Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,660 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? (46488 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / If Women Are Attracted By What They Hear, What Are Men Attracted To ? / Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by londoner: 10:19am On Apr 25, 2008
, Or because he wants you to have his baby, lol
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Zaria17: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2008
As someone said earlier, its all bout who you fall in love with. I'v been with my hubby since my late teens, happily married with beautiful children. His Jamaican parentage was not an issue to us. Personally i can't see what all the fuss is about. Whatever makes one happy.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Cayon(f): 3:25am On Apr 26, 2008
I am a C'bbean ouman and I've been asked many times if I am Nigerian, they said it's my feature.  Once or twice I've been asked if I am Ghanian, they also said it's my feature.  However, I find some Africans’ attitude toward C'bbean women a little anti-social.

I remember telling this African dude that my father was Nigerian and my mother is C'bbean and he said that I am not really an African and my blood’s not pure. And so I said, "well we all are one and he must remember that Africa was decimated by slavery.

We need to get out of this trbal mentality.  African vs c'bbean vs african american and especially africans vs africans It is because of this tribal mentality thats why we keep killing each other.

Africa is separated into distinct tribal areas, which are also split into micro-tribes, which as they grow, push and strain at each other. Add into that mix, groups separated by religion, people wanting power and you have an ever evolving mix of people who all know the "one way to live".

Until we rid ourselves of Dominance ,Power Control, envy and greed we'll never get along. And to all the Africans countries who are fighting against each other, I am of the opinion that no outside use of force can bring peace, only a leader of strong morals and convictions can do that,  and who knows if we will ever see such a leader stand up and lead without getting gunned down.

Life is too short for people to be worrying about their identity.  And I think that's another reason why, Africa as the Motherland will not survive the crises they face today. And who to blame? "us"

Peace
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Omode: 4:41am On Apr 26, 2008
@ Londoner

Is that something personal?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by GinikAwa(f): 8:44am On May 06, 2008
Ivvey My aunt has been married to her Nigerian husband for over 20 yrs, my best friend's cousin has been married 2 her hubby over 15yr, my younger cousins spent many summers in ng,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by blackedbs: 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2010
why dont they keep the pictures its hard to judge from the post supploied.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by madlady(f): 4:17pm On Apr 21, 2010
Hmmm.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by zewditu(f): 8:57am On Jul 03, 2010
I'm from Trinidad, if a Trini man were to marry a man from anywhere, Caribbean or Africa, its no big deal. The world is ours, we have no great ties to the land of our birth, we know and can identify our unique culture but thankfully there is no tribalism.
It is said by many cause we do have alot of Nigerians living here that Nigerian men only like TO MARRY Nigerian women and its clear from this thread that there is alot of pressure on the man to do so. But if you live in the Caribbean, work amongst us,live and lime with us island ladies and then happen to date or love us why the presure from the family because we are not Nigerian.
A nigerian elder who taught me at school tried to convince me that Africans were not responsible for selling our (Caribbean people) ancestors to slavery, I beg to differ , look at the contempt at my people because of our nationality. This elder then convinced us girls that the culture is soo different from ours that it is better for his son to marry a Nigerian, But where do you live , eh , here in the Caribbean, if our culture is sooo DIFFERENT then maybe you shoud go back from whence you came andleave our culture and yes do leave our ladies alone.
But Nigerian men dont do that , they come to stay!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Coco29(f): 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2010
@zewditu

yo king u are taking this to deep, i live in London and most African men just loveeeeeeeeeee them self a Caribbean women and by the way not all Caribbean island are like that, in Barbados they do not like i would even say hate Afrikan men
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by trinibabes: 8:21am On Aug 18, 2010
i feel for both arguments, but as a trini i grow up in a culture where dating a nigerian is frawn upon, which is sheer ignorance, but as i got older my perception change due to the fact i met a good nija man who is intelligent, funny,sexy,god fearing, and kind,but as i came to the realization that to get a good nija man or woman they must have a lot of western culture in them ,unlike the die hard ones who have never left the shores of nigeria,and if they do pick up good qualities that will make them appreciate and respect other cultures,.  but still they are great differences between a caribben woman and a nija woman, and that is becuse of cultural differences, and that my friends is what most men are attracted to difference, not the norm, unique. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by MrCork1: 9:17am On Aug 18, 2010
I always date Carribean women coz they are prettier. Cant stand Nigerian women.

they are Too materailistic, too arrogant, too complicated , too stressful, too mascline, cant cook or clean and they never obey
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Nobody: 3:22am On Dec 13, 2010
I DONT CARE IF THIS THREAD IS OLD I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY DAMMIT LOL!

@"Badmind" Coco: say what you want to say about Jamaicans but one thing you CANNOT deny, when it comes to the Caribbean, WE RUN IT! First thing that comes to ppls mind when they think of the ISLANDS? Jamaica. Most visited island? Jamaica. Most praised Island? Jamaica. Need I say more. You other islanders run to OUR parties, jump on OUR bandwagons and when we call you all out for being hypocrites you all are quick ESPECIALLY Trinidadians, to say "but wi all from di island bredda! we alla family! we all black!". When it is beneficial to you all, then we are the same. We Jamaicans are loud? Let me tell you, I am from New England, U.S.A, live in the south but that is my home and I go up EVERY YEAR. you want to discuss loud? you ever see the Bajans, Trinis, Guyanese dem in Brooklyn during the summer time when everyone is done hybernating from the cold? Jesus Christ! And WE are loud?

Not one time other islanders except Cubans and Haitians even ATTEMPT to link yourselves with Africa, at NO time. For one thing most Bajans, Martinicans and lesser Antilles Islanders are Creole/ multi racial and get offended to be called black! Trinidad has more East indians than black so you already know how that goes! And in the Dominican Republic if you tell some one who is truly African in features (dark skin kinky hair) that they are African they WILL try to chop you with a machete if you are lucky! So now you get a little attention by some Naija stud and you feelin cute now you want to attack ppl?

You run to a Naija site talking poo about Jamaicans and Nigerian women, like you think we being from the Caribbean makes us any better than Naija babes. You are mistaken. We are black ppl on both sides of the Atlantic. Sure some Nigerian women may be envious and hateful but so are some W.I. women when our men date outside of the region. There are more JAMAICAN/African relationships that other islands/African and that is mostly due to the fact that outside of the ignorant Jamaicans in the UK, we Jamos everywhere else especially IN Jamaica adore and praise Africa so we seek Africans. You even validated this when you said on another thread "funny enough Marcus Garvey who was jamaican knew more about Afrika than born afrikans." Here in the states where I live, Africans OUT NUMBER us @ our OWN parties/clubs LOL. Not the soca/calypso carnival time reh reh, STRICTLY dancehall clubs. They even attempt to speak patois and dress like us, and we Jamaicans are amazed and greatful. The DJs give Africa a big shout out @ EVERY party. So dont play yourself trying to diss us to get some clout after you blatantly disrespected Nigerian women talking about "they dont like to see us Caribbean women with African men". Some of them (Nigerian women) dont give two schits and a half! You are a carbon copy and a clown, tek weh yuself!

No disrespect to the other islander who know what is up and are not biased! and those who dont, a FI YUH BIZNESS!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by tpia1: 6:03am On Dec 13, 2010
This post is very similar to the ones I often see on African American boards.  But there, the post is "Why are African American men attracted to white women."  Invariably on those boards, the responses from the African American men would consist of insults and degradations of African American women and comments in favor of white women.  I was always dissappointed and surprised to see that -- as I think it is shameful to find an ethnic group categorically dismissing their women.  A nation never rises above its women.

must be a black thing.

While people can have preferences, it is not okay to dismiss the women in your ethnic group, for whatever reason.  I remember once, I was visiting Chicago and was having dinner with some doctoral students from Kenya, but educated in the United States, and some white American men.  I was the only woman in the group.  We started to discuss women and which group had the best women.  Being a woman, I mostly listened to the conversation and did not say much.  But what followed was an almost 15 minutes of praise of Kenyan women, by my three Kenyan friends.  They said Kenyan women were the prettiest, the nicest, the most shapely, on and on.  In fact they encouraged the white men to try dating a Kenyan sister.  Do you think that Kenyans don't have issues with their women?  Of course they do.  But at least these three Kenyan men knew one thing -- you do not disrespect the women in the ethnic group that God placed you in to outsiders

interesting.

personally, i consider it bad breeding the way some men go on and on with the senseless generalizations.

most of them are criminals, fact.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by endowedB: 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2010
It may be somethinig to do with their looks! lipsrsealed and apparently they are more open to experiment in bed
http://breastfullyendowed..com/
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by BabyE1: 6:01am On Dec 30, 2010
@MzDarkSkin I am so glad you said that. I am not Jamaican and I agree with you.

This might be off topic BUT I love my naija boy and I embrace his culture, because I like practice something called common decency. Why date this Nigerian man if you have not respect for females from his country? He has a mother, and if not a sister, many female relatives, I find it disrespectful for females to bring each other down like that.

**Focus on the love in your relationship and stop stirring hate.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by babsjnr(m): 1:13am On Jan 01, 2011
black is black nationalities or background doesn't matter in relationships, i'm british nigerian and i love caribbean women
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 01, 2011
^^we love u too!
Baby_E:

@MzDarkSkin I am so glad you said that. I am not Jamaican and I agree with you.

This might be off topic BUT I love my naija boy and I embrace his culture, because I like practice something called common decency. Why date this Nigerian man if you have not respect for females from his country? He has a mother, and if not a sister, many female relatives, I find it disrespectful for females to bring each other down like that.

**Focus on the love in your relationship and stop stirring hate.

No problem and AMEN! smiley I have dated African men who have put down African woman, I guess in an attempt to make my "head swell" tongue but I feel disgusted by it because it was an African woman who carried them for 9 months (unless they were a preemie LOL).
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Nobody: 4:04am On Jan 01, 2011
In general, Nigerian men are just as attracted to Nigerian women as they are to Caribbean women.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by ekubear1: 7:04am On Jan 02, 2011
I've never really been one to say, "Oh sh1t, this girl is from Group X, lemme go holla at her!"

It is more like I see a pretty girl, then later on down the line find out she is from wherever tongue

Hotness of a woman is more important than ethnicity, nationality, etc to me.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by sexylogan(m): 10:07am On Jan 02, 2011
ROSSIKE:

In general, Nigerian men are just as attracted to Nigerian women as they are to Caribbean women.

^^^ I disagree. Drop a naija bro in Jamaica and he will surely run after dem hot Jamaican chics. 99.9% of
naija guys secretely wish they had the chance to date/marry half-castes or Carribbean girls or
latinas. Havnt u noticed this trend wen Naija guys find themselves abroad?

@ Mzdarkskin; So u r From Jamaica,eh? Nice.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by InkedNerd(f): 10:11am On Jan 02, 2011
sexylogan:

]^^^ I disagree. if naija gus had access to foreign girls, theey wud more often than not pick them over naija girls.
Havnt u noticed this wen they find themselves abroad

Hehehe, I don't wanna take sides with your comment but I see it all the time when I visit family in the UK.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 02, 2011
sexylogan:

^^^ I disagree. Drop a naija bro in Jamaica and he will surely run after dem hot Jamaican chics. 99.9% of
naija guys secretely wish they had the chance to date/marry half-castes or Carribbean girls or
latinas. Havnt u noticed this trend wen Naija guys find themselves abroad?

@ Mzdarkskin; So u r From Jamaica,eh? Nice.

No my mother is. I am only half. Jamaican women are no different from other women to be honest.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by sexylogan(m): 11:13pm On Jan 02, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

No my mother is. I am only half. Jamaican women are no different from other women to be honest.
^^^Well, i've got the impression that all Ethiopian, Eritrean and Jamaican women are good-looking and
well-manered. Where's your dad from?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 03, 2011
^^LOL NOT ALL, some. There is good looking and unattractive in every nationality. I love Jamaicans as I am half, but not all of us are "cute", same for every other ethnicity. My father was African American.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Dsense(m): 12:58am On Jan 03, 2011
I want to marry a Jamaican cry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Carolece(f): 1:03am On Jan 03, 2011
really now!? as per topic
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Dsense(m): 1:05am On Jan 03, 2011
^^^Yep!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Ivynwa(f): 1:40am On Jan 03, 2011
@Poster
Sweetheart, we seem to be musing alike, I came up with the thread below 2 weeks ago after noticing that trend in which some west Indies ladies are tripping for Nigerian men. What a coincidence.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-570836.0.html
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Nobody: 3:51am On Jan 03, 2011
^^and as you saw according to the replies, everyone else begs to differ. Not that there is anything wrong with Nigerian men but we don't go "ga ga" over them. I more so lust after Ghanaian men undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by BabyE1: 4:03am On Jan 03, 2011
Love is not obsession,  this "ga-ga" thing sounds so  lipsrsealed,  and this is not in offense to anyone, BUT the same ones that are going gaga turn out to be the ones to bash them in the end if they are not what they expect. If anything is important, love them for who they are and not where they are from.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Ivynwa(f): 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2011
Baby_E:

Love is not obsession,  this "ga-ga" thing sounds so  lipsrsealed,  and this is not in offense to anyone, BUT the same ones that are going gaga turn out to be the ones to bash them in the end if they are not what they expect. If anything is important, love them for who they are and not where they are from.

MzD@rkSkin:

^^and as you saw according to the replies, everyone else begs to differ. Not that there is anything wrong with Nigerian men but we don't go "ga ga" over them. I more so lust after Ghanaian men undecided

You guys don't have to take these things to heart and too seriously, we are just talking and having fun for goodness sake. Loosen up ladies  grin  grin grin Anybody can go gaga for anybody for sure irrespective of the person's origin. This is just a forum for chit chat and that's just it, no big deal girls.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by sistajay(f): 4:13pm On Jan 03, 2011
Ya wanna know why Nigerian men are attracted to the Carribbean women . . . . . . na becos they don 419 us finish, our eyes don shine!! We don too wise for dem. . .ahahahahah. . . . hehehehe! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Do You Guys Do With The Pictures You Disturb Ladies For? / Hijab Doesn't Stop Sexual Harrassment- Muslim Lady Cries Out / Why Is It Difficult To Woo Guys On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.