Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? (49770 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last / How to Make a Relationship Last...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Tbozun: 7:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
Man's senses have limited capability so the period of courtship should be as short as possible
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by muelzik(m): 7:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
agarawu23:
marriage depends on the pocket of a guy.

before u think of getting married, are u sure u r financial okay? and u are old enuf to cope wit stupidity of ladies.

you and your partner will decide when to tie d not. dating for so long doesnt mats which is the best because u guys are used to each other.

how will u marry a gal u met within 2 weeks? hope u knw drink 'alomo'? no wander many marriages dont last.

as for me I am not done to get married cos I gat to have my own house n a nice organization of mine. Abi na one room wey u dey for face me I face u you wan marry put

Your mentality will change by the time you are 40 and still dreaming. At 60, instead of starting plans for retirement, you would be working to sponsor a 20 year old child in the University? I pray not.

What I have come to terms with in respect to marriage and when to get into it is to first ensure you are spiritually, physically, psychologically, mentally and then financial (coming last) ready. You may have all the money, yet not really ready (check out some of our musical artists).

Now, I say this, a good woman may be the only reason why a man may want to settle down now or later. A woman who is supportive, understanding as well as you are, will make a ready couple to decide to tie the knot. I have seen most especially academicians, lecturers who are still searching at 45 (the worst being a woman), and when asked, they say they were busy building a bright future. Oh MY...!

For me, I decided to settle down when I met her. Why didnt I do that when I was in my previous relationships? This is not a question for the gods!

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by IYANGBALI: 7:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
Minimum of 10 years and maximum of 20 years,marriage no be beans o

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
it's not defined at all, what works for me might not work for you, what is required are understanding and the readiness from both sides.
it should however be known that No matter how long a relationship/courting is prolonged in the name of wanting to study nd know your partner, you CANNOT thoroughly know each other until you start cohabiting ...
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
Lemmie ask my babe. I dey come
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by SpencerLewis(m): 7:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
As long as you can wait.

I could meet a lady today and with her consent marry her the next
Marry her the next what? second, minute, hour, weeks, month, year, decade, century or millennium? Which one boy? Say it now or 4eva remain si.............
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by john403: 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
FOR LATEST NIGERIA NEWS VISIT http://www..com.ng/
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by agarawu23(m): 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
muelzik:

Your mentality will change by the time you are 40 and still dreaming. At 60, instead of starting plans for retirement, you would be working to sponsor a 20 year old child in the University? I pray not.

What I have come to terms with in respect to marriage and when to get into it is to first ensure you are spiritually, physically, psychologically, mentally and then financial (coming last) ready. You may have all the money, yet not really ready (check out some of our musical artists).

Now, I say this, a good woman may be the only reason why a man may want to settle down now or later. A woman who is supportive, understanding as well as you are, will make a ready couple to decide to tie the knot. I have seen most especially academicians, lecturers who are still searching at 45 (the worst being a woman), and when asked, they say they were busy building a bright future. Oh MY...!

For me, I decided to settle down when I met her. Why didnt I do that when I was in my previous relationships? This is not a question for the gods!
ok
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Jilo83(m): 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
not hw far but hw well
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by justinatina(f): 7:59pm On Oct 10, 2014
Wen eva d pple involve re sure dat dey hav undastood demself nd re ready
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by NosaForNSF(m): 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
Considering d age of Nigeria, 54 years its ok.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
agarawu23:

before u think of getting married, are u sure u r financial okay? and u are old enuf to cope wit stupidity of ladies.

bros dis ur yan funny sha. Doe d tin make sense join sha.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by conyema12(m): 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
As long as u are sure u want to marry the person.
but any relationship that goes beyond 3yrs without real commitment from a financially stable guy is no longer fair to the lady
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by samsoft00: 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
i think 5 minimum..
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by spongebob0006(f): 8:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
just passing#teamwakapass#
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
1 year is cool.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by sexylogan(m): 8:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
agarawu23:
marriage depends on the pocket of a guy.

you and your partner will decide when to tie d not. dating for so long doesnt mats which is the best because u guys are used to each other.

how will u marry a gal u met within 2 weeks? hope u knw drink 'alomo'? no wander many marriages dont last.

as for me I am not done to get married cos I gat to have my own house n a nice organization of mine. Abi na one room wey u dey for face me I face u you wan marry put

grin

STENON:
Bro!!, That your last statemnt is absolutely wrong.

u sure?

Ladybluecash:
It all depend on individuals and their age.. U dnt xpect a 30yrs old lady to b in a relatnship for 3-4yrs. Na swear she go giv u

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 1one: 8:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
STENON:
Bro!!, That your last statemnt is absolutely wrong.

Yeah... I would understand if you don't absolutely agree.

I didn't want to type any further if not I would have really crystallized that statement and possibly created a few nuances surrounding it

If I had done that, you may likely not have used "absolutely"
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
I don't even know. All I know is I cannot become the lord of the rings for 6 years and nothing. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by naijaboiy: 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
MzMariah:
I don't even know. All I know is I cannot become the lord of the rings for 6 years and nothing. undecided
gringringringringrin;
gringringringrin
gringringrin
gringrin
grin
cheesy
cheesycheesy
cheesycheesycheesy
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by DNDROID(m): 8:24pm On Oct 10, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
jazz grin cool
I for need coach now o...
These fine ladies don't fall for my style or whatever o...
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
naijaboiy:

gringringringringrin;
gringringringrin
gringringrin
gringrin
grin
cheesy
cheesycheesy
cheesycheesycheesy
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
My dear na as e be me I yarn you so o. cheesy grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by STENON(f): 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2014
[quote
author=1one post=27034170]

Yeah... I would understand if you don't absolutely agree.

I didn't want to type any further if not I would have really
crystallized that statement and possibly created a few nuances
surrounding it

If I had done that, you may likely not have used "absolutely" [/quote] Owkay. pls If my "absolutely" statemnt gt you angry, pls I'm very sorry for that.

According to what you wrote above " A lady is always ready for marriage". Please kindly explain How and why?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Tomwizzy(m): 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2014
If dere iz moni it cannot be long but if dere iz no moni ah it wil be long
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by naijaboiy: 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
MzMariah:
My dear na as e be me I yarn you so o. cheesy grin
How person go see you finish come make you lord of the rings for 6years? grin

E no possible na
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by mployer(m): 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
iceberylin:
QÚĔŚŤĨŐŃ ŦŐŔ ŤĤĔ ĞŐĎŚ undecided

You are always first to comment on Most posts. How do You do it?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
naijaboiy:

How person go see you finish come make you lord of the rings for 6years? grin

E no possible na
If I hear, them plenty o. grin cheesy some gan dey reach 10 years. undecided
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by scribble: 8:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
People be trying to time love

but carry on

Linda Ikeji blog is stil sharing your stories

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by iceberylin(m): 8:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
mployer:

You are always first to comment on Most posts. How do You do it?
QÚĔŚŤĨŐŃ ŦŐŔ ŤĤĔ ĞŐĎŚ grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by lonelydora: 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
I met my wife in December, had traditional marriage in April, had our wedding in November (went for work after trad)

Your rship should be as the spirit leads

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by naijaboiy: 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
MzMariah:
If I hear, them plenty o. grin cheesy some gan dey reach 10 years. undecided
Even as you fine and shapy like this? shocked

Any man wey do that thing dey craze undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Is Searching For A Baby Daddy On Twitter As Her Biological Clock Is Ticking / Nigeria Ranked Most Sexually Satisfied Country In The World / He Wants To Quit From His Marriage Because Of These Reasons...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.