends aside their spouse. Only one fits into the friendship circle but she has a lot people around her,so may not even notice me or have my time.And don't like rubbing myself all over people, I'm afraid also of the friend hurting me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chii8(f): 8:45am On Jun 01, 2019
R2bees:
Don't quote me yen yen yen..

Oga,good morning sir.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2019
chii8:
Please, married people here,how can I make a trusted friend aside my husband? I just want to make a friend but seems not to get the right person, it's beginning to drive me crazy.....(please don't quote me)
friends can make or mar you.. be careful...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
number5:
Been following for a long time, never commented...

usually stick around to read comments and enjoy knowing what 'weird' people think about themselves...

struggled with my chronic introversion since my childhood and i only came to peace when i realised it was my greatest gift and stregnth and never a curse or weirdness..

well, the signature effects of zero socializing, apt shyness, disability to maintain a convo and all of that still here...

but what my introversion has given me, i wouldnt trade it for nothing else.. its been a total adventure watching the whole world go crazy and all from the comfort of inside my head...

its even better knowing that i am not the only one, cheers

You need to grow up dude
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Avast(m): 4:54am On Jun 02, 2019
chii8:

Thank you so much,I have been into this for 10years with just my husband alone. I came to understand that people keep friend or friends aside their spouse. Only one fits into the friendship circle but she has a lot people around her,so may not even notice me or have my time.And don't like rubbing myself all over people, I'm afraid also of the friend hurting me.
It really depend on the reason you want to keep friends. We are all your friends here.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 02, 2019
chii8:

My own husband doesn't even want to be my trusted friend. Always hassling me about ' who is your best friend', ' who do you visit'? 'nobody is as introverted as you in this whole world', he knew me like this before marriage oooo.
I thought we would be able to share like a best friend bond after marriage but he didn't want that. He has gone to bring his childhood friend from another state to live with us. The two of them are always together and I now feel like the third party or clog in their wheel. I used to try initially to join their conversations but he would just ignore me sometimes or dismiss me. His friend is a jealous person and that one sometimes laughs when he does that.

The truth is that I actually have like two ' friends' in our area that I am a bit close to but they themselves are extremely extroverted and everybody is their friend, lol. So I can't call them close friends.

Sometimes it gets depressing though. If I was more outgoing maybe I would have been able to find a spouse that I really gel with and can be best friends with. But introversion and genotype issues just severely limited my chances of finding that type of person.

I can't see the option of pm in your profile, I would have sent you one.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by number5(m): 11:56am On Jun 02, 2019
Xzbit91:

You need to grow up dude

nope... u need to grow up... its your kind that make people feel bad bout their temperament...the reason we have so many fakeness in the world as it is today is people trying to "grow" cos others like u see em as immature and/or unfortunate cos of their temperament...think about someone asking u to grow up from who u are now cos they dnt dig ur kind of person and see's deir kind of person as the ultimate.. sanguines and choleric always wanting others to "grow" from being melancholic and/or phlegmatic... only nigerians who are all knowing thinks so backwards. smh

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Avast(m): 11:58am On Jun 02, 2019
Hiqma:

My own husband doesn't even want to be my trusted friend. Always hassling me about ' who is your best friend', ' who do you visit'? 'nobody is as introverted as you in this whole world', he knew me like this before marriage oooo.
I thought we would be able to share like a best friend bond after marriage but he didn't want that. He has gone to bring his childhood friend from another state to live with us. The two of them are always together and I now feel like the third party or clog in their wheel. I used to try initially to join their conversations but he would just ignore me sometimes or dismiss me. His friend is a jealous person and that one sometimes laughs when he does that.

The truth is that I actually have like two ' friends' in our area that I am a bit close to but they themselves are extremely extroverted and everybody is their friend, lol. So I can't call them close friends.

Sometimes it gets depressing though. If I was more outgoing maybe I would have been able to find a spouse that I really gel with and can be best friends with. But introversion and genotype issues just severely limited my chances of finding that type of person.

I can't see the option of pm in your profile, I would have sent you one.
Hmmmm, I do ask myself why people think there is something special about being married. I can categorically say that marriage is over hype. I feel your pain dear,but since you already there you gat no choice but to create an empire of love with your children.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
Avast:

Hmmmm, I do ask myself why people think there is something special about being married. I can categorically say that marriage is over hype. I feel your pain dear,but since you already there you gat no choice but to create an empire of love with your children.

If you find your soul mate marriage is actually very beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Avast(m): 2:33am On Jun 03, 2019
Hiqma:

If you find your soul mate marriage is actually very beautiful.
I sent you dm
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 5:37am On Jun 03, 2019
number5:

nope... u need to grow up... its your kind that make people feel bad bout their temperament...the reason we have so many fakeness in the world as it is today is people trying to "grow" cos others like u see em as immature and/or unfortunate cos of their temperament...think about someone asking u to grow up from who u are now cos they dnt dig ur kind of person and see's deir kind of person as the ultimate.. sanguines and choleric always wanting others to "grow" from being melancholic and/or phlegmatic... only nigerians who are all knowing thinks so backwards. smh

The introvert rage grin grin

Grow up dude. You're not going to remain a kid forever.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by callmemercy(f): 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2019
I just stumbled on this post and I am really glad the OP decided to start this thread.

For me, life as an introvert has been one big roller-coaster. I became an introvert when I got into junior high school, a once bubbling child just suddenly started craving privacy. It was a huge change and my mom just didn't know what to do.

As an adult now, I crave my privacy fiercerly. I rarely meet up with online friends, I have online friends I have been chatting with and haven't even met and don't think I wanna meet.
I can strike up a conversation with a new face, but I look out for the person's reaction to determine if to sustain or cut off the convo. But around my family and the few scattered close friends I have, I am a clown.
When I'm outdoors, I, literally, feel as if I'm being suffocated. I get bored easily, but I'm curious, so I read up a lot.

I hate unnecessary talks or critical talks especially if it relates to my looks or lack of make up, I have learned to defend myself by being sarcastic or just give a blank look. I am still shy, but not as terribly shy as I used to be.

I love writing and it has always been my means of escape.
I dunno if this an introvert trait, but I can be unyielding most times, I never do anything I don't wanna do, no matter the amount of cajoling involved.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2019
callmemercy:
I just stumbled on this post and I am really glad the OP decided to start this thread.

For me, life as an introvert has been one big roller-coaster. I became an introvert when I got into junior high school, a once bubbling child just suddenly started craving privacy. It was a huge change and my mom just didn't know what to do.

As an adult now, I crave my privacy fiercerly. I rarely meet up with online friends, I have online friends I have been chatting with and haven't even met and don't think I wanna meet.
I can strike up a conversation with a new face, but I look out for the person's reaction to determine if to sustain or cut off the convo. But around my family and the few scattered close friends I have, I am a clown.
When I'm outdoors, I, literally, feel as if I'm being suffocated. I get bored easily, but I'm curious, so I read up a lot.

I hate unnecessary talks or critical talks especially if it relates to my looks or lack of make up, I have learned to defend myself by being sarcastic or just give a blank look. I am still shy, but not as terribly shy as I used to be.

I dunno if this an introvert trait, but I can be unyielding most times, I never do anything I don't wanna do, no matter the amount of cajoling involved.
Ambivert... Pop like bubbles, here and there. I notice that most Ambiverts are funny, if not all.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Apus: 11:40pm On Jun 03, 2019
callmemercy:

This is so me.

While growing up, i was all shades of trouble. Rarely stayed home but busy gallivanting the whole neighbourhood with friends. All of a sudden i became self conscious of myself and started withdrawing from my erstwhile social life. I laugh real hard at myself when i think of what i have become. Imagine, the once notorious me is now someone who has been indoor for the past 3days now just pressing phone,reading and watching movies.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by callmemercy(f): 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2019
R2bees:
Ambivert... Pop like bubbles, here and there. I notice that most Ambiverts are funny, if not all.

And here I was thinking that I am funny cuz I am the last child

Smh grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by callmemercy(f): 11:47pm On Jun 03, 2019
Apus:

This is so me.

While growing up, i was all shades of trouble. Rarely stayed home but busy gallivanting the whole neighbourhood with friends. All of a sudden i became self conscious of myself and started withdrawing from my erstwhile social life. I laugh real hard at myself when i think of what i have become. Imagine, the once notorious me is now someone who has been indoor for the past 3days now just pressing phone,reading and watching movies.

Lol, you just made me remember the beatings I used to receive from my mom while growing up. I eventually had to devise the innocent look so as to escape beatings.

And really, it's funny when I look back to my younger days and try to compare those days with my present. The contrast is vast.

But honestly, being an introvert may have ruined some things.
I hope it hasn't ruined anything for you as well?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
callmemercy:

And here I was thinking that I am funny cuz I am the last child

Smh grin
Lol.. I'm the first born.. I roll very well with our last born more than anyone other of my siblings.. How's your relationship with your eldest sibling like?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by callmemercy(f): 11:56pm On Jun 03, 2019
R2bees:
Lol.. I'm the first born.. I roll very well with our last born more than anyone other of my siblings.. How's your relationship with your eldest sibling like?

I have just one elder sister and I would describe our relationship as crazy grin

When we are alone, she believes one of my nuts must have come unscrewed since she accidentally dropped me when I was a baby.

But when we are outdoors, I can freeze her out if I want to, which I do sometimes, and she has to practically draw me out of my shell.

But you have to admit that most last kids are funny

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Apus: 12:03am On Jun 04, 2019
callmemercy:

Lol, you just made me remember the beatings I used to receive from my mom while growing up. I eventually had to devise the innocent look so as to escape beatings.

And really, it's funny when I look back to my younger days and try to compare those days with my present. The contrast is vast.

But honestly, being an introvert may have ruined some things.
I hope it hasn't ruined anything for you as well?

Funny... i was like d black sheep of d family back then.

I've lost a great deal of old friends or atleast for lack of communication. Tried a reunion with some old friends years ago. It didn't work out. I just felt lost in their midst. Right now i prefer dealing with pple in their little doses.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by callmemercy(f): 12:27am On Jun 04, 2019
Apus:

Funny... i was like d black sheep of d family back then.

I've lost a great deal of old friends or atleast for lack of communication. Tried a reunion with some old friends years ago. It didn't work out. I just felt lost in their midst. Right now i prefer dealing with pple in their little doses.

I totally suck at the communication thing too, and if I try to keep in touch with someone and it isn't reciprocated.
I gladly stay out of touch.

I havent tried attending a reunion yet, I may end up being bored.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kaybills(m): 10:02am On Jun 04, 2019
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Avast(m): 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2019
kaybills:
Yea sometimes it really feels bad not having friends nor the ones who can understand you.

But we are already in this kind of temperament, and of course it doesn't make anyone less human apart from that it sucks sometimes.

I have had very nice fellas as friends, but they are few, though they changed with time. I haven't been able to make new ones since moving to Lagos over a year now.

So I would like meet new ones here, especially those born before the 90s

I think it's step to know we are all we need to get better.

Regards!
You have one already. I will dm you.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
Avast:

I sent u dm, I will like you to advice me on something. Thanks

I didn't see any message.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Avast(m): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hiqma:

I didn't see any message.
Will try again
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by number5(m): 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
Xzbit91:

The introvert rage grin grin
Grow up dude. You're not going to remain a kid forever.
lol. maturity for you is getting over your introversion....
I've heard alot of rubish, this one is new..
keep living your fake life.. I'll stick to my childish fantasies
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
callmemercy:

I have just one elder sister and I would describe our relationship as crazy grin

When we are alone, she believes one of my nuts must have come unscrewed since she accidentally dropped me when I was a baby.

But when we are outdoors, I can freeze her out if I want to, which I do sometimes, and she has to practically draw me out of my shell.

But you have to admit that most last kids are funny
So true..Our last born is one crazy boy. Lol. Our combo is maddened. He's also my best friend.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by callmemercy(f): 12:30am On Jun 05, 2019
R2bees:
So true..Our last born is one crazy boy. Lol. Our combo is maddened. He's also my best friend.

Lol... we last borns are just too much cheesy

My sister is my best friend too, she knows practically everything about me, my mom doesn't even know half of what she knows.

My sis and I combo is like innocent and the beast. People think she's the beast and I'm the innocent, but they don't know it's the other way around grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dammykrone(m): 2:10am On Jun 05, 2019
Olarewajub:
Yea, thank God for the internet. What do you do when you are embarking on a long journey with strangers?
Being An Introvert. I Read Stories And Listen To Music Throughout The Journey. This Why I Carry My Headphones And Earpods About And Make Sure I Have Enough Battery On My Phone

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dammykrone(m): 2:18am On Jun 05, 2019
Apus:

This is so me.

This So Me. I Caused Lots Of Trouble Back Then In The Neighbourhood. Later Sent To Boarding School Only To Start Craving Really Hard For My Privacy And Got Really Reserved..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shollyshine(m): 7:43am On Jun 05, 2019
It's so good to be hear... knowing am not the only one who is introverted grin grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by funkyjms: 8:19am On Jun 05, 2019
A day before birthday

On Facebook,
Change my date of birth
Turn off visibility
Block wall posting
Block tagging...

On WhatsApp,
Turn off last seen
Turn off online visibility
Turn off read receipt,
Turn off delivery receipt
Hide view status
Block WhatsApp call...

On main line,
Simple, remove SIM!
Alternate line only accessible to parent.
Yes, I crave for those raw words of prayer from her.

Me when I hear "What happened to your line yesterday bla bla..."

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.