Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,599 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

The Reluctant Bride - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Reluctant Bride (277776 Views)

Ìyàwó Wa (our Bride) / The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. / Child Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
Bluestarry: [b][/b]promiz o 2dae na sunday if u fail eh jordan go rape u.anyways am addicted to ur story. wish u can just be updating 24/7.more nepa to ur phone.happi sunday
i wish i can be updating 24/7 too but I have a life outside nairaland.
I'm glad you love my work, when you're through with this, i will advice you to read 'a man to call her own' it is Henry and Linda's story. Thanks
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
Flow11: Tnx 4 d update ma..bt e neva belle full me oo..lol
you're welcome but please bear with me

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
olufummy02: Wat a wonderful story.....weldone..
thank you ma
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
Komzzy1: Loving this story more ink to your pen
thank you ma, i'm glad you love my story
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
jader: Thanks aunt Tiffany. nice update
more. please
thank you, you will get more tomorrow
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
pheranmyy: Nyc update more plzzz ma
thank you. More will be coming tomorrow
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
Crowny1: Dats d name of my current school. Demonstration College U/Pama. But our Principal is rarely around. Thanks 4 d update
you reside in kaduna? My little sister was a pupil of that school. She left after writing her common entrance. She's now in ss1.
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
ayox1: gd evening ma, kindly pls continue with the story 4 God sake. thanks. wink
that will be tomorrow ma. Thanks for understanding
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Oh, Very touching!!

Thanks for the update, TiffanyJ
###FirstToEat
you're welcome sir. How far with you na?
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
Vickthoriah: Been following dix thread for a while bt didn't comment bt I av to at dis point...

...Superb update..weldone TJ
thank you ma, i'm glad you love this work
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
Komzzy1: Tara is gradually falling in love with jordan.nice update kudoz tiff
thank you. Time will tell ma
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
pheranmyy: ehyah i pity tara
i pity her too but she has to be strong for what is coming
Re: The Reluctant Bride by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 29, 2014
TiffanyJ:
i wish i can be updating 24/7 too but I have a life outside nairaland.
I'm glad you love my work, when you're through with this, i will advice you to read 'a man to call her own' it is Henry and Linda's story. Thanks
i don read am na .i read am b4 u even post am 4 nairaland lols.

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by pheranmyy(f): 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
persn dey hungry nw tiffany dearie

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
CHAPTER ELEVEN
Tara finally emerged from her room by noon. She opened Shan's door but the room was empty. She went downstairs and entered the kitchen. Shan was neither there. This house was a direct replica of the Nicholas house in Abuja...except the fact that this particular one was much more smaller.
'Good afternoon ma'
Tara turned and found herself facing one of the men responsible for taking care of the house. The two had introduced themselves to her last night.
'Good afternoon Jude, please have you seen my sister?'
'She has gone to school, said she will be back by 6pm'
Tara sighed, it seemed Jordan has enrolled Shan in school. But why didn't they tell her?'
'She said she will be staying for extra lesson'
'okay, thanks, do you live here?'
'yes ma, except that there is an apartment attached to this house for us'
Jude couldn't stop admiring this woman. Who would ever guess that Jordan Nicholas would end up with her type. Before leaving, Jordan had given them strong instructions concerning his wife. They were to assist her in whatever way they could and at thesame time, give her a breathing space.
'Thank you'
she had said and Jude had counted his boss lucky to have such a woman as a wife. Tara soon realised that if she and Shan will eat, shes got to buy foodstuff. Today was not that day. It was getting late and she hasn't gone to the hospital yet. She retrieved some cash from her purse and went out in search of Jude. She found the two men sitting on plastic chairs. The one called Ken greeted her and she answered.
'Is there a provision store close by?'
'yes ma'
'I need to buy some milk and a pack of cornflakes'
The two men stared at her.
'Allow me to buy them for you ma'
Tara, not used to ordering people around hesitated.
'Ma, its our job, we are paid to do these'
She reluctantly handed over the money to Ken. Tara left the hospital by 4pm. She took a cab to the market where she bought as much foodstuff as she could. She returned by 7pm really tired. Shan ran out to greet her. Together, they boiled yam and made sauce for supper. Tara couldn't even take a bite. Looking at the food, she nearly threw up.
'Goodnight Shan'
She said and quickly disappeared to her room. Jordan had not called and she wished he would call. That night, Tara couldn't sleep, she felt feverish. She tossed and turned, then used the blanket to cover herself to no avail. Her body felt so hot yet she was shivering. She cried. By 5am, sleep finally embraced her. She opened her eyes by 10am. She felt much more better. After bathing, she went downstairs for breakfast. She left the tea untouched and made lunch for Shan before going to the hospital. Tara held her mother's hands and prayed for her to regain conciousness. She returned home by seven to find Jordan's black saloon in the house. For the first time since he left, Tara really laughed. She ran all the way to their room. He was not there. She decended the stairs searching for her husband and bumped into Shan.
'Oh Shan, where is Jordan?'
'Jordan?'
'yes, Jordan. His car is parked outside'
'he is not here Ta, he sends the car and a driver for you'
'Are you sure Shan?'
Just then, a tall man of about fourty five appeared.
'Good evening Ma, I'm to be your driver for the rest of your stay here'
'you're welcome', Tara managed to say.
'Thanks ma'
He walked out of the building. Tara stared after him. While Shan ate noodles, Tara forced herself to have cornflakes. It seemed to be the only thing her stomach could take.
'Tara, are you ill?', Shan asked.
'I'm fine, good night Shan'
'goodnight Ta'
Like the night before, sleep eluded her. She felt so ill she thought she would die. By the early hours of the morning, she went into a deep slumber.
Time moved fast, hours, days and a week went by. It seemed Jordan had forgotten her. On the morning of the second week, Tara swallowed her pride and dialed Jordan's number. It didn't go through. She went to the hosptal.
'Mother, I need you, I have so much to ask you. I'm married, I don't even know how to behave towards my busband'
She heard footsteps. It should be the doctor, she thought.
'Good God Tara, what the hell happened to you?'
She heard a deep male voice asked her in suprise. She slowly turned her head towards the door way.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
pheranmyy: persn dey hungry nw tiffany dearie
i just made an update
Re: The Reluctant Bride by ayox1(m): 8:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
TiffanyJ:
i just made an update
gd evening ma. more mb 2 ur phone, nd very long life span to ur battery. bt ma dis ur update 2 small oooooo. kindly feed us with more. thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by pheranmyy(f): 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
more plzzzzzz ma

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by jader: 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
where are u aunt Tiffany
we need morreeee pls

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by okeoghene4real(f): 9:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Tara is already in love with her husband.
No update today? @ tiffany

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
[b][i'm really sorry i couldn't make an update yesterda[i'm really sorry i couldn't make an update yesterday. I was simply too busy]
Will make one later in the evening. Thank you all

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
[Tara might actually be in love]
Re: The Reluctant Bride by Ama111(f): 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
wow nice update Tiffany really waiting 4 d next update u re grt cool

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Maryclaire1(f): 8:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nice,nice,nice....

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by jader: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
Happy Independence Day everyone.
Aunt Tiffany where r u? we need more plzzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
I had another busy day. Please bear with me, I can't make an update today again
Re: The Reluctant Bride by pheranmyy(f): 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
sadohhh wat sad sad

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Tholuwani(f): 3:48am On Oct 02, 2014
Pls be quick with it,we are waiting,thanx in advance

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
'Henry!'
Tara ran into his arms. He pat her hair.
'Do you miss me?'
'Of course I do', Tara answered.
She looked behind him, He wasn't alone.
'Linda!', she left Henry's embrace for Linda's.
'Tara, are you ill? Look at you, you're alot more thinner than I know you to be', Linda asked in concern.
'I'm good, just concern for my mum', Henry saw right through her lies.
'Problems with Jordan?'
'No'
'Then why is he not here with you. Infact, when last have you two spoken to each other?'
Henry persisted. He knew something was wrong. Jordan kept telling him that all was good. Her mother needed her that was why she was in kaduna. Tara didn't even blink. She answered with a smile,
'This morning, why did you ask?'
'nothing dear'
the three laughed and discussed old times. Tara was happy they paid her a visit.
'Tara have you eaten?', Linda asked.
'Yep, ate noodles with a cup of tea'
'what about lunch? Henry dear, can you take us to have Lunch?'
'Linda, I had a brunch. You see, I'm not hungry at all'
'Since Tara is not hungry, I'm not hungry, I'm also not hungry'
By 5pm, they made to take their leave.
'Henry, please spend a night with us. Shan will be glad to see you guys', Tara pleaded with them.
'Okay then', Henry said.
Tara called her driver and told him not to come for her. On their way home, they made a detour to the market where Tara and Linda bought Vegetables for supper. At home, Shan went out to meet them.
'I bought something for you', Henry told her.
He handed over a small box to her. Shan unwrapped it.
'Chocolates', she proudly showed Tara.
'Thank you uncle Henry'
'you're welcome, Shan'
While the three ladies cooked, Henry switched on the TV and entertained himself. While others ate rice and vegetable soup, Tara concentrated on her cornflakes.
'This is not food' Henry said.
Shan opened her mouth to say something but Tara glared at her and she remained mute.
'I'm not a baby, please stop treating me like one'
'Suit yourself', Linda told her.
while Tara was busy munching her cornflakes, Jordan had just had a bath.
'Gosh, I'm so tired', He said to himself. A knock came at his door.
'come in'
Jordan frowned when his mother appeared from the door. He knew what this was all about. The truth was, he did not wish to discuss it.
'Mother, I'm tired. I need to rest, can't this wait till another day?'
'No, it can't wait', she told him evenly
'then I'm listening', he told her
'Jordan, what is your wife of less than two weeks doing in kaduna?'
'Nursing her sick mother'
'are you having problems with your wife?'
'No'
'Are you two communicating?'
'yes, anymore questions?'
'Jordan, I'm sure you've heard the gossips. People say your marriage has hit the rock. Has it?'
'No mother'
'good, I'm travelling to kaduna tomorrow morning. Care to join me?', His mother looked expectedly at him.
'I wish I can mum'
'why can't you? It's just for a day'
'I'm busy. Do you still want to ask me if my wife and I have consumated our marriage?'
'oh dear, why ever should I ask you that? Jordan, I'm sorry but you are my son and I have to intrude in your life'
'mother goodnight'
mrs Nicholas stared at her son. He was not telling her the truth. She only hoped his wife provides answers to her questions.
'Good night to you too'
She said and walked out of the room. Damn Tara, Jordan thought. She was stubborn to the very core. He had been expecting her to call, she didn't. He couldn't count the number of times he had dialed her number only to quickly abort the call before it began ringing. She had dominated his thought so much. If only she would call him once, he wouldn't mind driving all the way to kaduna to be with her. He had tried twice to make out with two ladies but he ended up just asking them to go. They were not Tara. It was Tara he wanted. But it seemed she didn't want him!
His mother can pay her all the visit she wanted. Her will give his wife as much space as he desired.

3 Likes

Re: The Reluctant Bride by HelenBee(f): 4:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
Awwn...thanks for the update Tiffany. God bless yu.

3 Likes

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Omawumi18(f): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
wow! i love dis story! keep it up tifanny

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by olufummy02(f): 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
Thanks for the update,,we need more plzzzzzz

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply)

First Night / Bukky Alakara / Memo Of A Male Sex Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.