Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637327 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 7:45pm On Oct 13, 2023
Thank you for quoting me ,I am.not of the opinion that been an introvert makes one dumb ,..I only said for the number of years I have spent as an academia I have found out that we Make contact with more introverts than any other sector of influence.Kids got bad grades and the excuse from the parents is that the child's introvercy is responsible ,..A mature child chooses to ignore adult rather than pay full respect as real Africans that we are ,but we get the "defence guard "that introverts don't just like to greet ! ! Those are slef destructive excuses we all must do away with in our lives if we REALLY want to move up the ladder of leadership..if most of us introverts can modify our attitude and grow in terms of social relationship and value adding ,we would likely have better speed of accomplishment than we do have now.An introvert working with a group at the office isn't expected to be a snubb or work alone ,such opportunity should be harnessed to improve on your interpersonal skills in communication,and social relationship which inturn makes you more ready to face the life battles ahead.
boladez:

I don't agree with the part below

I can tell you we experienceand have to deal with this traits from different groups and individuals than most sector of influence all over the world .But I also have found out that what many of call "introversion " is nothing but shear ignorance and lack of sound guidance from parents at first ,then the stake holders around in our lives.

I strongly believe I troverts are special and its not ignorance or training that leads to introversion in all cases. Yes this may have an impact in moulding the character but indeed an introverted person does not mean he or she would not greet. The issue is an introvert would rather not greet but when forced to , will greet. Not greeting is a cultural and upbringing matter.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by boladez(m): 11:11pm On Oct 13, 2023
gidjah:
Thank you for quoting me ,I am.not of the opinion that been an introvert makes one dumb ,..I only said for the number of years I have spent as an academia I have found out that we Make contact with more introverts than any other sector of influence.Kids got bad grades and the excuse from the parents is that the child's introvercy is responsible ,..A mature child chooses to ignore adult rather than pay full respect as real Africans that we are ,but we get the "defence guard "that introverts don't just like to greet ! ! Those are slef destructive excuses we all must do away with in our lives if we REALLY want to move up the ladder of leadership..if most of us introverts can modify our attitude and grow in terms of social relationship and value adding ,we would likely have better speed of accomplishment than we do have now.An introvert working with a group at the office isn't expected to be a snubb or work alone ,such opportunity should be harnessed to improve on your interpersonal skills in communication,and social relationship which inturn makes you more ready to face the life battles ahead.

Thanks OK I see your point seems like we are on the same page I did not understand your point fully at the first pass,,its now greatly clear and i agree with you. Though I am a bad inteover but a public figure and when I tell people I am an introvert they laugh........ I agree that skills can be built over time with deliberate efforts.

Culturally I don't take non greeters lightly ...someone passes without a hi then comes back to ask a question still without greeting , I will lecture the fellow, its bad manners.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 7:23am On Oct 14, 2023
Ahahaha, I like the 'Lecturing' part sir.I noticed this generation is gradually or rather swiftly loosing manners and decorum of social behavioural skills and relationship blaming introversion for this ,It's a blatant error. You need to enter the education sector and meet
very depressed kids claiming introverts ,I laugh because I know parents are failing in thier responsibilities and we must air this out. I am a public speaker too, imagine 'forming introvert' with people that are supposed to invite you for workshops and symposiums ..ahhhh ,"you go dry with hunger at home with your family".This is not for me as I most times wanna drag issues because of my temperament like; I don't want to call /visit and even see anyone most times..I just want to keep inside my shell and face my internet all day but.. this won't help me and my future ,so, I dust out my poor inter personal relationship skill and get going all out to make contacts and establish good business and once in a while I withdraw back to gather back my lost energy (as a true introvert).That's how I have been sailing for decades .
boladez:

Thanks OK I see your point seems like we are on the same page I did not understand your point fully at the first pass,,its now greatly clear and i agree with you. Though I am a bad inteover but a public figure and when I tell people I am an introvert they laugh........ I agree that skills can be built over time with deliberate efforts.

Culturally I don't take non greeters lightly ...someone passes without a hi then comes back to ask a question still without greeting , I will lecture the fellow, its bad manners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by boladez(m): 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2023
gidjah:
Ahahaha, I like the 'Lecturing' part sir.I noticed this generation is gradually or rather swiftly loosing manners and decorum of social behavioural skills and relationship blaming introversion for this ,It's a blatant error. You need to enter the education sector and meet
very depressed kids claiming introverts ,I laugh because I know parents are failing in thier responsibilities and we must air this out. I am a public speaker too, imagine 'forming introvert' with people that are supposed to invite you for workshops and symposiums ..ahhhh ,"you go dry with hunger at home with your family".This is not for me as I most times wanna drag issues because of my temperament like; I don't want to call /visit and even see anyone most times..I just want to keep inside my shell and face my internet all day but.. this won't help me and my future ,so, I dust out my poor inter personal relationship skill and get going all out to make contacts and establish good business and once in a while I withdraw back to gather back my lost energy (as a true introvert).That's how I have been sailing for decades .

grin that's a good one . "Being and introvert is no a licence to be dumb" words on gold. Hunger will kill a man who refuses to ammend the introversion, correct.

Thanks a lot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by seotayyab2: 2:50pm On Oct 22, 2023
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Fortune444: 2:55am On Oct 23, 2023
Urgent job Opportunities in a Catering outfit in Eliozu, Port Harcourt:

We are a consultancy supporting our clients to recruit for the following positions in Port Harcourt for immediate start, thus seeking serious and competent applicants. The positions open are as follows:

Reference: SA1
Sales Assistant (2-5 years customer service/social media sales experience, good command of english, attractive offer).

Reference: OM1
-Operations Manager (5-8 years post graduate sales/catering experience minimum, honesty, leadership; attractive salary).

Reference: CC1
- Continental Chef (4-8 years experience in CONTINENTAL CUISINE, catering school diploma, hard-work, honesty, leadership; attractive salary).

Serious interests residing relatively close in Port Harcourt, to Eliozu, Rupoku, Eneka, Stadium Road, Rumudara and environs, and Send whatsapp today with voice note or CV to 08037260838, indicating REFERENCE FOR JOB of interest.

Additional benefits apply (daily feeding, off days, mentorship, etc).

All applicants to respond within 24-48 hours of receipt of this publication. Regards
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by maximizer61(m): 9:42am On Oct 24, 2023
Albertone:

Yes.
A group moderated by YemiAkins
Drop de group link
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Charidave: 8:29am On Oct 27, 2023
The Sweet Poison: Unveiling the Health Hazards of Excessive Table Sugar Consumption

Sugar, the tempting ingredient that sweetens our lives, has a darker side that often goes unnoticed. Excessive table sugar consumption has been linked to a plethora of health issues, making it imperative to be aware of the potential diseases it can cause. This article sheds light on the many diseases associated with sugar intake, urging us to reconsider our sugar-laden habits.

🍒 Obesity
One of the most well-documented effects of high sugar intake is obesity. Sugar, particularly in the form of high fructose corn syrup, can lead to weight gain and an increased risk of obesity, which is a significant risk factor for various other health conditions.

🍒 Type 2 Diabetes
Excessive sugar consumption can lead to insulin resistance, a key factor in the development of type 2 diabetes. When the body can't properly regulate blood sugar levels, the risk of diabetes increases significantly.

🍒Heart Disease
Sugar has a direct link to heart disease. High sugar diets are associated with elevated triglycerides and harmful LDL cholesterol levels, increasing the risk of cardiovascular problems, including heart attacks and strokes.

🍒Fatty Liver Disease
A high intake of fructose, which is found in table sugar, can lead to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). This condition can progress to more severe liver issues, including cirrhosis.

🍒 Dental Problems
Sugary foods and drinks are notorious for causing dental issues. The bacteria in our mouths love sugar, and when they feed on it, they produce acids that erode tooth enamel, leading to cavities and gum disease.

🍒Cancer
Emerging research suggests that excessive sugar consumption may be linked to an increased risk of certain types of cancer. This connection is still being explored, but it's a concerning potential consequence.

🍒 Mental Health Issues
High sugar diets have been associated with mood swings, anxiety, and depression. The sugar rollercoaster can disrupt brain chemistry and lead to emotional instability.

🍒. Skin Problems
Sugar can also contribute to skin issues like acne and premature aging. High glycemic foods can trigger inflammation and exacerbate skin conditions.

🍇Other ailments include:
Kidney disease,
Cognitive decline,
High blood pressure,
Digestive Issues,
Autoimmune diseases,
Allergies,
Joint pain,
Asthma,
Osteoporosis,
Gout,
Fertility Issues,
Weakened Immune System etc

🍇Conclusion
It's evident that excessive table sugar consumption can have a profound impact on our health, leading to a myriad of diseases and health problem. Being mindful of our sugar intake and making healthier choices can help us steer clear of these potential health hazards. Let this be a wake-up call to reevaluate our relationship with sugar and prioritize our well-being.

We sell Natural and Organic Sea Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Tasty and Crunchy Kuli Kuli, Original Nsukka Bush Honey, Organic Seeds, Oils, Powders, Spices, Roots and Herbs.

Looking for where to buy any organic products or sea salt in Lagos State Nigeria, Ikeja, Lekki, Gbagada, Isolo, Magodo, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Ibadan, Benin, Enugu, Imo, Asaba, Jos, Benue, Taraba, Kano, Akure, Osun, Kaduna, Abuja or any other part of Nigeria

Whatsapp
Zero. Eight. Zero. Three. Seven. Seven. Four. Nine. Seven. Nine. Six.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamyemiakins(m): 12:11am On Nov 01, 2023
Lovecars501:

Great! Please how can I get an entry link?
https://chat. whatsapp.com/LHCiMxcHtxi9rVkeqv5qUu

Kindly close the gaps in the link above.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nancy311: 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2023
Hello everyone, am new here. Can anyone recommend any good graphic novel or books here.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Lovecars501(m): 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2023
iamyemiakins:

https://chat. whatsapp.com/LHCiMxcHtxi9rVkeqv5qUu

Kindly close the gaps in the link above.
Thanks a bunch, but the link doesn't seem to be working anymore. Cuz I clicked it and it brought error

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamyemiakins(m): 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2023
Lovecars501:

Thanks a bunch, but the link doesn't seem to be working anymore. Cuz I clicked it and it brought error
Try again, it's working.

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Lovecars501(m): 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2023
iamyemiakins:

Try again, it's working.
I've sent a request, waiting for approval

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by U09ce: 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
This thing called introversion is a spectrum. Someone whom you think is extroverted will claim to be otherwise. For me sha, if introversion is scaled on 0 to 100, I'll be at least 70

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by GreatAchiever1: 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2023
Nancy311:
Hello everyone, am new here. Can anyone recommend any good graphic novel or books here.

You didn't specify the genre of books you like.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nancy311: 1:18am On Nov 06, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

You didn't specify the genre of books you like.

Romance
Thrillers
comedy
Adventure ....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by GreatAchiever1: 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2023
Nancy311:

Romance
Thrillers
comedy
Adventure ....

Although I don't read fiction, I believe you should read some of James Hardley Chase's books since I've heard great things about them.

As a retired comic book reader, I used to like reading romance graphic novels like Young Romance, Young Love, and others from the golden age of comics since they are often short stories, with four or five love stories per issue. Depending on your age group, I may suggest Archie, Bone, Wimpy Kid, Captain Underpants, Love and Capes. I don't know where you can get these books offline in hard copy.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by apogyizi(f): 10:27am On Nov 17, 2023
U09ce:
This thing called introversion is a spectrum. Someone whom you think is extroverted will claim to be otherwise. For me sha, if introversion is scaled on 0 to 100, I'll be at least 70

I think it's a spectrum too, where one can be a pure introvert, and you have others who dance between the two.

PS: I'm new here. And I hope to make friends too with persons who are just like me. 😁

I have never had a real constant friend.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by apogyizi(f): 11:44am On Nov 17, 2023
Babe1994:
How do you deal with your partner and his family thinking you’re weird/have mental problems because you’re reserved.

I don’t really have a lot of friends
I don’t really like greeting people
I don’t like calling or being around people.

The more I try the more i fall back. I think it’s affecting my son too. Even to the point my partner called me autistic.

My personality is really hurting me.

You're not autistic. That's not what that means!

These 3 things you don't like doing, I don't do too. I do them on "need to" basis. Eg. If I walk into a place, I greet. If you have information I want, I call.

I'm happy by myself and at the same time unsatisfied.

What do you enjoy doing in your alone times?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by trilacos: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2023
Is it possible for introverts to be charismatic?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Anonymous9345: 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2023
I have only one female friend that I can chat with. I have been having feeling for her for the past 3 years. I don't know how to kill this feeling because this situation is very risky. Because if I tell her how I feel, she will regret me and hate me forever.

Please how do I kill this feeling? I have tried everything possible to kill that feeling
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by trilacos: 6:42am On Nov 20, 2023
Anonymous9345:
I have only one female friend that I can chat with. I have been having feeling for her for the past 3 years. I don't know how to kill this feeling because this situation is very risky. Because if I tell her how I feel, she will regret me and hate me forever.

Please how do I kill this feeling? I have tried everything possible to kill that feeling
you can't kill the feeling, instead you can use subtle way to express yourself,if she's feeling you, she'll reciprocate.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by trilacos: 6:43am On Nov 20, 2023
iamyemiakins:

Try again, it's working.
the link is not working,add me to the group.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamyemiakins(m): 8:07am On Nov 20, 2023
trilacos:
the link is not working,add me to the group.
Message me on WhatsApp +2348134656117 to add you to the group.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dayorrrr: 10:36pm On Nov 23, 2023
apogyizi:

You're not autistic. That's not what that means!

These 3 things you don't like doing, I don't do too. I do them on "need to" basis. Eg. If I walk into a place, I greet. If you have information I want, I call.

I'm happy by myself and at the same time unsatisfied.

What do you enjoy doing in your alone times?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by apogyizi(f): 9:11am On Nov 24, 2023
Dayorrrr:
sis please kindly assist me with anything me and my kid haven't eaten any real food today

How will I be able to do that? I have real food.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dayorrrr: 11:26am On Nov 24, 2023
apogyizi:

How will I be able to do that? I have real food.
pls you can assist me with any amount ma
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by apogyizi(f): 12:09pm On Nov 24, 2023
Dayorrrr:
pls you can assist me with any amount ma

Unfortunately...

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dayorrrr: 8:30am On Nov 26, 2023
Lovecars501:

hello please can you assist me with anything me and my kid haven't eaten any real food today may you never lack
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nancy311: 11:49am On Nov 26, 2023
Please can I be added to the Introverts lounge, I can't connect to it through the link, I am having problems with my Google account and other apps connected to it. This is my number 09138190311 😥😥😥
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2023
Lost a family member 16yrs ago..they said time is the best healer but mine is different. Like i was there sitting on the bed beside him when he gave up. The more i try not talk about him, think about him. The more all that happened in the past, good memories keep refreshing in my brain. Tears will start rolling out again..my eyes turning red.

Before i do cry alone in the room...now even if i'm in official gatherings, market, motor parks...once my brain refresh those past memories..my eyes will gradually turn red & boom tears everywhere. Trying to control it will make it worse.

Ending of last month i was @ the hospital to my check my BP. Doctor said everything is normal.

Who else has the same problem? What do u suggest?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.