Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly (45642 Views)

Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police / Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court / Minister Directs That No New Corps Member Should Be Posted To Borno And Yobe Sta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
Tymax:

Same thing IGP Tafa Balogun said.

No one is above the law.

Was he a sitting IGP then or not? Who arranged his arrest and detention? Simple issues.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by OLADD: 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
agarawu23:
do i look like some kind of hungry dudes? undecided i came across it and decided to share.
[color=#006600][/color]

Stupid sharer. Sharing nonsense since 1200AD.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Beesluv: 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
From IGP to Prisoner

Executive Prisoner
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by henryobinna(m): 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
akinladejo:
I love this judgement. This IG is a stupid man without sense. Let Jonathan come bail am now. Tambuwa pls use ur guys and ur good office to remove him from dat post.
'good office' indeed.

two faced people
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Ajascolove(m): 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:
Let's see how it goes!

I dare say who has the balls to commit a sitting IG to prison?

Who will effect his arrest?

Talk is cheap.
Those waiting to be the next IG will do that with joy. Do you think all the police officers in the country are loyal and happy with him?
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by dein77(m): 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
Don't know why I don't believe the IGC will go to prison.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Abiolainfo: 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
kITATITA:
There is no order yet committing the IGP to prison. Nothing close to it yet from my layman understanding. The Speaker initiated a contempt of court process against the IGP through ex parte motion. The judge refused to agree with the ex parte motion and instead asked that the IGP be put on notice to put up an appearance to defend himself. He will only be committed to prison if he doesn't justify his action and if the court thinks he is deliberately flouting the order of a court. The IGP could use the instrumentality of the court to evade sanctions by filling spurious appeals against every ruling. But I can't see the IGP displaying the same arrogant posturing you saw at the House of Reps hearing. And no DPO or Policeman attached to the court will effect the arrest if it comes to that. They are ready to scale the windows and run to their village. The IGP is not going to prison. I can bet my salary on it. By the way, I'm not a lawyer.

Ope oooo cheesy Oya bring your salary come make we bet am grin , I'm very sure the IGP won't get out of this mess unscratch

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by thoexynne: 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Tymax:

Same thing IGP Tafa Balogun said.

No one is above the law.

Except that this IG was acting on president's bidding, tafa wasn't

It would be naïve of you to think that No one is above the law, some do stand way high above the law and tred on it

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Godiloveu:

olodo rabata!

was IGP Tafa Balogun not sent to prison?, in as much as we all know dis is not just d work of d IG alone, lesson shud still b learnt.

I expected you to make your comments without first insulting me but since you did I will tell you I don't respond to uncivilised ladies. It's because of your type the saying that the woman's place is in the kitchen still stands.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Dugul: 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
After Mandamus follow by habeas copuss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Abiolainfo: 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
dein77:
Don't know why I don't believe the IGC will go to prison.

What's the full meaning of IGC cheesy grin olodo
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by agarawu23(m): 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

Stupid sharer. Sharing nonsense since 1200AD.
fool but e make front pagecheesy
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by OLADD: 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
holatin:
bye bye IG, next time you don't behave political.
another Jonathan errand boy gone
[/color][color=#006600]

Na so your stupidity reach? Kindergarten brain.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by aresa: 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

It's your father and mother and your entire unknown generation that's dumb. Bastard.

Thats it?
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Mogidi: 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ajascolove:

Those waiting to be the next IG will do that with joy. Do you think all the police officers in the country are loyal and happy with him?

Trust me he'd still be your IG by this time next year, or do you want to bet?
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
Emmm my own be say they should put him in Kirikiri. Thats all!
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by AdeniyiA(m): 8:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
From IGP to Prisoner
as in Inspector General of Prisoners
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Mogidi: 8:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
agarawu23:
fool but e make front pagecheesy

It made front page so re.tards like you can jump up and down for a few seconds.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Alenkakent(m): 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:

I don't argue with people who are blinded by rage. Go fuc.k your mother

I'm not surprised cos that's how u been fcking ur mother and great grandmothers... Oloshi oloriburuku omo jatijati... We all know ur surname on here cos u don't respect ur elderly ones back home
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by successking: 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
Let all the SAN in Nigeria rise in defence of Tambuwal, but the truth is that he is no more a member of House of Representative at his defection.

We should not comment on bitterness of our minds but facts.

Tambuwal must go.

5 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by EVarn(m): 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
BiHung:

Guy...what is wrong with you. IF Gej gives an order today that the IG should be arrested..wouldn't he be arrested by the same boys you are calling 'his boys' ?
And I put it to you that an order from GEJ is not as strong as an order from a court of law.
If not for immunity, even GEJ can be arrested by the same boys that are protecting him once a court orders it.
i agree that an order from a high court or supreme court is stronger than that of a president,yet we all know that in this country,power is law and law is ultimate power.an high court ordered for the immediate reinstatement of tambuwal's security details,yet till today have you seen any bodyguard guarding tambuwal?.arresting the IGP could plunge the country into a state of anarchy.the IGP has authority over a third of the civil defence forces,and as it stands,he also has the presidency's support.all these has the potential to descend into a "life drama".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Alexcollins(m): 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
It won't happen, it can't happen. Not wen d presidency is fully behind d I.G. Seems some pple don't know d power, influence and authority controlled by d president. D worst dat can happen is for d I.G to resign. Dats all.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by spanzed(m): 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
agarawu23:
will u appeal on his behalf? lipsrsealed
yea if he seeks my services as a baby lawyer grin
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by sageer1234(m): 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
It will b fun to see a corporal officer hand cuffing dat gud for ntin IGP.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ajascolove:

You may be right or wrong but all policemen will line up to defend their own. We are talking about a sitting service chief here, please.

In fact do you know Tafa Balogun is the most loved ex IG in Nigeria? Please ask any policeman close by.

I'm no party faithful, my line of duty does not permit but if APC want to rock the boat let them try it, may be tear gas was not enough for them.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Tokunbohkinibig: 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
From IGP to Prisoner

It's not new to us, Tafa balogun was there once upon a time
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by InvertedHammer: 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
/
8 SAN and 69 lawyers.

Unnecessary show off.

Too many cooks dey spoil one pot of soup.

You cannot even get three lawyers to agree on one thing. Now you are wondering about 8 different egomaniacs and 69 others who are thinking " what the fvck are we doing here".

SMH

\

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by cole265(m): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
BiHung:

Discretion to allow a man who is meant to enforce the law to disobey the law? Funny you.

When a court gives an order of arrest, it doesn't follow any hierarchy of the police force...the court directs! And he will be arrested immediately by an order Mandamus's... Chai!!! The nearest DPO will be served and he ia duty bound to arrest the IGP..it is this DPO that will use discretion to either respectfully or disrespectfully arrest the guy..but either way, the guy will be put in a black maria.

Watch and learn.I hope you saw how Tafa Balogun was dragged on the floor.

I can't wait to see this happen. I will be witnessing the arrest of 2 IGP in my life time. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by agarawu23(m): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mogidi:

It made front page so re.tards like you can jump up and down for a few seconds.
just to big to exchange words with ppl like u.

here is nt 2go wer u drag biscuits with ur mates !(teenagers)
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Godiloveu(f): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:

I expected you to make your comments without first insulting me but since you did I will tell you I don't respond to uncivilised ladies. It's because of your type the saying that the woman's place is in the kitchen still stands.

no vex, my sweetheart!
it happen at d heat of. d moment while I was typing

by d way " I AM A CAREER WOMAN "plus kitchen tins. I can do u right. mu ah swit dreams
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Abiolainfo: 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
successking:
Let all the SAN in Nigeria rise in defence of Tambuwal, but the truth is that he is no more a member of House of Representative at his defection.

We should not comment on bitterness of our minds but facts.

Tambuwal must go.

Are you not through with your pills I will blame this on the psychiatric doctors cheesy grin
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by yetunsbay(m): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
From IGP to Prisoner
I just dey observe..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

We’ve Killed Bandits Who Attacked Presidential Guards Brigade In Abuja: Defence / "I'm Calling This Result Under Duress" - Prof Ibeabuchi Declares Okorocha Winner / Osinbajo At Tony Elumelu Bootcamp 2015 Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.