Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University (57463 Views)

5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic / 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 / 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pasca07: really?but someone posted a comment here that private universities graduates are joblesss? Or am i missing something here?
missing something?? hell NO! you're missing everything!
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Bode2: 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
ichommy: #Yinmu, no matter what, i still rep CU home of kings and queens #eagle wink
that's what you were told so no problem about that. wishing you the very best.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Pasca07: 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
oyb:

You are missing something. For employers private uni grads are more desirable as entry level staff. They are easier to train, and had access to a more relevant curriculum. I will repeat all my employer (oil and gas major) new entry level hires are private uni grads. You think public uni grads were not part of the recruitment process. Private unis have reduced the available quality entry level jobs to fresh grads from public universities. I am a public uni grad, but I have been working since 2002. Unless public unis step up their game only their very best grads will get good jobs.thats what fashola was trying to do with lasu fees. In the end lasu grads will be the losers only fit for allmanenter jobs like estate agents
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
dryakson: amin and may God continue keeping your entire generation in poverty...... Wawa.... If you don't have something to say why not keep your dirty mouth shut?

See? The Nigerian public uni grad - insults at the slightest provocation.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
Wat was your jamb score sir?
Cute2peg: Private Institutions in Nigeria....Refuse Dump for those who could not scale thru the doors of Public Institution..some of them in the so call Private School never wrote Jamb b4....They believe they can pay there way thru skul...Most of those PRIVATE SCHOOLS ARE PROGRAMMED...D Students are tailored fitted.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Pasca07: 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
oyb:

You are missing something. For employers private uni grads are more desirable as entry level staff. They are easier to train, and had access to a more relevant curriculum. I will repeat all my employer (oil and gas major) new entry level hires are private uni grads. You think public uni grads were not part of the recruitment process. Private unis have reduced the available quality entry level jobs to fresh grads from public universities. I am a public uni grad, but I have been working since 2002. Unless public unis step up their game only their very best grads will get good jobs.thats what fashola was trying to do with lasu fees. In the end lasu grads will be the losers only fit for allmanenter jobs like estate agents
chesus are you sure?but from the comments here i thought going to public universities will give you an edge in labour market than the private universities graduates...so private universities graduates work in an oil servicing firm?this is surprising........
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Wat was your jamb score sir?
my first jamb score was 163(2013) i don't rush things so i had to sit down at home and studied harder rather than going to one of the home of dumbness around,scattered all over the country........this year i got 201 and i'm already admitted to study law in ESUT!
So,son you see?!
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Wat was your jamb score sir?
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
Do u suddenly become brilliant in a private uni?

The best graduating student in one of the private unis(2012) attended Loyola Abuja.I'm sure most of the pple here blabbing abt jamb scores couldnt attend Loyola.Of course not cos of schl fees...we all knw d kind of entrance exams dey write there.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Pasca07: 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
donpeey22: Op is right! Private universities in Nigeria are so bleeped up!
bleeped up?pls elucidate more?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
only poverty can make a man talk like this. if you are wealthy and comfortable, u'll apparently send your kids to the most expensive school.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Navvy(m): 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
gift01: Poverty in expressive Action. May the Almighty provide for your generation
bitch i know u cant afford a private uni. U just be forming. May almighty provide for ur generations too.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Navvy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
Stoner69: only poverty can make a man talk like this. if you are wealthy and comfortable, u'll apparently send your kids to the most expensive school.
ever had this "not hw far, but how well" ?
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by thelastgenius: 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: my first jamb score was 163(2013) i don't rush things so i had to sit down at home and studied harder rather than going to one of the home of dumbness around,scattered all over the country........this year i got 201 and i'm already admitted to study law in ESUT!
So,son you see?!

So you scored 201 in jamb and u're making noise as if yu Scored highest.....

#Oshisco

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by daddynasa: 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
hmmmm please let truth be told. I attended a fed uni. i cud afford any private sch in naija. pls stop saying poverty. a graduate is a graduate whether private or public. I Ve encountered so many private uni graduates. a friend of mine was in a private school 200l med surgery n wanted to change to a public sch but he failed post Ume woefully. I was shocked cus he didn't fail with pride. and for the girls(or some of them) they are just too dump for me and kinda cheap. sometime myself and friends go just drive go their gate on the day of their vacation we must catch fishes na. dem no go travel go house immediately o. na hotel tins. just cus say den lock them. but all the same u can't judge all with just a few. for me some of them learn abt life after graduation. just imagine for nysc camp one guy just shout for one of their babes n she just start cry. @op no be by public sch ooo. labour market no know Ur sch o.
make Una take am easy o
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: my first jamb score was 163(2013) i don't rush things so i had to sit down at home and studied harder rather than going to one of the home of dumbness around,scattered all over the country........this year i got 201 and i'm already admitted to study law in ESUT!
So,son you see?!
ode! 201 and you're bragging? i scored 232 and was admitted the very year a graduated from secondary school.. now i'm a proud law graduate currently in the NLS!! and i finished from a private uni!! guess what?? now everyone knowS your financial status!! RETARDEEN grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Pasca07: 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
So,son you see?!
201 in jamb?and proud to study law?i called it below average from my own perspective....I have seen lot of private universities students that scored 240 and above in jamb but still prefer private institution....

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by saintegs(m): 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
Don't tell me this is another Public vs Private
thread
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by butanep(m): 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis: There are some parents who wouldn't send their wards to OAU or UI even if their wards score 399 in JAMB. Not everyone love a rough life amidst cultists, uncultured elements, congestion, stress, struggles, reading with candle sticks, queueing for water, harrasment, intimidation, etc.

In summary, your points are invalid, void and unintelligent.
those struggles are the fun in the university... if you miss such, you didn't go to university but a glorified secondary school.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Navvy(m): 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
dam007: ode! 201 and you're bragging? i scored 232 and was admitted the very year a graduated from secondary school.. now i'm a proud law graduate currently in the NLS!! and i finished from a private uni!! guess what?? now everyone knowS your financial status!! RETARDEEN grin cheesy
poor men children be coming to NL to claim otherwise
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by daddynasa: 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
MrDoGood: op na poverty do u dis one?
if u were rich as u claimed why not school in the US

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
thelastgenius:

So you scored 201 in jamb and u're making noise as if yu Scored highest.....

#Oshisco
i'm better than you.......you didn't write jamb to enter into the 'home of dumbness' and secondly your wassce/0'level i'm sure is nothing to write home about...
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Dopefiend(m): 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
dryakson: Many Nigerian students these days often move quickly to queue for private universities when
making a choice of institution.

I agree that private universities have advantages like the absence of strike, easy access to
lecturers… Well, that’s about all.

Public universities, federal and state, have a lot of advantages, from cheaper school fees, to the
freedom to be an adult. Public universities expose you to the real world, introduces you to the
hustle of life unlike private universities that consist of a lot of brats who are literally spoon-fed.

They are so pampered, making difficult to face the real world when they become graduates.
So here’s my case for choosing a public university.

First off, you have to differentiate a private school and a Christian private school.

1. Public universities allow for freedom and independence:

Students in public universities enjoy the freedom to make decisions for themselves and learn to
be almost independent. Private universities keep students within the four walls of their campuses
and under certain rules more suited for teenagers than young adults. The laws in public
universities are not imposed on the students; they are just the basic principles a normal student
is meant to follow. It’s funny when I see pictures of private university students being punished or
hear of certain rules like compulsory attendance of chapel, feeding time tables, dress codes,
e.t.c​.​ It is absurd; these are adults​!​

The students signed the undertaken themselves, the school didn't coerce them. Tho you can't hear of such things in lead city or igbenedion

2. Cost of education:

It is a lot cheaper to attend public university than a private one and this is not limited to school
fees. Cost of living on public universities is also cheaper. Students cook their own meals and hav​
e access to shops on campus and in town where prices of goods and services are competitive.
On the other hand, the cost of living on a private university secluded campus for one semester is
enough to build a house.

Lol. Why you hating on success? Poor man. Just say you don't have money.

3. Public university g​ives “exposure” to students:

It’s more than obvious that public university students are ”​sharper​”​ than private university
students. Private university students who are often referred to as “JJC” or “Learners” by public
university students, live what I term “the microwave life” which is the easy life.
In federal universities you get to meet all sorts: from cultists to Aristo chicks, people with
different personalities. It makes one exposed to what life really is. One is exposed to the hustle
and learns how to struggle for things. There are still brats in federal universities but most of
them get to grow up when exposed to the hustle.

On the contrary, private sch give more exposure than the public schools. What exposures are there in the public sch? Cultist exposure? Aristo exposure? You are sick. You get to meet better people in private schs than public schs

4. Life on and off campus is FUN:

There are so many parties to attend, clubs and events. One gets to meet real people, one also
learns to be real. There is a lot of gist and gossip, lot of things to laugh at. Rather than chapel,
it’s clubbing. Dating is even fun in federal schools. Couples express love without fear as adults.
One gets to see students that are rich and poor mingling as equals; students who express
themselves through their dressing and not relegated to some uniform.

So to you, having fun is now only through dating, clubbing and partying? Which private sch uses uniform? undecided Calculate the % of meeting rich folks in the public sch to the private sch, and slap urself

5. Hard work is compulsory

Students in public universities have work​ed​ through exceptional odds to succeed; challenges that
help one not take life for granted. Imagine a department of over a thousand students with a very
small lecture hall or a lecturer who spends only twenty minutes in a class where he is meant to
spend two hours, or one who only gives handouts. Faced with issues like these, students work
extra hard to come out with well-deserved results.

Hard work? Lol, with all the partying and clubbing? Blocking comes to the rescue for most of these folks. Go to bishop's sch and say you want to 'think' of bribing a lecturer lol. Na that day them go judge ur matter

6. Public universities produce more mature graduates:

With all the challenges: strikes, nonchalant lecturers, freedom to express yourself as adult etc,
public universities are more equipped for life after graduation. They know that things would not
just be handed to them and are used to making decisions for themselves.

Lol so because you graduated at 30, u feel Ure mature? Lol grow up. Maturity is of the mind. A 22 year old that just graduated from a private uni can be more mature than a 28 or 29 year old public graduate. Don't generalise because they turn you guys to grand daddies before they let you go.

Stop hating bruv. It ain't good for the mind, body and soul.

9 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by butanep(m): 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
So,son you see?!
guy keep quiet... no school will give you law with 201... except its a private school. when your mates that scored 250 were reading, you were busy in social networks wasting precious time you would ve used to read... pray they give you admission
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by butanep(m): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
So,son you see?!
guy keep quiet... no school will give you law with 201... except its a private school. when your mates that scored 250 were reading, you were busy in social networks wasting precious time you would ve used to read... pray they give you admission
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by butanep(m): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
So,son you see?!
guy keep quiet... no school will give you law with 201... except its a private school. when your mates that scored 250 were reading, you were busy in social networks wasting precious time you would ve used to read... pray they give you admission.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Bode2: 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis: There are some parents who wouldn't send their wards to OAU or UI even if their wards score 399 in JAMB. Not everyone love a rough life amidst cultists, uncultured elements, congestion, stress, struggles, reading with candle sticks, queueing for water, harrasment, intimidation, etc.

In summary, your points are invalid, void and unintelligent.
fallacy at the highest level! I am a student of OAU and I don't live a rough life. I am currently in 300 level and have never come across a cultist. In fact, I don't even know one. Life in itself is about struggle according to Hegel's dialectics. I have never witness any form of harassment or intimidation but on campus and off campus. An average OAU student is good, religious and well mannered and I think the same applies to UI.
Lastly, the electricity here is constant k.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
Lmao!!!
And u're making noise undecided
My first eva jamb score was 222...had waec glitch then.When i was finally set,i wrote anoda jamb....#boom...256.So u see son cry

Of course u dont know me but i just posted dat to correct the wrong notion that pple who attend priv unis couldnt pass jamb.
#Peace
So,son you see?!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
dam007: ode! 201 and you're bragging? i scored 232 and was admitted the very year a graduated from secondary school.. now i'm a proud law graduate currently in the NLS!! and i finished from a private uni!! guess what?? now everyone knowS your financial status!! RETARDEEN grin cheesy
liar! Which of the NLS?......graduate from one of the 'home of dumbness'
reamaining in a secondary school is better than going to the 'home of dumbness'
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 12:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
Navvy: poor men children be coming to NL to claim otherwise
EYAH!! may you make it in life and end the streak of parental brainwash currently affecting you perception of life.. wonna see my profile? ain"t bragging.. just making a point.. BOLLOR!!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by emog17(m): 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
So,son you see?!
mtcheww
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: liar! Which of the NLS?......graduate from one of the 'home of dumbness'
reamaining in a secondary school is better than going to the 'home of dumbness'
Nigerien Law School, Victoria island Lagos! it's the lord's doing #BrokeASS AND WE CAN AFFORD IT!! cheesy cheesy grin Stop beefin private schools!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady Mocked By Her Friends Who Graduated Before Her, 2 Years Later This Happened / How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) / NUC Lists Universities Approved For Postgraduate Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.