Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? (46483 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / If Women Are Attracted By What They Hear, What Are Men Attracted To ? / Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by LMAO(f): 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2006
Dont hate! We Caribbean women have a different culture from yours! We are all black people together dont be against each other. Nigerians should be happy we are mixing the cultures. Not every Caribbean woman likes a Nigerian man and vice versa. Talk about Nigerian men marrying people of other races instead! And never believe Caribbean women are easy! There are exceptions to the rule for everything, but generally we put up a fight! Dont think i am married to a Nigerian man, i have friends from there and I dont like the accent! It's my choice.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by naijadiva2(f): 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2006
Dont hate! We Caribbean women have a different culture from yours! We are all black people together don't be against each other. Nigerians should be happy we are mixing the cultures. Not every Caribbean woman likes a Nigerian man and vice versa. Talk about Nigerian men marrying people of other races instead! And never believe Caribbean women are easy! There are exceptions to the rule for everything, but generally we put up a fight! Dont think i am married to a Nigerian man, i have friends from there and I don't like the accent! It's my choice.

a beg, make una siddon fo dere. what exactly is your point. i don't get what you are saying. and plus we didn't say every carribbean women are easy. i don't know about others, but from what i've seen, they are. people around my area, whether it be in school or neighborhood or whatever knows that they are.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by superman(m): 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2006
whoa wa ya taak about! u no say them nigerian boys ar run tings! them man na bad man a that!bomberclut na african a that! yes dred. u no say them man a pussyclut! hey look dere yo yo big bumper big bumper u look good me wan taak to u!

that sound to me more like a monkey noise in the jungle! wonder if anyone appreciate get chat up like that! well i find that criminal voice accent put off whenever i approach a  emm i repeat jamaican chick! who say jamaicans arent easier to toast! what planet u from bro!

wonder if u ever heard rusian base voice accent, german or scadaniaver people as well! nigeria i think are beautiful people lets be straight in comperative to jamaicans born in jamaica hmm if u like! and as a matter of fact the table is against nigeria of cause carribbean love to hate nigerians with passion and dnt u dere denial it. wonder which side the jealous is comin from !
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by naijadiva2(f): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2006
Dont hate! We Caribbean women have a different culture from yours! We are all black people together don't be against each other. Nigerians should be happy we are mixing the cultures. Not every Caribbean woman likes a Nigerian man and vice versa. Talk about Nigerian men marrying people of other races instead! And never believe Caribbean women are easy! There are exceptions to the rule for everything, but generally we put up a fight! Dont think i am married to a Nigerian man, i have friends from there and I don't like the accent! It's my choice.

a beg, make una siddon fo dere. what exactly is your point. i don't get what you are saying. and plus we didn't say every carribbean women are easy. i don't know about others, but from what i've seen, they are. people around my area, whether it be in school or neighborhood or whatever knows that they are.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by vostel(f): 1:47am On Jul 25, 2006
This post is very similar to the ones I often see on African American boards. But there, the post is "Why are African American men attracted to white women." Invariably on those boards, the responses from the African American men would consist of insults and degradations of African American women and comments in favor of white women. I was always dissappointed and surprised to see that -- as I think it is shameful to find an ethnic group categorically dismissing their women. A nation never rises above its women.

Anyway, I am happy that on this website, most of the responses from men have not insulted Nigerian women. Some have insulted-- but many have not.

While people can have preferences, it is not okay to dismiss the women in your ethnic group, for whatever reason. I remember once, I was visiting Chicago and was having dinner with some doctoral students from Kenya, but educated in the United States, and some white American men. I was the only woman in the group. We started to discuss women and which group had the best women. Being a woman, I mostly listened to the conversation and did not say much. But what followed was an almost 15 minutes of praise of Kenyan women, by my three Kenyan friends. They said Kenyan women were the prettiest, the nicest, the most shapely, on and on. In fact they encouraged the white men to try dating a Kenyan sister. Do you think that Kenyans don't have issues with their women? Of course they do. But at least these three Kenyan men knew one thing -- you do not disrespect the women in the ethnic group that God placed you in to outsiders. Never. Vice versa -- Nigerian women must never disrespect Nigerian men to outsiders.

This is not to say we must marry each other ( i'm engaged to a Non- Nigerian) or that we must be attracted to each other. But a Nigerian man must not throw insults at Nigerian women to justify his preferences. If you like carribean women -- fine. If you find one that you love and want to marry -- congratulations! But please do not disrespect us to justify your preference -- it's cowardly. Plain and simple.

In response to the original post -- I visit London at least five times a year. My fiancee and I know several Nigerian couples there -- where a Nigerian man is married to a Nigerian women. so it is not categorial that all Nigerian men are attracted to carribean women. You should properly modify your question to more accurately say "why are some Nigerian men attracted to some carribean women."

If you correctly ask the question, the answer becomes apparent -- it is an issue of personal preference.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by vostel(f): 2:01am On Jul 25, 2006
By the way, in response to all those posts about nigerian women being sexually rigid -- there is aboslutely nothing wrong if a woman prefers not to be sexually loose before she marries (now if she marries, by all means, she she should be a freak in the bedroom!) I always revolt at the idea that in order to "catch a man" a woman has to give up sexually on his terms. Nope -- not if you don;t want to. I am a testatement of that. Being a good woman is a whole lot more than being sexually "free."

i';m getting married, at 24, and i didn't give up sex to my fiancee until we got engaged. most people said he would he would leave me (and yes, I lost a few men, some Nigerian, because of that). I won't lie, I too thought he would leave. But I knew that it is the husband God gives me that I want, not any other.

My fiancee is exactly what I wanted -- financially very secure (and yes, there's nothing wrong with wanting a man who is financially set, just make sure you're not materialistic); a Christian, very educated, loves me, and loves my country Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by DaHitler(m): 2:35am On Jul 25, 2006
I don't know about other Nigerian guys, but I am attracted to personalities. As for looks, I am not picky. And no, I haven't noticed any extra attraction to carribean girls.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by sage(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2006
Yeah Afeni, i dont have any restrictions on the Nationality of those who i chose to fall 4. Ive always been open mnded about stuff like this. Could be rolling with a Carribean girl (or any girl from anyother nationality 4 that matter) All these talk of easy lays is funny. I have never seen a rich man who does not get all the women he wants from any said country even the moslem ones. The only ones that beg 4 sex are poor men and these are really the ones looking 4 easy lays. Rich men normally go 4 class acts regardless of nationality. If he picks any nationality he can sleep with as much class women as he likes, while the poor ones keep going about begging 4 sex and looking 4 easy lays.

Nationality does not influence my decisionson matters of the heart but others might see it differently though.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Amobi1(m): 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2006
@ Vestel, i agree with u not to cretisize nigeria women, but i will never encourange someone to date from any culture. let them figure it out. Don't tell me people don't know how keynan women look. Tellin people naija ladies r the best is definitely no my style. but anyway i also think african girls are doing the right thing some how b/c, people always have the mentality that there r from africa and not deserve as much as others. Most African men talks about everything, they r stupid b/c this same white chicks they r dieing for has low self esteems, Come to my school and see what they Do, especially during a furtanity party. So, i no go blame any naija girl to act the way they act. Black men in general discussed sex alot & like having sex when it comes to child support they start crying. well, i think naija girls shouldn't worry, they r on the right track.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by vostel(f): 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2006
Amobi, please i never asked you, or any Nigerian man to go telling people to come and date from our culture. I was simply using the Kenyans as an example of how not to disrespect women from your ethnic group before outsiders. Likewise, just because I don't disprespect Naija men to non Nigerians does not mean I will encourage outsiders to date a Nigerian man. As you suggested, to each his own.

The example, was not to say that Kenyans are the best or not the best, or that we should encourage outsiders to date us or not -- but simply to say that when we talk about ourselves to others, we should respect what we say, because others are taking their cues from what we say.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by fd: 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2006
Nigerian, carribean or whatever lady you want to mention here are all on the same wave length, it all depend or the particular side you are looking, Nigerian and carribbean ladies have different trait that is attractive to different people,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Maat: 7:48am On Aug 25, 2006
@ To All

First of all, Nigerian women are not losing their men. Nigerian woman is a black woman first and a Nigerian second. Nigerian woman has many black men to choose from. I am a Black American and Black American men sometimes get on my nerves.

If I see a fine Nigerian black man the I am feeling, or a Carribean Rasta, or a fine black man from Mali or a fine black man from Ghana or a fine black man from anywhere on this planet, trust you me, If I can make him mines, that is what I am going to do wink

I love black American men but then I love All black man and I am glad that there is so much variety of black men to choose from. If the Nigerian man wants to get him a carribean woman, I am happy for him, at least he is not with a white women. Black on black will always produce black children. Black people as a whole are African first and Black second.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Akinagirl(f): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2006
whats wrong with that?? Im carribbean and i am dating a Nigerian man! smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by zebudaya(m): 5:22pm On Aug 25, 2006
@ Maat

I'm Nigerian first, and black second. We don't learn how to think in terms of race until we get to the west.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Akinagirl(f): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2006
@Coco!
are you Jamaican
I am, Jamaicans are concidered the Carribbean, i would know because i am from there. Jamaican is the Island. The Carribbean.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Maat: 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2006
@Zebudaya

I'm Nigerian first, and black second. We don't learn how to think in terms of race until we get to the west.

If you don't learn to think in terms of race until you get to the west, why do you call yourself Nigerian first? Seperating your self not only from American Blacks or Caribbean blacks but also from the rest of the Africans on the Continent of Africa.

Don't blame the west for your ignorance. Isn't that what you would tell A.A? Don't blame the white man?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Akinagirl(f): 8:45pm On Aug 25, 2006
@ naja Diva, thats funny and true about Jamaicans! Some are really really black. However, Jamaicans come in every color like Africans. There are Brown, Like me, white, cream, medium brown and Black. Sean Paul for example. He is Jamaican and he is light skinned! So we come in different colors just as you all do.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by zebudaya(m): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2006
Maat:

@Zebudaya

If you don't learn to think in terms of race until you get to the west, why do you call yourself Nigerian first? Seperating your self not only from American Blacks but also from the rest of the Africans on the Continent of Africa.

Don't blame the west for your ignorance. Isn't that what you would tell A.A? Don't blame the white man?

Being Nigerian is not a race, it's a Nationality, I'm not blaming anybody. I'M NIGERIAN first. I just happen to be black.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Maat: 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2006
@zebudaya

I'M NIGERIAN first. I just happen to be black.

It is nice that you are proud to have been born in Nigerian but the fact of the matter is if your parents brought you to America and gave birth to here, you would be black American with two parents who are Black Africans, So, you are black first as a whole you are African first. No matter where you are born and raised, if your parents are black you will be black first. Who you are is what you will be no matter what and that is black, you can't change that However if you just happen to be born somewhere else your title changes. Would you call a white person an African Nigerian?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by GNature(m): 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2006
Nigerian men are attracted to caribbean women for the
same reason any man is attracted to a woman.

We don't necessarily single out caribbean women. A Nigerian
man can be attracted to a woman of any nationality.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Maat: 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2006
@ Gnature

A Nigerian
man can be attracted to a woman of any nationality.

But what would be a Nigerians reason for being attracted? They have to have some type of discrimination factor. No one should be all loose like that being attracted to who ever. One has to have some type of prinicipals.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by zebudaya(m): 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2006
Maat:

@zebudaya

It is nice that you are proud to have been born in Nigerian but the fact of the matter is if your parents brought you to America and gave birth to here, you would be black American with two parents who are Black Africans, So, you are black first as a whole you are African first. No matter where you are born and raised, if your parents are black you will be black first. Who you are is what you will be no matter what and that is black, you can't change that However if you just happen to be born somewhere else your title changes. Would you call a white person an African Nigerian?

Maat I won't let you define me. I told you what I am. If have my kids in America I would let them know they are 100% Nigerians, they may be Americans By birth, but culturally they are Nigerian.

I never said I wasn't black I just said I'm Nigerian First. Being black is hot sometimes not all the time. It's like Clark kent and Superman

Nigerians can be attracted to her looks and personality!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by GNature(m): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2006
@Maat

The reason (for instance) a Nigerian can be attracted to
any woman could be her physical appearance.

I am a Nigerian man and I find the ff ladies (for instance) attractive:

Eva Longoria (Latino)
Patra (Jamaican)
Denise Richards (white)
Genevieve Nnaji (nigerian)
Sanaa Lathan (black american)

So you see, a nigerian man can find a woman attractive
regardless of her nationality (not all men of course)
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Maat: 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2006
@ Gnature

The reason (for instance) a Nigerian can be attracted to
any woman could be her physical appearance.

I am a Nigerian man and I find the ff ladies (for instance) attractive:

Eva Longoria (Latino)
Patra (Jamaican)
Denise Richards (white)
Geneviene (nigerian)
Sanaa Lathan (black american)

So you see, a nigerian man can find a woman attractive
regardless of her nationality (not all men of course)

Report to moderator Logged

I see.

The reason why I asked that is because there are some beautiful Nigerian men here in America, I mean beautiful. I have seen them screwing around with hookers and women who are dirty, I mean just plain old nasty.

These women are black and white but the white ones are really nasty.

Me as a black woman, I can help a brother out if he needs some assistance with his hygiene because some of us have not been properly taught the importance of hygiene, you know what I am saying? but that don't mean I want to be with him in that way. So, I just wanted to make sure that Nigerian men are attracted to anything that has a Puzzy. I know this is not true for all Nigerians but I do see it alot.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by zebudaya(m): 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2006
To each his own. The dude is not complaining about dating a nasty woman, Why should you? maybe she treats him better than the "fresh and beautiful" ones who are only good for gazing at.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by GNature(m): 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2006
Matt

What does dating nasty women have to do with what we are talking about? Your response really
puzzles me. Or are you misinterpreting what I wrote?

You said there are beautiful men going after nasty women - Where is this coming from? I am really
puzzled

@zebudaya, do you know what he is talking about? Because I really don't.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Maat: 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2006
@ Zebudaya

To each his own. The dude is not complaining about dating a nasty woman, Why should you? maybe she treats him better than the "fresh and beautiful" ones who are only good for gazing at.

I worked at a school where the children I taught had a Nigerian father. There mother was A.A and she was poor. He made frequent trips to England and not once took her and the children with him. When he left he would leave her no money and he would send no money. When he met her she was not so clean and she was poor but he knew that. Getting back to the point.

She had to break down and steal food because she had no money to feed his children, remember he was in England. He came back without her knowledge. The kids had not been picked up so the staff had to call him for emergency pick up. When he got there to the school, he was so mad that the when he arrived to the school he bad talked her telling me and other staff that she was in jail for stealing food and that he just found that out. He went on to say how dirty she was and how he could not stand her and he wanted to send his children to Africa.

My point is he knew she was that way so why complain unless he just saw the puzzy and didn't care about the dirt. This was a very nice looking Nigerian and he was clean. You are right, to each is own but if to each is own, why complain about what you chose on your own?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Maat: 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2006
@ Gnote

What does dating nasty women have to do with what we are talking about? Your response really
puzzles me. Or are you misinterpreting what I wrote?

I asked you what determinds the attraction for any woman. I told you if that is so, are Nigerian men interested in any women as long as they have a puzzy? You gave me your response.

My point is a man should be a little more discriminative. Just because it looks good does not mean it is good.

The topic is about Nigerian men being attracted to Caribbean women. The Nigerian woman who started this discussion sounds like a woman who does not want to share Nigerian men maybe because she feels she has more of a right to them because of the culture. You said Nigerian men are attracted to all types of women. I gave you a story about the types of women here in America that Nigerian men have chosen to be with. I was playing devils advocate. The woman who started this topic probably feels that for some of the reasons that I pointed out, Nigerian men should just stay with their own to avoid such matters and all would be okay. So, I just wanted to point out that whatever woman you choose, make sure she is the best and hopefully she will at least be black.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Maat: 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2006
@ zebudaya

Well if she treats him better he should treat her better also. He should supply her with the money to wash her clothes if he is going to be sleeping with her. He should also bath her instead of telling people how ditry she is. LOL
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by GNature(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2006
@Maat

Women other than Nigerian are not dirty women and just because you
saw a nigerian man with a "dirty" american woman does not mean
that all american women are dirty.

I am sorry to say this, but you are being narrow minded. If this is how you
feel about women that are not Nigerian, GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

I am leaving this thread to find something more productive to do.

again, GOOD LUCK TO YOU
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Maat: 11:09pm On Aug 25, 2006
@ Gnature

Women other than Nigerian are not dirty women and just because you
saw a nigerian man with a "dirty" american woman does not mean
that all american women are dirty.

You just totally misunderstood my point.

I am an American black woman, I would in no way say that all Black American women are dirty. I also sure as hell would not say that all Nigerian women are clean either. That was not the point however. The point was some Nigerian women may see one instance of a Black American woman that they don't like and say that all black American women are the same. The real deal is though, Nigerian women just use that as an excuse to say that Nigerian men should just stick to their own. It is a manipulation on the Nigerian womans behalf to get her man to be with what she percieves as his own people. We are all black. That is why I said that when a black man choses another black woman to make sure he chooses the best and as long as she is black.

If you get it this time you get it. If you don't get it I give up. Sometimes I wonder if it is a language barrier or is it a cultural barrier that sometimes causes us to not be able to comprehend each other.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by zebudaya(m): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2006
Maat:

@ Zebudaya

I worked at a school where the children I taught had a Nigerian father. There mother was A.A and she was poor. He made frequent trips to England and not once took her and the children with him. When he left he would leave her no money and he would send no money. When he met her she was not so clean and she was poor but he knew that. Getting back to the point.

She had to break down and steal food because she had no money to feed his children, remember he was in England. He came back without her knowledge. The kids had not been picked up so the staff had to call him for emergency pick up. When he got there to the school, he was so mad that the when he arrived to the school he bad talked her telling me and other staff that she was in jail for stealing food and that he just found that out. He went on to say how dirty she was and how he could not stand her and he wanted to send his children to Africa.

My point is he knew she was that way so why complain unless he just saw the puzzy and didn't care about the dirt. This was a very nice looking Nigerian and he was clean. You are right, to each is own but if to each is own, why complain about what you chose on your own?

Maat when he met her she was probably clean, now she is "dirty and stealing food" have you ever thought that she might be on drugs like crystal meth, heroin, and that if she is stealing food she is probably selling her body for sex? but you judge the dude for being distant, maybe if the dude gives her money she uses it to feed her drug habit so he doesnt send her money, he wants his kids but he doesnt have custody of the kids.

Think about that and give me a reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We've Broken Up, But He Still shows concern. / Hijab Doesn't Stop Sexual Harrassment- Muslim Lady Cries Out / What Do You Guys Do With The Pictures You Disturb Ladies For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.