Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,538 members, 7,827,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (640488 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Leisureworld(f): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2022
Hi guys,

we sell night wears, day wears, lounge wears, pjs, home wears, lingeries. All types of netflix and chill and soft errand wears

We sell at affordable prices too

these 4in 1 set is just 5k

chat with us to view many other option 08035737621

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dark404(m): 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2022
Do you have hard time starting a conversation with strangers and asking questions?
Olarewajub:
Introvert comes from Latin intro- , "inward," and vertere , "turning." It describes a person who tends to turn inward mentally. Introverts sometimes avoid large groups of people, feeling more energized by time alone.

Introversion is at its root a type of temperament. It is not the same as shyness or having a withdrawn personality, and it is not pathological. It is also not something you can change. But you can learn to work with it, not against it.

Introvert Facts

• 75 percent of the world is extroverted.

• Being introverted affects all areas of your life.

• Nothing is wrong with you.

• Introverts feel drained and overstimulated.

• Being introverted is something to be celebrated.

Common Introversion Traits

Introversion is marked by a number of sub-traits:

1. Very self-aware

2. Thoughtful

3. Enjoys understanding details

4. Interested in self-knowledge and self-understanding

5. Tends to keep emotions private

6. Quiet and reserved in large groups or around unfamiliar people

7. More sociable and gregarious around people they know well

8. Learns well through observation.

Introverts Library

1. Quiet by Susan Cain

2. Success as an Introvert for Dummies by Joan Pastor

3. Introvert Power by Laurie Helgoe, PhD

4. Introverts in Love by Sophia Dembling

5. The Awakened Introvert by Arnie Kozak

6. The Irresistible Introvert by Michaela Chung

7. Quiet Influence by Jennifer B. Kahnweiler, PhD

8. The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney, Psy.D.

9. The Introvert Entrepreneur by Beth Buelow

10. Quiet Power: The Secret Strength of Introverted Kids by Susan Cain

11. Introvert Doodles by Maureen “Marzi” Wilson

Helpful Links

1. https://studentship.com.ng/happy-introvert/

2. https://www.verywellmind.com/signs-you-are-an-introvert-2795427

3. https://introvertdear.com/what-is-an-introvert-definition/

4. https://www.lifehack.org/302237/5-reasons-why-blogging-good-for-introverts

5. https://www.thecut.com/2015/06/apparently-there-are-four-kinds-of-introversion.html

6. https://time.com/5373403/surprising-benefits-introvert/

7. https://introvertdear.com/news/introverts-happy-need/

8. https://agileleanlife.com/a-success-guide-for-all-introverts/

9. https://gulfnews.com/lifestyle/the-secret-power-of-introverts-1.1038171

10. https://www.insider.com/introvert-struggles-doodles-2017-2

Quiet people are often found to have profound insights.
The shallow water in a brook or river runs fast:
The deep water seems calmer.

—JAMES ROGERS

Are you an introvert? If yes, this is definitely the place to be.
What are your challenges as an introvert and are you happy about your introversion?

P.S=> Extrovert- Keep Off.

Welcome to Nairaland Introverts Lounge

smiley wink cheesy shocked I

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Probz(m): 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2022
litigator:
Any INFJ here? Either an A or a T?

Holla if you need me.

The A or the T doesn’t matter if you’re not a prospective economist and trying to figure out how assertive you’ll be with financial goals on-job. Otherwise that dichotomy ain’t worth paying much attention to. Everyone’s a little assertive and a little turbulent, whatever their gender, race, sexual orientation (dare-I-say-am) and whatnot.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Khaysee: 9:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
People speech
Behaviour
Reaction
Differs
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sofrosh(f): 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2022
Please I need a loan of 40k please guys, I'm going to return it by the end of this month.

Reason being that, I need it for an emergency eye operation to reduce the pressure on my eyes caused by Glaucoma. The pains is quite severe and is causing me headache on one side of my brain.

All necessary documents for verification is available, just so you know I'm not trying to scam anybody. I have exhausted all my money on medications and eyes and I will really appreciate whatever help you choose to render to me please.

I live in Uyo, just incase anyone needs physical verification and all.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2022
dark404:
Do you have hard time starting a conversation with strangers and asking questions?

Nothing anymore.

Most of the time, it is a question of if I am interested in starting a conversation with a stranger.

If I need to ask a question, I do it without any hesitation.

For example, if I find myself in an unfamiliar environment and need directions.

I would ask the question.

The rule is not to overthink the outcome of starting a conversation or asking questions.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Anonymous9345: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2022
Olarewajub:

Nothing anymore.

Most of the time, it is a question of if I am interested in starting a conversation with a stranger.

If I need to ask a question, I do it without any hesitation.

For example, if I find myself in an unfamiliar environment and need directions.

I would ask the question.

The rule is not to overthink the outcome of starting a conversation or asking questions.
please help me. How can I start a conversation with a girl on WhatsApp.
Please I need line by line statement.

Note I have never done this before

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Cutehector(m): 6:34am On Sep 18, 2022
Anonymous9345:

ilegendd you have a customer.

Say thank you
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Cutehector(m): 6:39am On Sep 18, 2022
I want to derail this thread and i need a chatterbox to do that.

Who is available for a 10page discussion in here.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by fredwill1357(m): 7:53am On Sep 18, 2022
Anonymous9345:
please help.

drop your WhatsApp number let me help you out.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Lima98(f): 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2022
Olarewajub:
Introvert comes from Latin intro- , "inward," and vertere , "turning." It describes a person who tends to turn inward mentally. Introverts sometimes avoid large groups of people, feeling more energized by time alone.

Introversion is at its root a type of temperament. It is not the same as shyness or having a withdrawn personality, and it is not pathological. It is also not something you can change. But you can learn to work with it, not against it.

Introvert Facts

• 75 percent of the world is extroverted.

• Being introverted affects all areas of your life.

• Nothing is wrong with you.

• Introverts feel drained and overstimulated.

• Being introverted is something to be celebrated.

Common Introversion Traits

Introversion is marked by a number of sub-traits:

1. Very self-aware

2. Thoughtful

3. Enjoys understanding details

4. Interested in self-knowledge and self-understanding

5. Tends to keep emotions private

6. Quiet and reserved in large groups or around unfamiliar people

7. More sociable and gregarious around people they know well

8. Learns well through observation.

Introverts Library

1. Quiet by Susan Cain

2. Success as an Introvert for Dummies by Joan Pastor

3. Introvert Power by Laurie Helgoe, PhD

4. Introverts in Love by Sophia Dembling

5. The Awakened Introvert by Arnie Kozak

6. The Irresistible Introvert by Michaela Chung

7. Quiet Influence by Jennifer B. Kahnweiler, PhD

8. The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney, Psy.D.

9. The Introvert Entrepreneur by Beth Buelow

10. Quiet Power: The Secret Strength of Introverted Kids by Susan Cain

11. Introvert Doodles by Maureen “Marzi” Wilson

Helpful Links

1. https://studentship.com.ng/happy-introvert/

2. https://www.verywellmind.com/signs-you-are-an-introvert-2795427

3. https://introvertdear.com/what-is-an-introvert-definition/

4. https://www.lifehack.org/302237/5-reasons-why-blogging-good-for-introverts

5. https://www.thecut.com/2015/06/apparently-there-are-four-kinds-of-introversion.html

6. https://time.com/5373403/surprising-benefits-introvert/

7. https://introvertdear.com/news/introverts-happy-need/

8. https://agileleanlife.com/a-success-guide-for-all-introverts/

9. https://gulfnews.com/lifestyle/the-secret-power-of-introverts-1.1038171

10. https://www.insider.com/introvert-struggles-doodles-2017-2

Quiet people are often found to have profound insights.
The shallow water in a brook or river runs fast:
The deep water seems calmer.

—JAMES ROGERS

Are you an introvert? If yes, this is definitely the place to be.
What are your challenges as an introvert and are you happy about your introversion?

P.S=> Extrovert- Keep Off.

Welcome to Nairaland Introverts Lounge

smiley wink cheesy shocked I
Yes you are right and for me as an introvert I am so proud and happy to be one, like I am self free by myself i have no worry about Friends complaining of me not visiting them or be seen in any form of group sha is really good to be an introvert

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2022
Anonymous9345:

Do you know the lady in person?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by TayusKilzEasyjay(m): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2022
Any whatsapp group de for us? Make una add me ooh
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MariamAlheri: 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2022
Cutehector:
I want to derail this thread and i need a chatterbox to do that.

Who is available for a 10page discussion in here.

Me
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by femora007(m): 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2022
I need a female friend
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Zeezeal7(m): 12:53pm On Oct 06, 2022
I would rather want to call myself an ambivert because most times, I'd prefer to be alone (80%) and at times I want to do outdoor(20%) but still yet keep to myself even amongst a group of people. I am very observant of what's going on around me cos I do more thinking and mental work than talking. Starting a conversation has never been my problem tho sometimes I don't just feel like but not that I am shy. Maintaining a conversation or Friendship is my greatest challenge because I get tired of people, things so fast hence I don't even bother making friends. Las Las I love myself as I am like this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by germaphobe(m): 11:54am On Oct 07, 2022
Zeezeal7:
I would rather want to call myself an ambivert because most times, I'd prefer to be alone (80%) and at times I want to do outdoor(20%) but still yet keep to myself even amongst a group of people. I am very observant of what's going on around me cos I do more thinking and mental work than talking. Starting a conversation has never been my problem tho sometimes I don't just feel like but not that I am shy. Maintaining a conversation or Friendship is my greatest challenge because I get tired of people, things so fast hence I don't even bother making friends. Las Las I love myself as I am like this.
welcome on board "behaviour twin", also an ambivert and what you stated up there is just it with me too.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 12, 2022
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Richnero99: 2:46am On Oct 13, 2022
I am not just an introvert but I am a bit shy as well, especially around the opposite gender.

I moved to this area in April this year and other than my brother, not a single soul has visited me. And the fact that I see nothing wrong with that, worries me.

I don't like associating and I barely have friends. I work from home, so the option of associating with coworkers is out of the window.

I get bored with people and things easily and that makes me feel there's no need in trying to make friends.

I used to have a girlfriend, but I broke up with her with the silly excuse that I needed some time off.

My daily routine? Wake up in the morning, get in front of my system and begin my job for the day. Take a break, make my meal, eat and get back to work. Surf the net in between (Facebook, WhatsApp, Nairaland, LinkedIn, Quora, etc.), do some other necessary stuff and sleep when it's time.
Damn! Such a boring life.

I can be indoors for a full month without stepping out of the house.

People want to talk to me, girls especially, but I am the one avoiding them. And for this, they think I am too rude or proud. Only if they knew...

Sometimes I wonder if I can be able to get married. If I can be able to live with a woman for the rest of my life without getting bored.

I think my own introversion is the worst kind there is.

Are my normal?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2022
Richnero99:
I am not just an introvert but I am a bit shy as well, especially around the opposite gender.

Are my normal?
U are very normal my friend
What do u actually need friends for?
Good u already have a job, whether from home, it doesn't matter. So long u have a job & it's able to pay ur bills, cool. U can get married, u just need a lady that understands u. When u are ready to settle down, search for one, u will find her.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tollyboy5(m): 6:45am On Oct 17, 2022
Richnero99:

I moved to this area in April this year and other than my brother, not a single soul has visited me. And the fact that I see nothing wrong with that, worries

Are my normal?
Social interaction is an important part of life. You get to understand people for who they are.
You tend to learn from others and adjust your character also.
You need to interact with ladies else you'll get engaged with wrong person.

When I was younger, attimes my body and brain start to loose comfort and I try to shy away from activities suddenly.

People will ask , what's wrong with you. Me myself I can't explain, sometimes I go home and hide under the baby court or cover myself with enough clothes and remain like that till I understand that my body feels normal again.

But now I'm grown up, I learn to act properly because I understand myself.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 9:42am On Oct 17, 2022
have been here for 2 years and nobody has come to look for me....I don't like people that talks a lot.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Treasure17(m): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2022
YourHerbalOrgan:
have been here for 2 years and nobody has come to look for me....I don't like people that talks a lot.
Lol. Make yourself available and watch how people naturally gravitate towards you. Don't worry I will look for you grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 8:59am On Oct 19, 2022
While its a huge plus to be on the introvert arena,it would be a great delight and she rvice for you to improve upon your self, better your version so you out can outgrow Ones old self .The world out there is progressive ,so are circumstances around the world, challenges are real and gets tougghher by each day,only men with improved version of their old selves would be able to sail over these murky waters and come out victorious at the other side.GOOD morning, AMIABLE INYROVERTS...

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Stargurl20(f): 5:37am On Oct 20, 2022
Richnero99:

I moved to this area in April this year and other than my brother, not a single soul has visited me. And the fact that I see nothing wrong with that, worries me.

I don't like associating and I barely have friends. I work from home, so the option of associating with coworkers is out of the window.

I get bored with people and things easily and that makes me feel there's no need in trying to make friends.

I used to have a girlfriend, but I broke up with her with the silly excuse that I needed some time off.

My daily routine? Wake up in the morning, get in front of my system and begin my job for the day. Take a break, make my meal, eat and get back to work. Surf the net in between (Facebook, WhatsApp, Nairaland, LinkedIn, Quora, etc.), do some other necessary stuff and sleep when it's time.
Damn! Such a boring life.

I can be indoors for a full month without stepping out of the house.

People want to talk to me, girls especially, but I am the one avoiding them. And for this, they think I am too rude or proud. Only if they knew...

Sometimes I wonder if I can be able to get married. If I can be able to live with a woman for the rest of my life without getting bored.

Are my normal?
Hmmm
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Stargurl20(f): 5:40am On Oct 20, 2022
I'm somewhat an introvert as well, and I think people think of most introverts as being proud. I'm a shy, which also make me stay indoors most of the times. I'm tired of this kind of life, because I've not been able to meet people. Even at 23, I'm still single and my mum is even beginning to get worried( I can sense that). At times, I've suicidal ideation, coz I'm tired of this kind of life.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Treasure17(m): 9:23am On Oct 20, 2022
Stargurl20:
I'm somewhat an introvert as well, and I think people think of most introverts as being proud. I'm a shy, which also make me stay indoors most of the times. I'm tired of this kind of life, because I've not been able to meet people. Even at 23, I'm still single and my mum is even beginning to get worried( I can sense that). At times, I've suicidal ideation, coz I'm tired of this kind of life.
The assumption of people about you is not your responsibility why bother yourself on what they think? Being shy and an introvert doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't go out and relate with people. You might find solace in staying indoor but for how long when you have a dream and career to pursue? See, I'm an introvert and Infact the first thing you will notice if you are the kind that can profile someone is my shyness but have learnt to manage it. Staying indoor frequently will only worsening the situation trust me. Meet people or probably join any group of your interest so that avoiding interactions might be inevitable. I joined an ushering team while in the Uni and also stayed at the family house(corpers lodge) during my service year which actually helped to a great extent.
What's wrong with being single at 23? Stop subjecting yourself to unecessary pressure cause it won't help. You better shake off the suicidal ideas in your head and focus on your career. You have a lot of great times ahead. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Stargurl20(f): 9:54am On Oct 20, 2022
Treasure17:

The assumption of people about you is not your responsibility why bother yourself on what they think? Being shy and an introvert doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't go out and relate with people. You might find solace in staying indoor but for how long when you have a dream and career to pursue? See, I'm an introvert and Infact the first thing you will notice if you are the kind that can profile someone is my shyness but have learnt to manage it. Staying indoor frequently will only worsening the situation trust me. Meet people or probably join any group of your interest so that avoiding interactions might be inevitable. I joined an ushering team while in the Uni and also stayed at the family house(corpers lodge) during my service year which actually helped to a great extent.
What's wrong with being single at 23? Stop subjecting yourself to unecessary pressure cause it won't help. You better shake off the suicidal ideas in your head and focus on your career. You have a lot of great times ahead. Cheers.
Thank you for this beautiful piece of advice
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by King2019(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2022
fdsbooks.com
A site for introverts
WhatsApp +2347018555692
Do you want to order anything from Jumia or any other site? All you need to do is to tell us and we will do it for you. You won't need to answer calls from them.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Divay22(f): 11:59pm On Oct 21, 2022
Leisureworld:
Hi guys,

we sell night wears, day wears, lounge wears, pjs, home wears, lingeries. All types of netflix and chill and soft errand wears

We sell at affordable prices too

these 4in 1 set is just 5k

chat with us to view many other option 08035737621
Location please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.