Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (27397 Views)

Poll: Make your choice for next president:

IBB: 6% (42 votes)
Buhari: 8% (50 votes)
Atiku: 5% (35 votes)
Marwa: 3% (19 votes)
Oshiomole: 4% (28 votes)
Okotie: 8% (53 votes)
Duke: 19% (118 votes)
Okonjo-Iweala: 9% (58 votes)
Obasanjo: 2% (17 votes)
Odili: 2% (16 votes)
Utomi: 17% (105 votes)
Yar'adua: 10% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Otuoke (bayelsa) In 2007 And 2014-google Earth... / British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 4real(m): 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2006
pls this message is for all Dukist there would be prayer and fasting for the success of the primaries on the 13th of this month the fast would end by 1pm pls tell as many people as you know
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by omoniger(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2006
let's keep our fingers crossed.

God will decide this time around.

forget the noise around
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 4real(m): 5:25am On Dec 09, 2006
omonigger you make me laugh, God is waiting for you to make a move you are waiting for God to make a move you go dem bleeped up big time, even the bible says that he that would not work would not eat, faith without work is dead, should i go on, ask and you shall be given, endless place, at this point in time in our life you want to sit down and watch them in front of your own eyes trade your life away shocked i really don't know for you people oh, let me just let you know something that with Duke something has started a little revolution that is growing by the day and not just with people who just speak but show action as well

http://donaldduke..com/

I see in you omonigger a great nigerian with hope for this country i see in you a person who wants good things for other people i see in you a leader, but the thing is that is what i see what you see is what matters join us and see a GREAT NIGERIA that is our vision and it would be with or without PDP
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Affoxpope(m): 8:33am On Dec 11, 2006
Guyz, i'm happy that IBB our main-Man is out of that doom party. now we can talk to him and work with him. i don't know why pple still mention Odili's name. we should try and forget about that guy. U can still talk of Duke, Prof. Utom, kingibe and not Odili. but the best for nigeria come 2007 is still IBB.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2006
Is the best for nigeria 2007 really IBB?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Mariory(m): 1:00pm On Dec 11, 2006
No
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 4real(m): 5:48pm On Dec 11, 2006
big NO [/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by ayo84(m): 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2006
i heard a rumour about obasanjo settling for a yaradua/odili ticket.
what is wrong with obasanjo.If he doesnt support duke then he doesn't mean well for nigeria
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by medube(m): 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2006
ayo84:

i heard a rumour about obasanjo settling for a yaradua/odili ticket.
what is wrong with obasanjo.If he doesnt support duke then he doesn't mean well for nigeria

It seems your rumour is becoming a reality sad I would have preffered our leadership to be Duke/Yaradua
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Mariory(m): 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2006
medube:

It seems your rumour is becoming a reality sad I would have preffered our leadership to be Duke/Yaradua

How do you figure that. Today's newspapers say Obasanjo is leaning more towards Duke than Odili. However, they all seem to believe Yaradua is the person supported by Obj for president. Don't forget though, these are still speculations.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Bariloful: 11:26am On Dec 15, 2006
pls let us forget about All those ex-military rulers they were not train to service, rather they were traning to killed, let try somebody like Donalde Duke and Peter Odili and see their outcome, nairaland people u dey see oh well, although i no dey vote, becoz dem no register for my area
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Crownvilla(m): 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2006
Oh my! Is this true? If so, I'm glad to see the back of Odili, but I'm pained by Duke's exit. This was culled from today's issue of The News:

24 Hours To Convention: Odili, Duke Bow Out For Yar’Adua
Posted by admin on 2006/12/15 14:59:01 (1794 reads)
By Tony Orilade/Abuja

Governor Donald Duke and his counterpart in Rivers state, Governor Peter Odili have bowed out of the presidential race in the Peoples Democratic Party, 24 hours to the national convention of the party. P.M. News learnt that the duo withdrew this afternoon, on the instruction of President Olusegun Obasanjo. Yesterday, another governor, Ahmed Makarfi of Kaduna state also pulled out of the race. The moves by all these contenders for the prized crown are believed to have been dictated by the awareness that the convention may just be a formality, as the party and the leadership appear to have conceded the post to Governor Umar Yar’Adua of Katsina State, the younger brother of General Shehu Yar’Adua, Obasanjo’s deputy in the military dispensation of 1976-1979.

Meanwhile, the widow of Shehu Yar’Adua, Hajiya Asabe has called on delegates to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) National Convention holding in Abuja tomorrow, to cast their votes for Governor Umar Shehu Yar’Adua. She said Yar’Adua has all the qualities needed to lead the country among all those aspiring to rule the country. According to Hajia Asabe, “Yar’Adua is a man of integrity, transparency and an incorruptible administrator and deserves the PDP presidential ticket for 2007.” P.M News also learnt that any moment from now, two of the nation’s mobile leading telecommunication networks will be relaying messages to delegates to the PDP presidential primaries in particular and the subscribers of the two networks in general on the need to support Yar’Adua in his presidential bid.

The message sponsored by the presidency is rallying support for Yar’Adua who is believed to be the anointed candidate of the presidency and possible successor to President Olusegun Obasanjo. A proposal was sent to President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Mrs. Oluremi Oyo. The proposal specifically mentioned MTN and Celtel as the two networks that will relay the messages if approved. The message reads “support Mr. Integrity, Support Gov. Musa Yar’Adua for Presidency”. Another reads, “delegates, don’t sell your votes, don’t mortgage the future of Nigeria. Vote a man who would not corruptly deplete the resources of the nation”. The message was allegedly sponsored by Nigerian Youths for Integrity.

The proposal specifically said that over 10 million Nigerians would be receiving the message simultaneously and it will go a long way in creating enough awareness about the choice of Yar’adua as president. Though no cost was attached to the one page proposal, P.M.NEWS reliably gathered that the cost will be calculated after the approval by President Obasanjo. Ahead of tomorrow’s convention, Abuja the Federal Capital city and venue of the presidential primaries is aglow with activities as all the hotels are fully booked for delegates who have started arriving. Agents of the aspirants are also decorating the city with posters of assorted shapes and colours even though officials of Abuja Environmental Protection Board have warned that they will deal ruthlessly with anybody caught pasting posters in unauthorised places.

Nigerian Police spokesman, Haz Iwendi, has threatened that the police will not spare any trouble maker during the primaries. He said that the police have been trained to be civil to visiting delegates and residents of the city during the primaries. Iwendi, however, appealed to delegates and politicians to conduct themselves with a high sense of responsibility. He also appealed to the aspirants to educate their agents not to carry any weapon of any kind within and outside the venue of the primaries.

FlatThreadedNested Oldest FirstNewest First

The comments are owned by the poster. We aren't responsible for their content.
Poster
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by zexyworm: 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2006
Odili is out.

Duke is still in.

The report published today in The News was a baseless fabrication.

Thisday confirmed that only Odili is out anyway,
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 4Play(m): 1:45am On Dec 16, 2006
It seems that Obasanjo has settled on a Yar-adua & Uba tkt.The former has a dodgy kidney the latter  dodgy financial shenanigans
http://odili.net/news/source/2006/dec/15/801.html
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by azorjiu(m): 2:28am On Dec 16, 2006
4 Play:

It seems that Obasanjo has settled on a Yar-adua & Uba tkt.The former has a dodgy kidney the latter dodgy financial shenanigans
http://odili.net/news/source/2006/dec/15/801.html

In a short while from now, we will know the state of things. Let's not be too quick to make conclusions. I, for one, don't trust news on THE SUN. It is a twin tabloid of the The Sun (UK) here which writes on nothing else but immigration, calling all immigrants illegals, focusing on the polish and the so-called benefit fraud.

It is a common knowledge that Yar' Adua is the most likely successor of Obj. The Sun didn't reveal that to us. But for Uba to be his runnning mate, mbanu, no, it is a SUN lie. Their source is questionable. I read the news yesterday and I didn't believe a bit of it.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Crownvilla(m): 4:15am On Dec 16, 2006
@Zexyworm,

If you go to Duke's official website you'll see the sad news for yourself.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 5:49am On Dec 16, 2006
Look at the options above, do you see any name like Yar Adua? Indeed the last has become the first. He is the anointed of somebody but will the almighty allow it?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Jaybaba(m): 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2006
The die is cast, OBJ has picked Yar Adua to be his anointed candidate. The papers report Odili & Duke's withdrawal. Obj also wants his stooge Uba to be VP. What are the delegates going to Abuja to do? It is a waste of money for them to bother these delegates. OBJ and Ali could have just done the entire work and declared them president and vp respectively.

It is clear by these happenings that the PDP itself does not practice democracy by the rules even within its own party. The Katsina governor is virtually unknown to Nigerians. Integrity, uprightness and acountability are personality issues and not the problem of over 150 million Nigerians.

Using GSM text messages is a good way to advertise but these people should know that our cell phones are our private property and we pay for it and as such we should receive gratifications for any such adverts we receive. The PDP realises that Yar Adua is an unpopular man and not even a man the Nigerian people know or can identify with and they are desparate to buy cheap publicity for him using text messages to our cell phones. This is wrong,

Mass mailing/texting is unsolicited mail and it is also SCAM equivalent to the ones yahoo guys spend hours doing, No cheap publicity can make Yar Adua accepted now. He is an imposition of the sitting president on the PDP and thank God, Nigerians can see and make an informed decision on this matter.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 4Play(m): 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2006
I am starting to wonder whether this country is cursed.A nation that produced a Nobel Laurette and various other highly distinguished people will be run by riff-raffs like Yar'adua and Andy Uba
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by LoverBwoy(m): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2006
thats what you get when you dont have a revolution grin
whatever happen to the other parties, what happened to the south south southeast asking for their turn to get the national cake wink.

uba is a big fraud, bought all the degrees he could

seems like obasanjo got the whole country on lock down old man gangsta
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by gerrard(m): 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2006
hey, ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to congratulate alh. musa yar'd as a president of fed rep of naija 07, u know why obj back dis gentleman is that, only yar'd can cover obj and he has benefited 4rm obj adm so much, well, yar'd is man that believe in god despite his religion and so gentle i believe he'll perform than obj let's support him 07.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2006
@Gerrard,

Yar Adua is the PDP presidential candidate.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 19, 2006
otokx:

@Gerrard,

Yar Adua is the PDP presidential candidate.

Haha, Hausa man done already crown Yar'adua president.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:56am On Dec 19, 2006
PDP candidate will produce the next president.
So since Yar'adua has won the primary is pretty much safe to say he is the Presdent in waiting,

BTW does anyone know who won the primaries for state of governer of Plateau?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by LoverBwoy(m): 1:56am On Dec 19, 2006
plateau sates? that one is a small national state cake. i will prophecies one later wink

the national cake is the main thing right now grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Danmasani(m): 8:13am On Dec 19, 2006
Jonah David Jang won for Plateau State
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by franonline: 10:52am On Dec 19, 2006
There is no beter candidate, , The God of justice shall surely decide if an only if , this was time for SOUTH SOUTH President. Though our south south candidate are not serious. But there is hope for the youth.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2006
South south ke?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by alabiyemmy(m): 8:15pm On Dec 20, 2006
what legacy does Atiku have to rule this country - sentiments apart? Corruption will be embelished if he wins the election. A man who openly fights against the ruling President, without respect to the post he is aspiring to occupy? What vision has he? AC is joking.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:06am On Dec 22, 2006
Danmasani:

Jonah David Jang won for Plateau State

Shoot I wanted Sango to win, where do you people get such exclusive news, please share, knowledge is power
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Danmasani(m): 1:55am On Dec 22, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

Shoot I wanted Sango to win, where do you people get such exclusive news, please share, knowledge is power

Mantu tried all he could to impose Sango but it did not work. I didn't want Jonah Jang winning either. He is too old. Plateau State needs someone like Jimmy Cheto or John Alikali.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by babasin(m): 12:01am On Dec 26, 2006
A man who openly fights against the ruling President, without respect to the post he is aspiring to occupy

So when you have psyco as President, you should fold your arms and do nothing?

Nigerians should be greatful to Atiku & Co for stopping OBJ third term, otherwise, you will be in for another 25yrs of OBJ rule.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Backs NLC Planned Strike / Fani-Kayode: EFCC Secures Remand Warrant To Keep Ex Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.