Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! (41796 Views)

Lady Wore Bum-Short To Ecobank In Abeokuta (Photos) / Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Ilorin,lets Meet!! / Angel Investors And Aspiring Entrepreneurs Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
The list

1. newacca
2. Jamalee
3. Bank450
4. Biggboy
5. genralph
6. Yewaman
7. Ola
8. Ntyce
9. Gazzy88
10. fjoksy
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by adeife16(m): 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
i am an aspiring entrepreneur (baby entrepreneur) who is in need of funds and ideas pls am i welcomed here?
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by Bank450(m): 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
newacca:
Good to hear you are doing the needful. So, how soon are you coming up with your biz plan? Don't hesitate to share any challenge you have coming up with the plan here.
Yep definitely, can I get your active email?
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
adeife16: i am an aspiring entrepreneur (baby entrepreneur) who is in need of funds and ideas pls am i welcomed here?
You're welcome. Unfortunately, we are not starting this meetup for fund raising, but for networking and sharing of ideas. We may support each other with tips and advice, solve problems together and give tips on how to raise fund, but no one is guaranteeing fund.

It's only about meeting, connecting, discussing ideas, problems and solutions, eating and having fun.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
Bank450:
Yep definitely, can I get your active email?
I will hit you a PM here. Pls. confirm to me if you get it. Then we start from there.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by BelleofNaija: 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
newacca:
A single tree cannot make forest ~ Yoruba SW,Nigeria. 
I have been thinking about this idea for some time and I feel it's high time I started the call. A lot of entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs everywhere are meeting up and sharing great ideas and concept to support their business, living standard and betterment of the society. 

Networking is one of the key factors that contributes to success stories of SMEs, but it has been overlooked. Thanks to trade associations, chambers of commerce and some professional bodies that are still connecting businesses and professionals together.  In the recent times, young entrepreneurs and co-founders, especially the Techies are working, brainstorming, sharing ideas and gadgets together in a single space in their community ( co-working space or hub ). 

This is happening in major cities across the world, including Nigeria major cities like: Lagos, PH and Abuja; and it is really working out well for these guys. They are coming out with solutions to societal problems from logistics to food, from travel to retail, from photography to health. It also comes with its own result: financial reward, self-fulfillment and recognition.

Though they pay their prices by denying themselves of some privileges while cooking ideas up, yet they achieved their goals and they are not resting on their laurels. They are still calling for more collaboration and networking through different start-up events, Labs, boot camps etc. 

THE CALL
I am calling on young entrepreneurs and aspiring founders in all areas: Tech, Agrobiz, Project mgt. Art, Media/Entertainment, Business savvies in Abeokuta (Ogun State) and it's environ to come together. Let's network to share ideas and support ourselves. 

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all. Bundle of ideas and concept are sitting as novels on our bookshelves /PCs only because we are not connecting with like-minds to share our dreams with. Someone somewhere might be feeling the way we feel and might be thinking the way we do. Let's meet.

WHERE DO WE GET STARTED?
Let us start by identifying ourselves here on Nairaland. We can start by simply sharing insight about our business(if you've started any)/area of business(es), role, other areas interested passion and hobby. 

Also, let us know if you are permanently based in the city, you shuttle around cities or you are planning to move to the city. 

... Then I'll start from myself:

Simply, I'm an Entrepreneur smiley 
Founder at mybroadstreet.com (infact I dey find guest writer sef)
I shuttle between Abeokuta & Lagos but more attached to Abeokuta.  

*I started with Plumbing&Fitting + retail of sanitary/building materials. (Still doing this)

*I tried fashion: leather slippers with my own label (though not functioning anymore,but I'll invest on it later) 

*Technology gadget retail (I still do this, infact I met my supplier online)

Let me not bore you with the list,because it's long smiley 

My area of business interest in the recent time is :

*AgroBusiness ( basic gardening knowledge taught in Pry.school )

*Printing ( ability to operate any technology machine with manuals)

*Interior design ( intermediate skill) .... Amongst other interest. 

*Food bank ( NON PROFIT )

Though, I am always doing research and ready to have formal knowledge in all these areas of interest. 
I've passion for art, sport and writing, which brought about my website, mybroadstreet.com where I share entrepreneurial and leadership experience. 

We can do it all together. Let's start!

I like the look of your broadstreet site
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by Bank450(m): 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
newacca:
I will hit you a PM here. Pls. confirm to me if you get it. Then we start from there.
Got the Pm, but it was the normal customized message.. And I replied
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
BelleofNaija:

I like the look of your mybroadstreet site

Thanks. it's mybroadstreet grin
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
Bank450:
Got the Pm, but it was the normal customized message.. And I replied
I sent you an acknowledgement mail.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by Gazzy88(m): 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
i'm gbenga i live in abeokuta. i'm so glad people in my line of thought are coming up with good stuffs as per human development . i try to initiate at least one idea in a day one of which is TAP (The Abeokuta Project) which will make the city more techno-driven and africa's dubai. the offline meeting should probably be on sunday to incur high turnout. mahatma ghandi says "be the change you want to see in the world." i'm in!!!
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 11:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
Gazzy88: i'm gbenga i live in abeokuta. i'm so glad people in my line of thought are coming up with good stuffs as per human development . i try to initiate at least one idea in a day one of which is TAP (The Abeokuta Project) which will make the city more techno-driven and africa's dubai. the offline meeting should probably be on sunday to incur high turnout. mahatma ghandi says "be the change you want to see in the world." i'm in!!!
Welcome Gbenga. It's good to hear that you have idea that may turn the city to Africa's Dubai cool
Meanwhile, I challenge you to take your idea farther to make it Abeokuta, the city Dubai will up to. Impossible is nothing ke smiley

Weekends are always nice for meetings of this kind. Suggesting Sundays for the physical meeting is good, but let hear opinion from other members.
Oh... I almost forget! Could you please share with us what you do and other business area you have interest in.

Thanks for coming out to join the gathering of great entrepreneurs.
Ciao!
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2014
@Belleofnaija
Good morning. Are you with us? or you are just giving us a nod?
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by adeife16(m): 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
newacca:
You're welcome. Unfortunately, we are not starting this meetup for fund raising, but for networking and sharing of ideas. We may support each other with tips and advice, solve problems together and give tips on how to raise fund, but no one is guaranteeing fund.

It's only about meeting, connecting, discussing ideas, problems and solutions, eating and having fun.

thank you very much
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by fjoksy(f): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
I am Joke, i stay in Abeokuta. I am interested in joining the network. I so much like the initiative
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
fjoksy: I am Joke, i stay in Abeokuta. I am interested in joining the network. I so much like the initiative
Welcome on board Joke smiley
Your name shall be added to the list in a short while.

1 Like

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
The list

1. newacca
2. Jamalee
3. Bank450
4. Biggboy
5. genralph
6. Yewaman
7. Ola
8. Ntyce
9. Gazzy88
10. fjoksy
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by readone1(m): 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Present
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
readone1: Present
Welcome readone1. Could you please share with us your business and other businesses you have interest in, where u are located and other things you feel you could share with us about your entrepreneurial spirit! before we move on.

Your name shall be added to the list soon.
Once again, you are welcome.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 8:06am On Aug 01, 2014
The list

1. newacca
2. Jamalee
3. Bank450
4. Biggboy
5. genralph
6. Yewaman
7. Ola
8. Ntyce
9. Gazzy88
10. fjoksy
11. readone1

1 Like

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by fjoksy(f): 10:11am On Aug 01, 2014
Thank you newcca

newacca:
Welcome on board Joke smiley
Your name shall be added to the list in a short while.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 10:31am On Aug 01, 2014
fjoksy: Thank you newcca

You are welcome Ma'am. smiley
Are you in town at the moment? I would like to have a pre-meet with two of the members before our proper meeting, so as to decide and arrange on where and when to meet.

I have already sent a mail out to slidewaxie, but still looking for any other member who is available and in the city this weekend. I have created a BBM group to fasten the process.

Pls. Buzz me if you are interested for the pre-meet, as it will be more civil to have at least a lady for the pre-meet. smiley
Thanks.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by Bank450(m): 11:36am On Aug 01, 2014
wow, the physical meeting would be fun and eye opening. I like the way newacca approach things.. Fast and sharply.

The bbm group is for everybody shey? Would be very interested. Add me.

Thanks for your message baba
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 11:54am On Aug 01, 2014
Bank450:
wow, the physical meeting would be fun and eye opening. I like the way newacca approach things.. Fast and sharply.

The bbm group is for everybody shey? Would be very interested. Add me.

Thanks for your message baba
Sure, I gotta add you. Who knows? You may find yourself as a guest speaker at one of our social events one day smiley

1 Like

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by scotcom: 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
My name is olu I will like to be part of this loudable initiative pls add me,am into home appliances as well as ago retailing plus other little,little marketing
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
scotcom: My name is olu I will like to be part of this loudable initiative pls add me,am into home appliances as well as ago retailing plus other little,little marketing
Welcome scotcom. You shall be added to the list here on NL and later, I'll send you a PM ( NL bot has stopped me from sending pm at the moment )
Alternatively, you can PM here.
Once again, welcome to the forum of leaders and entrepreneurs. smiley
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by scotcom: 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ok,am sorry about the ban but you can equally send me an e-mail at scottyak1010@yahoo.com,this will be faster
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
scotcom: Ok,am sorry about the ban but you can equally send me an e-mail at scottyak1010@yahoo.com,this will be faster
I sent a mail for u to confirm.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
The list

1. newacca
2. Jamalee
3. Bank450
4. Biggboy
5. genralph
6. Yewaman
7. Ola
8. Ntyce
9. Gazzy88
10. fjoksy
11. readone1
12. Scotcom
13. Walewal
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by Walexwal: 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
Wow what a lovely concept. I lov dis cos 2 heads are beta dan one.

Am based in Abk, am a blogger www.agripreneurng..com, agriculturist, a bulksms merchant www.crushsms.com, importatn stuffs, online marketin etc..will really love to join yall..
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 3:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
Walexwal: Wow what a lovely concept. I lov dis cos 2 heads are beta dan one.

Am based in Abk, am a blogger www.agripreneurng..com, agriculturist, a bulksms merchant www.crushsms.com, importatn stuffs, online marketin etc..will really love to join yall..
Welcome. It's nice seeing Agriculturists online. You are the guys feeding Africa. I appreciate you all.
Hit me a PM, though I'll add up your name on the list here. It's already getting interesting on the BBM group. Great guys I must tell you.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by genralph(m): 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
newacca:
Welcome. It's nice seeing Agriculturists online. You are the guys feeding Africa. I appreciate you all.
Hit me a PM, though I'll add up your name on the list here. It's already getting interesting on the BBM group. Great guys I must tell you.
pls your e-mail address. So I can send my pin to you. Or u put up a barcode of the group so we can scan and add ourselves
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
genralph: pls your e-mail address. So I can send my pin to you. Or u put up a barcode of the group so we can scan and add ourselves

maplelandnewacca at y a h o o (dot) c o m

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa / How To Make Constant Winning Bet Using "Duoble Chance" Market. / Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.