Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" (37455 Views)

What Misconception Does People Have On You? / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? / Nigerian Girls In The U.S. Are Lonely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ejikeme(m): 8:17am On Nov 30, 2014
ellechrystal:

No b only ur eyes fit turn puffy, ur teeth fit loss o.
Ha! Or u wound sef..

na wa oooo.... this gurl's heart na stone.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by silvernus0: 8:18am On Nov 30, 2014
The tin is men are naturally free associative species but for women it not.For dem its based on the society ,in some places dey are .Guess its more worst hear. Been to uk,Ghana nd Ivrcost so knw wat i mean.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Natasha2(f): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:
See me see blackmail shocked

BTW, sweet dreams wink

thanks smiley

Thinkr:
its a long story. Have a nice sunday. Bye

okay, you too.

jomoh:

Its the intention that gives the meaning the. Generally if I ask you out does not mean I want to date you. It could mean I want to try you out to see if we can be compatible and it could mean I just want a female companiout to hang out with and chat. While on the outing, I might get interested in you (if I wasn't before) and convert it to a date and my intention might be a date from the outset which I won't tell you so you don't get to object.

The whole idea is just to get the woman unawares, leaving no room for preparation thereby making the date look natural.

BTW on ur profile pic which one is u? The cutie in front or the beauti at the back? grin grin

hmm alright, I don tire for this stuf already grin let everyone stick to what they think.

BTW I guess its obvious, I mean my dp.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ellechrystal(f): 8:24am On Nov 30, 2014
ejikeme:

na wa oooo.... this gurl's heart na stone.
Lol. No b stone o.. na gell dey my heart. very soft
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ChurchillStorm: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2014
Evina:

You know I'm right wink
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ChurchillStorm: 8:26am On Nov 30, 2014
Evina:

You know I'm right wink

you are quite the MILF oh
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ellechrystal(f): 8:27am On Nov 30, 2014
magabounce:
Lmao.. Buh y u go visit guy wen u de on Wuh happnd tu d plenti dayz off??
P/s. Ellechrystal.. wld u 'go awt' wf me?

Ha! On n off days no b days? U visit any tym ur free o.. I no dey notice all those stuffs. Omo as I hear rape stories I calm down o. I no dey visit anyhow again o.
Abeg B4 trusted male friend go dis virgin me.. I no dey there o
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by adepiero: 8:29am On Nov 30, 2014
evegran:

I actually thought you had a brain, clearly you don't.
It Is rather dirty water and sand that has filled your head, thus your assumptions and flimsy conclusions.
Do I blame you? Nah. I actually don't. I feel sorry for you, heck I feel sorry for any beings that come in contact with you.

Retardation is the only thing you inherited from your ancestors, so I'd completely understand if suicide is committed tomorrow and you're mentioned. smiley

You're not even worth my attention, in the mood to reply all mentions-however you're blocked! *catwalks away* smiley
Get your broke arse a job! and quit being a slut, it should help keep ur brain active.

I guess how you knew my brain was filled with sand and water is because you've been hammered countless times by bricklayers grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Natasha2(f): 8:34am On Nov 30, 2014
emmyrichie:

I noticed you re the type that don't take simple corrections... And it is very bad for you relationship-wise. You feel you re always right and that's a sign that you re the arguing type.

Thank you ohh Mr I noticed, keep on noticing, the poster shared his opinion and I shared mine and now you think I feel I'm "ALWAYS" right? really? Like seriously? If you had read between the lines you'd notice I even accepted the posters meaning of it. Its your kind of people who always judge others without knowing anything about them, good luck with that kind of life.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ejikeme(m): 8:36am On Nov 30, 2014
ellechrystal:

Lol. No b stone o.. na gell dey my heart. very soft

hmmm.....can I be straight with you?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by adepiero: 8:37am On Nov 30, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Op stop jooor.

Shey when one lady like that got raped on her first time visiting a guy's house people blamed her. Some said she suppose know that once you visit a man house...na fvck be that oooo.

Stop blaming Nigerian girls, our guys are not trying at all. Follow him out to eat icecream...oooooboy you must surely payback with you punanny.

If you keep quiet for them to do normal wooing they will complain you have brother/friendzone them.
though i don't condone rape but Its not a must you follow him to his house after a bowl of ice cream. a wise girl should know better undecided

BTW, am not blaming Nigerian girls? am only asking why they always jump to conclusion in the instance I gave
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by adepiero: 8:41am On Nov 30, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Nooooooo.
In Nigeria if the girl refuses, the guy will will feel she wasted his time and money. He will then look for a way to make her pay back the money he used in taking her out on a date.

Some naija guys mentality no be here ooo.
That's bad of such guys but I don't do it. I've ventured in some failed attempts too but I didn't sort for revenge embarassed
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by jomoh: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2014
Natasha2:

thanks smiley

okay, you too.

hmm alright, I don tire for this stuf already grin let everyone stick to what they think.

BTW I guess its obvious, I mean my dp.

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by magabounce(m): 8:54am On Nov 30, 2014
ellechrystal:

Ha! On n off days no b days? U visit any tym ur free o.. I no dey notice all those stuffs. Omo as I hear rape stories I calm down o. I no dey visit anyhow again o.
Abeg B4 trusted male friend go dis virgin me.. I no dey there o
Hahahahahahahahahahaha... Lwkmd.. U try...
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ellechrystal(f): 9:02am On Nov 30, 2014
ejikeme:

hmmm.....can I be straight with you?
Ur free to b straight grin grin.. go ahead..
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 30, 2014
evegran:

Slightly true. smiley
cheesy
Hw u doing jare
Happy Sunday
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ejikeme(m): 9:18am On Nov 30, 2014
ellechrystal:

Ur free to b straight grin grin.. go ahead..

Can we be friends?

****mumbling: those two smileys she sent looks like trolls****
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 30, 2014
Evina:

The only place I am really friendly with a guy is online. Because in real life, they always misconstrue the most genuine intentions. They always want to push for something further.
Its true but not all guys are like that. The problem is when a guy tends to reciprocate care and love to a lady, his fellow guys see him as a weak or a fool. Another thing is that ladies are easily convinced, another guy may come with small swag do some talking and the girls love begin to fade little by little, by the time she's now totally gone, the guy starts regretting of being a gentle man all along, our male friends won't even take it easy with us, they would rain different types of ego shattering words to you. Now that gentle man won't want to remain gentle to another lady
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Sike(m): 9:36am On Nov 30, 2014
I'd ask you IN if you think I'd ask you OUT!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ellechrystal(f): 9:46am On Nov 30, 2014
ejikeme:

Can we be friends?

****mumbling: those two smileys she sent looks like trolls****

Y not...We r friends grin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Tunguy01(m): 9:56am On Nov 30, 2014
ellechrystal:

Kiki Kiki Kiki. .ma sis la hot grin wink..but u can't hang out with her..
N worthy of note, "SOME NAIJA GIRLS" definitely no all. Thanks.
I can speak 4 myself don't know bout others.. Am real to d core. ..not all are fake only the ones who dont ve SELF KNOWLEDGE . N lack confidence r fake
just kidding thou , bt av dated 3 girls so far nd none of d relationship last more Dan 3 months cos of der unromantic way , so I prefer online dating even if we ar deceiving ourslf, I prefer distance lie 2 a close 1
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by drnoel: 9:58am On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:
Nigerian girls and misconception of the phrase "ask me out!" angry

Often times I've come across scenarios where a guy talks to a lady in a friendly manner only for the girl to tell her girlfriends that he is trying to ask her out! shocked

My ideology of asking a lady out is that first you invite her on a date or multiple dates and during one of such dates you let out your intention but in Nigeria, reverse seems to be the case. once you strike up a convo, she believes you've already started to ask her out undecided

Is this a Nigerian mentality or a misinterpretation of the word "ask me out" feel free to air your opinion smiley

its not just a nigerian thing. Its a feminine misconception. I would say its worse with Kenyan ladies but then again I have only met a handful of em to build a concrete opinion on that. Then again Naija girls have their own fair share of the madness.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by ellechrystal(f): 10:03am On Nov 30, 2014
Tunguy01:
just kidding thou , bt av dated 3 girls so far nd none of d relationship last more Dan 3 months cos of der unromantic way , so I prefer online dating even if we ar deceiving ourslf, I prefer distance lie 2 a close 1
Lmao... na wa o..u sef need a Jesus.
I am so romantic ehhh..that y I don't blive all these una naija girl unromantic tales. ..They r so romantic that u go 4get ur family sef grin tongue
U never c one that's y.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by idu1(m): 10:11am On Nov 30, 2014
iceberylin:
When will our Girls have sense undecided
lol o boy u wicked o....
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Tunguy01(m): 10:14am On Nov 30, 2014
ellechrystal:

Lmao... na wa o..u sef need a Jesus.
I am so romantic ehhh..that y I don't blive all these una naija girl unromantic tales. ..They r so romantic that u go 4get ur family sef grin tongue
U never c one that's y.
Lmao , I need Jesus cos of dat ?? , hell no , I tink I need a better girl instead , itx just unlucky dat av been meeting unromantic girls bt bliv it , I dnt wanna fall in love , I just want 2 like some1 am dating , no offence !!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by adepiero: 10:19am On Nov 30, 2014
drnoel:

its not just a nigerian thing. Its a feminine misconception. I would say its worse with Kenyan ladies but then again I have only met a handful of em to build a concrete opinion on that. Then again Naija girls have their own fair share of the madness.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by adepiero: 10:19am On Nov 30, 2014
drnoel:

Thank you for the generalisation. I even narrowed my opinion down to Nigeria not knowing the same thing happens in Kenya undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by drnoel: 10:39am On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:
Thank you for the generalisation. I even narrowed my opinion down to Nigeria not knowing the same thing happens in Kenya undecided

I didnt mean to say its happens in Kenya cos I have never being there. I only mean that I have noticed the same thing among the handful of Kenyan Girls I have had the misfortune to encounter.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by adepiero: 10:49am On Nov 30, 2014
drnoel:

I didnt mean to say its happens in Kenya cos I have never being there. I only mean that I have noticed the same thing among the handful of Kenyan Girls I have had the misfortune to encounter.
If they portray the attitude then chances are that such situations happen in their country as well.

BTW, still waiting for rokiatu to tell us if its the same in Liberia
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by technokid(m): 10:52am On Nov 30, 2014
Evina:

The only place I am really friendly with a guy is online. Because in real life, they always misconstrue the most genuine intentions. They always want to push for something further.
hmmm, it doesn't mean they all ask u out na, as d OP said asking a girl out is when a guy gives a girl an invitation for a date (probably lunch or dinner), me as a guy atimes I find some women interesting and good a company, now I wanna go try out a new restaurant or I wanna go watch a movie which would be boring or awkward to just go and sit down in an italian restaurant alone, so I decide to invite my interesting female friend to tag along, that is when I would say I have asked her out. Going out with me doesn't mean we are in love or we are having se.x, atimes most of we guys are just innocent and just love ur good lady's company

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Naval Officer Kneels On The Street, Proposes To Girlfriend In Matching Outfit / I Insulted My Girlfriend How Do I Apologise / Today Signs That She Is Going To Be A "Pain In The Neck" Tomorrow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.