Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

How To Propose To A Man - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Propose To A Man (27074 Views)

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Propose To A Man by lekropasky(m): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hmm.....FP.
Re: How To Propose To A Man by lalasticlala(m): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
Jaideyone: long method... just say the words while u are on top of him playing cow girl wink

you'll get a yes 95% of the time.

trust me...

lol

then after that what happens when his eyes don clear?

1 Like

Re: How To Propose To A Man by Joeself1(m): 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
i pray naija gurls go fit do am
Re: How To Propose To A Man by KA24DETT(m): 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
What's up with all these marriage threads in the front page recently . Nigerian men definition of marriage is different . They propose to a girl during the honeymoon phase (one year of relationship), Get married and 1-2yrs into that relationship, they get bored and want to try different pu**y. They go around chasing this new goal with every energy they have . The women are left miserable and uncared for . That's 90percent of Nigerian marriages .
Actually , y"all should be creating topics with the heading "How to stay faithful in marriages ".

2 Likes

Re: How To Propose To A Man by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ok! I have heard you!
Re: How To Propose To A Man by omajali2003(m): 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
Women proposing to men; sign of end time
Re: How To Propose To A Man by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
Easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: How To Propose To A Man by sheylarhh(m): 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
nurey: Haba how will you be waiting for a woman to propose to a man na. She can only give the body and signal, it is left for the man to interprete the signal and act on it. If he doesn't then he is a slow poke or he doesn't deserve het.
If a girl should propose to you, it will be the topic of nairaland for years.
proposing is different frm wooing/toasting.... Either of dem can propose.. So it is not wrong for a girl to propose 2 a guy
Re: How To Propose To A Man by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
Go down on your kneels and present the ring.. just the same way we do.
Re: How To Propose To A Man by sweetsleek: 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
this is quagmires of excutiatum exavolare of a woman
Re: How To Propose To A Man by Emulti(m): 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
sirjohnson: Women should never propose to a men. It will backfire. I repeat, it will backfire

killing english since 1914 in presence of Sir Lord Lugard.

6 Likes

Re: How To Propose To A Man by Jaideyone(m): 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
lalasticlala:

lol

then after that what happens when his eyes don clear?
make him fulfill his promise grin
Re: How To Propose To A Man by Kimmo(f): 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
If I like the guy and I'm completely certain I can live with the part of him I don't like, babygeh cannot comman die of "singlehood" oh. He'll either answer yes or no.
And I'd do it in a saner way than asking jamb Qs about sharing soap suds forever. Msheew

Guy, I really like/love you, and going by our relationship so far, I feel we could have a good life together. Whaddaya think?

3 Likes

Re: How To Propose To A Man by Tallesty1(m): 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tattooboy: u criosly need 2 grow up
If turning things upside down is your definition of growing up then I rather stay the way I am. I have got alot of NOs from ladies after all.
Re: How To Propose To A Man by hatux: 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
9jahubcom: were
Huh? I don't get what you typed please?
Re: How To Propose To A Man by Blackchampion(m): 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
sirjohnson: Women should never propose to a men. It will backfire. I repeat, it will backfire
Oyiboo
Re: How To Propose To A Man by holyboss: 10:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
Propose to a man smiley
Re: How To Propose To A Man by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
In Africa? Naah
Re: How To Propose To A Man by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
Emulti:

grin grin

"TO A MEN"
Re: How To Propose To A Man by Olusanya333(m): 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ezedon: Long sermon, u could. ve go straight to the point
English don suffer. Jxt in case let me teach u d Structural Law. In such a condition like this, the condition that condition ur condition to be conditioned is conditioned to condition your condition i.e Whenever u use Have it must take Past participle tense e.g Gone. And could is nt suitable here since d statement have not been made once. Xo replace go with gone nd Could with should.

1 Like

Re: How To Propose To A Man by Dapresident(m): 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tallesty1: The first lady that did something close that to me got NO and the next will get something worse.
. Adonblameyou. Am sure u look like an ogre n wat d lady meant was d irony.. Onyemberibe

1 Like

Re: How To Propose To A Man by Eyop: 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
Thoniaslim,priscaoge,lynpetra,banega,idowuogbo,etc come and learn ooooh grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Propose To A Man by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
This practice could be the reigning thing in Naija in a few years cool
Re: How To Propose To A Man by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
i pity for the girl anyways!
Re: How To Propose To A Man by egopersonified(f): 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lala and fp, I need to send down efcc to investigate you and s,e,u,n. So tell me, where you both reside. @ topic, how many men would accept such proposal, just imagine the day they would have an argument and the wife starts ranting to the hearing of their neighbours, 'no be me marry you put for house?' lol.

1 Like

Re: How To Propose To A Man by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
lalasticlala: Now that you have finally met the man of your dreams, you are all ready to walk down the aisle. And yet despite you dropping hints so many times, if your guy just doesn’t seem to get it, it may be time to take matters in your own hand.

Here are a few tips on how to propose to a man and write the happily-ever-after script yourself.

BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF

Before you pop the question to your boyfriend, ask yourself if this is what you really want. Don’t think of marriage as a band-aid for relationship problems – if you think being married will paper over the cracks already appearing in your relationship, you couldn’t be further from the truth. Marriage will only deepen the cracks and make any future marital obligations unbearable. Also it is not a good idea to propose marriage to a man when you know him for a very short time. It takes at least six months or longer to find out how you can resolve differences in a relationship and about as much to discover a guy’s previous three convictions and miserable credit history.
By asking him some right questions you can know whether he's keen on marrying you without having to propose yourself. Besides if you turn this into a game, you can propose playfully if you have to.

CONSIDER IF HE IS READY

Despite the great relationship you have, if your boyfriend hasn’t proposed to you, go over the most likely reasons for it. He could be just out of a bad relationship and hence not emotionally ready. Or he could be angling for a different job, a promotion, a change in career and wish to propose when he is financially more settled. Then again there are issues of priorities, goals and dreams in life – if you and your boyfriend do not share these, maybe he feels that there is no point in proposing marriage. Finally, who knows your boyfriend may be secretly planning to pop the question himself and is simply working up the nerve – in such case he might feel robbed if you propose to him first.

BUCK THE TREND

If you feel like bucking convention and popping the question yourself, find a creative method of proposing as well. Apart from the fact that it can be quite hard getting down on one knee, especially if you're in stilettos, consider the fact that the spectacle may leave your guy feeling a little less than manly. And even if he seems to be enjoying the proposal, your elation may soon dissipate once you find his head tilting down straight at your breasts.

TUNE IT TO HIS PERSONALITY

Before you pop the question to your man, consider what is in keeping with his personality. If your boyfriend is the type who likes a bit of drama in life, you can call up his favorite radio show and propose while requesting a special song for him. On the other hand if he is a foodie, plan a special home-cooked dinner for him, with candles, romantic music et al. Follow it up by mind-blowing sex and then mention marriage in the wonderful afterglow. Then again if your man is crazy about his football team, wait till it has won an important game after which the euphoria should carry your proposal through. For men who tend to avoid a show of emotional intimacy like a fancy candlelight dinner, a homelier context might do the trick. For him a gentle query over the washing up like “Would you like to share these suds... Forever?” will be less likely to induce a heart attack rather than a full on string quartet or sky-writing with ‘Marry Me'.

TIME IS RIGHT

Once you have decided on the exact method of proposal, you need to plan the moment. You could you pop the question the first thing on a date, and then you can spend the rest of your wonderfully planned day as a – hopefully – newly engaged couple. For instance after you meet your boyfriend you could say something like "I have this wonderful day planned for us, but I just can’t wait...I want us to spend it together as more than just boyfriend and girlfriend" and then propose. Or you hang out together all day long and then at the end of the perfect day ask him for his hand. For instance, after reminiscing all day, you could say something like "We have so many awesome memories...From now on, I want all my memories to have you in them." and then propose. If you wish to opt for the former, make sure you have an exit ready in case things don’t work out. On the other hand if you chose the second option, try not to be too nervous all day or to talk yourself out of the ultimate goal. In the end it is going to be a personal choice, guided by what you and your boyfriend are most comfortable with.

CHOOSE THE RIGHT VENUE

If you are thinking of proposing to your guy, a great idea would be to do it someplace special to the two of you. This could be where you had your first date, your first kiss, your first “I love you” moment. Then again it could also be your favorite park or a place that set the scene for your sweetest memory or maybe even your funniest moment together. The key is to choose a venue which familiar with just a hint of sentimental.If you do something too fantastic, like a vacation or a billboard advertisement, your guy may feel so overwhelmed or embarrassed that he could clam up or excuse himself from the scene.

THE ACTUAL QUESTION

There are many ways you can propose to your boyfriend without mouthing the traditional question “Will you marry me?”. You could casually slip in a question like ‘Why don't we get married?’ Or ‘Let's get hitched’ in a conversation. Or even bring about a note of fun and teasing with a question like ‘Want to tie the knot?’ or ‘Want to elope to Vegas?’ Finally if you lose your nerve, you could drop back to the more traditional methods, like mooching very slowly past jewelry shops, sighing longingly before a diamond ring on display and then asking him whether he likes gold or platinum!

Rubbish!
Absolute nonsense

Only desperate girls propose to men
Propose at your own risk
The day katakata go burst for the marriage since every marriage has it's moments,the man will tell you to your face how you practically hoodwinked him,begged him to marry you or dragged him to the altar and how he did it out of pity for you
How will you deal with that ?

A girl should be able to tell a fiancé or husband at any moment when he starts doing shakara that after all you were minding your own business o when he waka come.
You need to maintain that bragging right to tell am say you had choices
O kwa plenty choices
How boys were following you like flies on mango and you pitied him and married him grin,so he should hang all that inyanga

2 Likes

Re: How To Propose To A Man by priscaoge(f): 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
Eyop Thank u for bringing me here grin Am gonna propose to u next month grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Propose To A Man by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
englishmart: killing English since 1996
gringrin
Re: How To Propose To A Man by Tallesty1(m): 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
Dapresident: . Adonblameyou. Am sure u look like an ogre n wat d lady meant was d irony.. Onyemberibe
I will only take you serious if you have never said NO to a guy.

Grow up and stop calling ppl names. It is a sign of immaturity.

Re: How To Propose To A Man by sirjohnson(m): 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
Emulti:

Of course it was a typographical error and has since been corrected. Nigerians, finding fault since 2000BC

3 Likes

Re: How To Propose To A Man by sirjohnson(m): 10:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
Blackchampion: Oyiboo

Of course it was a typographical error and has since been corrected. Nigerians, finding fault since 2000BC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

She Loves You But You Don't Feel Same Way, Yet You Keep Using Her? That's Risky / Types Of Butt/ass - Which One Do You Have (photos) / Man Who Shaded Black Ladies Because Of His Oyinbo Girlfriend Claims His Ex Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.