Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,277 members, 7,826,078 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (640392 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by jkuvira: 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2022
Albertone:

You might be an ambivert.But introvert?Nah!

Because I'm an introvert I have to keep mute in class? Keep silent even though I have the answer? If that is one of the major criterion for introversion I'd have to do some extra reading. Introversion isn't inhibition, mine doesn't inhibit me. If you do not want to talk in class you won't, be it you're an introvert, extrovert or ambivert. Besides we humans in general have the reasons why we talk or don't talk in class.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Albertone(m): 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
jkuvira:

Because I'm an introvert I have to keep mute in class? Keep silent even though I have the answer? If that is one of the major criterion for introversion I'd have to do some extra reading. Introversion isn't inhibition, mine doesn't inhibit me. If you do not want to talk in class you won't, be it you're an introvert, extrovert or ambivert. Besides we humans in general have the reasons why we talk or don't talk in class.

Introverts don't like to be in the spotlight.
Introverts are ALWAYS quiet except when with the few they are close to.

Everyone know introverts to be quiet almost always.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sherylbaky(f): 9:08pm On May 03, 2022
Albertone:

You might be an ambivert.But introvert?Nah!
Being an introvert doesn't mean u can't speak up
Albertone:

And it's depends, when it comes to creativity, intellect, knowledge and other meaningful stuff introverts don't mind being in the spotlight

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by toujurs: 9:36pm On May 06, 2022
A thread for boring psycho's. Some even talk to themselves. grin. Wierdo's

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:41am On May 08, 2022
Albertone:

Has it ever accrued to you that there are different kinds of introvert and a varying degree of introvertedness?

Some are able to over come their fears and stand tall in public. You won’t even know they are introverts until you watch them closely.

Ever wonder why working class introverts are called double or two face?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by fredkellz(m): 8:55am On May 08, 2022
I am an introvert too really keeping indoors and sometimes playout a little bit...i'd really like to clear out some issues of my chest,its a ladys talk, guys can come up too,i just wanna talk thats all anione kindly hi me on watsapp..at the end of the day am sure i wil be fine...

NB:i just wanna talk share out a few things.thanks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:09am On May 08, 2022
toujurs:
We are not psycho's, we're introverts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Albertone(m): 1:39pm On May 08, 2022
litigator:

Has it ever accrued to you that there are different kinds of introvert and a varying degree of introvertedness?

Some are able to over come their fears and stand tall in public. You won’t even know they are introverts until you watch them closely.

Ever wonder why working class introverts are called double or two face?

Those who overcame their fears and can now stand tall in public were once overshadowed by their fears.

The guy I was quoting was never at any point in time quiet and never feared the spotlight.
What type of introversion is that?

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by fredwill1357(m): 2:27pm On May 08, 2022
oyetpel:

Arbitrage
hello, about how much capital does someone need to start arbitrage trading? About how much profit in a month?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 6:24pm On May 11, 2022
Albertone:

Those who overcame their fears and can now stand tall in public were once overshadowed by their fears.

The guy I was quoting was never at any point in time quiet and never feared the spotlight.
What type of introversion is that?
These things happen

1. He could be an ambivert

2. Not every one has extreme introvert features. This is common with people with Melancholy and Choleric personalities

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 6:25pm On May 11, 2022
toujurs:
This place is not for kids, please go and take your waec lessons

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Albertone(m): 11:20pm On May 11, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
These things happen

1. He could be an ambivert

2. Not every one has extreme introvert features. This is common with people with Melancholy and Choleric personalities

With the way he described himself,I suggested he is probably an ambivert to him.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ebenezer880(m): 8:35am On May 15, 2022
I'm now really finding it hard to Express myself most time, when I'm supposed to react to thing, fight back or say NO to some request I will just answer affirmative.. which later I will feel pained and will have to go back to say NO after some days, I find it hard to keep up a conversation and most time I avoid having convo with people, my phone and mum are my best friend, am alittle shy, I hate phone calls nd prefer text messages

Most people will always say am very cool�, I DNT talk and lot more..
I just love my space...

But most time I wish to fight back

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 9:08am On May 15, 2022
ebenezer880:
I'm now really finding it hard to Express myself most time, when I'm supposed to react to thing, fight back or say NO to some request I will just answer affirmative.. which later I will feel pained and will have to go back to say NO after some days, I find it hard to keep up a conversation and most time I avoid having convo with people, my phone and mum are my best friend, am alittle shy, I hate phone calls nd prefer text messages

Most people will always say very cool�, I DNT talk and lot more..
I just love my space...

How old are u?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ebenezer880(m): 9:29am On May 15, 2022
Rubbiish:

How old are u?

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 9:39am On May 15, 2022
ebenezer880:

You are still young
By the time u start approaching 30 a lot of things will naturally change. I will also encourage u to join any group in your church where u can start contributing on issues. It will go a long way to improve your outspoken ability.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ebenezer880(m): 9:53am On May 15, 2022
Rubbiish:

You are still young
By the time u start approaching 30 a lot of things will naturally change. I will also encourage u to join any group in your church where u can start contributing on issues. It will go a long way to improve your outspoken ability.

Thank you
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Albertone(m): 1:27pm On May 15, 2022
ebenezer880:

I just love my space...

Introversion accompanies a lot of anti-social tendencies.

Sometimes,you may find yourself creating valid points after an argument is over.
You may tend to avoid confrontations with people.

Sadly they don't go away on their own.We have to work hard to overcome them.

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ebenezer880(m): 12:32am On May 22, 2022
Albertone:

Introversion accompanies a lot of anti-social tendencies.

Sometimes,you may find yourself creating valid points after an argument is over.
You may tend to avoid confrontations with people.

Sadly they don't go away on their own.We have to work hard to overcome them.

Thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Treasure17(m): 6:42pm On May 23, 2022
Rubbiish:

You are still young
Truth
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ayomi90: 8:51pm On May 23, 2022
toujurs:
You are not making sense, I don't think you are even educated. You know nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by toujurs: 5:00am On May 24, 2022
Ayomi90:

You are not making sense, I don't think you are even educated. You know nothing.
See this wierdo undecided, Taa! get out.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ayomi90: 7:28am On May 24, 2022
toujurs:
See this wierdo undecided, Taa! get out.

Na who give pikin phone? Olodo, introvert sounds weird to u, better grow up and complete your education, stop disgracing your father here.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by abdsamad(m): 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
ebenezer880:

I just love my space...

If you're also competitive, then you may try this little exercise: say NO to basically every request you get, for one week. Don't think about how bad the person will feel or whatever else, just say NO.
It's extreme and quite irrational but it may allow your brain to get its feet a little wet in that department.

Report back after a week to tell us how horribly it went.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ebenezer880(m): 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2022
abdsamad:

If you're also competitive, then you may try this little exercise: say NO to basically every request you get, for one week. Don't think about how bad the person will feel or whatever else, just say NO.
It's extreme and quite irrational but it may allow your brain to get its feet a little wet in that department.

Report back after a week to tell us how horribly it went.

Thank you
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Paayne(m): 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2022
Being an introvert sucks.
Being a broke one is worse.
Welcome to my world.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 04, 2022
ebenezer880:

I just love my space...

Simple solution. Take the personality test and join your type of introvert group on facebook. Actually join multiple groups, so you can compare your behaviour with other introverts like yourself.

The truth is, once you join these groups, you will start contributing. You are sure to find out that introverts have this weird sense of humor , double or multiple faced and are actually talkative among their kinds.

Soon you will feel comfortable in your disabilities and gradually turn it to strength. But this was what I did when I was your age. I was a bridge burner and also learnt to give them a taste of their own medicine by becoming a better person of value.

Add value to your self and monetize it. Reduce talking to people orally and have them put their request down in writing.

This way, you will be able to say no without looking them in the eye. If you keep up with your likes on closed social media space, you should be able to look them in the eye and say Capital ‘NO’ in a matter of months or a year.

Start exercising. It’s the best way to burn negative energy. Filter people that are using or manipulating you and move away from them without saying a word. It’s the best punishment you can give them.

Then learn from the assistance you render for free.

Let me break this down by giving you a real example. In my second job as a lawyer, I worked in a firm of litigators. We had so much work load and immediately my colleagues knew I don’t say no, they started loading me with their own cases.

I was practically doing the job of 3 people for half the pay of one. Cos I was earning the least pay. But I knew what I was doing. I was simply trying to learn as much as possible and accumulate knowledge within the shortest possible time.

How did this pay me?

I never knew my boss was taking notice of everything. Suddenly, he recommended me to his friend who desperately needed a vast litigator. This friends had juicy bank and multi national briefs but had little or no litigation experience.

That’s how I became head of litigation and managing associate in a tier 2 law firm. Had my own team and gain vast exposure by going against the best of the best and SAN in court. It was scary but I was also learning from them without their knowledge. Atleast you must respond to processes filed by a SAN one way or another.

Soon I became managing associate and was earning both salaries and commission.

When Covid 19 happened, I left the firm and started mine. Guess what?

The first major brief I got was from Nairaland and it paid my entire annual salary in a matter of months. Most of my ex-boss’s client followed me to my new firm and the few that didn’t, still send referrals till date.

Suddenly, God made us a lawyer’s lawyer ( hard core litigators and masters of legal technicalities).

Other lawyers take briefs and we help them do their paperwork for a fee while the go to court and argue their cases.

Hope this helped?

Shalom.

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 04, 2022
Paayne:
Being an introvert sucks.
Being a broke one is worse.
Welcome to my world.

Find your strength and monetize it joor. No introvert should be broke in this age of work from home?

The only thing I dislike about us is lack of friends, bridge burning and perfectionist tendencies.

This perfectionist tendencies sucks when you are a writer with speech and writing disabilities. I have forgotten the word for it. But then we keep learning.

Introverts are warriors and problem solvers. Broad spectrum thinkers and love pursuing knowledge via the reading of books.

So why should such a person be broke?

You have no reason joor. Go work on yourself and monetize your values.

Shalom.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nacortic(m): 8:19am On Jun 04, 2022
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ebenezer880(m): 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
litigator:

Simple solution. Take the personality test and join your type of introvert group on facebook. Actually join multiple groups, so you can compare your behaviour with other introverts like yourself.

The truth is, once you join these groups, you will start contributing. You are sure to find out that introverts have this weird sense of humor , double or multiple faced and are actually talkative among their kinds.

Soon you will feel comfortable in your disabilities and gradually turn it to strength. But this was what I did when I was your age. I was a bridge burner and also learnt to give them a taste of their own medicine by becoming a better person of value.

Add value to your self and monetize it. Reduce talking to people orally and have them put their request down in writing.

This way, you will be able to say no without looking them in the eye. If you keep up with your likes on closed social media space, you should be able to look them in the eye and say Capital ‘NO’ in a matter of months or a year.

Start exercising. It’s the best way to burn negative energy. Filter people that are using or manipulating you and move away from them without saying a word. It’s the best punishment you can give them.

Then learn from the assistance you render for free.

Let me break this down by giving you a real example. In my second job as a lawyer, I worked in a firm of litigators. We had so much work load and immediately my colleagues knew I don’t say no, they started loading me with their own cases.

I was practically doing the job of 3 people for half the pay of one. Cos I was earning the least pay. But I knew what I was doing. I was simply trying to learn as much as possible and accumulate knowledge within the shortest possible time.

How did this pay me?

I never knew my boss was taking notice of everything. Suddenly, he recommended me to his friend who desperately needed a vast litigator. This friends had juicy bank and multi national briefs but had little or no litigation experience.

That’s how I became head of litigation and managing associate in a tier 2 law firm. Had my own team and gain vast exposure by going against the best of the best and SAN in court. It was scary but I was also learning from them without their knowledge. Atleast you must respond to processes filed by a SAN one way or another.

Soon I became managing associate and was earning both salaries and commission.

When Covid 19 happened, I left the firm and started mine. Guess what?

The first major brief I got was from Nairaland and it paid my entire annual salary in a matter of months. Most of my ex-boss’s client followed me to my new firm and the few that didn’t, still send referrals till date.

Suddenly, God made us a lawyer’s lawyer ( hard core litigators and masters of legal technicalities).

Other lawyers take briefs and we help them do their paperwork for a fee while the go to court and argue their cases.

Hope this helped?

Sure, thank you

Shalom.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dvkot(m): 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2022
Seems i have to register here, socially awkward Gemini introvert. Is there like a get together for us cos my lifestyle is actually boring
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Khaysee: 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
Money can't buy class
Money can't buy good character

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.