Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

The Reluctant Bride - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Reluctant Bride (277809 Views)

Ìyàwó Wa (our Bride) / The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. / Child Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Komzzy1(f): 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
[img][/img]Nice story waiting for more update kissNice story waiting for more update

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by jummy604: 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
I want more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
Leme quickly make an update
Re: The Reluctant Bride by pheranmyy(f): 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
tanx swity

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
Tara smiled triumphantly to herself. Wow, she had miraculously woken up by 8am to bid her brother and Linda goodbye. None will be the wiser. Of course Tara knew that she was sick. She had been so scared to go see a doctor.
Her mother had told her that her grandmother died of a heart attack. Now, her own mother is in a coma due to an attack. What it was in their gene and too was having the symptom. She desperately wanted to google all the information she could on heart attack but she was afraid of what she might find out. Therefore, she decided to buy time and not tell Jordan of her illness yet.
Jordan...she missed him so much it hurt. Tara walked the stairs to her room smiling. It won't hurt to swallow her pride and call her husband, will it? She picked her phone and dialled his number. He picked at the fourth ring.
'Hello', she said grining like a simpleton. No answer.
'Hello? Jordan can you hear me?'
A woman answered, a woman with a very familiar voice.
'Amanda?'
'Yep, Jordan is bathing. I answered this call to tell you a few goodnews'
'What is it?'
'Your marriage has fallen Tara. You can't even satisfy your husband he left you. Look, he is enjoying his life here with me', Amanda spite out.
Tara felt like she had been slapped.
'It doesn't matter Amanda, just tell Jordan to call me back'
'He is bathing Tara, we just had a very busy time together'
'Just tell him to call back', Tara quickly ended the call.
'No, I will not cry, I refvse to cry'
Tara said with her eyes full with unshed tears. She ran to the bathroom, went on her knees and for the first time, threw up the cornflakes she had earlia taken. She bathed and waited for Jordan's call. The call never came. Tara waited for over two hours before she finally accepted the fact that he was never going to call. She finally cried herself to sleep.
Jordan had left his phone on the dining table after breakfast. He went up to his room to pick some documents he had to take with him to the office. He came back for his phone to find Amanda pressing some buttons.
'What are you doing with my phone?'
'Sorry, just can't find mine. I'm trying to beep it with yours'
Jordan looked at her. She was wearing a black night dress. It clung to her like a second skin. Jordan could bet his last penny she was putting nothing underneath the seductive dress.
'Amanda, make it snappy, I'm already runing late'
she proudly removed Tara's number from his call history before dialing her number.
'Oh, there it is'
she bent to pick it. Jordan quickly removed his eyes away from her. Her bosom had popped out from the dress. He retrieved his phone from her.
'Amanda, I know what you are upto, it won't work. There are plenty more fish in the sea. This fish is not available, go catch another'
He stalked out of the house leaving a disappointed Amanda. His mother's car was not at home. It seemed she was already on her way to Kadvna, little wonder, Amanda had behaved like the slut she was. Tara hasn't called. Damn her. Jordan angrily drove away.

Tara dressed immaculately in an orange sleeveless gown. Jordan was cheating on her. Damn him. She made no effort to visit her mother. She didn't have that strength. By 3pm, Tara heard a car drove into the house.
Jordan! Tara ran all the way outside only to see her mother-in-law. She carefully masked her disappointment.
'mother, welcome', Mrs Nicholas only stared at her.
'Tara, you must be ill'
'please come in, I'd fine, just tired'
'I just left the hospital. The doctor seemed worried you were absent today. Said you were never absent'
'yes mother,I decided to take today off. Oh dear, i have totally forgotten, please accept my apologies, what should I prepare for you?'
'Don't worry Tara, I'm returning today. Actually, I need you to tell me something'
'what?' Tara innocently asked her.
'Are you and Jordan having problems?'
'of course not'
'when last have you spoken to each other?'
'He called me this morning'
Mrs Nicholas rest her case. They chitchat for another hour before her mother-in-law finally left.
'send my love to Shan and don't forget to eat lots of food. You are thin'
'Thank you mother', Tara had told her as the driver drove away.
On the second day of her third week in Kaduna, her father paid her a visit. Tara was never to forget the visit nor the tragedy that followed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Komzzy1(f): 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nice i wish i can strangle that amanda with my bare hands

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Ama111(f): 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
my God! wats Amanda's problem? y wouldn't she just allow dis couple be?i fill like i shuld strangle ha,well sweetheart I'm rite behind u,loving ur story more and pls tell Tara 2 go 4 a test I tink she's with a child.oliver twist mood activated tongue

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
it was April, Shan had just concluded her second term exams and the school was vacating the following week. On that fateful day, she didn't go to school, she went with Tara to the hospital. They both stared at their mother. Tara wondered why she was yet to regain conciousness. Her father appeared at the door way. Tara quickly went on her feet.
'Good afternoon', No answer.
'Good afternoon sir', Shan also greeted.
Anthony looked disdainfully at Tara and Shan then to ther mother. He really would have divorce his wife and marry Annabel. Annabel had stuck a knife right into his heart when she stole his money and disappeared. Truth was, Anthony was still hurting. He had never forgotten her, neither has he ever forgiven her. He was still inlove with her but her betrayal to him made him swear to make life difficult for her...and her daughter.
'Keep your greetings to yourselves. Tara, what are you doing in Kaduna?'
'Nursing my mother'
'Need I remind you that you are a married woman?'
'No'
'Pack your bags back to Abuja first thing tomorrow morning'
Tara defiantly glared at her father.
'Those days are over father, you took away the rights you had over me when you forced me into marria.e. I'm now my husband's responsibility'
'you are daring me, Tara'
'I'm not but you can't make me leave'
Anthony hit her hard, on the face. She went down on her knees. Shan ran to her and helped her stand on her feet.
'You are leaving tomorrow or else...'
'Or else what? Mr Anthony, do your worst. As long as my husband is okay with my stay here then you won't make me leave'
Anthony had been shocked when a contract he was about to sign was taken away from him simply because, according to them, his relationship with the Nicholas was in trauma.
'what are you talking about?', He had asked them.
'Since your daughter's marriage to Jordan Nicholas had hit the rock, we can't give this contract to you, you are a businessman, you know how things are being done'
Anthony had angrily drove all the way to kaduna to confront his daughter. He slapped her again and she began crying.
'I'm not going anyway, go to hell and burn to ashes for all I care'
'Please, leave us alone. We don't want you here', Shan cut in with tears.
'you are a wicked and selfish man. I shall never in my life forget this day. I despise my mother for going to a heartless man like you. I despise her for giving me devil's incarnate as a father and I hate you for all you have made her go through. I won't forgive you Anthony and I am not going back to Abuja. Now get out of here before i scream my head off'
Anthony was taken aback by her outburst. He had never seen this side of Tara. He decided to return the next, but tomorrow has another story to tell.

Shan stared at her crying sister. They had left the hospital as soon as Anthony stormed out and had returned home. Tara kept crying without stopping. Tara was sick and she had made Shan promised no to tell Jordan.
Her sister won't go and see the doctor. What if she collaps too like their mother? Shan would be left alone. No she must do something. She picked her mother's phone and dialled Jordan's number. Well, she had promised Tara not to tell Jordan of her illness, but she had not promised not to call Jordan.
'Hello?'
'Uncle Jo?'
'Shan how are you this evening?', She began crying.
'Please uncle Jo, you have to come here'
'is anything wrong?', Shan hesitated.
'Please, whatever your problem is with Ta, forget it and come. We both need you here'
Jordan became instantly afraid. What is happening there? He thought
'Shan, give the phone to Tara, I need to speak with her'
'Tara is sleeping'
'Jordan looked at his watch, it was just to seven. Something was definately wrong.
'Okay Shan, I will be on my way to kaduna first thing tomorrow morning'
'Thanks, uncle Jordan', Shan ended the call.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Komzzy1(f): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
Nice update.i hope you make an update later.anyways kudos

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Tbrak: 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tanx ma 4 d update, re u stil going to update 2day? I av read TRB be4 is jt dat i luv reading ova and ova like d way i read henry and linda 5times. Any i luv ur work, bt pls i waiting 4 anoda update tonight

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
He quickly decended the stairs and met his mother watching the 8pm AIT news with Amanda. Jordan looked at his wristwatch again, it was already twenty minutes pass eight.
'Jordan, are you going out?', his mother asked.
'I'm travelling to kaduna'
'It's late already, please delay the journey to tomorrow'
'mother, I really can't'
His mother saw the alarm written all over his face. Something was wrong.
'Why the sudden decision?'
'Shan gave me a call earlia. She said i needed to come. She was panicking'
'why did Shan called you and not Tara?'
'I really can't tell'
'then call Tara now'
'Her phone is switched off'
'Jordon don't go. After all, Tara is not a baby she is an adult and not an invalid. I believe she's more than capable of taking care of herself'
Amanda spoke for the first time. Jordan scowled at her.
'Hey, I'm talking to my mother. Don't you ever interrupt us', He told her evenly.
'Amanda, that is a bad thing to say. Tara is his wife', Jordan's mother chided Amanda.
'Mother, off I go'
'Safe trip dear. Let me know when you get there'
Jordan drove away. He had wanted to wait until the next day but his mind was not settled so he decided to hit the road immediately. Jordan had lied to his mother when he said Tara's phone was off. Truth is, tara had not been picking his call. After Shan's call, he tried Tara's number several times without answer.

Jordan drove into the Nicholas house by ten minutes to eleven. He tiredly walked into their room and switched on the light. She seemed to be sleeping so he went to check on Shan. He found her lying on her stomach, already fast asleep so he quietly left her room to Tara.
Jordan removed his clothes and joined her in bed. The sweet hands of sleep was about taking him away when he heard her whimper. At first, he thought she was dreaming but her whimpering persisted. Jordan opened his eyes and saw her shivering. He left the bed and switched on the light again. This time, Jordan nearly shouted. What had happened to her? Her face was swollen as if...someone had hit his wife.
'Jordan are you really here or am I dreaming?' He heard her whisper.
'No sweet, you are not dreaming', He sat at the edge of the bed.
'I feel horrible', she told him
'I know Tara, now hold on, let me take you to the hospital'
'I hate hospitals, can it wait tomorrow morning?', she told him in tears.
'Okay then, tomorrow morning my sweet. I'm here now, you are going to be fine'
'I'm glad you are here Jordan. Please don't leave me'
'I'm going no where my sweet.
Jordan had been scared. His wife looked very ill. She had not slept until the early hours of the morning. By oam, he had a bath and went downstairs. She needed a doctor. Joran felt guilty for leaving her alone and not calling. Shan did the right thing.
'Uncle Jordan!', Shan flung her arms around him.
'you were already asleep when i came in'
'How is Tara?'
'She's better now. Shan, tell me where she got the bruises on her face?'
'you see...em...ah'
'Shan, if you don't tell me, i won't be happy with you'
'it was that wicked man'
'What man?', Jordan asked, calmly.
'Her father'
'Tell me everything'
Shan explained everything to him. From her father's death and the reason for their relocating from their little flat. She told him how Anthony had forced his way into their lives and had their mother arrested.
Shan left no stone unturned. What she couldn't tell him was that Tara was sick. She had promised no to tell. Jordan masked his anger. Tara came down for breakfast by 10am. She removed a pack of cornflakes.
'Tara, pack your things, we are returning to Abuja this morning'
'your wish is my command', she told him sheeplessly. It dawned on Jordan that she was angry with him.
'Shan, make tea for Tara, cornflakes in not food. She's all skinny'
'No Jordan, I don't want tea'
he left his seat and made tea for her.
'If you don't take this, I will force it on you'
Tara took a bite of the bread and quickly gulped down the tea.
'Now finished', she angrily told him.
'Oh no'
She exclaimed and broke into a run. She threw up everything in the beautiful garden outside. Tara needed a doctor, Jordan said to himself. His phone rang.
'Hello?'
'Mr Nicholas?', a female voice asked.
'Yep, who are you?'
'I'm calling from the hospital...it's about your mother-in-law...'

4 Likes

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Tbrak: 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tanx 4 d update

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reluctant Bride by pheranmyy(f): 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
tanx dearie lovin dis story cant say wich is mre interestin mayb dis1 or a man 2 call ha own

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 04, 2014
Wich kyn jordan b diz na?ur story makesense o keep doing it

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by pretydiva(f): 8:03am On Oct 04, 2014
I fink tara is pregnant. More updates plsssss

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by olufummy02(f): 8:57am On Oct 04, 2014
Loving dis write up day by day... Am hungry.,more update to fill my stomach..plzzzz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
I would have love to make an update but i don't have enough ba3. Bear with me
Re: The Reluctant Bride by lateef4me(m): 11:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
Lovely story Tiffany....Pls don't disappoint to update 2moro !

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 9:22am On Oct 05, 2014
Tara slowly went up to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She couldn't help but wonder who had called Jordan. Well, its no business of hers. She was sure he would just come up with an excuse and disappear again to Abuja. She walked downstairs and turned on the TV.
'Tara, you need to take something?' Jordan told her.
Tara stubbornly removed a pack of cornflakes from the cupboard. Jordan made no objections so she hungrly devoured it.
'Jordan, lets stop at the hospital before leaving. I wanna see my mother', She told him after breakfast.
'Tara, Shan, I need to tell you something', Jordan said uneasily. He is leaving again! Tara thought miseably.
'I just received a call at the hospital. Your mother has passed away'
Jordan was at a lost on how to break the news to them. He knew both girls were close and fond of their mother. It had taken all of his will power to finally break the news to them. They both looked at him in shock. As if he was some sort of clown. Tara responded to the news first.
'Jordan, for God's sake, she's our mothher. Stop making expensive jokes with her life'
Jordan didn't know what to say so he remained quiet.
'Uncle Jordan what you said its the truth, isn't it?', she was already crying.
'mother has left us Tara'
Tara only gawked blankly at her feet. Shan let out a scream. Jordan held her tightly to him.
'shush, Shan, your mother is with God now'
when he realized he couldn't handle both girls at the same time, he called Henry and informed him of all that had happened.
'you need to be on your way immediately'
He also called his mother who had promised to be with them immediately. It had taken Jordan over an hour to calmed Shan. Tara was still staring at her feet. He went to her and sat by her side holdind her hands in a comforting way. This was no good. He needed her to cry and raged. Her blank look didn't look good at all.
Tara suprised Jordan when she left her seat, retrieved a park of cornflakes, poured some in a glass cup, added a little sugar then poured a sachet of water into it. She returned to Jordan and began munching it.
'Tara, please talk to me. Please I'm begging you'
Tara continued chewing. She looked straight into Jordan's eyes and said,
'Now, I'm ready, take me to my mother'
'no'
'suit yourself. I know the way'
Before Jordan could react, Tara was already on her feet. She made a step, then another. Jordan quickly went on his feet. He saw it coming and hastily availed himself. She fainted and fall into his arms.
Henry and Linda by 1pm. Jordan's mother arrived an hour later. Tara had regained consciousness. She had cried her eyes. By 4p, Jordan removed her clothes and bath her. She didn't even blink, neither did she protest. He dressed her in an oversize T-shirt and gently lay her in bed. Jordan stared at her. She looked so drawn and vulnerable. He prefer the hot tempered, annoying and very daring Tara. His little vixen!
'you need to rest, sweet'
when she didn't reply...didn't even make any sipn that she understood what he just said, Jordan simply kissed her on her left cheek and went downstairs. His mother was with Henry. They were discussing something.
'you look tired', Henry told him.
'I'm very tired Henry, where is Shan?'
'she is with Linda, we had to give her a sleeping pill. The poor girl is very hysterical'
It was Jordan's mother who had spoken.
'By the way, where is your father , Henry?'Mrs Nicholas asked.
'Henry, tell your father I don't want him here, he shouldn't bother comimg'
'why?', both Henry and Mrs. Nicholas asked.
'He beat up my wife. I won't forget that'
'What? Why ever would he do that?', Henry asked.
'I reserve this question for him'
'Jordan when is she going to be buried?'
'Tomorrow. There are so many things to do. Mother can you check on Tara while Henry and I go out and do the neccessary things?'
'okay dear'
Jordan and Henry left the house in search of a priest.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2014
pheranmyy:
more plzzzzzz ma
you just got it
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:24am On Oct 05, 2014
jader:
where are u aunt Tiffany
we need morreeee pls
i'm here already
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:25am On Oct 05, 2014
okeoghene4real:
Tara is already in love with her husband.
No update today? @ tiffany
here is one, ma
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:26am On Oct 05, 2014
Ama111:
wow nice update Tiffany really waiting 4 d next update u re grt cool
thank you, ma'am.
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:27am On Oct 05, 2014
Maryclaire1:
Nice,nice,nice....
thanks alot ma
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:29am On Oct 05, 2014
jader:
Happy Independence Day everyone.
Aunt Tiffany where r u? we need more plzzzzzzz
Happy independence too you dearie.
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:30am On Oct 05, 2014
pheranmyy:
sadohhh wat sad sad
i'm really sorri, ma
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2014
Tholuwani:
Pls be quick with it,we are waiting,thanx in advance
you're welcome, dear
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:33am On Oct 05, 2014
HelenBee:
Awwn...thanks for the update Tiffany. God bless yu.
you're welcome, and God bless you too ma
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:34am On Oct 05, 2014
Omawumi18:
wow! i love dis story! keep it up tifanny
thanks dear, for loving my work
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2014
olufummy02:
Thanks for the update,,we need more plzzzzzz
you're welcome and your wish is my command, I will update later in the day
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:38am On Oct 05, 2014
Komzzy1:
[img][/img]Nice story waiting for more update kissNice story waiting for more update
thanks ma, will make another update later in the day

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:39am On Oct 05, 2014
jummy604:
I want more
you will get it ma

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

First Night / Bukky Alakara / Memo Of A Male Sex Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.