Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,322 members, 7,780,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:36 PM

1BOBO1's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1BOBO1's Profile / 1BOBO1's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Celebrities / Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Stuns In New Advert For Konga! by 1BOBO1: 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
After just two days of being unveiled as the Brand Ambassadors of Pampers, alongside Super Dakore Egbuson, Omotola Jalade's other Ambassadorial Commercial Clip has just been released. As the face of Konga, Omotola embodies what being a starlet is all about, in her top-notch style, as represented in the advert. The sizzling hot mama of four is quickly proving herself to be the next big thing in the Celebrity endorsement business, which so far this year has been practically previously monopolized by her biggest competition, Genevieve Nnaji!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ylM-qVo8rM

For more entertainment news, please visit, www.kongossawahala..com

1 Like

Celebrities / Whitney Houston's Daughter Assaults Multi-award Winning Actress, Angela Bassett! by 1BOBO1: 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
Recently, there has been much excitment when highly acclaimed, and multi-award winning thespian, Angela Bassett, was announced to have been chosen to direct an upcoming biopic about Grammy Award winning icon, Whitney Houston. However, Bassett has found herself in a bit of a sticky situation with the daughter of the deceased, when she recently stated in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that she had no intentions of casting Whitney's 21 year old daughter to play her iconic mother in the Lifetime biopic.
Angela stated: I did not think about casting her. And probably for a number of reasons, you know. one being that she's not an actress. i know she's acted here and there, I know she's been on their family's reality show, but she's not an actress and acting is a craft. It's an attempt to illuminate the complexities of human behavior and life. And this is a very fast-paced schedule; we have just 21 days to tell this story. it's more than just saying lines and turning the lights on. You have to drive the story--there's a technical aspect."

Bobbi Kristina, only heir to the Whitney Houston dynasty, apparently, did not take this news very well, she immediately hopped on twitter to voice her opinion in the most inappropriate ways, calling Mrs. Bassett a "Basketcase" and claiming she actually might be a transgendered... you know, a woman with a ding dong?...Here's what she wrote:
Ha MsAng "bassketcase" has such a damn nerve my lord, at least the world doesn't mistake me for the wrong sex...she has some #XtraEquipment."

Later on she added:

"When I win my first Grammy or Oscar, *Shrugs* hmm whichever comes 1st, I'll be sure 2shout URname out Bitch! Hah UrTestResults= Male. Lmao"

If I thought Angela Bassett made the wrong choice not casting Bobbie Kristina before, I certainly don't anymore. What do you guys think?

For more, visit my blog: www.kongossawahala..com

Nairaland / General / Http://kongossawahala..com/2014/01/new-beginnings-that-time-of-year-agai by 1BOBO1: 11:38am On Jan 01, 2014
It is that time of the year again... Yes, I mean that time! Remember that time? When you promise yourself that you would stop eating all those unhealthy foods and drinking so much soda? That time when you promise yourself that you won't open your legs for "just anybody" because that was the old you, and the new you does not seek instantaneous pleasure, but a life-long relationship. It is that time of the year when all our hearts are filled to the brim with hope aplenty. Unfortunately, as the blinding daze of the new year fades, So does our desire to make ourselves better. To take just one more step towards the right direction. To eat healthy and lose those few pounds, or spend more time with our wives instead of "chilling with the guys".
Yes, indeed, it s that time of the year again... But, the beautiful thing about being present to witness this whole process all over again, is that as long as one alive and well, there is nothing we can't do. There are no mountains we can't climb. No boulders we can't move! That's the beauty of a new start, and of endless possibilities. So, make this year count! Go out! Pray, Live life, find love, break hearts, and learn lessons, because when it's all said and done, isn't that what it's all about? Being here? Being Alive?
The only new years resolution worth having is that which permits you to be human. So, in our journey to learning what it really means to be a being of our kind, we must never forget the most important part of it all. The art of just being Alive!
Happy New Years, and May the Lord be forever in your favor!

For more exciting posts, please make sure to stop by my blog: Kongossawahala..com Thank you!
TV/Movies / Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo On POLO Luxury watch Advert by 1BOBO1: 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
speedyboi:
Go and Die tongue tongue tongue tongue

I know right, Luxury items can be made from various stuffs like diamonds, Gold, Pearls etc. But a luxury watch starts at around 50,000. That's why I didn't wanna go too high just to drive home my point cos even a 100K watch is unreasonable.

Why do Nigerians always think that when you think a price tag is unreasonable, it means you are poor? undecided undecided Me thinks you are the one with the 'poverty' mentality here. I don't have issues with guys that acquire luxury items for fashion (you know some buy them as investment), but personally....I can't buy a luxury item for fashion.....even if I have Dangote wealth.

Humph my brother, are you sure Me I'll spend that money well well oo. Lmbo
Celebrities / Re: Must Read: Brad Pitt's Love Letter To Angelina Jolie! by 1BOBO1: 11:56am On Dec 28, 2013
Swiftboy: Thats a loverboy right there! I think Lina's lucky to have Brad! One of the Few celebrity marriage without drama! cheesy

I love how firmly he stands by her. I've always been a Jolie fan, but now brad has grown on me big time.
Celebrities / Re: Must Read: Brad Pitt's Love Letter To Angelina Jolie! by 1BOBO1: 11:55am On Dec 28, 2013
axortedbabe: nt yet married tho..buh They r far beta off than most legally married couple

It depends how you choose to look at it. To then they are married, they've made the vows to each other, and have started their family. They have SIX KIDS! That's marriage o! Lol
Celebrities / Must Read: Brad Pitt's Love Letter To Angelina Jolie! by 1BOBO1: 12:27am On Dec 28, 2013
Brad Pitt wrote a beautiful letter to his WIFE Angelina Jolie, that I realized I just could not afford to not share. As a young man, I myself can only hope to find something like this one day. A true romance if you will. It's good to know that a man of his calibre is willing to be so open about working hard to make his relationship work with his wife. Yes, I said WIFE! That's the part that confused me too at first, did they already tie to knot? Or is it that they are one of the liberal few who don't believe one has to have a grand celebratory even in order to validate their commitments to being with each other? I seem to be leaning more towards the latter. Anywho.. read away, and may you too find love worth writing about!

My wife got sick. She was constantly nervous because of problems at work, personal life, her failures and children. She lost 30 pounds and weighted about 90 pounds. She got very skinny and was constantly crying. She was not a happy woman. She had suffered from continuing headaches, heart pain and jammed nerves in her back and ribs. She did not sleep well, falling asleep only in the mornings and got tired very quickly during the day. Our relationship was on the verge of a break up. Her beauty was leaving her somewhere, she had bags under her eyes, she was poking her head, and stopped taking care of herself. She refused to shoot the films and rejected any role. I lost hope and thought that we’ll get divorced soon… But then I decided to act. After all I’ve got the most beautiful woman on earth. She is the idol of more than half of men and women on earth, and I was the one allowed to fall asleep next to her and to hug her. I began to shower her with flowers, kisses and compliments. I surprised and pleased her every minute. I gave her a lot of gifts and lived just for her. I spoke in public only about her. I incorporated all themes in her direction. I praised her in front of her own and our mutual friends. You won’t believe it, but she blossomed. She became better. She gained weight, was no longer nervous and loved me even more than ever. I had no clue that she CAN love that much.
And then I realized one thing: the woman is the reflection of her man.
If you love her to the point of madness, she will become it.
-Brad Pitt

Please, for more interesting articles, don't forget to visit my blog: kongossawahala..com

TV/Movies / Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo On POLO Luxury watch Advert by 1BOBO1: 12:22am On Dec 26, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person.

Tell me what part of your moronic post I should have addressed na. You just re-read it and realised you were dumb?

Is a person the best insult your incredulously lacking brain stem could possible summon up to formulate a dislike? Or perhaps has your ignorance overtaken all traces of common sense? Please, get off my post! shocked For someone who thinks I am moronic, it surprises me that you are sitting behind your computer writing up replies to a fool. As I have concluded that that is all you are, a fool, that is, I will take myself from the situation. Please, try to do thesame.
TV/Movies / Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo On POLO Luxury watch Advert by 1BOBO1: 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sagamite:

And when you were corrected that it was not directed at you, what other moronic rubbish in your write up did you think I should have addressed?

Hahahaha, this mumu dey nairaland dey yap mouth. Abeg, disappeyah!
TV/Movies / Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo On POLO Luxury watch Advert by 1BOBO1: 3:17pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sagamite:

What sense is in the other junk you wrote?

You prayed?

And you made a statement that had no basis?

You made a previous remake about how you make alot of money of some nonsense, I guessed it was addressed to me too so I made a statement about it, isn't it obvious? Why else could I have made the statement? shocked Hahaha. cheesy Human beings are something else.
TV/Movies / Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo On POLO Luxury watch Advert by 1BOBO1: 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sagamite:

Who mentioned your wealth?

Chai, you see? with all that I wrote it's only that one thing you thought was worthy of writing of? That should tell you something about your thinking process.
TV/Movies / Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo On POLO Luxury watch Advert by 1BOBO1: 1:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sagamite:

The bible?

I should read folktales of medieval illiterates and then come and say I know what God said?

You have a better chance of J.R.R Tolkien's Lord of the Ring changing my mindset.

Hahaha, I am actually pretty well off thank you very much, but it's evident from your statements that you're set in your mindset, so for the sake of not making unnecessary argument on Christmas day, I will just tell you Merry Christmas, and may the Good will of the Most High be with you. Amen! smiley
TV/Movies / Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo On POLO Luxury watch Advert by 1BOBO1: 12:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sagamite:

When did God say that?

Or is P Diddy your God?

Read your bible, or for a quick search you can just use google. Poverty is actually a sin according to the bible, so... yeah... (also google that, maybe that will change your mindset.)
TV/Movies / Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo On POLO Luxury watch Advert by 1BOBO1: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sagamite: Trust a lot of person "big boys and girls" in Nigeria to rush out and pay some moronic price for the wristwatch. Just to show they are "successful".

Fcking thank the Lord I have a brain, no dey do follow-follow and no bunch of moorons can define for me what success is by saying their product can help me.

Hahaha, My brother you're contradicting yourself. Even God says his children will have good things as a testament to his glory and good will. If you have that mentality you will forever stay in thesame level. If I had the money, you can be rest assure that I will buy it without a second thought. Not because it is expensive, but because I like it!
Celebrities / Re: Richard Mofe Damijo's New Slimmed-down Look by 1BOBO1: 3:14am On Dec 24, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Who is he?I have never heard his name before,is he a nigerian?

You've never heard of Richard Mofe Damijo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
TV/Movies / Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo On POLO Luxury watch Advert by 1BOBO1: 3:10am On Dec 24, 2013
speedyboi:

True, but those POLO guys no dey try ooo...How can you be making only Luxury designs? Dem be Rolex? undecided What of poor people like me wey no dey buy Luxury sad sad?

Make dem keep am, Watch na watch grin grin grin grin

My brother, if you no fit afford croissant no bi you go so so chop na agege? hahaha! dem they try their own well well. My problem na sey why dem use the name Polo? at first I was thinking Ralph Lauren. LOL
TV/Movies / Re: Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo On POLO Luxury watch Advert by 1BOBO1: 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
speedyboi: It's a cool tv commercial, Eku Edewor looking radiant as ever! kiss kiss kiss.
Star studded commercial for a luxury product...cool cool cool cool.

Indeed, they are really stepping up sha! and the watches are actually up to international standards. It's refreshing to see Africa reaching new heights. cheesy

2 Likes

Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo Share The Screen Once More! by 1BOBO1: 6:12am On Dec 23, 2013
So, a few weeks ago while surfing the web, I stumbled upon a most riveting picture of Ms. Genevieve Nnaji and Mr. Richard Mofe-Damijo all smiles and holding hands at the Nollywood At 20 event that just recently passed a few weeks ago in Lagos. I was so happy because truth be told, these two icons have given us Nollywood followers some very good memories with films like Keeping Faith, Love, and Critical Decision, amongst others, yet, as time went on, they have become a rarity in films. Of course, this seems to have only increases their value exponentially, because as Luck would have it, Both RMD and Genevieve have landed ambassadorial deals as the faces of POLO Luxury watches. I was so enticed by the brilliance of these two icons on my computer screen that I barely noticed the other celebrities featured in the advert like Ojy Okpe, Eku Edewor and Ene Maya Lawani.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpEfEKGbfAE

Anywho, enough Grammar! Here's the video! Enjoy!
TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo On POLO Luxury watch Advert by 1BOBO1: 5:48am On Dec 23, 2013
So, a few weeks ago while surfing the web, I stumbled upon a most riveting picture of Ms. Genevieve Nnaji and Mr. Richard Mofe-Damijo all smiles and holding hands at the Nollywood At 20 event that just recently passed a few weeks ago in Lagos. I was so happy because truth be told, these two icons have given us Nollywood followers some very good memories with films like Keeping Faith, Love, and Critical Decision, amongst others, yet, as time went on, they have become a rarity in films. Of course, this seems to have only increases their value exponentially, because as Luck would have it, Both RMD and Genevieve have landed ambassadorial deals as the faces of POLO Luxury watches. I was so enticed by the brilliance of these two icons on my computer screen that I barely noticed the other celebrities featured in the advert like Ojy Okpe, Eku Edewor and Ene Maya Lawani.

Anywho, enough Grammar! Here's the video! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpEfEKGbfAE

For more intriguing articles, please stop by my page: kongossawahala..com and show your African brethen some love. lol cheesy

Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji And D'banj: Is That Love In The Air I Smell? by 1BOBO1: 7:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
So, it is no secret that Genevieve Nnaji and D'banj had a little ding-a-ling for awhile, considering how much the Koko master himself has been gisting about the affair. On several occasions, D'banj has been noted to speak on how much he loved Genevieve and how much he would love nothing more than to make her his wife. It is also no secret that Mr. Endowed is nothing short of a man LovePeddler... Okay, sorry... let me rephrase that statement.... It is also no secret that Mr. Endowed is known internationally to have private shows with groupies, be it in Nigeria or where ever his concerts take him around the world. According to sources, this was the main reason they could never last more than a few months without breaking up. This cycle reportedly went on for a few years before Genevieve finally took herself out of the equation for good.
It seems after all his begging and pleading and public outbursts of romantic declarations aimed at the Queen B, the couple might have reconciled their differences, and are presently giving the whole relationship thing another try. The two A-listers made an appearance a few days ago at the Gulder Ultimate Party in Lagos. Could this be their first public outing as a couple?

Humph, D'banj, my brother... no Bleep up this time again o!!

For more, don't forget to visit my blog: kongossawahala..com

Literature / Re: The Heirarchy Of Things. by 1BOBO1: 1:03am On Nov 01, 2013
-Nattie-

As time passes, I find it gets harder and harder to understand Noella. See, the way ei just take style disappear, as if she's ashamed of being seen with me, or something. We used to be so close, Ella and I. Almost, inseparable. But not anymore. In fact, lately, I get the nagging feeling that she's been making a conscious effort to ignore me., and everything from her scarcity from home, and the the one worded answers she gives for every question seems to only point towards that direction... It couldn't be because of... No. That's absurd. That was such a long time ago, surely, she still isn't holding any grudges, right?

"Nattie, are you okay?" I turn to look at Chioma, pulled out of my trance. She and Rita are starring at me inquiringly. I nod.

"Uh-huh..." It's Rita this time. "So, what do you think?"

"Think about what?" I'm confused.

"Aha! So, you haven't been listening to us, this whole time, after all!" Chioma pushes. She's right. I haven't been listening. Since, Ella's uncomfortable dissapearing-in-the-crowd act about thirty minutes ago, I haven't really been thinking straight, i find my mind dancing somewhere between bobbing my head to the latest coupe-Decale being played by the DJ; listening to Rita and Chiomas random bursts of fashion critiquing of the other party guests... and Ella.

Either way, I try my luck.

"Oh, yeah, I know. That guy really shouldn't pair baggy jeans with a tuxedo jacket and dress shoes. Just doesn't look right." From the look on their faces, I know immediately, that I just flunked the test.

"Darling, we stopped tongue-lashing that guy about five minutes ago, we're now talking about that one doing the Azonto over there." Chioma says, jerking her head towards the present victim of our fashion police. Oh, God! Get this, the girl in question is wearing a bright pink mini dress, black leather knee-high stripper boots, and to top it all off, a brightly bleached blond wig. I throw my head back as my whole body is quickly taken over by gurgling laughter. Leave it to my girls to take me from depressive to hysterics in a matter of seconds.

There's a vibration on the table.

-Rita-

ANGELA.

What now? Every time she calls, I am guaranteed the extinction of all the remaining minutes on my recharge card. It's like she can sense when I have just added minutes, because twenty-four hours cannot pass afterwards without her blowing up my phone. Why don't I just ignore her calls, then? Well, AUNTY Angela is one of my mother’s closest, and nosiest friends. One of those women that makes it her business to know everyone else's wahala, which I'm guessing is how a woman hundreds of miles away in the village is well enough informed that the company I work for has open internships for university students/potential employees every year this month, and as you must have guessed, aunty Angela has a son who fits perfectly into this description... Well, almost. The thing is, Thomas, the son in question, is as smart as a block of cement. Need I say more?

The phone stops ringing.

"Your aunt again?" Chioma says, knowing fully well what the answer to her question is. I nod, nonetheless.

"Just tell the old lady that her son did not qualify for the job. Why are you letting her terrorize you?" Nattie adds. As if on cue, the phone starts buzzing again, this time, I don't even need to look down at it to know who it is... You guessed it, aunty Angela! I snatch the phone from the table, and start hurriedly making my way outside, partly because the music was loud... But, mostly because I fear to imagine what aunty Angela would tell my mother... And seventy-five percent of the village if she so much as suspected that I was at a club, especially considering I'm about to tell her her son does not qualify for the internship. Gossip hath no spreader like an angry African woman.

There's a cool breeze in the evening air. I answer.

"Hello, Ah! Rita! How are you doing?" Aunty Angela saws before I even get the chance to give a HELLO. "I have been trying to call you all evening, but you won't answer, so I said to myself, Angela, leave Rita alone, she must not have left the office at seven o'clock today like she always does all weekends." How in Gods name does this woman know my work schedule?!

She continues: "Rita! Is that music I hear? Are you at a party? At this time? Humph! I hope you have not joined all those useful city girls, jumping around from one party to another, from one man to another..." And so it begins...

-Desmond-

"No, aunty Angela, it's not like that. You know I will help Thomas if I could. He's like my own little brother... No, aunty Angela, that's not how I meant it, I just meant he's like my family not that I don't think he's man enough for the job... No, aunty Angela, I'm not trying to say you don't know what you're talking about... No aunty Angela, I'm not using technique to call you stupid..." And she goes on and on and on. Whoever this aunty Angela is, she's definitely working on my nerves, and I'm not even the one listening to her absurdities. Nevertheless, this mysterious woman keeps talking to her on the phone with so much—respect. Weird.

I had just stepped out for a quick cigar to wash out the stench from that cheap perfume; Nothing like a good Cuban cigar to restore the senses. I don't understand why poor people are so bent on pretending to be something they're not. It's not that I have anything against self-improvement or anything, but, there're ways you can do it without seeming so desperate--like her. This mystery woman; Dressed in a red body-hugging gown, with a simple gold chain against her chest. Nothing too severe, just the right amount of sexy and classy. She holds the cellphone away from her ear, and I hear snippets of the shrieking voice of whoever is on the other end of the cellphone.

"You know you can just hang up right?" I hear myself say, without knowing what had come over me. Mysterious woman jumps backwards, startled. I can feel her eyes as the measure me up, halfway scared, half way intrigued. The way one looks at a snake, not knowing whether I was a threat, or not. After a few seconds of a good look-over, she straightens up and exhales loudly as it dawns on her that I am not a threat.

"Excuse me?... Where you talking to me?" She manages.

"I said 'you know you can just hand up, right?'" I hate repeating myself.

"Have you been listening in on my conversation this whole time?" Looking more intrigued than irritated. I nod.

"You have no right..."

"I don't know if you have properly taken in your surroundings, but you are standing outside a club...If you wanted a conservative conversation, I doubt this is the ideal location. Besides, I was here before you came along, so..."

With the exceptions of the faded sounds of Gyptian's HOLD YOU Playing in the background, and the honks, and chatter of Downtown traffic—and the barely audible shrieking of aunty Angela through her cellphone receiver--the silence between us is intense yet subtle, like the feeling you get biting into a warm croissant after skiing on the Appalachians trails.

She smiles.

"I can't do that. Not if I ever want to visit my parents again."

I stand up and start walking towards her. She steps back. I lift both hands up, as a sign of peace. I take another step, she doesn't move. Another step— then another.

She stands still, as if transfixed by the chilly African evening, until we are just a few steps apart.

I take the phone from her, she attempts a protest, but is silenced by my index finger.

I press the hang up Nottingham on the phone, and give her back her phone.

"There. If I have to listen to that back and forth banter a moment more, I think I'll go crazy." I say, making sure my voice is low enough to be mysterious, but not so much so that I sound like an intimidated schoolboy.

She shakes her head, as she tries fighting the smile that quickly creeps unto her face.

"My name is Desmond Atah-Bate, you can just call me Desmond for short."

I send forth my hand, my palms now air dried from the sweatiness of warmth of the cigar.

"Rita." She says, taking my hand, smiling from ear to ear, as she finally allows herself to stop fighting the pull of my warm hands, and beaconing charm.

As if she ever even stood a chance.

END OF FIRST CHAPTER! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, EH? shocked
Literature / Re: The Heirarchy Of Things. by 1BOBO1: 12:52am On Nov 01, 2013
-Desmond-

It's always a pain attending parties like these; Girls in cheap skirts, acting like they're worth more than they actually are. It's sad really, with the right bank account they actually stand a chance of not looking so ghastly... Oh, well, I guess even God knows some people just aren't worth his blessings.

I push my way through the packed room, hoping to see even one dignified face, amongst the herd, seeing as this party was being thrown by one of the towns golden boys, I was expecting to see some diamond girls. Instead, the rank of cheap silver and fake gold fills the air. Well, what did I expect? The idiot decided to shack up with some village girl, and of course, trash talks to trash and hangs with trash. Hence, the room full of trash. Two more sips from the piss-like bottle of beer, and I've had enough!

I head for the exit door.

"Happy birthday!" The birthday girl, dressed in a fitted African print is surrounded by adoring friends. Not bad. The girl is passable... If you're into that whole "rich kid finds poor girl, and changes her life forever" kind of fairy-tale crap. As I take another sip from my glass, I am suddenly hit by this wave of sweaty armpits so intense that I immediately realize, this couldn't just be a really smelly person. This must be someone's perfume? Jesus, I need to get out of here. Now!

-Noella-

The worst part about not being single is being at events like these, seeing the tremendous potential in the attendees, but knowing you are not free to splurge however you see fit.

"Oh my Goodness, this place is jamming" Nattie exclaims as her head swings back and forth, taking in the grandeur of Elysium. She turns to me with her million dollar smile and says, "thank you for inviting us."

I feign a smile back. See, the thing is, I don't mind her coming along, I just really hate the way she clings to me when we go out. Nattie is one of those women who knows she's beautiful, and is comfortable with it. Why is that a problem? Nothing, exactly. It's just... I need my own space now, you know. I don't need her always drawing the attention to her, and forcing me into the background like she always does. But, things are different now, her age is starting to show, her fingers, her lips, they're all starting to show signs of her thirty years of the pressures that come with being dazzlingly beautiful...

"Now, where's the birthday girl? It's best we give her her present first, before we start gulping down her alcohol." Nattie says as she takes the plastic bag from Chiomas hand and thrusts it towards me. She had insisted we stop by the supermarket to buy Sophie a gift, even with all my protestation. I glare at her, embarrassed not just because no one else seems to be carrying a brand less gift bag, but also because I knew what was IN the gift bag. You want to guess? It was... Teddy bear! A freaking teddy bear for a girl turning 21 years old! I bite my tongue to suppress the shriek that tries to escape my lips because of the thought. I feign another smile as I say, "why don't you guys make yourselves comfortable, while I go look for the birthday girl." I quickly submerge myself into the crowd, before any of them can protest. I look back, and sigh with relief as I realize I have indeed lost them in the crowd. Now, I just need to find my soon-to-be-boyfriend. Oh, Desmond, where are you?
Literature / Re: The Heirarchy Of Things. by 1BOBO1: 12:45am On Nov 01, 2013
-Eli-

Kingsley paces about impatiently in the monumental living room, glancing between his wrist watch and the clock mounted on the wall. I don't get this guy; he's always so fidgeting for no reason. If you didn't know him, and you saw him during one of his episodes, you'd think he had just been told the world was about to end. I slowly begin my climb down, praying he'd be too lost in thought to turn around and spot me. One step at a time, I go, until I'm finally at the bottom. Then, I sneak my way 'til I'm standing right behind him. I place my hand on his shoulder, and the next thing I know, Kingsley is halfway to the door. He turns back abruptly, and comes to an instantaneous halt when he realizes it’s me. Idiot.

I bend over, convulsing with laughter.

"Dammit, Eli! You almost scared the shit out of me!" He fumes, face twisted in resignation.

Wiping away the tears on my face, I manage to catch my breath. "I swear, Eli, you have to grow up! This isn't even funny anymore!" He continues, but with more amazement than anger this time.

"Nope, growing up is overrated." I say, as the last hints of hysteria evaporate from my system. "So, shall we?" I ask as I fix myself up, and start heading for the door. "We have a party to attend, after tall." I can feel Kingsley's eyes glaring through me. It's been close to seven years now, since I first met him in secondary school, he and my elder sister have been together since before then, but with the exception of me, only four others knew of their relationship.

"Geez, Eli, how long does it take you to get dressed? We asked everyone to be there by nine, it's already fifteen minutes past." Poor guy... And I do mean that both figuratively and literarily. Unlike me, Kingsley wasn't born to certain... privileges. He is indeed a self-made man, but despite his success as an up and coming business magnet, he still struggles to fit in with our kind of crowd. Either he's always too early or too underdressed, or too overdressed... He just doesn't get it, and lately, I think it has started to really affect him. Even though Kingsley would never admit it, his loving my sister might just prove to be too much of a risk for someone so safe and practical as he.

"What if we get there and they refuse to let us in? What then" Kingsley grumbles to himself.

"They cannot NOT let us in, King. We rented a section of the club remember? We're VIP, man. VIP never waits in line. You should know that by now." Immediately regret the words as they come out, I bite myself to refrain from making matters worse. Way to go Eli, the guy is already a nervous wreck, why don't you add already mounting guilt to top it all off?!

Kingsley stands silently. I can tell my words stung. How to fix this... Aha! Cars! Pulling my keys out of my pocket, I manually unlock my car, making sure the beeping sound chimes twice.

"King, you know I'm all about humility, but just for this one night, can we take my car?" My car being a 2010 white Porsche Panamera, Kingsley always insists we take his Honda civic on outings, for fear of seeming too pretentious.

"Eli, no!" His declaration is weak, I can tell he is tempted, I push further. "Listen, I'll even let you drive." I dangle the keys before him, and watch as he physically and mentally succumbs.

He reaches over to take the keys, but I quickly pull back.

"No no no, I will drive us to Elysium, you can drive us back, seeing as you won't be drinking. Besides, like you said, we're running late... and you drive like my grandmother."

He glowers, looking more like a scorned pre-teen than a man in his mid-twenties. "Fine!" He says moments later, and hops into the passenger side of the car. I follow. "All those people are waiting. What if some of them already left?"

I sit quietly, pretending to consider the possibility that a bunch of hot single individuals who find themselves in a VIP lounge on a Friday night, in the hottest night club in town would skip out on free booze just because their invitee is absent.

I smile.

"Not a chance." I turn on the engine, making sure to indulge in its soft purr, as it comes to life. The worst that could happen is there are more people in attendance than intended...but, that's always a good thing, right?
Literature / Re: The Heirarchy Of Things. by 1BOBO1: 12:39am On Nov 01, 2013
CHAPTER ONE: THE ART OF BEING AN SAF.

-Rita-

Most people would think the hardest part of being a single, twenty-seven year old SAF (Single African Female) would fall somewhere between parental and societal disapprovals more than anything else, and they would be correct. Unless, they so happen to have friends like mine, then society as a whole has nothing on these loud-mouthed, incessantly irritating pair. I knew something was up when I got the call from Chioma, asking me to drop by for "friday movie night" two hours ago

"Rita! Listen to me, I don't care what you say, every woman needs a man in their life! Haba, abi you want die virgin?" says Nattie, carelessly spewing rice from her mouth right back into the plate. At thirty, it is safe to say that Nattie has had her fair share of whirlwind romances. She was always the wild one, and while most of the men she dates find this to be her greatest asset, (that, and her body. I mean, seriously, the girl is the walking, talking definition of sex appeal...) her unconventional ideologies on marriage usually have them running back to their mamas to find them innocent, uncomplicated village girls to settle down with.

"Nattie, why are we talking about this again? If I knew 'Friday movie night' meant 'let’s grill Rita night' I would have stayed in my apartment o."

"But she has a point," chips in Chioma, "it's been over five months since you and Ade called it quits, it's time to move on."

"Please, help me tell her, Chichi! It's like the girl wants to die a virgin." Chioma shifts uncomfortably in her seat. Very much like her name, Chioma IS the traditional SAF, she believes in the hierarchy of things. First, you get your bachelors, then you find a man with a good salary, you get married, have sex (for the first time), have babies that look like your husband, then die and go to heaven. But, unlike me, Chioma had done the did at the age of fifteen with her secondary school sweetheart who had dumped her literarily four days afterwards. Swearing never to sleep with another man again, Chioma closed her legs and focused on her studies... until she met Ferdinand, barely a month later... And when that ended three weeks later, she swore off men... Again... Story of her life.

"There's nothing wrong with her virginity!" Chioma spits back, then immediately realizing how defensive she had come across, she quickly fills her mouth with rice. I know this might sound selfcentered, but I'm more than certain that Chioma is envious of me. Or, better still, I think it is my virginity she is so envious of. As we sat in silence, Nattie and I holding back our giggles at Chiomas outburst, the front door opens, and in walks in Noella. Twenty-two years old, and strikingly beautiful, Noella, like her sister, Nattie, is a professional husband snatcher. Okay, fine, maybe not professionally, but the girl seems to only be attracted by married men with lots of cheddar and very little cheese.

"Who died?" She says, referring to the awkward silence in the room.

"Not who, what... Chiomas virginity..." Nattie looks at me and winks, as hard as I try, I can't hold back the giggles that follow. Seconds later, we're all laughing like drunken lunatics. Ah! The power of Nattie's rumbustious humor. No matter how bad the situation is, she always knows just what chords to play to bring upon that sense of tranquility.

"How pathetic. Three singles seating at home on a Friday evening, when your mates are out there fishing." Noella says as she hurriedly takes of her heels and dashes for her bedroom. Nattie sucks her teeth in a way only an irritated African woman can. The room is filled with guilt-cladded silence as we all try to pretend Noella hadn't just hit a sore spot. As much as I hate to admit it, the little wench was right. It was pathetic on so many levels, our predicament. You'd think as women in our prime, we would have so much more to do than sit and throw jabs at each other’s love lives... Or lack thereof.

The sound of clicking heels on Egyptian tiles suddenly envelops the room as Noella reemerges. Now dressed in an upper-thigh length, animal print dress, hair pulled up, lips rouged; there was no questioning that something hot was going down tonight.

"Whoside you dey go?" Nattie asks.

"Elysium, the new club that just opened downtown. You know my friend Sophie, right? It's her birthday today, so we're going there to party." Gushes Noella, proudly.

"Good luck getting in. I heard the place is stupid exclusive because of all the celebs that frequent there." Chioma snickers.

"Yeah, and it's supposed to cost a fortune, too." adds Nattie. Apparently, I'm the only one who is yet to hear of this place, Elysuim.

Noella folds her arms defiantly, sticking out here nose as though she were royalty, addressing commoners. "My friend Sophie is dating this bush-faller guy called, Eli, or something, and he's from some very rich family. In fact, he even booked a whole section in the club for the event. Now, THAT is super exclusive!"

"That explains the dress." Nattie tries mumbling to herself, but we all hear her loud and clear.

"What, this old thing?" Noella twirls around, showing off.

"Well, my butt does look good in it doesn't it. Besides, unlike you three, I intend on snatching me a rich man now that I'm at my prime. Wouldn't want to still be trying my luck at twenty-seven." Her eyes dart towards me, she smirks. Wench!

"That's it!" Barks Nattie bouncing off her chair, "Chioma, Rita, I believe we just got a somewhat indirect... but still relevant invite to the hottest club in town, and I'd be damned if I miss it!"
Literature / The Heirarchy Of Things. by 1BOBO1: 12:32am On Nov 01, 2013
Betrayal, Heartbreak, and blackmail are in order for a group of young socialites who must lean on each other as they try to navigate through the pressures of societal demands and the dating scene of a bustling, metropolitan African city.

(Will be posting in fifteen minutes!) grin

You can also read, and check out my profile here:

http://www.wattpad.com/story/9508360-the-hierarchy-of-things

TV/Movies / Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by 1BOBO1: 3:16am On Jul 30, 2013
greatgod2012: Abeg, when the movie is finally out, one copy of the disk should be sent to Sen.Yerima, maybe, just maybe, his sense of reasoning as regards underage marriage will be changed

Unfortunately, I don't think the movie will be teaching that pervert anything new, as I'm sure he's well aware of all the implications that come with sexually molesting children at his age! SICK PERVERT!
TV/Movies / Movie Review: Uche Jombo's False! Kate Henshaw And Kalu Dazzle Me Senseless! by 1BOBO1: 1:51am On Jul 30, 2013
It has been a few years in the making, no not the movie... I'm talking about Uche Jombo's "A-LIST" celebrity status! Despite her being in the industry for over a decade, I honestly never really paid much attention to Mrs. Jombo-Rodriguez until recently when she produced and starred in the silent hit films Damage, and Mrs. Somebody, proving to me, amongst many others that she unlike most of our so-called stars actually cared about the craft, and wasn't just out to get famous, hoping to catch a politician in the process. Apart from opening her own production house, Uche has gone to starred in some of the most refreshing movies that I have seen in Nollywood in years, like Blood and Wine, Holding Hope, Silent Scandal, and most recently False (with my favorite Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw), which just got released on Irokotv+

How will this movie be rated?

It will be divided into five sections:

Cinematography

Storyline

Actors Perfomances

Believability

Extras (Sets, Fashion etc)

Cinematography: 15 out of 20

The visuals were crisp and clear through out the entirety of the film, and so where the transitions and camera angles. unfortunately, I can't say the same for the audio quality which were a little off putting, mainly because everytime they were having phone conversations, I found myself straining to hear what the person on the other line was saying.

Storyline: 18 out of 20

WARNING! WARNING! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! Oh, who cares, you've read this far, might as well continue what you've started. In one word, the storyline was: ORIGINAL! Ha! that is not something we hear everyday concerning a Nollywood production, but honestly, the pyschological thriller kept me on the edge of my seat through out. Not necessarily because I didn't know what the end results might be, but because it was so refreshing to see such a story with Nollywood faces in it. The story was very straight to the point, being only about an hour long, no scenes where wasted (Not even the uncomfortable sex scene between Kalu and Kate Henshaw) from the moment Uche shows up at Kate's house, jovially informing her that she has been having an intimate affair with her husband (Kalu's husband) to the scenes with the waka-pass officer (Who actually was the only flaw in the movie in my opinion.

Actors Perfomances: 20 out of 20

Brilliant! For once, I actually watched a movie with Kate Henshaw in it, and didn't actually find her to the saving grace of the film. Uche Jombo was simply, insanely good! Usually, I would fault her for over-acting (like in the movie Blood or Wine) but in a whole where she's a delusional, sociopathic BITCH... how can I? I mean seriously.... Kalu Ikeagwu was also pretty darn good, despite the fact that I was a little uncomfortable watching him... jerk off and talk dirty on the phone (incase you have not yet gotten the memo, this is a mature film about the risks of cyber sex, so don't watch when your mama is around, unless you want make she ask you to delete your facebook, twitter and instagram accounts! LMFBO!)

BELIEVABILITY:

Very believable, mainly because things like this happen everyday! People beware! However... small tin bother me for the script... why on earth would the police officer not let Kalu's character go when the doctor had obviously already declared her psychologically unstable? Just didn't make any sense to me, and it just took a lot out of the storyline.

EXTRAS: 20 our of 20

I think it was a very well rounded movie, even though many may not agree with me. I was apalled when I scrolled down on irokotv and so people calling the movie RUBBISH, A WASTE OF TIME, and WHERE IS PART TWO... make Amadoira no strike all una mop dem! Goat!! Okay... sorry, had to get that out of the way... but seriously, have Nollywood lovers become so used to mediocrity that when they see a masterpiece they can't recognize it? Chai! The movie was sweet, it had a very valuable lesson AND the performances where top-notch... what more do you want? Not once did I hear a fake accent, or see too much skin (yes, even during the sex scene, they were dressed appropriately) so, what more do people want? Humph... ofcourse, I made sure to let a few of those mediocrity-lovers know my mind joor! Nonsense!

Okay, that would be all, let me know what you think, don't forget to comment, subscribe (add me in your circles) and share. Love, KongossaWahala!

VISIT:http://kongossawahala..com/2013/07/movie-review-uche-jombos-false-kate.html

TV/Movies / Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by 1BOBO1: 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
Orikinla: Good movie. But amateurish acting is quite obvious and poor lighting too.
The DoP is not good enough.
The Art Director is either a novice or missing in action.
The costumier is an amateur. Seems to have worked without the DoP and Art Director.
This screenplay would have been better done by Kunle Afolayan, Tunde Kelani, Tope Oshin-Ogun or Chineze Anyaene.

A good film producer knows that a good director, good Director of Photographer and Art Director are a must have to make a good movie.

Stephanie Okereke Linus should go back to film school and spend more time on film production.
One full year would do and not a crash course.

Actually I have to disagree with you greatly, yes the lighting is a little off, but I think the negative colors are used to accentuate the tone of the film... And did you just say you saw amateurish acting? Oh boy, send me your demo reel make I watch na? Abi you must be a legendary actor like Liz Benson... Mtcheeeww
TV/Movies / Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by 1BOBO1: 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
FrostyZonn: She's cash-strapped and needed some quick payday, nothing else. Hope she wouldn't ruin the movie with bad acting.

You don't sound too bright... No offense.
TV/Movies / Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by 1BOBO1: 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
SammyT95: Please and please how is it to quote someone's post on nairaland it's reli fustrating dat i cn't participate in d forum and it's kinda not fair

Right under the comments? Just click on the "quote icon" that should work.
TV/Movies / Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by 1BOBO1: 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
It's been wayyy too long since she last did a movie, so I trust the script must have been special. Too excited!!
TV/Movies / Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by 1BOBO1: 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
Stephanie Okereke Pro #ChildNotBride With New Movie "Dry".

Seasoned starlet Stephanie Okereke-Linus, and Nollywood icon Liz Benson have collaborated in what is no doubt going to be one of the "must-see" movies of the year. While the synopsis of what the masterpiece titled DRY has not yet been release, from the trailer shared by Mrs. Linus we can assume, the movie focuses on women and the many challenges the have to face in a traditionally African scenario. Even more exciting is the casting of Nollywood legend, Liz Benson! Now an ordained minister, Mrs. Benson confirmed that she was drawn to the script because of its strong message, and applauded co-star and screen-write Mrs. Linus for coming up with the concept. Seeing as Liz Benson has been a rarity in the industry for such a long time, I have no doubt that this movie would be a blockbuster, if it was powerful enough to make her want to return to the scene!

And for the moment you've all been waiting for, ladies and gentleman, I present to you... Okay... sorry... for some reason the blog won't allow me post the trailer so here's the URL to it.. go enjoy ooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyHgJYk7pco

http://kongossawahala..com/2013/07/stephanie-okereke-pro-childnotbride.html

2 Likes

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.