Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,708 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

1ndidi2's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1ndidi2's Profile / 1ndidi2's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 13 pages)

TV/Movies / Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by 1ndidi2(f): 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
smiley

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by 1ndidi2(f): 9:22am On Jul 09, 2013
Turbocharged:

Which network?

grin

Politics / Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by 1ndidi2(f): 9:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
philclem: angry angry angry angryWas there last week,u need to see how bad the road is and yet the houses In this same area are very xpensive angry

Expensive much I tell u! There is a house I know,4storey building, 3bedroom flat, 850 a year!

But if u see d street!! Daaayuum! Abasi o fiouk! U can't take a comfortable catwalk on ur street(which are actually much worse off than d main road)

Majority of d residents are ibos!! Pity.
TV/Movies / Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by 1ndidi2(f): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
wild child:

my coolfm partner.. grin grin grin do you feel those mixes he does on #tableofmen too?

Damn right I do!his mixes,laughter,voice,humility,and he is also fooine I crush on him all d time! He is rilly gewd!
TV/Movies / Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by 1ndidi2(f): 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
9ja4eva:

DJ Vetkuk - Orlando

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_PAhN45SqA

[f l a s h=425,344] <
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_PAhN45SqA> [/f l a s h]

I million kiss kiss kiss! I love u right now and so does my elder Bro(no homo)

I always listen to dj xclusive on coolfm,been dying and searching for this song!! Muaaz,tanks*

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by 1ndidi2(f): 9:23am On Jul 06, 2013
[quote][/quot

NYSC / Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? by 1ndidi2(f): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
piaget+skinner:
YES aND NO!!!yes, bekos after 11months of compulsory servic.. Thers no assurance that thers a ready job 4 one...and No becos, thos who are wise enough, save during the course of their servic year..and eventually set up businesses atleast not to stay hungry.that period might b their only opportunity#my opinion though!

Wise enough to save ke?? Bros abeg!
How can somebody who isn't getting money from anyother source save on 19,800 plus even d meagre money d state. Manages to give u!

It aint that easy bro! I remember some corpmembers back then took loans from our LGi, what, With feeding,paying bills,transport,,rent,travelling,nysc pay this pay that,CDs this and that!!! Saving is almost impossible.
Celebrities / Re: Kerry Washington Weds Nnamdi Asomugha by 1ndidi2(f): 9:37am On Jul 04, 2013
kissawon omo Igbo ati awon omo washington

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Nigerian Man, John Olumba Running For Detroit Mayor by 1ndidi2(f): 11:02pm On Jun 26, 2013
kissnwannem nwoke
Ka Chukwu duo gi
Politics / Re: Soldiers Flood Anambra Over Massob's Sit-at-home Order by 1ndidi2(f): 6:40am On Jun 08, 2013
I am in hometown in imo state and right now d sit at home is on!!

I hope I can move from my room to the kitchen?

Anyway,legs are not moving sha!but I just heard d sound of a bike!

Me, ayam not going anywhere biko! I love my life :-x

And what about ppl that have weddings,burial etc today? Na wa.
Romance / Re: Girls, What Part Of A Men's Body Attract You? by 1ndidi2(f): 11:44pm On May 09, 2013
kissSlight bow legs
Phones / Re: Best Blackberry Data Plan In Nigeria: Which Network? by 1ndidi2(f): 8:56am On May 08, 2013
Before u subscribe,I Just heard on the radio this morning on one of the dailies that, BB may face a ban soon in nigeria!! Didn't get d reason tho!

So what will happen to about 3million users
Properties / Re: In Need Of Advice! by 1ndidi2(f): 10:47am On May 05, 2013
fittty: ^^ IF the landlord isn't ready to renovate then why on earth are they still living in the death trap?

everyone in that building! I do not understand. That's why my friend and I are hoping to. Get someone's attention
Properties / In Need Of Advice! by 1ndidi2(f): 9:44am On May 05, 2013
Good. Day everyone!
My close friend's house is in an appalling condition! There are cracks on d walls,pillars,ceilings, some parts of d house has been Falling, there are exposed pillars and ceilings showing d rusted rods,fence is broken, so many things.

They live in fear, an incident even happned today, d thing is her dad has refused to move out saying no money to start somwhere else, so they are Waiting for d landlord to renovate.

Is there a body that such Houses Can be reported to,cos d landlord has refused 2do anything @all!! Maybe if an official is involved her father maybe forced to move out with his family!

What can we do?
Fashion / Re: Hilarious Picture OF Fashion Models Falling On The Runway by 1ndidi2(f): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
sauer:

Lwkmd cheesy
Celebrities / Re: I Have Got 99 Problems & Now Jay- Z Is One-President Obama by 1ndidi2(f): 3:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
shocked Bey is looking like a white lady

2 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Picture Of Tiwa Savage Spotted With Banky W by 1ndidi2(f): 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2013
Nice pic! Did u take the pic urself?
Celebrities / Re: Wunmi Obe Reacts To Stella Damasus's New Marriage by 1ndidi2(f): 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
undecidedWunmi obe not obi

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: Deported From Saudi-Arabia For Being Too Handsome by 1ndidi2(f): 10:06am On Apr 25, 2013
kiss

Health / Re: Japanese Doctor Says: by 1ndidi2(f): 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
The last Q and A,the question is:is swimming good for my shape? And the doc. Answered: if swimming good then xplain "whale"(u know how big the whale is with no shape really)and of course it swims right? cheesy
Health / Re: Japanese Doctor Says: by 1ndidi2(f): 9:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
Caracta: The last part is sooo funny. Lol. Thanks for sharing...but i didn't understand the Q and A part. Too many errors.

The thing is the japanese doctor can't speak good english! So it was written the way a local japanese man would speak! Just like our own pidgin!!
Health / Japanese Doctor Says: by 1ndidi2(f): 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
Just wanna share this writup:
THIS IS THE SECRET TO LONG LIFE

I Love this Japanese Doctor!
Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Fruit very good. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Grain good too. Bottom up!

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!
Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?
Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!
Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.
Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!
Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.
And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"
AND......
For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

1 Like

Education / Re: UNN Graduate Makes Groundbreaking Invention by 1ndidi2(f): 10:19am On Apr 24, 2013
bigfrancis21: Its honorary to note that Chidubem once was an active member of this forum, from 2010 and 2011. His moniker is cezeozue and he was active on the 'Preparing for the GRE' thread.

It is really inspiring to read his story. For those that are not familiar with him, I'll quickly go on to summarise his story for you.
1) He attended the University of Nigeria Nsukka where he read Electrical Engineering (my same course and school). I knew him back then in school - I was in my first year then in 2008 and he was in his final year.
2) He graduated that same year with a 4.83 CGPA. He then took the GRE exam, DICED it like some easy piece of cake and scored 800 in Quantitative, 730 in Verbal (170Q & 168V - perfect scores!).
3) In 2009 he initially applied to MIT, Cambridge and Oxford and got rejections from all 3 three universities. However, he remained undaunted. The following year he applied to 8 universities this time: MIT, Stanford, Princeton, Harvard, Caltech, UPenn, Penn State, Johns Hopkins, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison and Columbia (with mixes of M.Sc and Phd). Not only that he applied to universities but he applied to the best US engineering universities.
4) Then the rejections started coming in again despite his pristine profile cry - 6 of the universities all rejected him for admission. Stanford accepted him for admission but offered him Masters instead of the PhD he applied for and, with no funding. He seriously needed admission + funding and intently looked on to it. MIT was his only hope left. And as God would have it, MIT, of all schools, gave him admission plus the much sought-after funding he all along wanted! His joys knew no bounds. At this point he wrote to Stanford rejecting their offer shocked and afterwards he travelled out in 2011 to study.

Very inspiring story indeed.

It is also worthy to note that many years before now, another EE graduate from UNN broke records when he got accepted into the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (The 3rd best US ECE school) to pursue his masters + funding. Before him no other Nigerian had been accepted into the ECE department of UIUC and few years after him one other Nigerian from another university followed suit. Nigerians making Nigeria proud.

EE boys and girls too,are always interesting! Glad I'm a lioness.

1 Like

Health / Re: Scar Remover Pls? by 1ndidi2(f): 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
trekkie: you are welcome and sorry about the accident. sad
:Dthanks dear,hopefully ill show u a before. And after pic of the leg!!
Politics / Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by 1ndidi2(f): 11:11am On Apr 23, 2013
Gbamest cheesy
Health / Re: Scar Remover Pls? by 1ndidi2(f): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2013
trekkie: @1ndidi
use the oil (lightly, you don't want to block the pores of your skin)while it is still healing and you may not need the lemon anymore; and yes the lemon is for after the wound has healed and scar tissue forms.

PS
please make sure you buy good quality olive or coconut oil and not "goya" or whatever passes for olive oil;so you'll get the desired result.

cheers smiley

Oh thanks much! Ill do that.
Fashion / Re: Have U Noticed Dis? by 1ndidi2(f): 9:59am On Apr 23, 2013
tpia@:
^ i thought you were asked to use honey on the other thread.

Is there a cogent reason why you cannot carry yourself to a health professional if indeed you have a wound?

why are you insisting on getting info or posting the fact on nl?

i assume you're the same person who posted this in health section earlier.

are you unable to be seen by a health worker?

Yes I am! Wot do u mean by"if indeed I had an accident" r u always this doubtful? Y would I lie about such? I opened the thread immediately I had d accident! Then I Remembered I saw something about scar removal on the fashion Thread.

Its a minor bruise and has been treated and I'm more concerned about the cosmetological aspect hence I took it to the fashion thread. Also I have already thanked sholly for the advice and I. Will do what she suggested.

So,thanks for the concern I won't disturb u no more.
Fashion / Re: Have U Noticed Dis? by 1ndidi2(f): 4:50am On Apr 23, 2013
Shollypopz:

I'm not sure how deep your injury is but I'm assuming if you didn't go to the doctor, it was more like a bruise or a minor cut.
If I'm right, clean injury thoroughly with cold water and Lil bit of soap. Do not use hydrogen peroxide, (spirit) Rub Vaseline on it and cover with plaster.

It takes our skin x days to heal and rejuvenate. I think it's 28
20days<x<30days

You said you got this injury from a bike, so I'm assuming this injury was sustained in an area of your legs. Frankly, you are more than likely going to end up with a little scar because that area of skin is going to be under tension and pull from walking. Try not to go running and try not to stress the affected area too much.

Try to keep that area of your body protected from sun.
Also, get silicon gel sheets or just the gel from a pharmacist and apply on your wound daily before covering with plaster.

Do not peel your scab.

When you finally take off plaster, apply sunscreen SPF 40+ daily, in fact have the tube with you everywhere you go.

If you still have a scar and your wound has completely healed, apply fade creams twice a day. Types of fade creams I recommend : ambi fade cream, nadinola fade cream, Palmers skin success fade cream.

Thanks a bunch dear! Yea its a minor cut, ill try out all u said, preciate.
Health / Re: Scar Remover Pls? by 1ndidi2(f): 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
trekkie: oops! misread your post. to avoid or reduce a scar use olive oil 'cos it's rich in vit e which is good for the skin. (unless it does not agree with your skin, cos anything vit. e darkens the skin of some folks) in which case lemon (not lime) is a better alternative. but one key point is to keep the spot supple with oil cos dry unkempt wounded skin can leave ugly scarring behind. good luck smiley

Thanks! That means I should wait till after it heals before applying d lemon?
Health / Re: Scar Remover Pls? by 1ndidi2(f): 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
tpia@:
why not get it checked at the hospital if its anything serious.

since you dont know if it will scarify, then just wait, and if it does, i guess you'll have to tone or something?

From the looks of it,It will! I just wanna Know in advance to give Me some hope.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Canada Foils 'major Terrorist Attack' by 1ndidi2(f): 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
@op, its intelligence not intelligent.

The. canadian and American police authorities have been watching those two guys since august last year!!!

Hmm!we sure have a looooooong way 2go

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 13 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.