Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (27369 Views)

Poll: Make your choice for next president:

IBB: 6% (42 votes)
Buhari: 8% (50 votes)
Atiku: 5% (35 votes)
Marwa: 3% (19 votes)
Oshiomole: 4% (28 votes)
Okotie: 8% (53 votes)
Duke: 19% (118 votes)
Okonjo-Iweala: 9% (58 votes)
Obasanjo: 2% (17 votes)
Odili: 2% (16 votes)
Utomi: 17% (105 votes)
Yar'adua: 10% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Otuoke (bayelsa) In 2007 And 2014-google Earth... / British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Okeamu1(m): 1:54am On Jan 12, 2007
I will decline to vote on this

McKren:

No disrespect though, but you may be more useful on threads like entertainment or romance. grin

She is fairly right. Ya'rdua is not fit and will not rule for long. OBJ reformation is in trouble and he is obviously confused. OBJ is now convinced that ya'dua is not the man but its too late for him to change his mind. The confusion is even more as Atiku withdrawal as the vice president is restored.

As if this is not enough, OBJ is so scared of the next power guy, he went on to reform and swear in new ministers in less than 6 months to quit office. Does that not tell you that he is very scared? peherphs he is trying to make the final round money with this new people before leaving office

I am sorry but OBj cannot eat his cake and have it. I commend him for being a typical yoruba man, Doing the worst and covering it with deceit. A leader we need in Aso Rock is a person who is not only going to say things but actually implement his words.

Most of the promises, that OBj made during his take over actually started working less than 12 months to quit office. What economy in this world is that slow? It simply shows that he has no vision for Nigeria,. Political investors hijack PDP and we all see the effect during election. Isn’t this enough?

Okonjo iweala came into Nigerian economics with American approach and indeed developing countires approach to sustainable economic reform however Obasanjo rejected this and heed the cry of many Nigerians by appointing a weaker woman with lower reputation globally.

OBJ is a tortoise and so is the game in politics. The fairest election is nigeria in my opinion is not going to happen until a nigerian individuals miraculously or out of super intelligence becomes a billionaire in $$$$$ and then invest it in nigerian politics which none of these guys can afford. This same person will be willing to sacrifice this money for the sake of making nigeria a better place. Otherwise there is no way all these potential candidates will come in without trying to fill their pockects first. The ideal future president of nigeria will not only have political, educational and business experience but this person will also have a selfless and non biase personality both ethical and religious wise. From my evaluation, none of the persons mentioned in this vote does not merit this. In fact the beautiful ones are not yet born.

Perhaps I will be the one by my 45th. I am currently 25.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by McKren(m): 9:46am On Jan 12, 2007
The confusion is even more as Atiku withdrawal as the vice president is restored

Dont celebrate too early there is always an undertone to OBJ's every move.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by chistiana(f): 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2007
@ Mckren
I admit am not good @ politics, but all the same i make a good contribution.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Okeamu1(m): 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2007
McKren:

Dont celebrate too early there is always an undertone to OBJ's every move.

Are you his new trumpet? Cerebration is over and OBJ will grow weaker and weaker in power from now,
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by McKren(m): 3:59am On Jan 13, 2007
chistiana:

@ Mckren
I admit am not good @ politics, but all the same i make a good contribution.

Christana was only trying to wind you up but so ashamed of my self that you had a very polite reply, nice one though grin grin grin grin

Oke_amu:

Are you his new trumpet? Cerebration is over and OBJ will grow weaker and weaker in power from now,

Well I hope Atiku grows stronger and stronger to power.
I dont think OBJ is growing any weaker, I only think that our democracy is maturing.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by staloone(m): 11:57am On Jan 13, 2007
shocked na wa oh! who called ibb inside this matter, please ibb should be given the back bench, his not feat for the nation, i prefer others to him.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Ryley(m): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2007
I think Donald Duke is the best candidate for the job. Anyone who doubts this should go to calabar and see what the man has done there. He proves that not all (prospective) Nigerian leaders are selfish and seek to enrich themselves without doing the work they are called to do.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 14, 2007
Ryley:

I think Donald Duke is the best candidate for the job. Anyone who doubts this should go to calabar and see what the man has done there. He proves that not all (prospective) Nigerian leaders are selfish and seek to enrich themselves without doing the work they are called to do.

You feel Duke is the best man for the job but too bad Duke does not feel he's the best man for the job. If he did, why would he step down for Yar'adua?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by IboMan1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2007
cool I believe we should get rid of sentiments here.
He is cute so he should be president*&?;'
What a load of Horse sh*t. Believe I have no qwams with the choice
I respect the man especially after visiting his side of the country and noting the
great achievements.
Being President goes beyond getting to that position or aspiring for it.
we should look at
What those your resume says?
What are your plans for our people?
How do you plan to achieve it?
And definitely I believe a well doctored personality ( Doctored as in trained from the early citizens of this country longbefore
corruption came in. People such as our founding fathers .one who knows the ideals and real plans for this country.One who has genuine feelings for the Motherland and no other person should be there.) In that regard we should arm our selves with what we have , THE RIGHT TO VOTE.
Everyone has it go out when the time comes and make a difference.Leave the rest to GOD.
Martin Luther fought for his right and many years later the change is still being enjoyed.
People lets make our change
Vote and Vote wisely

the power is in your hands
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by McKren(m): 12:16pm On Jan 16, 2007
Donzman:

You feel Duke is the best man for the job but too bad Duke does not feel he's the best man for the job. If he did, why would he step down for Yar'adua?

I don't agree with you, Donald Duke is only playing politics like it should be played and adhering to the rules. By declaring for presidential contest under PDP he has subjected himself to the rules governing that party and must respect it most especially when he is presently a serving governor under the party.
If the party top brass has decided to crown Yaradua he has no choice but to respect the wish of the party. Parties are entitled to how they choose their leaders either by election or selection its up to them. Duke as a Lawyer by training understands this and it will be foolhardy to engage himslef in the kind of cheap desperation Atiku is known for.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Mariory(m): 5:27pm On Jan 16, 2007
-
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 16, 2007
@McKren

A true leader will not put the wish of his people and most of all his own wish below that of his party. If he's true to himself and felt like he was the one for Nigeria, he could have put up a better fight than he did. The fact that he gave up just like that tells me that he's far from being strong-spirited.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by TayoD(m): 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2007
I'm on the side of the 9.3% voters so far of this thread that Chris Okotie is my man for the presidency. He's got the vision, the passion as well as the standing to ascend that honorable position. I read through his interview recently where he articulated his vision again and I just applaud his intellectual and nationalistic zeal. 

Please go through this article objectively and tell us what you think: http://www.independentngonline.com/news/185/ARTICLE/18433/2007-01-07.html
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by danniecool(m): 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2007
Oshiomole is the right candidate, He is the man for the masses,
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2007
danniecool:

Oshiomole is the right candidate, He is the man for the masses,

If at this stage you do not know that Oshiomhole is running for Governor of Edo State then I don't know what to tell you.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by McKren(m): 11:59pm On Jan 22, 2007
Oshiomole ke!!!!!!!!!!
Some of this people should be posting only in romance
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 23, 2007
Entertainment - Jokes/Poem section will be more like it. grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by derint(m): 2:38am On Jan 25, 2007
Talking about DUKE, he was schemed out of the PDP running because: -
1. He was threaten with EFCC
2. He does not want to go against Baba
3. PDP is more important to him than the love of his country
4. He who fights and run away lives to fight another day.

I hope you guys remember what happened in 2003 when Okotie was schemed out of the NDP primaries. He immediately changed party and joined the Justice Party.

Look at Ladoja in Oyo state, He couldn't stand on his principle and leave the PDP for he fears another impeachment and attack to his person.

I stand corrected I hope you all read Rueben Abati last Sunday (http://odili.net/news/source/2007/jan/21/5.html) His opening sentence was “Those who are currently seeking public office through the 2007 elections (with the notable exception at the Presidential level of Professor Pat Utomi and Pastor Chris Okotie) give the impression that what matters most is the thrill of the chase and the eventual prize that they seek.”

But a lot of you youth who are supposed to be the future of the country cannot even think and make a concrete decision because you have all been blinded by the Poverty stricken and corruption encapsulated society you live in where lawlessness is the order of the day.

Every time I read news about Nigeria it is just about comic relief but deep inside I weep for Nigeria.
I have read from this forum that “Na grammar we go chop”

femialao (m) Re: If Chris Okotie Becomes President Come 2007 « #10 on: June 10, 2005, 11:20 AM »
I think Okotie really saw a vision that he was a president, But I don't think if he really know which one he is to head, Maybe it an association,organization,groups,Church or a party. But am definitely sure it not to be the president of our great and hard 2 rule country Nigeria.

Danasco (m) Re: If Chris Okotie Becomes President Come 2007 « #11 on: July 27, 2005, 12:27 PM »
NA GRAMMER WE GO CHOP?

“And that the country is too hard to rule”
Is that the reason why we should sit down and do nothing about it?
Why don’t you do your part and leave the rest as the saying goes.
I believe those who complain about GRAMMER are those who lack progress and inquisitive education.
Have anyone of the ever heard or read the Speeches of Obafemi Awolowo, Azikwe or even Wole Soyinka, These are people that will talk and provoke you to pick up a dictionary and check what they are trying to convey. I was not born or maybe a child during the time of  “Peculiar Mess”.
Remember when Abiola talks it is full of Symbolism, Proverbs, Metaphor, Human Ideology e.t.c.
I think Nigeria needs a FRESH start.
We need a president that will challenge our intellect and Thinking.
Let me stop here because if it is too long some of the lazy bones on this forum will not bother to read it.

Please there is a spell check on this forum try and use it.

Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 3:02am On Jan 25, 2007
Other than that hypocritical bit which we both know by now, nice post! cool grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by derint(m): 4:14am On Jan 25, 2007
Thanks
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by McKren(m): 6:31pm On Jan 25, 2007
Talking about DUKE, he was schemed out of the PDP running because: -
1. He was threaten with EFCC
2. He does not want to go against Baba
3. PDP is more important to him than the love of his country
4. He who fights and run away lives to fight another day.

Who says!!!!!!!!
Listen guys propaganda takes no one anywhere, talking about Duke. The original and thorough PDP screening produced 5 people only, they include Yaradua, Mauzu, Markafi, Duke and Egwu. it was after some military officers and some PDP bigwigs like Odili pleaded not to be embarrased in that manner and the fact that OBJ could be setting a dangerous precedent against military officers that the situation was reversed and 20 people were let through. If the EFCC had something tangible to bully him out of the race why was those same facts not used to stop him during the screening that produced the 5 initial PDP candidates.

On the eve of the Primaries OBJ called Duke to advice him to step down on the grounds that power has been zoned to the North, I believe he was so disappointed and shocked. While rounding up his blog he wrote on the topic "All good things, " a section of which read

By Friday morning I was very confident that I was going to pick the party's ticket but by mid-day of the same day I was no longer a candidate, what happened in between is left for the PDP to answer,
though this has been edited right now I guess in other not to join issues with no one

What Duke did is the smartest thing to do, whats the point going on in an election that the winner has been predetermined?? whats even the point moving to another party when he is a sitting PDP Governor, he can only do that if he is ready to resign. Dont tell me others are doing, because that does not make it a legal act. Duke is a Lawyer by training it will be very shameful of him flouting the constitution because Mr. A or B is doing the same.

He is just 45 and will still be president if it is God's wish ok!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by jejelolatu(f): 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2007
i think .sorry .I KNOW d combination of yaradua and goodluck is da bomb.why didnt u mention them in your polls.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Amobi1(m): 5:00am On Jan 30, 2007
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by waffistyle(m): 12:09am On Feb 01, 2007
Mr. Donald Duke was my first Choice, but unfortunately he was forced to step down, based on Babas instructions, Baba everyday is revealing his "wayo" tendencies, common in Yorubas, it is very difficult to see a Yoruba that stands strong on his words, this man is skilled in deceit, and thinks he is smarter than everybody else,

His fight aginst Atiku, and the way he has been going about it, with high disregard for our constititution, is horrible,and a shame, it actually makes me to now want Atiku to be President, wetin sef?

Baba has been too personal with his fight to make sure Atiku does not become President, is Nigeria his personal property?, it is our collective decision to chose who governs us, and not his personal decision.

then why Yar adua?, he needs a puppet, he can control,

he actually thinks we are all fools,

ATIKU FOR PRESIDENT, HE IS MY NEW MAN[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by mekoyo(m): 2:49pm On Feb 01, 2007
Let God choose.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 11:45am On Feb 03, 2007
When people talk of God choosing I see an escapist mentality.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by donnymikky(m): 11:22am On Feb 04, 2007
Let God choose.

Na Angels go vote?? Let us stop being fanatical about issues that requier a simple knowledge of GOOD AND BAD. We know the bad leaders then we should stop them with our votes. About 98% of chinese dont believe in the existence of God yet their economy is the best now. I am never an advocate of the Devil but I think RELIGION and POLITICS are two different things.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 9:50am On Feb 06, 2007
is it true that Chinese hate black men?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by donnymikky(m): 11:27am On Feb 07, 2007
is it true that Chinese hate black men?

It depends on what part of china you live. I live in Shangdong province and the people are extreemely good. Even chineese themselves acknpwledge the fact that some of them are very bad people. So my brother whatever you experience in Nigeria as per people's behaviour, the same thing is obtainable here in China. All over the world there good and bad people.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by olawa20(m): 6:29pm On Feb 08, 2007
what has being a yoruba man got to do with having integrity.
waffistyle:

Mr. Donald Duke was my first Choice, but unfortunately he was forced to step down, based on Babas instructions, Baba everyday is revealing his "wayo" tendencies, common in Yorubas, it is very difficult to see a Yoruba that stands strong on his words, this man is skilled in deceit, and thinks he is smarter than everybody else,

ATIKU FOR PRESIDENT, HE IS MY NEW MAN[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
you shouldn't get all emotional because you're discussing nigerian politics. does abacha and IBB's performance while in office describe the Hausa people.

Obasanjo's performance as president should be judged in the light of his personal character. u should know that some of his most ardent critics are yorubas.

the truth is that nigeria needs leaders with vision and a strong passion to bring development to her people. a lot of people rooting for donald duke have never been near the creeks of the niger-delta, but when you see a visionary you know it. it has nothing to do with ethnicity
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by donnymikky(m): 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2007

se your problem na OBASANJO or YORUBAS generally? I cant immagine how the sin of just one man will become the burden of the entire Yoruba race.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by shakamc(m): 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2007
the list is not complete therefore these so called poll is useless,where is orji uzo kalu and other aspriants.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

“i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment / Reno Omokri Celebrates His Daughter, Tsola Bemigho's Birthday (Photos) / Bakare To Buhari: We Can Shut This Govt Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.