Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,531 members, 7,801,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

1ofall's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1ofall's Profile / 1ofall's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Culture / Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by 1ofall(f): 12:38am On Nov 14, 2008
Isoko wado!
Iniovo wado!!
Ishie-gware!!!

Ewhe rhotor! (Kola don land oh!)
Owho no r'ewhe ze, oyeh re h'uzuozo ze. (He who brings kola brings life)
Ma re sie uzuazor?? (do we refuse life?)

Me te re 500naira no ro mo bo "support" ewhe na. ( I 'm supporting the kola with the 500naira in my hands)
Wado!!

(Kola does not stay alone on the plate, it must be supported before being shared.)
Webmasters / Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by 1ofall(f): 6:08pm On Oct 17, 2007
@nduaj, are you taking the mick? The colours black and white make it masculine? Ever heard of chanel
or the phrase, "little black dress"
Webmasters / Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by 1ofall(f): 10:28am On Oct 17, 2007
Nice site, love the simplicity.
Seriously though,how condescending can you get Tundewoods?!Is it that you think these are too complex issues to be handled by women?
If you want to commend the designer do so, but please don't be patronizing.
Fashion / Re: Lipstick Brands by 1ofall(f): 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2007
Health / Re: An Innocent Life Wasted By Negligence Of Eko Hospital by 1ofall(f): 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2007
Webjunior, I'm so sorry for your loss. May God comfort you and your family.
Not a medical professional but if they were negligent as you believe then, they should be held accountable.
One of the reasons this does not happen in the western world is that the hospitals know they might be slapped with a lawsuit,
Maybe it is time Nigerian hospitals and doctors became accountable as such, when I hear of doctors in such cases, I wonder whatever happened
to "do no harm??!!"
Again, I am sorry for your loss.
Webmasters / Re: Tired Of Websites That Ask You To Register Prior To Entering Their Site? by 1ofall(f): 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2007
This is one of my pet hates on sites that sell stuff.
I HATE websites that force you to register to buy stuff, infact unless I really have no option, if you don't have a "just pay" option I will go elsewhere.
Webmasters / Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by 1ofall(f): 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2007
istock also have some, again the keyword thing.
What about subtle modifications to the pic to make it unique? Otherwise as long as it's from an online library , someone is bound to recognize it sometime!
Properties / Re: Renting In Ibadan by 1ofall(f): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2007
Thanks Guys,
Haven spent last week in Ibadan, I've reckoned the better option would be commuting from Lagos as required.
Thanks again for your suggestions.
Properties / Re: Renting In Ibadan by 1ofall(f): 11:00am On Jun 29, 2007
Hi, I am looking for a one or two bed apartment, What are the details of what you have? I am looking for something near the teaching hospital or within easy access of it.
Thanks.
Properties / Renting In Ibadan by 1ofall(f): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2007
Does anyone have or know of apartment/flats to rent in Ibadan? Or know of any estate agents that cover Ibadan?
Art, Graphics & Video / Re: Help With Flash 8 by 1ofall(f): 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2007
I hope I got your question right,
Have you tried copying and pasting?I mean copy the frames of  "doc-X.fla" into "doc-Y.fla", it will carryover its layers and all ,
Mind, you'll have to do some editing afterwards,
HTH
Software/Programmer Market / Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by 1ofall(f): 12:47am On Mar 28, 2007
Hi, I am not sure which school management you are looking for-Learning management, student record management or accounting, (if I missed it, sorry) Anyhow, If you are still looking, check out moodle for course management. It's opensource so you can get someone to tweak it for you if it doesn't suit out of the box. It doesn't handle financials though, You also have Atutor-another opensource though not as popular as moodle.
For student record management, the two I know of are banner, peoplesoft-these will handle registeration, and student info but not accounts as far as I know, and as for accounting, sorry, no idea.
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 1ofall(f): 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2006
Sortedsmiley after 2 more trials one of which corrupted or deleted my ntldr
anyway, it's done now.
Many thanks.
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 1ofall(f): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2006
Thanks adewaleafolabi, thanks for the offer, but i already have two cds of ubuntu,
my problem is that it just won't go past 55% when it installs.I have about 40gig which I reckon should be plenty.
I 'm thinking of trying another distro but ubuntu appealed cos I didn't have to mess with looking for drivers and all that, even for my network connections.
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 1ofall(f): 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2006
Hi all,
Mimoh_mi, I successfully installed ubuntu on my laptop and it worked fine, however, when I tried to install windows on another partition, it only saw the partitions with linux.
Anyway, I reinstalled windows and then went to install ubuntu(Iam using edgy) but it hangs at 55% and won't go any further, any ideas?? I've used the options of letting it install on the largest empty space, and manually configuring the partitions,

ps: I 've downloaded ubuntu 2ice so far as someone had suggested it might be a problem with the image I got, even though it installed fine when it was by itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Career / Re: Why Nigerians Don't Get Jobs When They Apply by 1ofall(f): 11:34am On Nov 15, 2006
Orikinla:

I agree with you. But your posts read like what secondary school pupils would have written.

English grammar is more than writing a sentence.

Maybe Orikinla, but what's your suggestion?I think the OP meant this to be helpful criticism?And you really shouldn't be throwing stones,
Moi, I like the use of "reconcile" and will be borrowing it at some point wink
Career / Re: Why Nigerians Don't Get Jobs When They Apply by 1ofall(f): 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2006
Just to add,
The big words is certainly a huge NO-NO, also grammatical errors (use your spellcheck!!)
However, I'don't even get as far as looking at the cv if the cover letter does not catch me, Use your cover letter as an intro to whet the recruiters appetite, ie, tell her in a few lines, why your cv would be of any interest. I expect to see:
where you saw the job advertised or how you heard of it(mention the specific role, I may have advertised 10!)
Summarize your qualifications in 1 or 2 lines, if they don't exactly match what I want, tell me why I should still consider you. Do same for experiences, summarize/distill whats in your cv-could be just mentioning the roles you worked in and tell me how they relate to my requirements. All in all, your cover letter should not be more than about 400-500 words(It is an intro)
You don't even need to have a brand new cv for every role applied for but at the least, tweak it to reflect the requirements, emphasize the bits or your experience that reflect these,
HTH
Business / Re: Soap-making Business In Nigeria by 1ofall(f): 9:48am On Oct 12, 2006
Hi Babyjay,
I make and sell soap as a side gig. I specialize in soap for drier skin types and sensitive skins. I 've been doing this for about 2and half years now.
You can build a successful business doing it from home, you don't need any major investment in equipment,
In europe you have to have certification for your products and so it is important to do your research, I don't know if this is also the case in Nig, but even if not, you want to be careful that what you're selling is safe.
Luckily for you, raw materials/ingredients are at your disposal in Nig so you 'll have one major hurdle crossed.
As eol has suggested, research reseach and some more before you put your soap on the market. The soapdish forum is an excellent resource but be sure to use the search feature before posting queries else you could get flamed! wink

1 Like

Computers / Re: I Am Bored: What Else Is There To Do On The Internet? by 1ofall(f): 11:55pm On Jun 27, 2006
Fashion / Re: After M.a.c Make Up What Else? by 1ofall(f): 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2006
Another range that suits darker skin really nicely is the becca range, I used iman until my local counter closed, and then I found becca. Prescriptives is also good as they can mix blends specifically to suit your skin.
For lipsticks I tend to stick with mac and nars,
Health / Re: Hereditary Diseases And Marriage by 1ofall(f): 11:00am On Jun 27, 2006
Asthma is hereditory as are many others even more serious and debilitating, cystic fibrosis
Adoption or insemination might not be wide spread in Nigeria(I wouldn't say they are in Europe either or America, just that people are more open about them), but they are options, just not advertised by those using them, and I assure you it isn't an easy decision by those who decide to go down that route.
What about the conditions whereby a pairing is not needed, should you stay away from say someone whose family has a history of , say asthma for eg , (or substitute your own e.g) because you don't want to have asthmatic kids?
All I'm saying is , you can't change your genetic makeup, so don't limit your options to only one-coupling with someone who is perfect(as far as you can see/detect)
Health / Re: Hereditary Diseases And Marriage by 1ofall(f): 3:04pm On Jun 26, 2006
I think it is often easier to discuss these matters objectively when you are not a concerned party. Truth is, until you wear the shoe, you will NEVER understand just how it pinches. , I mean the shoe as in either be a carrier of such a condition or the parent of the child born with the condition.
All I can say here is what I might do in this situation…knowing myself , I will not want to risk having a child with this condition…I’ve never been much of a gambler. If the relationship has gone so far as to be discussing marriage, then we would have to explore our options and adoption would be my first choice….as I don’t think I’d want to leave “Mr. Right” it's hard enough to meet him! …what if I did and down the road I met “Mr. I go manage am” and we found I was incapable of having kids? Or that we had and the child had some other inherited condition previously undetected? Story go come get Y-leg,

1 Like

Art, Graphics & Video / Re: Photography Lovers In The House by 1ofall(f): 8:51am On Jun 23, 2006
Nice work guys, my favourite so far are loneman and sister, keep 'em coming smiley wink
Fashion / Re: Cornrows (Hair Braiding) In Nigeria by 1ofall(f): 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2006
Who was it that said -what is in a person's head is more important than what is on it(or not as the case may be!)
most hairstyles mean different things in different cultures, and nothing in some, so what's the fuss??
Shebi rasta/dreadlocks denote madness in some places? and in some cultures it is related to tradional worship, nothing to do with christianity.
As for the homosexualism and homophobia that is engulfing Nigeria, well, we no sabi where dey pain us na im make us dey pursue smoke!
Family / Re: Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? by 1ofall(f): 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2006
It would seem most people on this thread are not quite getting the question, you aren't paying the kids for the chores as in , for doing their share in the house, the OP is asking about things for which you would pay other people,  (If I am wrong, correct me!)
My mum had a small business when I was in school, during the hols, when I ran errands for her to do with her business, during holidays, her assistant was usually home with her own kids so there was a vacancy,  I was soooo proud of the fact that I had "earned" that money!
How else are your children supposed to learn about "money" if you don't teach them

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.