Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (27368 Views)

Poll: Make your choice for next president:

IBB: 6% (42 votes)
Buhari: 8% (50 votes)
Atiku: 5% (35 votes)
Marwa: 3% (19 votes)
Oshiomole: 4% (28 votes)
Okotie: 8% (53 votes)
Duke: 19% (118 votes)
Okonjo-Iweala: 9% (58 votes)
Obasanjo: 2% (17 votes)
Odili: 2% (16 votes)
Utomi: 17% (105 votes)
Yar'adua: 10% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Otuoke (bayelsa) In 2007 And 2014-google Earth... / British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:02am On Dec 26, 2006
Danmasani:

Mantu tried all he could to impose Sango but it did not work. I didn't want Jonah Jang winning either. He is too old. Plateau State needs someone like Jimmy Cheto or John Alikali.
I heard that Jang did not win the primaries with the proper amount of votes, what will be the resultant now?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Mariory(m): 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2006
You think it was Atiku that stopped the so called third term? LOL
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Pain(m): 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2006
I Look Up Above At The Nairaland Polls.

Its Amazing That Yar'adua Never Even Made The List Of Contenders. Its Funny How Fate Works.

I Love God.
I Mean The Way He Works. Whom Could Have A Better Sense of Humor?

Even With Speculations On Yar'adua. HE Could Still Suprise us.

HE alone Has the Final Say.

HE Always Has The Last Laugh. Afterall HE IS THE ALPHA & OMEGA. undecided
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by OLadi(m): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2006
i think Atiku would have better chances of winning, if he picked Odili as his running mate, with his wife a yoruba, and a running mate ibo, the combination would have been perfect,
but oh well, everyone get ready for a Yar'adua presidency
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by McKren(m): 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2007
FORMER Secretary of the Conference of Nigerian Political Parties (CNPP) and Chairman, Citizens Popular Party (CPP), Chief Mazi Okwu, has warned Nigerian electorate not to vote for anyone who had been involved in a coup plot as the nation's president.

Okwu said such people had no business in asking for people's vote as they had worked against the collective wish of the people before by overthrowing democratically elected government.

He said presidential hopefuls like Gen. Muhammadu Buhari of the All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP), who was part of those who truncated democracy, should not be supported to become the president of the country.

Okwu said Buhari has "no moral justification to aspire to the exalted position of President" and should thus not be voted for by Nigerians.

He described his (Buhari's) participation in a military coup in 1983 as an act which could be likened to an insurrection against the Constitution.

Okwu said that no coup plotter should raise his head in public life in any civilised society, adding that his opposition against past military rulers bothers on "principle and not sentiments."

"That is the question that I have asked Nigerians. Why must all these military leaders that sabotaged Nigeria and shot themselves to power against our very wishes and with our own tax money, suddenly get empowered, like those who stole our money to build mansions and those who values were added to their profiles because they were minister or head of state through military coup want to return to power?" he asked.

The CPP presidential candidate charged Nigerians to vote only military leaders who did not hold public offices while in active service.

According to him, most of those in public life got empowered through questionable circumstances and should not be allowed to get back into public office which they ravaged through the barrel of the gun.

To the argument that Buhari's emergence as a military Head of State was circumstantial, Okwu said: "There is no way you can rationalise that. You can't because we have seen the example of Abacha who made the announcement that disturbed us in 1983, disturbed us early in the morning and said 'me and my colleagues'.

"By the time he left in 1998, he was the biggest looter of government funds in the history of the whole world."
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by 9ijaMan: 2:46am On Jan 04, 2007
I'm not a military apologist, but every Nigerian is entitled to contest for the post of the president. At least US had presidents who have at one time or the other been in the military.

For those who voted Duke, it's now obvious it's a dream which may never come to past. At least not in 2003.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Danmasani(m): 6:40am On Jan 04, 2007
Thisday Newspaper this morning talks about southwest support for Muhammadu Buhari. I honestly think that BUhari despite being an incorruptible,upright man should not become the president of Nigeria. I believe his truncation of the second republic is enough to rule him out. Yes,he did a good job curbing out corruption and sanitizing Nigeria but that was tyhe military era. This is a democracy where human rights ought to be respected. Gone are the days where flogging people for urinating on the road or execution for drug-peddling was done.
Buhari should remain a critic of the government. His voice is respected unlike assholes like IBB. He should remain a voice like Gowon. Besides Yar'adua has a persona like him and can also fight corruption head on. My only prayer is that Yar'adua should be a man of his own come May 2007, surround himself with Technocrats rather than miscreants and slowly purge PDP of disgusting elements like Olabode George, Ibrahim Mantu.

However, every Nigerian has a right to vote and be voted for so Buhari can do whatever he wants, but i think what Nigeria needs from him right now is a voice of a statesman.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by djcrucifix(m): 5:36pm On Jan 04, 2007
to be honest with you i don't really know 'cos of the instability of this people and thier parties alike. but i hope it is someone who will make our naija a proud nation
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by djcrucifix(m): 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2007
to be honest with you i don't really know 'cos lof the instability of these people amd their parties alike but i hope whoever wins would do our naija nation proud.

djcrucifix
p.s i thought it was going to be peter odili but surprise surprise,
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by McKren(m): 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2007
I'm not a military apologist, but every Nigerian is entitled to contest for the post of the president. At least US had presidents who have at one time or the other been in the military.

Being a soldier is a thing of honour and every Nigerian ex-soldier should be respected for risking their lives to serve the nation. But being a coupist who truncated democracy is a different thing The Americans you talk about did not plan a coup nor did they truncate democracy in any way.
Buhari can not expect to be voted to power a system he never believed in. No one will vote him, ANPP has only made it easier for Yaradua.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Vongauche(m): 11:00pm On Jan 04, 2007
all you people talking about the truncation of the 2nd republic: how old were you then? age 10 and above? if not, ask your parents or other elders who were mature then what the second repubic was like (particularly from 1980). then re-evaluate your opinions.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2007
Vongauche:

all you people talking about the truncation of the 2nd republic: how old were you then? age 10 and above? if not, ask your parents or other elders who were mature then what the second repubic was like (particularly from 1980). then re-evaluate your opinions.

Yeah that's true and I wasn't born during the second republic. Research I've done suggests that the coup was neccesary though, Government was becoming excessively corrupt during the oil boom and co.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by McKren(m): 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2007
Is corruption not present now, was there not corruption during the military era? those are the sought of names you give a dog to kill it. If Buhari and his cohorts allowed democracy to grow Nigeria would have been a better place than it is now.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2007
McKren:

Is corruption not present now, was there not corruption during the military era? those are the sought of names you give a dog to kill it. If Buhari and his cohorts allowed democracy to grow Nigeria would have been a better place than it is now.

Go and study your history Mr. Buhari's regime was truncated by IBB's coup and Nigerians were glad when IBB coming because to them, Buhari was bad for business as usual. What IBB brought is what we are still living today. If Buhari/Idiagbon were allowed to carry out their actions, who knows how Nigeria would have been now?. . . Those two were well disciplined back then, my grandma actually cried when Idiagbon died. People who were rejoicing that Buhari was removed are now crying.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by McKren(m): 12:42am On Jan 05, 2007
Donzman sometimes I cant figure out what you are getting at. Was Buhari Elected? Did your grand mother vote for Buhari?
He ousted a democratically elected government that is what we are saying, he and his cohorts including IBB do not deserve to benefit from a system they dont believe in.
The next thing you will tell me is Shagari was corrupt but if democracy continued we would have moved on by now. We would have learnt from our mistakes.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 05, 2007
Was Buhari Elected? Did your grand mother vote for Buhari?

No he wasn't elected but his coup was basically in the spirit of preventing us from sliding down to where we are today.If he was given a chance, Nigeria will be a more disciplined place than it is today. Shagari's regime was horrible, some coups are actually good for a nation.

The next thing you will tell me is Shagari was corrupt but if democracy continued we would have moved on by now. We would have learnt from our mistakes.

I seriously doubt that. You need to accept the fact that some coups are good for a nation, look at Jerry Rawligns in Ghana for an example that's closer to home.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by debosky(m): 12:59am On Jan 05, 2007
the only way Buhari will win is if a lot of power groups join together. they will need to be satisfied, including Atiku. but the result will be the same as Obj's first term - a lame duck president who cant do anything he wants, but needs to do what others want. If Buhari was so determined he should have listened to Obj's request to come over to PDP. I believe that he is good enough (in principle) but i suspect he has become caught up in the current mess. . . . . . Yar'Adua is a better bet in my estimation, a quiet man who has been doing his thing steadily and has a respectable family dynasty where he has learnt good quality leadership skills and talent
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Christino(m): 1:19am On Jan 05, 2007
IF some people had won the elections in the past, DOnzman'll prolly be typing with his elbow (SHARIA!) shocked grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 05, 2007
Christino:

IF some people had won the elections in the past, DOnzman'll prolly be typing with his elbow (SHARIA!) shocked grin

You might want to check out a thread I started concerning Buhari's stance on Sharia. He believes it is not to be subjected to non-muslims which is allright with me.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by rnc2006: 7:38am On Jan 05, 2007
Hey man!

This is me Ricky.

I have come to know that you are looking for a song called "Doo bee doo" by a South African band Freshlyground.

Could you please send me that song if you have

I would be too grateful to you.

Bye
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Mariory(m): 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2007
Donzman:

You might want to check out a thread I started concerning Buhari's stance on Sharia. He believes it is not to be subjected to non-muslims which is allright with me.

Isn't that the same thing the governments of the Northern states practicing sharia said?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 06, 2007
Mariory:

Isn't that the same thing the governments of the Northern states practicing sharia said?

I'm not in support of Sharia on the whole country sine most people don't want it. The majority of people in the North want it so they can have it as long as it does not interfere with non-muslims up there.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by tenor(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2007
What moral justification has anyone to ask for sharia? Is buhari a devout muslim? Does Islam support financial embezzlement? All these guys are all in it for their selfish ends and we Nigerians are going to collect the bribes and vote for them, only to cry of suffering later on. The just concluded promaries showed that this country is being played like a game. We are dancing to the tunes of some particular people. We all know the truth but fail to act. May the people who defraud this nation die one-day! Some secret militia should hunt them and kill them for thier policies/actions have killed millions of Nigerians, including children. People starve, lets face it. 2007 my arse. May they all die gruesome deaths!
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by letsthink(m): 6:05pm On Jan 07, 2007
To my fellow Nigerians whoever you may be and whereever you maybe, is it not time we stop and think? for how long shall we trivialise the issue that are of great concern to every single Nigerian irrespective of ethnic origin , social status, or where we live. i believe that history can only ridicule us all (as it is already doing), that in this age in this 21st century  that things will still be going on the way it is in Nigeria. despite the pool of talented & industrious men  and women that Nigeria has on its fold.
i want you all to stop and think for a moment. Nigeria is Nigeria ( or rather should be) for every citizen of that nation. when was the last time we had a president/leader who has sat down to think of the deplorable state of that country, the welfare of us all Nigerians ? my answer will probably be in 1960 when we had independent. since then what we've had has been sycophants, Dictators and murderers those who will ignite a riot in the north to destabilise the unity that we live in. or those that will send down amoured can and soldiers to the Niger delta when the people say the spoils of their land is becoming too much,, & those that will spend millions of our money to send their children to study in the western colleges and universities, drive big cars live in big mansions and yet they live in abject denial because no matter how much money they have in the west they are still another black man.
so today i ask you my brothers and sisters though the road ahead might be tough but is it not time we start asking our leaders questions, and not just our leader but also our journalists, those that sing the praises of a known criminal juts to sell their papers, those that feed us with jargon every day on our national dailies those journalist that praise our leaders instead of criticizing them and even ourselves, Nigerians for respecting a man just because he has money without even knowing where his money is coming from.
well me as a true Nigerian which i believe there are millions like me out there i will do my bit by coming home whenever they say the election is and vote the only man whom i believe has the interest of Nigerians at heart. to my own opinion i  do believe that Mr utomi is the only man from what i can see now who has the ability to put Nigeria back on track again. i made  up this assumption not because i have collected money from Mr utomi nor because i am from his state but because i have read a lot about his vision for me as a Nigerian His vision about the sate of our economy and agree that this might be our second chance.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by edisco: 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2007
pls i think okonjo-eweala should be given the change to be the next president sinnce the men ve fail to deliver.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by edisco: 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2007
pls who i dis utomi? bahuri, ibb,obasanjo, duke, odilli ve rule the country in state or federal wot ve they done regarding the mass? we all knw dat democracy is the govt of the people and for the people, who re the people? i guess the massese, but every leader is just there to enrich demselves. pls let come together as one nigerians n to vote someone dat will bring to pass a nigeria( the giant of africa)
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by McKren(m): 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2007
you are a waste of space on this thread. Iweala is not even in Nigeria or any political party. So why?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Okeamu1(m): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2007
I do say none of the above, The PDP candiadate Yar'Adua will be the president of nigeria but it will not last, it may either be followed by prosecution and forceul removal or a coup plot in the nation
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by kollyp2000(m): 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2007
Yar' Adua is the man cheesy
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by chistiana(f): 10:04am On Jan 11, 2007
Ya r dua, will rule nigeria, but wont rule for long, cause he's not the right man to govern this country. IBB can only create more scandal, more muderes more rubbers more corruption so to say,

i think if there is more chance for OBJ to rule he will still go. while Atiku is just a scape goat, he as nothing to offer to this country than to eat up the money, which we can find youth to rule this country, it would ve been a better place.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by McKren(m): 10:39am On Jan 11, 2007
chistiana:

Ya r dua, will rule nigeria, but wont rule for long, cause he's not the right man to govern this country. IBB can only create more scandal, more muderes more rubbers more corruption so to say,

i think if there is more chance for OBJ to rule he will still go. while Atiku is just a scape goat, he as nothing to offer to this country than to eat up the money, which we can find youth to rule this country, it would ve been a better place.

No disrespect though, but you may be more useful on threads like entertainment or romance. grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by oggboy(m): 12:32pm On Jan 11, 2007
the criteria is faulty as it is not based on happenings on the ground, yar' adua is not there and other contenders, so make a new list of the reality and see who goes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Wike And His Wife, Suzzette Celebrate Valentine's Day (Photos) / Reno Omokri Celebrates His Daughter, Tsola Bemigho's Birthday (Photos) / Pantami Blocks Twitter Users Who Questioned Silence On Zamfara, Katsina Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.