Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,526 members, 7,816,284 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University (57466 Views)

5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic / 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 / 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 09, 2014
Maureenurch: @ Op, am sorry to inform u buh u have no point ,who says those in private uni doesnt live an independent,abeg there is nothn lyk freedom,remember freedom comes wit a responsibility,hw many of u in public uni have livd up to the responsibility of freedom. Abeg enuf of al these private uni this and that. Why nt meet Jamb chairman to gve al student admissn to public uni and let the private unis close down.
you would have tried harder to pass utme and live the good student life in a public uni......
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Acidosis(m): 11:39am On Sep 09, 2014
There are some parents who wouldn't send their wards to OAU or UI even if their wards score 399 in JAMB. Not everyone love a rough life amidst cultists, uncultured elements, congestion, stress, struggles, reading with candle sticks, queueing for water, harrasment, intimidation, etc.

In summary, your points are invalid, void and unintelligent.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 11:40am On Sep 09, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: sorry bro,you 're one of them too?!
Just look at the embrassment you are in.....study to pass your wassce and utme and have a better life in a public uni you will not now you wanna put the blame on me?!
ohh i'm not blaming you! in fact, i'd rather not tell you who i blame to avoid further/prolonged conflict grin grin cheesy.. change your orientation tho.. bleach your mindset.. it helps!! grin cool

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Acidosis(m): 11:41am On Sep 09, 2014
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 09, 2014
OP be deceiving yourself there - all I will say is the last entry level recruitment in my organisation was wholly private uni grads. The bastardization of public education means 90% of grads are unemployable. You guys can keep blathering about fun and maturity. There's enough time to have fun and mature in gainful employment.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Pasca07: 11:43am On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis: There are some parents who wouldn't send their wards to OAU or UI even if their wards score 399 in JAMB. Not everyone love a rough life amidst cultists, uncultured elements, congestion, stress, struggles, reading with candle sticks, queueing for water, harrasment, intimidation, etc.

In summary, your points are invalid, void and unintelligent.
nice observation

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by thelastgenius: 11:44am On Sep 09, 2014
bamac: Its private universities that v made 1st class to b meaningless.... Rubbish..... Even som1 wt ordinary pass in government universities wl graduate with 2nd class upper in private universities..

If by chance yu finished with a pass.....Why dnt yu attempt attending a priv uni(RUN).....

Trust me u'll get withdrawn before yr2

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 09, 2014
dam007: ohh i'm blaming you! in fact, i'd rather not tell you who i blame to avoid further/prolonged conflict grin grin cheesy.. change your orientation tho.. bleach your mindset.. it helps!! grin cool
ok....
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Pasca07: 11:49am On Sep 09, 2014
oyb: OP be deceiving yourself there - all I will say is the last entry level recruitment in my organisation was wholly private uni grads. The bastardization of public education means 90% of grads are unemployable. You guys can keep blathering about fun and maturity. There's enough time to have fun and mature in gainful employment.
really?but someone posted a comment here that private universities graduates are joblesss? Or am i missing something here?
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Damsman10(m): 11:49am On Sep 09, 2014
lilprinze: I noticed that most of the students who attend private universities are people who were denied or not given admission into public university or people who did not have a very good result so they have or had no choice other than to go to private Universities half bread is better than none.

dats where you got it wrong, its not because half bread is better than none, its because dey can afford it...

@Op send ur pikin 2 a religious school like Bowen or Covenant, if he makes it through after 4years, its a sign that he/she is a gud child....

Let's all change our mind set, Op is ryt there r little or no difference BTW private n public but its worth giving it a try.

#I REP MY SCHOOL

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Jaidooo(m): 11:50am On Sep 09, 2014
I can only sense hate. Infact I wish I attended a private secondary school sef.
I would do a ptivate institution over and over again.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 09, 2014
Many empty heads. U for kuku create topic on why not to go school abroad since its almost the same as private uni. Poverty mentality worrying nigerians since time immemorial.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by ziezy(m): 11:51am On Sep 09, 2014
Strongly Agree
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 09, 2014
gift01: Poverty in expressive Action. May the Almighty provide for your generation

This is crap, hope you know?

The OP was subjective and you were too, but in a more silly way.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Damsman10(m): 11:53am On Sep 09, 2014
thelastgenius:

If by chance yu finished with a pass.....Why dnt yu attempt attending a priv uni(RUN).....

Trust me u'll get withdrawn before yr2

many people don't know private schools also have 3rd Klas, probation 1, probation 2, withdrawal...

if dey r doin gud, it myt b because of d serenity of dier school environment or d dept. nor carry weight.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by maxlis097(m): 11:55am On Sep 09, 2014
Kachisbarbie: The only reason why I didn't attend na...NO MONEY!
Please follow me back cheesy
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by MrDoGood(m): 11:55am On Sep 09, 2014
benjichuks: Immediately I saw this, I knew it was front page material, so I did the needful and to God be the glory, here I am as the FTC!
For those aspiring to be in my position, well keep on trying, Praying, subscribing for data and commenting, one day you'll reach where I am now. grin

As for the topic, I agree with the OP though not in all of them

how much seun pay u?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by MrDoGood(m): 11:58am On Sep 09, 2014
op na poverty do u dis one?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 09, 2014
Pasca07: really?but someone posted a comment here that private universities graduates are joblesss? Or am i missing something here?

You are missing something. For employers private uni grads are more desirable as entry level staff. They are easier to train, and had access to a more relevant curriculum. I will repeat all my employer (oil and gas major) new entry level hires are private uni grads. You think public uni grads were not part of the recruitment process. Private unis have reduced the available quality entry level jobs to fresh grads from public universities. I am a public uni grad, but I have been working since 2002. Unless public unis step up their game only their very best grads will get good jobs.thats what fashola was trying to do with lasu fees. In the end lasu grads will be the losers only fit for allmanenter jobs like estate agents

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 09, 2014
maxlis097:
Please follow me back cheesy
Lol...I have reach ma limit. can't follow again, don't know why... embarassed
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Cute2peg(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
Private Institutions in Nigeria....Refuse Dump for those who could not scale thru the doors of Public Institution..some of them in the so call Private School never wrote Jamb b4....They believe they can pay there way thru skul...Most of those PRIVATE SCHOOLS ARE PROGRAMMED...D Students are tailored fitted.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by yerakola(m): 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
I tink one of the major reason yi most nigeria can't go to private university is money,

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
If only dey can afford it dey wunt be spewing jargons jst to discredit private sculs. Evn some humble peeps who can't afford it wish dey went to priv unis. U'll gain nothing from hating on priv unis, all u'll get is being in the same povertial state of mind for ages.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
The article is thinly disguised class resentment. The age old pako are more street smart than buta argument. Always absurd because any pako that makes it will then raise buta lids.

7 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by thelastgenius: 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
One thing this Op surely suffers from is Inferiority complex.

Why exactly are you trying to discourage people from attending Priv Uni's??

Not everyone wants to suffer the process of having lectures with 999 other students in a hall that is meant for 100 students.

Try and be a little more creative sir.

You Should have written a thread like "6 Reasons why you should attend a Public uni"

10 years from now Yu're prolly gon be Rich.....Trust me bro, Yu'll curse whoever asks you to send your children to a public uni.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
Op is right! Private universities in Nigeria are so bleeped up!
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pasca07: really?but someone posted a comment here that private universities graduates are joblesss? Or am i missing something here?
y not conduct your research before concluding
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Damsman10(m): 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: But to be sincere, most private university students/graduates are just utterly stupid,
Sorry to say that.
And they know they are..........acdemically stupid,physically stupid,brain stupidity and lastly socially stupid.
Infact they are just 'dumb'..........i don't know why the nigerian government/ministry of education allowed private ownership of universities in the country.
For shit's sake the private universities produces mostly dumb niggaz and its painful......Government should as a matter of urgency revoke/abolish the law that provides for the private ownership of universities in nigeria.........
Private universities= Home of dumbness!
I'm outta here before they crucify me or burn me to death......*SPITS*

lol
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dryakson(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
gift01: Poverty in expressive Action. May the Almighty provide for your generation
amin and may God continue keeping your entire generation in poverty...... Wawa.... If you don't have something to say why not keep your dirty mouth shut?
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
Wat was your jamb score sir?
Kasynpaulsyn1997: sorry bro,you 're one of them too?!
Just look at the embrassment you are in.....study to pass your wassce and utme and have a better life in a public uni you will not now you wanna put the blame on me?!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by benjichuks(m): 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
MrDoGood:

how much seun pay u?

It's not quantifiable grin cheesy
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by segsxpendable(m): 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
when will this war between private nd public uni end....come abeg,,school na school,it depends on ur mindset....#i rep FUNAAB#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady Mocked By Her Friends Who Graduated Before Her, 2 Years Later This Happened / How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) / NUC Lists Universities Approved For Postgraduate Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.