Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636272 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kaybills(m): 6:44pm On May 21, 2019
I recently stumbled on this thread,and it's such a wonderful thread. Having read some posts, I have come to admit that I also belong here.

nellyquash:

Wooow.. Good to see this thread. Am kind of cool, but people mistake my quiteness for naivety. Still wondering why!

I am cool as well,don't talk much,and don't even know how to feign social. The funny thing is that people mistake mine for pride or feeling too big to blend with others.

If only they know how humble I am inside

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nellyquash(f): 10:37am On May 22, 2019
kaybills:

I recently stumbled on this thread,and it's such a wonderful thread. Having read some posts, I have come to admit that I also belong here.

I am cool as well,don't talk much,and don't even know how to feign social. The funny thing is that people mistake mine for pride or feeling too big to blend with others.

If only they know how humble I am inside

We are so alike...Even when i will tell myself am gonna try being free with others but still when i see them i will just run back to my shell. Am just tired jor...But in my closet i can do so many crazy things which most extrovert can't do outside self.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kaybills(m): 12:24pm On May 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kaybills(m): 12:27pm On May 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Optional12345(m): 11:50pm On May 22, 2019
bukiii:

The guy above you just described me. How did you get out of that shell? Maybe I am now better at keeping eye contact but at keeping communication, I am worst. I can't get into any relationship now because I know I have to fix this. I hardly talk to people on WhatsApp because I know after 'how are you' it'll start getting awkward.

You need to be deliberate about it.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 7:48am On May 23, 2019
bukiii:

The guy above you just described me. How did you get out of that shell? Maybe I am now better at keeping eye contact but at keeping communication, I am worst. I can't get into any relationship now because I know I have to fix this. I hardly talk to people on WhatsApp because I know after 'how are you' it'll start getting awkward.

I believe we can do anything, that includes to be anybody.
There is a difference between being your self and being the best version of your self.

There is nothing you can't change about you and there is nothing you can't fix about you.

You can either accept this is ALL OF ME,

or

You can accept there is MORE OF ME,

I have learn that the latter is true.

Your default state may be an introvert, but that's not the sum total of who you can be.

It might interest you to know that what is in your Mind is what is imprinted and replicated through out your system, this can even effect your posture, your appearance and most of your physical attributes.

So what do you put into your mind to make you who you are now?

Maybe it's time you sit down and write out what you keep "THINKING" about your self, cos this IS the key thing your mind works with.

So in summary it all boils down to OUR THINKING PROCESS,

The good thing is Introverts are deep thinkers so you are already ahead without knowing it,
So take advantage of it and be who you would like to be.

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Avast(m): 5:55am On May 24, 2019
I have been following this thread for a while, just feel like is time I write something about myself too. Actually I know am an introvert, I don't know how to relate or make friends with people and people think is pride. There is this kind of thing inside me that always tell me I can do it but I usually end up being unable to make friends. Only those that are closer to me know that I am loving, caring and naughty . When I chat with people, they will be like is that real you. In a nutshell, I love staying alone.

9 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:14am On May 25, 2019
Is Anyone having a bad feeling about the world in today? mine started a couple of days back, my heart is heavy.. seems something strange is gona happen

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Brown14: 2:26am On May 25, 2019
R2bees:
Is Anyone having a bad feeling about the world in today? mine started a couple of days back, my heart is heavy.. seems something strange is gona happen

the world is messed up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Avast(m): 4:45am On May 25, 2019
R2bees:
Many strange things will happen.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by younowell: 2:57pm On May 26, 2019
Hello my fellow introverts. Trust y'all bubbling on a low key.
As for those hating on their introvert personality all I could say is that leading a successful introvert is not an easy job as a lot of work is required. First, you just have to love yourself no matter what. Second, you have to be highly discipline as knowing when to walk, talk, quiet, socialize, refrain,etc. Third, you just have to force yourself in doing some certain things even if not convenient and doing such sometimes will require external force either through prayers, alcohol or strong will.
A lot of time as an introvert you constantly have battles within yourself or the outside world, but gradually as one get older in life especially when you now have tones of responsibilities , then you will realize that, one of the secret to winning in life's just for you to be a flexible introvert.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 26, 2019
younowell:
Hello my fellow introverts. Trust y'all bubbling on a low key.
As for those hating on their introvert personality all I could say is that leading a successful .......

Correct! You so on-point. My GF is a 'chronic' introvert too, na inside room mostly. But her 'brainy IQ' complements for her 'terrible social skills'....lolz. One wierd tin about you, Introverts dat I noticed be say: U learn 'complex skills' with ease.

I think me na 'ambivert' sha..... lolz

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by younowell: 6:39pm On May 26, 2019
lordskid:

Correct! You so on-point. My GF is a 'chronic' introvert too, na inside room mostly. But her 'brainy IQ' complements for her 'terrible social skills'....lolz. One wierd tin about you, Introverts dat I noticed be say: U learn '[b][b]complex skills' with ease. [/b]

I think me na 'ambivert' sha..... lolz

It's just a gift. Not every introvert can do that. But as per your introvert GF, you better treat her right cos you don't know the arsenal you have...above all try to complement her and watch her die for you.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:11pm On May 27, 2019
Hello am new here

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nellyquash(f): 9:13am On May 28, 2019
What do you guys think about this statement.....I don't pray to get married to an introvert because i feel the house will be so boring.

What are your take on this?

Let's discuss and share our views.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Avast(m): 10:43am On May 28, 2019
nellyquash:

What do you guys think about this statement.....I don't pray to get married to an introvert because i feel the house will be so boring.

Being an introvert has nothing to do with that. I am an introvert, you can never regret spending a day with me. Some extrovert can't even keep their house bubble.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nellyquash(f): 1:30pm On May 28, 2019
Avast:

Being an introvert has nothing to do with that. I am an introvert, you can never regret spending a day with me. Some extrovert can't even keep their house bubble.

Am equally an introvert and fun to be with. Never a dull moment with me especially when we are close.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Avast(m): 2:37pm On May 28, 2019
nellyquash:

Am equally an introvert and fun to be with. Never a dull moment with me especially when we are close.
wink wink wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 28, 2019
younowell:

It's just a gift. Not every introvert can do that. But as per your introvert GF, you better treat her right cos you don't know the arsenal you have...above all try to complement her and watch her die for you.

Sure, bro

thanks.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by funkyjms: 9:57pm On May 28, 2019
Have you guys seen Eighth grade?
Yeah, that's an extreme introvert right there!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by PrinceJoeWan(m): 10:26pm On May 28, 2019
Hi everyone
M proudly an introvert buh am coming out of that shell � little by little since I gained admission into higher institution!!!

Just discovered this thread and glad to know that I have a family here in nairaland!!!
Pls do we have a Facebook page/group?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 11:06pm On May 29, 2019
nellyquash:

only naive people make that statement.. not all introverts are boring and even the boring ones are fun to be with when you are close to them....

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nellyquash(f): 8:19am On May 30, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
only naive people make that statement.. not all introverts are boring and even the boring ones are fun to be with when you are close to them....

Pure fact i must say. For me I'm fun to stay with never a dull moment.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ultimategeneral: 11:17am On May 30, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
thanks for heating it at the right spot Jaree. mostly those extrovert that think that party is everything.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ultimategeneral: 11:20am On May 30, 2019
seriously I hate sanguine extroverts! those guys can disturb for Africa
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ibkayee(f): 11:33am On May 30, 2019
nellyquash:

Not necessarily, they just tend to open up more to people who they’re familiar with.

Once that ice has been broken they’re just normal people who engage in the same things as everybody else. Depends on the environment they’re in.

Catch them with their close friends with similar interests vs a group of strangers/‘acquaintances’ at some kind of social event basically

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by number5(m): 9:29pm On May 30, 2019
Been following for a long time, never commented...

usually stick around to read comments and enjoy knowing what 'weird' people think about themselves...

struggled with my chronic introversion since my childhood and i only came to peace when i realised it was my greatest gift and stregnth and never a curse or weirdness..

well, the signature effects of zero socializing, apt shyness, disability to maintain a convo and all of that still here...

but what my introversion has given me, i wouldnt trade it for nothing else.. its been a total adventure watching the whole world go crazy and all from the comfort of inside my head...

its even better knowing that i am not the only one, cheers

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nellyquash(f): 8:20am On May 31, 2019
ibkayee:

Not necessarily, they just tend to open up more to people who they’re familiar with.

Once that ice has been broken they’re just normal people who engage in the same things as everybody else. Depends on the environment they’re in.

Catch them with their close friends with similar interests vs a group of strangers/‘acquaintances’ at some kind of social event basically

I agree with you 100%

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chii8(f): 2:02am On Jun 01, 2019
Please, married people here,how can I make a trusted friend aside my husband? I just want to make a friend but seems not to get the right person, it's beginning to drive me crazy.....(please don't quote me)
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 3:55am On Jun 01, 2019
If we don't quote you, how are we to directly answer you?

Making trusted friends should firstly not be sought desperately else you might be making a mistake because you're not being careful (you can never be too careful). So calm down and don't let it drive you crazy.

A trusted friend can be found in anyone. So you simply need to observe those that come into your life and assess whether they're worth it or not. This can be a colleague at work, an acquaintance on your street or that friendly person in church or mosque. Ensure you look out for qualities like trustworthiness, discreetness, maturity; someone not envious or mischievous, highly moral and so on....whether it's a man or woman.

There are already people in your life so you can even pick one. Think thoroughly about the potential people and measure their capability to be trusted. You can even 'test' them to see if they can be confided in and measure up to what you want. You'll often discover that what you can get in far-away Sokoto might just be in your pocket.

I should add this: as a married woman, your husband should be your most trusted friend. But it's also understandable that sometimes it doesn't happen so.

All the best!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.