Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? (46487 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / If Women Are Attracted By What They Hear, What Are Men Attracted To ? / Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by GNature(m): 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2006
@zebudaya

Please don't waste your time reasoning with Maat. It's not worth it.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by seeker(m): 11:19pm On Aug 29, 2006
I think Maat is just trying to wind you all up. Thats the only explanation I have for the arguments taking off in all directions.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Coco29(f): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2006
my question was why are nigerian men attracted to carribbean woman, i never said any one was nasty.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by zebudaya(m): 12:00am On Aug 31, 2006
Coco29:

my question was why are nigerian men attracted to carribbean woman, i never said any one was nasty.

so are you Maat? If you are then whadafxup with using two i.d's on the same post.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by pfowighz(m): 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2006
I luuuuuuuuuv Carribean ladies; they really special. Methinks its cuz of their chocolate complexion, they're usually better formed - u know, great bodily assets and they're quite easy GOING. And ofcourse, they're REAL!!! MOST naija gurls are NOT real with themselves!!! The whole lying bout purity; laziness on/in bed, silly expectations, the whole shebang, just puts me OFF!

I still have ALL respect for ma Naija gurls; they are INDEED the BOMB; they take a space in ma heart that no other gurls cud take; but so do the Carribean gurls!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by trinigirl1(f): 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2006
//
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by trinigirl1(f): 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2006
//
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by desiree(f): 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2006
@trini-girl

You are beginning to sound like a broken record, looks like someone just dumped you for a fine naija sister, oh well, sorry, no one forced you to go out with a Nigerian man, you and your brethren made a conscious decision to date Nigerian men so deal with it!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by trinigirl1(f): 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2006
Maybe it's because the Caribbean woman is the african woman with more flavour.

We inherited much of Ghana from the middle passage, so we cook many varied forms of african food.

In Trini dialect , "we could put dong a serious cook"

Not only that, we're sexy, intelligent and know what we want. Yes we have our morals, but we're always open to learn about the man we love, and do our best to meet him half way.

But we are not subserving, low self esteem, grovelling behind our man idiots.

I speak for the educated woman.  

We don't need a man, we choose to have one.

The Nigerian man sees the potential in a Caribbean (trinidadian) woman.

She can be all thigs too him and more.

But I beg, leave us alone.  You are monsters!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by trinigirl1(f): 7:22pm On Sep 01, 2006
Desiree,

I would not go out with a Nigerian if he was the last man on earth. Don't make me vomit.

This is just an avenue to vent the truth, my frustration and disgust. I turn these men away all the time!
and advise my friends to do the same.

Nigerians are not nice people as a whole,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by chinani(f): 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2006
Brothers & Sisters, please ignore Trini_dumby, she's in a desperate search for attention.

If you respond she'll never make it to mental hospital.

Please, be cruel to be kind.

trini_girl:

Nigerian men are disgusting vultures! I live in Trinidad and Tobago, and these men keep coming here trying to marry us, offering us money, gifts and promising a sweet life in America or back in Nigeria. Their father is always some chief.

They are trecherous liars!!! And hate each other while pretending to be their friends.

trini_girl:
I have never had a Nigerian man. God forbid!
So you've never dated a Nigerian man but you know all about them? Can you spell S-T-E-R-E-O-T-Y-P-E? Sound it out. . .How about B-I-T-C. . . tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by desiree(f): 7:32pm On Sep 01, 2006
Awwww, I feel your pain but believe me this is not the best way to deal with your heart break and I’d appreciate if you don't insult any woman because of what you went through.

trini_girl:

But we are not subserving, low self esteem, grovelling behind our man idiots.

I speak for the educated woman.  

We can see clearly now that the only idiot here is you, if you were educated like you claim to be, you would know that there is no difference between MEN, be it Jamaican, Cameroonian or Nigerian, men would always be men.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by chinani(f): 7:33pm On Sep 01, 2006
trini_girl:

Nigerians are not nice people as a whole,
Then why are you here?

Who sent for you?

Or are you a masochist?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by trinigirl1(f): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2006
Chinani,

I may have been wrong about you. I thought you were intelligent, but I realise that if you have to stoop to trying to insult people to get your point across you're no better than bluenubian and jessilina.

I gave you too much credit. It will not happen again.  

I don't cast my pearls to swine.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by trinigirl1(f): 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2006
The best way to silence an ass is to ignore it ,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by desiree(f): 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2006
@chinani

I totally agree with you!!!

@ trini-girl

Go and lick your wound somewhere else, Hating will only make you uglier angry angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by trinigirl1(f): 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2006
Interesting how the woman defends the good for nothing man unjustifiably while he laughs because he knows the truth.

African men take their culture very seriously, so there is no way you can compare the African American, Caribbean or even Caucasian American man to the true African man.

They all have their own moral and cultural value depending on where they come from.

Which is why Nigerian men and women are the way they are.

For the ones who choose to break free of this culture and do the right thing I am happy for them, and hope that someday I will be blessed to be friends with some Nigerians who do not prove their nature to be the stereotype that continues to plague my country.

Bless!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by chinani(f): 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2006
Trini_girl, I apologize for calling you dumb. That was unnecessary.

No, I am not trying to defend abusive & mean-spirited men, but I do think that your posts are out of line.

What I should have asked is,

How can you have an opinion about a relationship that you've never been in?

I do not have an opinion about being w/ Caribbean men though I've been told horror stories.

And did you not insult me first? You've said just as many horrible things about Nigerian women in your last 3 posts as men. We "grovel", are uneducated, are not "nice people", and on & on.

I should have responded more maturely, but I think you should post more maturely as well.

My 20 kobo.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by mochafella(m): 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2006
trini_girl:

Chinani,

I may have been wrong about you. I thought you were intelligent, but I realise that if you have to stoop to trying to insult people to get your point across you're no better than bluenubian and jessilina.
I doubt she needs you to be right about her. You started the insults.

trini_girl:

For the ones who choose to break free of this culture and do the right thing I am happy for them, and hope that someday I will be blessed to be friends with some Nigerians who do not prove their nature to be the stereotype that continues to plague my country.
You think they'll want to hang with u and that attitude. . Not everyone has time to educate a closed book.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by trinigirl1(f): 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2006
Oh Chinani,

I did not mean to insult any woman.  I'm sorry. My statement was that educated african trinidadian women are not that way.  We do not grovel and are not subservant to men.  

I'm also sorry if I implied anything different.  But you know, Im enjoying these posts! LOL! Sometimes I may just say things to get a reaction.  I shouldn't do that.

I would love to meet Nigerian men that would prove my opinion of them wrong. That's why I'm here.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by trinigirl1(f): 8:00pm On Sep 01, 2006
Even though I've never been in a relationship with a Nigerian, doesn't my seeing a friend in one count? Or hearing story after story along the same line? It's always the same thing here , meet a trini woman, woo her, marry her, then abuse her. Not once have I heard a positive report. Even from my friend that works in the Nigerian High Commission here.
It makes me very angry.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by chinani(f): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2006
@T_G
OIC. Well I think if you're an open person or try to keep an open mind with people in your day-to-day life -- even with reservations -- you'll find nice Nigerian men to be friends with. Your Ghanian bf might have some Nigerian friends already.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by chinani(f): 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2006
@T_G
Well first hand accounts count for something but you can't pass them off as your own. I hear American men (Afam, white, etc.) say they go to "the islands" & have sex w/ a bunch of girls & leave. The implication being that Carribbean women are "easy" and/or hypersexual. The concept is especially believed in the Afr.Amer. community w/ music videos held up as "proof" but I don't pass these notions off as fact.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by superman(m): 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2006
now wa ooo! nigerian men again eh under attack! i guess emm carribean men are so full of family moral! so full of it! wonder where ur baby father is. maybe he is with his second baby mother in "Port of Spain" or shall this nigeria man cross over to kingston in Jamaica !

well make u watch am ooo! all yall haters in the planet

well big up big nigerian men big up bless ha more fire in de place ! bomerclut ! yes big bumper ur so called men are so great! what a communication skill right here!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by BrownEyes4(f): 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2006
@superman

lol. Ah Tru Dat!

Nigerian men are not attracted to Caribbean women - its the other way round! And what better way to entice the men - Sex. Man is Man! What man would turn down sex? Now if a large percentage of Naija men were MARRYING Caribbean women, then it is a different story. Until then Caribbean women are just playthings until the men are ready to settle down.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by superman(m): 4:50am On Sep 02, 2006
Brown-Eyes well baby no mind those fools! dat think life is all about smoking weed and bing bling!

oh well blah blah come again!!!

Nigerian men are great ! and ur post just comfired that if u can pause to visualise that!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by BigSis(f): 10:39pm On Sep 02, 2006
Chiania,

Any man can go to Nigeria and have sex with as many naijas, both men and women, if he has the money. Beastiality isn't off limits.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by chinani(f): 12:12am On Sep 03, 2006
BigSis:

Any man can go to Nigeria and have sex with as many naijas, both men and women, if he has the money. Beastiality isn't off limits.
Beastiality, ke? What are you talking about? Is this a response to something I said?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Yolanda(f): 4:16am On Sep 03, 2006
I think that Nigerian are like any other men out there, They think they can speak sweet nothings in your ears and cause your legs to fly open. I honestly believe it's about any woman having respect for herself and judging a man by his words as well as actions. There are good men and bad men everywhere. I am currently speaking to a Nigerian guy who wants to "shine the Congo". His ultimate goal is America but is just passing through my homeland. In the interim, he wants a relationship with no strings attached. I don't agree with him but i won't dislike all Nigerian. Caribbean guys are pretty much the same if you allow them. In any event, most are just passing through and eventually want to settle with their Nigerian women. Jamaicans are not a reflection of the other Caribbean islands and we are a bunch of fun loving ppl, ready for a party. There are different shades of black in the region due to our mixed society (we can't help that). Anyway, i think the attraction is a momentary one, especially when they are so far away from family and country.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Sista(f): 3:17am On Sep 04, 2006
@ Chinani

Brothers & Sisters, please ignore Trini_dumby, she's in a desperate search for attention.

If you respond she'll never make it to mental hospital.

Please, be cruel to be kind.

Quote from: trini_girl on September 01, 2006, 07:11 PM
Nigerian men are disgusting vultures! I live in Trinidad and Tobago, and these men keep coming here trying to marry us, offering us money, gifts and promising a sweet life in America or back in Nigeria. Their father is always some chief.

They are trecherous liars!!! And hate each other while pretending to be their friends.

Quote from: trini_girl on September 01, 2006, 07:11 PM
I have never had a Nigerian man. God forbid!
So you've never dated a Nigerian man but you know all about them? Can you spell S-T-E-R-E-O-T-Y-P-E? Sound it out. . .How about B-I-T-C. . .

Chinani, I don't understand, if you dont' feel that all Nigerian men are bad, why would you tell another Nigerain sister to date other men like white, Hispanic, Asian etc.

Which side are you on?

A sister posted about not being able to find a Good Nigerian man, your response to her was to try dating White, Asian, and Hispanic men.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by chinani(f): 3:26am On Sep 04, 2006
@Sista
You asked me the same question on another thread. I tried to clarify. Again I will say that I do not think that all anyone -- man or woman, white, black, undecided -- are good or bad. Fullstop. Hope this stops the confusion.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Sista(f): 3:44am On Sep 04, 2006
@ Chinani

@Sista
You asked me the same question on another thread. I tried to clarify. Again I will say that I do not think that all anyone -- man or woman, white, black, undecided -- are good or bad. Fullstop. Hope this stops the confusion.

If a Nigerian sister ask you where are the good Nigerian men? and states that she wants a Nigerian man but she can't find one and when she does find a Nigerian man, all he wants is sex.

When your response to her is to casually say "Try dating White, Asian and Hispanic men"
The implication is you have concluded that their are no more good Nigerian men.

You really need to be careful with what you say. As I told you in another post, you are very young I believe 22. You have just become a young lady but you are not that far from just coming off of your mothers breast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We've Broken Up, But He Still shows concern. / What Do You Guys Do With The Pictures You Disturb Ladies For? / Hijab Doesn't Stop Sexual Harrassment- Muslim Lady Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.