Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:24 AM

Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" (38005 Views)

What Misconception Does People Have On You? / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? / Nigerian Girls In The U.S. Are Lonely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Neyoyo(m): 6:54am On Nov 30, 2014
Either asking out or taking out, people have their motives in their minds (may be impure or platonic). And unless the motives are revealed(should be),guess work will be the order of the day. One should just come out plainly with one's intentions. Saves everbody's time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Brandomg: 6:54am On Nov 30, 2014
Evina:
Actually, it is the other way round.

When a girl is friendly with a guy, he begins to have the erroneous idea that she is an easy lay.
Easy or not when a guy lays a girl, she stays laid!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by diara21(m): 6:58am On Nov 30, 2014
iceberylin:
When will our Girls have sense undecided
I tire o
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by adepiero: 7:01am On Nov 30, 2014
evegran:
Always gets on my nerves when things like this are generalized. Can't you simply say "some"?
Is that word missing in your vocabs OP? Smh for your mentality!

I sincerely can't totally blame you sha, its apparent some bush girls are making your head swell. KMT!
Can't you make a statement without resolving to insults? smh for your mentality.

I wouldn't blame you either, its the carpenters hammering you that is knocking out your senses undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Ghyft(f): 7:05am On Nov 30, 2014
magabounce:
Buh fr real, av had experiences whr av tried tu be jst friends wif ladies... Buh they wanted the "something extra" In my opinion, itz a two way thing
I guess the topic should be 'NIGERIANS and their misconception of "ask me out"
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:
Can't you make a statement without resolving to insults? smh for your mentality.

I wouldn't blame you either, its the carpenters hammering you that is knocking out your senses undecided

Aww that's an attempt to hurt my feelings? You're not even close!

Wait, you're one of em unemployed faceless cocks on NL? Aww I sense rejection all over you.

Get a job okay?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by AJ01(m): 7:10am On Nov 30, 2014
Evina:

When a girl is friendly with a guy, he begins to have the erroneous idea that she is an easy lay.
every thread I visit I must see u..kilode undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by adepiero: 7:11am On Nov 30, 2014
evegran:

Aww that's an attempt to hurt my feelings? You're not even close!

Wait, you're one of em unemployed faceless cocks on NL? Aww I sense rejection all over you.

Get a job okay?
Think again pvssy. if your looking for jobless guys here check "Jobs & vacancy section" tongue

I guess you care about your stomach more than your brain and it shows greatly in your comment. undecided

get a degree! and I don't mean "B.Sc. Prostitution"

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:
Think again pvssy. if your looking for jobless guys here check "Jobs & vacancy section" tongue

I guess you care about your stomach more than your brain and it shows greatly in your comment. undecided

I actually thought you had a brain, clearly you don't.
It Is rather dirty water and sand that has filled your head, thus your assumptions and flimsy conclusions.
Do I blame you? Nah. I actually don't. I feel sorry for you, heck I feel sorry for any beings that come in contact with you.

Retardation is the only thing you inherited from your ancestors, so I'd completely understand if suicide is committed tomorrow and you're mentioned. smiley

You're not even worth my attention, in the mood to reply all mentions-however you're blocked! *catwalks away* smiley
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Classicalmusic: 7:25am On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:
Nigerian girls and misconception of the phrase "ask me out!" angry

Often times I've come across scenarios where a guy talks to a lady in a friendly manner only for the girl to tell her girlfriends that he is trying to ask her out! shocked

My ideology of asking a lady out is that first you invite her on a date or multiple dates and during one of such dates you let out your intention but in Nigeria, reverse seems to be the case. once you strike up a convo, she believes you've already started to ask her out undecided

Is this a Nigerian mentality or a misinterpretation of the word "ask me out" feel free to air your opinion smiley
Both.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:

My ideology of asking a lady out is that first you invite her on a date or multiple dates and during one of such dates you let out your intention

Uhmm... Bro, don't get it twisted!

Asking a girl out is more like asking her for a date!
Your ideology about what girls feel when you have a convo with her isn't really factual.

When you converse with a girl nicely and you tend to display good moves...you give her no option than to feel you'll do the needful...as to asking her for a date..or asking her out!

Mostly, asking a girl out could be done even on ur first date...if the feelings are mutual.

So asking a girl out and asking a girl for a date are intertwine in all cases! Hope u mark my points!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Classicalmusic: 7:29am On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:

lol
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by kuuljay(m): 7:30am On Nov 30, 2014
Christmas don near I no dey ask any girl out,i no fit shout abeg,even the once wey been dey form don dey flash me
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Mztonya: 7:31am On Nov 30, 2014
it's a misconception in Nigeria and it might take a long time to correct it so chillax
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ejikeme(m): 7:31am On Nov 30, 2014
ellechrystal:

Including ur sisters n cousins? Please u guys shouldn't generalise it. Ask out ko. No b date una dey go? Shuo..
Even guys use d phrase very well o. No b only chicks Abeg make una calm down..mtchewww

Easy love. Everybody is entitled to their word. i know he shouldn't have generalised his word, but calling names won't calm you.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Ilovenigeria(f): 7:36am On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:
Nigerian girls and misconception of the phrase "ask me out!" angry

Often times I've come across scenarios where a guy talks to a lady in a friendly manner only for the girl to tell her girlfriends that he is trying to ask her out! shocked

My ideology of asking a lady out is that first you invite her on a date or multiple dates and during one of such dates you let out your intention but in Nigeria, reverse seems to be the case. once you strike up a convo, she believes you've already started to ask her out undecided

Is this a Nigerian mentality or a misinterpretation of the word "ask me out" feel free to air your opinion smiley
Op stop jooor.

Shey when one lady like that got raped on her first time visiting a guy's house people blamed her. Some said she suppose know that once you visit a man house...na fvck be that oooo.

Stop blaming Nigerian girls, our guys are not trying at all. Follow him out to eat icecream...oooooboy you must surely payback with you punanny.

If you keep quiet for them to do normal wooing they will complain you have brother/friendzone them.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ellechrystal(f): 7:37am On Nov 30, 2014
ejikeme:

Easy love. Everybody is entitled to their word. i know he shouldn't have generalised his word, but calling names won't calm you.
It calmed me well well tongue
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 30, 2014
UjSizzle:

There is no such thing as the 'greenlight'. It's simply a mental construct.
You must already have nursed some intentions, no matter how subliminal, to even begin interpreting her actions and mannerism as a 'come get me' sign. Otherwise you'd simply regard her behaviour as normal as you would anyone's else.
There's no such thing as greenlight? U and I knw that's not true. Its nt just a mental construct. It is a deliberate action(s) put forth to giving the other party an idea of "I want u" Most times, we don't even get to notice it at d early stage cos we see it as just been friendly. And most of d times, we have no intentions at all for d "greenlighter(new English grin)" That's an explanation to why we only notice it when extreme actions r taken

Evegran
Take it easy on d op abeg cheesy
Though its true nt every lady thinks dt way but the ratio of dox dt have dt mentality is on d higher side. True or false? wink
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ellechrystal(f): 7:40am On Nov 30, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Op stop jooor.

Shey when one lady like that got raped on her first time visiting a guy's house people blamed her. Some said she suppose know that once you visit a man house...na fvck be that oooo.

Stop blaming Nigerian girls, our guys are not trying at all. Follow him out to eat icecream...oooooboy you must surely payback with you punanny.u

If you keep quiet for them to do normal wooing they will complain you have brother/friendzone them.

No mind them. Na wetin them sabi... common 4 naija guy to dash u 5 k, them go dey look ur chest n d front of ur Jean even right B4 u... I tire 4 them o
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ellechrystal(f): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:

Lmao...una sabi type things o.. which one b this one na? I tire ooo
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Ilovenigeria(f): 7:46am On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:

My ideology of asking a lady out is that first you invite her on a date or multiple dates and during one of such dates you let out your intention smiley

Nooooooo.
In Nigeria if the girl refuses, the guy will will feel she wasted his time and money. He will then look for a way to make her pay back the money he used in taking her out on a date.

Some naija guys mentality no be here ooo.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Ilovenigeria(f): 7:48am On Nov 30, 2014
ellechrystal:

No mind them. Na wetin them sabi... common 4 naija guy to dash u 5 k, them go dey look ur chest n d front of ur Jean even right B4 u... I tire 4 them o
I swear ooooo.
Even when you visit them on your period, They will ask you why didn't you tell them before coming for the date msteew.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Classicalmusic: 7:53am On Nov 30, 2014
foxxynik:

Uhmm... Bro, don't get it twisted!

Asking a girl out is more like asking her for a date!
Your ideology about what girls feel when you have a convo with her isn't really factual.

When you converse with a girl nicely and you tend to display good moves...you give her no option than to feel you'll do the needful...as to asking her for a date..or asking her out!

Mostly, asking a girl out could be done even on ur first date...if the feelings are mutual.

So asking a girl out and asking a girl for a date are intertwine in all cases! Hope u mark my points!
Don't agree with everything women say just to agree with her. Women like strong men who express their own opinions strongly. If you fundamentally feel good about yourself it doesn't matter what comes out of your mouth. Sounding like a wuss is not the way to go about things.

I could ask a girl out without thinking about love but only to see if she's cool or not. Why? Because I'm very picky on whom I talk to on phone. Women are just like a packet of cigarette.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ejikeme(m): 7:53am On Nov 30, 2014
ellechrystal:

It calmed me well well tongue

for real? never knew calling names do calm people. will try it someday. but if my eyes turns puffy after it, I will hold you responsible.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 30, 2014
AgapeCharis:
There's no such thing as greenlight? U and I knw that's not true. Its nt just a mental construct. It is a deliberate action(s) put forth to giving the other party an idea of "I want u" Most times, we don't even get to notice it at d early stage cos we see it as just been friendly. And most of d times, we have no intentions at all for d "greenlighter(new English grin)" That's an explanation to why we only notice it when extreme actions r taken

Evegran
Take it easy on d op abeg cheesy
Though its true nt every lady thinks dt way but the ratio of dox dt have dt mentality is on d higher side. True or false? wink

Slightly true. smiley
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by damocheezy(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2014
English language is not our mother tongue, we should endeavour to teach ourselves. 'ask out' literally means to persuade someone to be you boyfriend/girlfriend, however whites prefer doing that on a date (reason behind this is still unknown) but over the years people made 'ask out' to be the date(event) and not the reason behind the date(which is to woo) which has resulted to the wrong impression. The ladies are right about their definition.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ellechrystal(f): 8:02am On Nov 30, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

I swear ooooo.
Even when you visit them on your period, They will ask you why didn't you tell them before coming for the date msteew.

Gbam... that one dey vex me ehhh..
Those ones need brain repair..something Don fall off d brain B4.
D moment they notice sey u b fine girl, d next thing on their mind is Bleep.
I tire
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by magabounce(m): 8:04am On Nov 30, 2014
Ghyft:
I guess the topic should be 'NIGERIANS and their misconception of "ask me out"
I guess so
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ellechrystal(f): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2014
ejikeme:

for real? never knew calling names do calm people. will try it someday. but if my eyes turns puffy after it, I will hold you responsible.

No b only ur eyes fit turn puffy, ur teeth fit loss o.
Ha! Or u wound sef..
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Spidermon: 8:06am On Nov 30, 2014
nickz:
ouch!!!.....you are evilgrin

Heeeheheehee
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by magabounce(m): 8:06am On Nov 30, 2014
ellechrystal:

Gbam... that one dey vex me ehhh..
Those ones need brain repair..something Don fall off d brain B4.
D moment they notice sey u b fine girl, d next thing on their mind is Bleep.
I tire
Lmao.. Buh y u go visit guy wen u de on Wuh happnd tu d plenti dayz off??
P/s. Ellechrystal.. wld u 'go awt' wf me?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Mavor: 8:11am On Nov 30, 2014
Evina:

You sound razz!!! What planet are you on? You 9ja girls think way too highly of yourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Is Going On With Ladies ? / Most Annoying Things Women Do / 7 Signs Your Girlfriend Is Taking Advantage Of You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.