Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,245 members, 7,953,925 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:02 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (669658 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (301) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nwaotu10(m): 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2023
narite:
Introvert combo with Shyness is the worst thing that can ever happen to a man. A fate worst than Death.

No Courage (Can’t fuckïng say “NO” to others)

Lack of Trust ( Prefers to get drowned by his problems than sharing it with others)

Nonchalant ( Going through life with lack of concern or interest, not really bothered with failures or success)

Does this sounds familiar to you? If it is, then you are fuckëd!!
Yea actually, except that I'm deeply bothered about failure!!
The thought of ending up a failure makes the veins in my skull erupts to explode.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Menclothing: 11:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
Interesting
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by labake1(f): 3:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
Nwaotu10:

Yea actually, except that I'm deeply bothered about failure!!
The thought of ending up a failure makes the veins in my skull erupts to explode.

Same here brother
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ebenezer880(m): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Happy Sunday
Happy Easter
Happy birthday and Happy New year to me, it is a perfect day, month and year filled with celebration of you Jesus...

I'm +1 today

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ginomel(m): 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2023
Love800:
I read the first post of this thread and evritin the op said was true. Lemme highlight my own behaviour of my introvert

I love being alone. I like to enjoy my privacy and meditate about my life. I love thinking abt my myself my present life nd the future. In my alone times i like to learn new stuff or skill to improve my life. Tins like reading abt stuff online or reading books. Somtimes my privacy involves me watching television. The tin is, i enjoy my privacy alot.

I love going out too. Am a talkative in the midst of friends. But lemme give u some hints on how i talk. I love jokes so much. So i can joke all day as far u are in the mood to joke too. I talk abt serious matters too. tins like advicing nd the rest. But one tin u will not catch me doing is talking out of point. Yes u got me right. If i am joking with u and u talking senseless tins that can never be seen as a joke, i will stop that joke. If we are talking serious matter and you talkin senseless tins, i will leave u.

So dat is just me. I will say am an introvert nd extrovert. Because sometimes i can be very loud nd sometimes just leave me to enjoy my space. lol

Wrong thread for you especially the second paragraph. Your first part really described a typical introvert but your second is not.

You are not a typical introvert, you are only socially cautious.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eben97: 4:53pm On Apr 21, 2023
COMPLEMENT OF D SEASON TO EVERY GOD FEARING PERSON OUT THERE.NO true introvert loves failure,as a matter of truth,most detest failure,d tot of failure makes them sore afraid thus, they prefer not to try than do only to be on d failing platform.once you notice you are on the careless part of life,you are not vision and success hungry,..you might wanna review your temperament if u belong to this amazing family.long live this group

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eben97: 5:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
YOU were created in the Image and Likeness OF GOD.Thats the only reason the enemy wants to rob YOU of who YOU truely ARE.His object of target is your mind(soul),thats your seat of power.GUARD your mind very jealously,your mind defines who you truely are.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sirchiboy: 6:10pm On Apr 24, 2023
Jessee090:
please don't mind my English, I need 1 bedroom and parlour selfcon at Lagos island lekki or CVU preferable, my landlord has sold his property, and the New landlord give us quite notice the time he gives us we expired in de next one week, please I need urgent help if anyone knows any apartments for rent my budget is 1.2m I no is not enough but I can't pay more than that now
Good luck and God bless you!!!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Whoknow: 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2023
vikel2104:
The thing that baffle me is that an introvert tends to understand people but yet they're the most misunderstood. I tend to sense peoples' feelings but when it comes to mine, they don't even care to know. Another thing is that an introvert tends to understand and get clues quickly. So it pisses me off sometimes when people cannot understand seemingly simple things. I guess it has to do with our ability to think deeply. I prefer thought-provoking discussions rather than empty chatter. That's why some people cannot discuss with me because i don't like shallow talk and that's what most people engage in. Let's just say I love depth in everything I do. I love to ask the question 'why?' before I do things but people would prefer that I go with the flow and just do what everyone is doing. I have a way of revealing myself to people depending on who it is. If I meet a total stranger who I'm most likely never going to see again, I could chat and act like an extrovert. But if I'm most likely going to be seeing the person often, I show them my real introverted self with the mind that with time they'll see that that is how I am and those who accept me will finally make friends with me. Over the years I've come to be able to talk in front of people but I'm still not very comfortable when it's impromptu. If I'm told to teach something, I go the extra mile to make sure you undertand because I don't like the thought that i've wasted my time, my precious time. Staying indoors? Oh there is nothing as blissful as my 'me time' I hate noise more than anything. (sorry for the long unparagraphed post. But being an introvert I know you had the patience to read through it)
We are plenty, then I thought I was only one passing through this lot until I read a book titled WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO. by Tim Lahaye. I now come to understand myself more and love myself the way I am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Whoknow: 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2023
My fellow introvert this is my story, those days I thought I was only one passing through this lot until I read a book titled, WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO. written by an American author TIM LAHAYE. There I understand myself more and love myself the more, been an introvert is a gift one need to accept and appreciate as well. You will not come to appreciate this rare gift until understand yourself and accept yourself the way you are. If you are an introvert you can never be an extrovert only that you can improve yourself to become a better introvert. To improve yourself first is to be aware that you are an introvert.
Secondly to accept yourself the way you are.
Thirdly to know your weaknesses.
Fourth to work on your weaknesses
Fifth to love yourself and never desire to be another person.

Both introvert and extrovert have their strength and weaknesses but if you are an introvert and tend to imitate an extrovert there the problem is because you are imitating someone based on his strength even when sometimes you act like extrovert you will never remain permanent there surely you will return to your introverted self once you are done.

The only best way to work on your weaknesses is to know your weaknesses. Number one weakness of an introvert is fear.
2 low self esteem.
3 lack of joy
4 moody
5 depression
6 lack motivation e.t.c

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Greatn3ss: 2:59pm On Apr 27, 2023
narite:
Introvert combo with Shyness is the worst thing that can ever happen to a man. A fate worst than Death.

Lack of Trust ( Prefers to get drowned by his problems than sharing it with others)

Nonchalant ( Going through life with lack of concern or interest, not really bothered with failures or success)

I don't believe I'm shy, I speak in gatherings, I do presentations. But the Issue is I can't woo to a girl, not because I'm scared to talk to the them but because I see it as irrelevant, and when ever I see I girl I really like and I feel like talking to her, I won't cause I know she must surly say "no" because we are just meeting for the first time. How do I handle fear of rejection

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by narite: 6:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
Greatn3ss:

I don't believe I'm shy, I speak in gatherings, I do presentations. But the Issue is I can't woo to a girl, not because I'm scared to talk to the them but because I see it as irrelevant, and when ever I see I girl I really like and I feel like talking to her, I won't cause I know she must surly say "no" because we are just meeting for the first time. How do I handle fear of rejection
At the bolded, rejection could mean or relate to a lot of things. I will stick to giving you advice on how to face rejection when dealing with ladies, it seems to me that your current biggest hurdle.

There are ladies that will always reject you, ladies you approached and will give you a demeaning look. A very hurtful look, you will see the meaning right through their eyes and you will never forget. They will give you an attitude that will make you start to question yourself. Am I ugly? Am I not confidence enough? Asking yourself questions enough to damage your existence.

Now, do you know the funniest thing? The same ladies that look at you like you are some sort of plague, a disease some other day the same ladies will give you this soft jelly, marshmallows, butter, happy attitude that the best most friendly lady you have ever come across in your life will never give you. Every single one of them are like this. Where am I going with this? It is simply this “Never take ladies seriously” Please never forget this words carve it into your heart. Meditate on it day and night until the words makes sense to you and you see it happening in life.

Men fail primarily with women because they take them too serious. You do not take them serious, don’t take their ignoring you serious, don’t take their begging you serious, don’t take their words serious, don’t take their anger serious, don’t take those deamining looks which you will start to receive soon serious, don’t take anything about them serious. A woman can be laughing with you now and the next minute angry, you are all she want to see and the next minute the last thing she want to see...Does such a creation sound serious to you? Why take them serious? You don’t take them serious, don’t let their action get to you, just catch Cruz and move on. Do not try to change anything, Do not force Anything!!!!

I am giving you this advise because you are just starting out to have a relationship with women, following this advice will save you from lots of meaningless sorrows, tribulations. Now back to your main question?

It totally normal to be afraid to approach ladies because of fear that they might turn you down, something some of them will definitely do. it a phase every guy pass through. It something you conquer little by little with practice. Yes! With practice, you will have to chase after the beast. If you are not going to practice little by little at all then I cannot help you. I just don’t know any other way. Starting from the day you get my message; Take a night stroll alone to a place very far from your home where you hardly pass through be it during the day or night but with lively activities, a little far from home. When you get to somewhere far and no one probably knows you here just keep strolling, do not stand still looking like a kidnapper, when you see a lady you like from behind make sure it one you find attractive, she ignite your imagination, now; walk up to her and say “hi” do not think of what to say, the only thing I want you to think of is “Hi” just hi then whatsoever pop up in your head after “hi” you can say it. No matter how silly embarrassing, shy it sounds to you “say it”. I am trying hard to pass two things across to you here.
1) Learning not to take Ladies serious.

2) Approaching ladies.

Your ability not to take women serious begins the moment when you approached them without thinking of anything to say. All you need to know is just “Hi” nothing more.

I know on your first day of trying this you probably will see a lots of ladies you find attractive but you definitely won’t say hi to anyone of them, fear is a powerful thing. Go again day 2 take your night stroll again and have the resolve of saying “hi” to at least a lady that night, I am sure you will chicken out again. Go again day 3, most people I know as I have worked this thing through with some people never make their first “Hi” on day 3 but if you are the rare one first kudos to you but I do really hope you do not get addicted to this thing and me coming back to regret that I have unleashed a monster. Someone who will become too callous with women more than I imagined and will one day impregnate every members of my family.

If you do fail to say “Hi” at day 3 great. Go again day 4. Keeping going every day, taking a stroll to somewhere far from home with the intention of saying “hi” to strange ladies you come across. Make sure you make at least 30 hi” before this year runs out, mark every “hi” on your calendar where you can see it every morning. Never worry about what to say, with time you will naturally know. Your first 20 hi’s will be a disaster which is good, don’t worry you won’t see the first 20 hi again in your life.

In conclusion, Enjoy the experience of getting scared to say “hi” to ladies, savor it. One day you will look back and you will no longer know what it feels like. Never take ladies serious. Never forget this words my friend. If you do; you are bound to regret it. Now go out there tonight and catch Cruz.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Greatn3ss: 12:23am On Apr 28, 2023
narite:

At the bolded, rejection could mean or relate to a lot of things. I will stick to giving you advice on how to face rejection when dealing with ladies, it seems to me that your current biggest hurdle.

There are ladies that will always reject you, ladies you approached and will give you a demeaning look. A very hurtful look, you will see the meaning right through their eyes and you will never forget. They will give you an attitude that will make you start to question yourself. Am I ugly? Am I not confidence enough? Asking yourself questions enough to damage your existence.

Now, do you know the funniest thing? The same ladies that look at you like you are some sort of plague, a disease some other day the same ladies will give you this soft jelly, marshmallows, butter, happy attitude that the best most friendly lady you have ever come across in your life will never give you. Every single one of them are like this. Where am I going with this? It is simply this “Never take ladies seriously” Please never forget this words carve it into your heart. Meditate on it day and night until the words makes sense to you and you see it happening in life.

Men fail primarily with women because they take them too serious. You do not take them serious, don’t take their ignoring you serious, don’t take their begging you serious, don’t take their words serious, don’t take their anger serious, don’t take those deamining looks which you will start to receive soon serious, don’t take anything about them serious. A woman can be laughing with you now and the next minute angry, you are all she want to see and the next minute the last thing she want to see...Does such a creation sound serious to you? Why take them serious? You don’t take them serious, don’t let their action get to you, just catch Cruz and move on. Do not try to change anything, Do not force Anything!!!!

I am giving you this advise because you are just starting out to have a relationship with women, following this advice will save you from lots of meaningless sorrows, tribulations. Now back to your main question?

It totally normal to be afraid to approach ladies because of fear that they might turn you down, something some of them will definitely do. it a phase every guy pass through. It something you conquer little by little with practice. Yes! With practice, you will have to chase after the beast. If you are not going to practice little by little at all then I cannot help you. I just don’t know any other way. Starting from the day you get my message; Take a night stroll alone to a place very far from your home where you hardly pass through be it during the day or night but with lively activities, a little far from home. When you get to somewhere far and no one probably knows you here just keep strolling, do not stand still looking like a kidnapper, when you see a lady you like from behind make sure it one you find attractive, she ignite your imagination, now; walk up to her and say “hi” do not think of what to say, the only thing I want you to think of is “Hi” just hi then whatsoever pop up in your head after “hi” you can say it. No matter how silly embarrassing, shy it sounds to you “say it”. I am trying hard to pass two things across to you here.

2) Approaching ladies.

Your ability not to take women serious begins the moment when you approached them without thinking of anything to say. All you need to know is just “Hi” nothing more.

I know on your first day of trying this you probably will see a lots of ladies you find attractive but you definitely won’t say hi to anyone of them, fear is a powerful thing. Go again day 2 take your night stroll again and have the resolve of saying “hi” to at least a lady that night, I am sure you will chicken out again. Go again day 3, most people I know as I have worked this thing through with some people never make their first “Hi” on day 3 but if you are the rare one first kudos to you but I do really hope you do not get addicted to this thing and me coming back to regret that I have unleashed a monster. Someone who will become too callous with women more than I imagined and will one day impregnate every members of my family.

If you do fail to say “Hi” at day 3 great. Go again day 4. Keeping going every day, taking a stroll to somewhere far from home with the intention of saying “hi” to strange ladies you come across. Make sure you make at least 30 hi” before this year runs out, mark every “hi” on your calendar where you can see it every morning. Never worry about what to say, with time you will naturally know. Your first 20 hi’s will be a disaster which is good, don’t worry you won’t see the first 20 hi again in your life.

In conclusion, Enjoy the experience of getting scared to say “hi” to ladies, savor it. One day you will look back and you will no longer know what it feels like. Never take ladies serious. Never forget this words my friend. If you do; you are bound to regret it. Now go out there tonight and catch Cruz.

Very insightful, I believe this will really go a long way. Am grateful
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Whoknow: 6:05pm On May 05, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

It's so scary how a lot of people relate with this.

Used to be an extroverted flow boy, along the line didn't know what happened, gradually I have so gotten used to living alone and doing things that way I consider being with people hardwork even though I genuinely want to, I just find it difficult to.

Maybe this intense introversion is a disease. cry

It is normal my advice to you is consider your present environment, it may likely be that you are been affected by your immediate environment , if your place formally is where you have freedom and now you find yourself in an unfree place it may likely be the result of
your change in mood. Therefore change your environment and notice the difference.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonNeon: 8:35pm On May 05, 2023
narite:

I'm not fuckéd in Jesus name...🙏

What are the ways to overcome these characteristics
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eben97: 2:31pm On May 07, 2023
May the Days ahead bring some one here closer to his Creator,Multiply the Joy and Peace that comes from service unto humanity. GD AFTERNOON FELOW INTROVERTS.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by narite: 12:59pm On May 09, 2023
DonNeon:

I'm not fuckéd in Jesus name...🙏

What are the ways to overcome these characteristics
Simple! You first become consciously aware of this bad traits. Then you start doing the opposite of it. Takes practice but you get better and soon you have a new traits that overwrite the existing traits, Giving you a better habits which becomes your character, a new better character that leads to a new better destiny.

All humans are born with flaws, flaws that can either ruin you or profoundly improve you. it is our duty to constantly keep figuring out what this flaws (weaknesses) is and working on ourselves to get rid of them, so as to arrive at a better, favorable, wanted outcomes.

It is my hope for us all to keep on having the courage to struggle and evolving well, making our lives as great as it can be. Thank you and Goodbye!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Talk2Suzan(f): 9:23am On May 25, 2023
Nice thread, I like it. Being introverted for me has a lot to do with how I gather energy. You might be introverted if you’re energized by solo time and feel drained after prolonged social interactions. PROLONGED being the key word here because many will generalize that Introverts have social anxiety. Sure, some introverted people could also have social anxiety. But with a combination of personality traits, like conscientiousness for example rather than introversion alone that's not the case for all. Introversion itself isn’t a measurable personality trait, as such. Rather, it is low levels of extroversion and being an introvert for me has a lot to do with my upbringing not just my personality traits...it was quite a childhood. So I enjoy the ambiance of a quiet place with a pen and paper or a notepad, I guess this is because I'm a writer. But generally i prefer a close circle of friends to a crowd, I prefer to know people on a deeper level, I have a hard time with conflict/disagreement/argument, I'm a deep thinker...I overthink everything grin. I prefer writing over talking, writing out my thoughts comes naturally and Introversion like other aspects of personality can be a gene thing and environmental(Parenting style &
Life experiences especially childhood). For me the greatest misconception I've had about my personality is that I'm shy person because I'm an introvert and that Introverts have a boring life. If it's boring to the introvert, it's only because you're not doing what you find interesting and enjoyable. Therefore, expose yourself to a variety of new things that catches your fancy simple. I've had a conversation with someone before and he said I'm extremely introverted with some reasons he gave I was worried. Find a balance at all times,too much of everything is bad really
I like it here, it has been quite a read, insightful. Good morning everyone

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 9182736455O1999(m): 3:34pm On May 25, 2023
Talk2Suzan:
Nice thread, I like it. Being introverted for me has a lot to do with how I gather energy. You might be introverted if you’re energized by solo time and feel drained after prolonged social interactions. PROLONGED being the key word here because many will generalize that Introverts have social anxiety. Sure, some introverted people could also have social anxiety. But with a combination of personality traits, like conscientiousness for example rather than introversion alone that's not the case for all. Introversion itself isn’t a measurable personality trait, as such. Rather, it is low levels of extroversion and being an introvert for me has a lot to do with my upbringing not just my personality traits...it was quite a childhood. So I enjoy the ambiance of a quiet place with a pen and paper or a notepad, I guess this is because I'm a writer. But generally i prefer a close circle of friends to a crowd, I prefer to know people on a deeper level, I have a hard time with conflict/disagreement/argument, I'm a deep thinker...I overthink everything grin. I prefer writing over talking, writing out my thoughts comes naturally and Introversion like other aspects of personality can be a gene thing and environmental(Parenting style &
Life experiences especially childhood). For me the greatest misconception I've had about my personality is that I'm shy person because I'm an introvert and that Introverts have a boring life. If it's boring to the introvert, it's only because you're not doing what you find interesting and enjoyable. Therefore, expose yourself to a variety of new things that catches your fancy simple. I've had a conversation with someone before and he said I'm extremely introverted with some reasons he gave I was worried. Find a balance at all times,too much of everything is bad really
I like it here, it has been quite a read, insightful. Good morning everyone
Hello Dear.
I so much love your profile.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Talk2Suzan(f): 4:30pm On May 25, 2023
9182736455O1999:

Hello Dear.
I so much love your profile.
Awwn that's so nice to hear. Thank you so much dear, I appreciate it.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 9182736455O1999(m): 4:50pm On May 25, 2023
Talk2Suzan:
Awwn that's so nice to hear. Thank you so much dear, I appreciate it.
Your inputs too.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Emavel(m): 6:09pm On May 25, 2023
narite:

2) Approaching ladies.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 9:14pm On May 25, 2023
Does anyone here stay in Jos or has lived there for some time?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by adverttrading: 12:39am On May 26, 2023
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by GodSon1900: 6:55pm On May 27, 2023
I am an introverts + very shy
I prefer staying indoors
Have stage fright

Are there introverts here who are not shy

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by michresakidjo(m): 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
I am Highly introverted personality

Starting a conversation and even keeping friendship is a whole lots difficult.

I can stay indoors for a whole day and I don't like being around people,most time I read WhatsApp chat and not reply.

Secondly,I am very shy creature ,don't know how to converse with people eye ball to eyes ball.

I enjoy reading alone ,if I have food provided 😌😌😌

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (301) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.