Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636925 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by blockgeek69(m): 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2021
iamyemiakins:
If you're not on the Whatsapp group then you're sleeping on a bicycle grin

Please add me
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mboii(m): 8:05pm On Jun 18, 2021
Add me to the WhatsApp group please
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xplorex: 7:36am On Jun 19, 2021
The WhatsApp group link pls... The previous ones pasted says "the link has been reset"
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamyemiakins(m): 9:37am On Jun 19, 2021
Xplorex:
The WhatsApp group link pls... The previous ones pasted says "the link has been reset"
https://chat.whatsapp.(com)/BE7WHKOQ9WI6mqSf5QqGGi

To join the Whatsapp group, copy and paste the link above on ur browser's address/search bar, remove all spaces and brackets and go!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Apreecauts: 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
I find that I'm most comfortable in dark rooms.

Even when there's light and I'm about to read, I'll put down the curtains, switch off the light bulb and put on my reading lamp instead. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Kceefresh19: 10:09pm On Jun 21, 2021
Please add me to the group
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by lagend01: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2021
Hello
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Leisureworld(f): 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
I'm also an introvert. How I became a business person overnight I don't even know. My home is my comfort zone and my happy zone.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Albertone(m): 10:23pm On Jun 22, 2021
Leisureworld:
I'm also an introvert. How I became a business person overnight I don't even know. My home is my comfort zone and my happy zone.

I salute you business people.
I can only do a business that doesn't require physical contact.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AeroplaneApple: 12:37pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
It’s funny introverts join WhatsApp groups, like seriously? I am one and I don’t want to be added ed to any group that might stress me. I feel introverts want to be left on their own and reading more than chatting.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Liliantalks: 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2021
Rightboy:
I am an introvert as well, infact mine is the most severe type, but I am a little bit better, I will simply drop some of my attributes as an introvert and I need reactions to it.
1. As a kid growing up when I was asked to speak in public places sometimes I fall seriously ill, when I get to Uni. I joined campus fellowship and they make me an executive that is what really helped my situation a little.
2. I don't associate, I stick to only few trusted friends, if I go out and talk with people, it drains me of my energy, unless I come back to the house and stay quiet, perhaps reading books and positively thinking of how I will become wealthy. Funny enough my Dad actually prefer me staying indoors, it worsen the whole situation.
3. I hardly talk, especially in the mist of strangers. But with my friends, especially when I am happy, your guess is as good as mine.
4. Almost all the ladies I have had something with in the past as a teen growing up, directly or indirectly they all showed me the green light before I could get them down, I will like a girl but the liver will not be there to talk to her.
5. I think alot, and can become depressed through my own imagination alone,.very terrible.
The list continues, let me stop here for now, if I get some reactions I will add more..funny! But so interesting personality
same here , and I feel that’s the worst attribute about introverts , we are always on our thoughts ,analyzing everything, that’s why it’s harder for us to want to be around people, because we take note of any thinnest behavior.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Liliantalks: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
It’s funny introverts join WhatsApp groups, like seriously? I am one and I don’t want to be added ed to any group that might stress me. I feel introverts want to be left on their own and reading more than chatting.
I totally agree , WhatsApp groups go with a lot of drama , the ones I’m in , I am looking for how to leave but I just can’t. Introverts in a group, what the hell we talking about ? Pointless
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Epositive(m): 1:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
Liliantalks:
I totally agree , WhatsApp groups go with a lot of drama , the ones I’m in , I am looking for how to leave but I just can’t. Introverts in a group, what the hell we talking about ? Pointless

The group I belong to, posts are usually random from Romance to Politics to Covid-19 (especially during the lockdown) to Animals, and there are usually intellectually stimulating opinions during these discourses. Plus there are avid readers too who sometimes introduce us to new books. We also have movie freaks and a regular poster of Introvert Quotes which we can relate to.

Of course, there are not too many active posters but the ones that are, are very engaging.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2021
Liliantalks:
I was surprised myself. I don’t like groups, unless the discussion or information is productive without inputs, like a closed group.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Liliantalks: 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Like legit . Lol

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2021
iamyemiakins:
If you're not on the Whatsapp group then you're sleeping on a bicycle grin

For anyone looking to join this largely exaggerated WhatsApp group, there are better chances you'd find more meaningful discussion in the depth of a lagoon than this group.

I joined in, observed for 4 days or so and eventually exited.

Discussions are grossly unintellectual. No value.

Participants interacted more like Jambites; saturated with shallow and pointless discussions.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Elderniercri(m): 8:10pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hello everyone, good evening
I chanced upon this thread some days ago and I was on here as a guest and today I decided to introduce my.
I’m an introvert... you might say a different kind of introvert

I grew up around areas where being quiet gets you in trouble, so you sometimes have to toughen up and show you can be a gangster
As a Benin boy and someone who grew up around upper sakponba and later okhoro, 2 notorious places to raise a kid, being an intro helped me a lot

While in school, throughout my 4 years, I neither said a word to my classmates, I never asked or answered any question from my lecturers, I was largely unknown, in fact one day, I’d greeted a classmate of mine at ekosodin gate that’s 2nd semester final year and we already started exams.. her reply was “ah, so Elvis you talk?”
I was embarrassed

Over the years I’ve become more vocal, thanks to church activities and I think just tired of being unseen
I don’t know but I became more vocal, I want to go out now, although by outing I mean a movie date or just a quiet place

But every now and then, I still live in my shell, I still want to be unseen

I still very much feel like an introvert, in fact no matter how much I hide it, people still get to just know from the first meeting that I’m a shy person

Takes some high level familiarity to be able to look at ur eyes while talking

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dovies: 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hi everyone, I found this thread and I want to talk about something that has been bothering me for a few weeks. I've always known myself to be an introvert but I think its getting worse. Don't misunderstand me, I really enjoy my own company. I can stay indoors for days reading, meditating and doing my own things.

Now, I feel my colleagues think I'm snobbish. Recently, we organised a party for someone leaving our workplace and everyone planned the party, to be sincere, I wanted to go, I even got a new cloth and accessories to match. but on that day I just sent a message to the group, telling them I wont be able to come. The next few days at work was not nice for me as some people were not happy that I canceled. I have also been declining a lot of outings from my supervisor as I just want to be alone after work as talking drains my energy. But i think this may affect my chances if any opportunity arise in my job.

Finally, I've been overthinking a lot. I just want to get everything sorted on my head.

Is any other person feeling like this or I'm on my own?

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Liliantalks: 8:06am On Jun 29, 2021
dovies:
Hi everyone, I found this thread and I want to talk about something that has been bothering me for a few weeks. I've always known myself to be an introvert but I think its getting worse. Don't misunderstand me, I really enjoy my own company. I can stay indoors for days reading, meditating and doing my own things.

Now, I feel my colleagues think I'm snobbish. Recently, we organised a party for someone leaving our workplace and everyone planned the party, to be sincere, I wanted to go, I even got a new cloth and accessories to match. but on that day I just sent a message to the group, telling them I wont be able to come. The next few days at work was not nice for me as some people were not happy that I canceled. I have also been declining a lot of outings from my supervisor as I just want to be alone after work as talking drains my energy. But i think this may affect my chances if any opportunity arise in my job.

Finally, I've been overthinking a lot. I just want to get everything sorted on my head.

Is any other person feeling like this or I'm on my own?

OVERTHINKING? I think that’s one of an introvert most known identity , we are very quite so we tend to notice everything and read meaning to every thing. I’m trying to stop over thinking, it’s not easy it doesn’t even let me focus. So I understand how u feel. Just work on it, life goes on, make a concious efforts not to stress over things.

Neglecting the outside world would have been a bliss but sadly we need each other to survive on this earth, that’s why I think u need to try to attend relevant events with important persons like ur co workers, they are going to misinterpret everything as pride. They obviously want to make u feel bad for canceling , make an effort to explain to them that u were sick or something, don’t make it seem like you just didn’t want to attend.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dovies: 10:24am On Jun 29, 2021
Liliantalks:
OVERTHINKING? I think that’s one of an introvert most known identity , we are very quite so we tend to notice everything and read meaning to every thing. I’m trying to stop over thinking, it’s not easy it doesn’t even let me focus. So I understand how u feel. Just work on it, life goes on, make a concious efforts not to stress over things.

Neglecting the outside world would have been a bliss but sadly we need each other to survive on this earth, that’s why I think u need to try to attend relevant events with important persons like ur co workers, they are going to misinterpret everything as pride. They obviously want to make u feel bad for canceling , make an effort to explain to them that u were sick or something, don’t make it seem like you just didn’t want to attend.

Thank you so much for this, I usually manage to attend outings with friends before, maybe I'm not just in a good place right now. I'll try to make efforts to interact more. I've actually taken a first step which is reducing the time i spend on my phone at work this way, I can actually interact with my colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by germaphobe(m): 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2021
as an introvert I then to overthink more when i'm alone and listening to emotional songs.
so last week I told my bro to slap me each time he sees me listening to juicy wrld or xxxtantacion, but just two days of giving him the order, I feel like killing that boy. my cheeks and head don de turn red. I had to warn him this morning or else he won't be able to recognize his father when he gets back.

currently listening to "wishing well" by juice wrld

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by CsRockefeller(m): 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2021
Anchored a program about "Building Relationships" in my church today. As an introvert, I was a little bit nervous but immediately I took that mic, I owned the stage and there was no stopping me.

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by oyetpel(m): 7:17am On Jun 30, 2021
CsRockefeller:
Anchored a program about "Building Relationships" in my church today. As an introvert, I was a little bit nervous but immediately I took that mic, I owned the stage and there was no stopping me.

That's the spirit.
We introvert have a lot inside of us.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
CsRockefeller:

Niceee cool
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Annruby: 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2021
I love music and movies alot
I like being alone
I have a friend that I only see once in year
I do push people away
I prefer to do things in my own time / way
I'm very creative but because of my shyness I refuse to meet the right people.
But recently,I have been feeling different like I need to make friends, even if I'm going to still crawl back in to my shells .chaiii e no easy
Being an introvert & Virgo isn't funny .

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bennyflipy(m): 10:30pm On Jul 02, 2021
When i don't have money the level of my introvertedness increases greatly grin, like it's happening now.
I listen to a alot of rap/trap/drill music.
I recently deleted all my rnb, blues, and soul music from phone, the feeling has been good, if someone told me one day I would delete these genres of music from my phone I wouldn't have believed.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Liliantalks: 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2021
Lol

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:21am On Jul 04, 2021
CsRockefeller:

Can totally relate. Hate public speaking but once I start, I don't wanna stop.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:22am On Jul 04, 2021
Annruby:
I love music and movies alot
I like being alone
I have a friend that I only see once in year
I do push people away
I prefer to do things in my own time / way
I'm very creative but because of my shyness I refuse to meet the right people.
But recently,I have been feeling different like I need to make friends, even if I'm going to still crawl back in to my shells .chaiii e no easy
Being an introvert & Virgo isn't funny .

You are probably an INFJ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.