Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. (34331 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
hensben:
ignorance! pls can you tell me why God created/made Eve from Adam's rib? why not directly created like Adam....

Devil using women to destroy mankind since time of Eve.
I see that you are very enlightened and informed, given that you don't know that not everyone believes in your bible, the irony.

Then again, you confuse yourself further cos your bible also say that, he created Adam and eve in his own image as the same, my friend sit yourself down and be quiet.

P.S, he prolly needed to take something of Adam's to add to Eve's to make them complementary,sounds more plausable than saying he took a rib from Adam because he is superior.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by seangy4konji: 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
The ones who wants to put te head of tier husband in their pants will be all over the thread. Did not bother to go through it.

They always believe that they can even slap heir man or even still talk on the phone with a stranger for hours without a need to explain to te husband who that was.

Biggest mistake in life is when you marry who god did not annoint for you. You carry another man bone be dat.

Egun e le gun awa oni bawon gbe oo.

Amen.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
Timmytimmy:

Stop trying to produce more misunderstanding of the issue by trying to place the Old Testament against the New Testament. They don't run against each other. They never will. Analyses of such nature is why many other World Religions keep disrespecting the NT. You talked about context, you don't sound like you're trying to obey the rule with what you wrote. I am not anti-feminist, I don't just feel comfortable with Christians using the Bible wrongly.

@Topic, we cannot argue or discuss this issue until the Point of View we are to take is clear. Should we debate from a Christian perspective or a Secular perspective?

Who said they run contrary?

I thought I was the OT that was 'disrespected'? My first post on this thread was telling the OP to use the correct verse and I became feminist. I don't even know what the OP is about sef.

Is there anywhere the Bible said women are inferior?
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ellechrystal(f): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
guardian09:

You took the words right out of my mouth God bless you.
Hahaha...u took it right from my nose.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Ilekeh(f): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Women are so weak that they need 'strong' to prefix that weak word called 'woman'

The same way they say"strong black man". Are you weak?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by 5minsmadness: 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Lol! @ your last paragraph

You must done one hell of a survey.

Weldone

Yes I did. A very extensive one. Took me more than two decades to complete. Its called the survey of real life experiences.

In all the marriages I have come across and all the couples I have counselled(yes I counsel couples) I am yet to see a happily married feminist. Men are naturally dominant and once a woman try's to assume a dominant role in a relationship it always crumbles.

4 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
seangy4konji:
The ones who wants to put te head of tier husband in their pants will be all over the thread. Did not bother to go through it.

They always believe that they can even slap heir man or even still talk on the phone with a stranger for hours without a need to explain to te husband who that was.

Biggest mistake in life is when you marry who god did not annoint for you. You carry another man bone be dat.

Egun e le gun awa oni bawon gbe oo.

Amen.
Ilekeh:

The same way they say"strong black man". Are you weak?

Hahaha
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Ilekeh(f): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
guardian09:

Gen 2: 15 "The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. "
Gen 2: 18 "The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
Eph 5: 22 "Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord."
Eph 5: 23 "For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Saviour."
Eph 5: 24 "Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

Dont get me wrong am not saying a man should maltreat his wife or treat her like a slave or anything after all the same also said

Eph 5: 25 "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. "

You gotta kidding me. You think everyone reads that book? Gerrout jor
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by toluwalope1(m): 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Trying to do things according to the bible is actually a waste of time in my opinion because the contradictions are just too much and annoying.

"The bible said this", someone uses another portion of the same bible to debunk what the first person said, like what's that? Why can't it's stories and laws and whatnot just be straight?

Feminism has done nothing to marriage, sexism is the problem, men and women were created equal with different roles, y'all better get with the program me.
.is d brain more important Dan d heart?? food for thought! but dis am sure of,if either organ fails to function its leads to death. dis I know to,DAT deres no competition in Christianity and yes we are all equal be4 GOD,master or slave,rich or poor,male or female.also we all have our roles to play.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by BABE3: 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

What makes 0.333 inferior? I can't remember the last time I wrote in fraction

Down to groups, what if the determining factor is child birthing abilities?

You believe males are superior, what edge do they have overwomen?

What makes 0.333 inferior ? cheesy You're not really asking me that are you?

If you divide 1 by 3, there are infinitely many 3s after the decimal.

It never ends; meaning 0.333... isn't a perfect representation of 1/3.

Fractions are superior. Enough of the maths.

Are you saying females are superior because they get pregnant ? Remember they can't get pregnant without sperms that come from males. So that argument doesn't make sense.

What edge do men have over women? You tell me. Why did you go from taking your dad's last name (and not your mum's), to taking your husband's last name? grin

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by kaboninc(m): 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
Feminist...

All men are equal in the sight of God! Same bible said the Man should Lord over the home. Don't know of any home where the woman is the head.

I think what feminist should fight for is equal opportunity for all. But that should not include opportunities to head over a home.

But those feminist in the house, what really do you fight for or want? What's your cause.

Bukatyne

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by hensben(m): 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
I see that you are very enlightened and informed, given that you don't know that not everyone believes in your bible, the irony.

Then again, you confuse yourself further cos your bible also say that, he created Adam and even in his own image as the same, my friend sit yourself down and be quiet.

P.S, he prolly needed to take something of Adam's to add to Eve's to make them complementary,sounds more plausable than saying he took a rib from Adam because he is superior.
God meant men should be head of the home in a good way not whats on you guys thinking faculty....

Note: He created Adam long before Eve, He saw that Adam cant be alone in the garden then, He made Eve from Adam's rib...pls read ur bible thats if you are a christian
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:

Yes I did. A very extensive one. Took me more than two decades to complete. Its called the survey of life.

In all the marriages I have come across and all the couples I have counselled(yes I counsel couples) I am yet to see a happily married feminist. Men are naturally dominant and once a woman try's to assume a dominant role in a relationship it always crumbles.

Weldone

You have not gotten to me sha.

Keep it up, you will see happy ones.

I would not be surprised is your feminists are wives who are rude, not helpful to their husbands, believe they are equal and believe husband's money is our money and wife's money is wifey 's money

Irrespective of feminism or not, if a wife is not a good one, she will not enjoy her home.

I still opened a thread on foolis.h wives/woman some days back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:

Yes I did. A very extensive one. Took me more than two decades to complete. Its called the survey of life.

Lol! Your post is beclouded by hate.

What of most relationship that crash when the man is a bully?

Are you saying wicked wife is associated with feminism?

By the way, I have met a Feminist who defined it more than being submissive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
Timmytimmy:

Can you define equality in terms that are different from the obvious(ie quantified units) without talking about roles?

In case you are trying to think a way out of this, lemme try to produce an escape route.

I really think that the fact that we talk about who is more important and who is more Superior as human beings is an injustice in itself.
Well I don't know about it being injustice, I just know that it was not intended to be talked about in the first place but because some crazy evil men decided women were to be toyed with and subjected them to rubbish, we are here talking about it.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2014
kaboninc:
Feminist...

All men are equal in the sight of God! Same bible said the Man should Lord over the home. Don't know of any home where the woman is the head.

I think what feminist should fight for is equal opportunity for all. But that should not include opportunities to head over a home.

But those feminist in the house, what really do you fight for or want? What's your cause.

Bukatyne

This thread is not about me

What is the definition of feminism; let's start from there. Out will know what they believe in.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 7:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
hensben:
God meant men should be head of the home in a good way not whats on you guys thinking faculty....
If you can't talk without bringing christianity(even while abusing me)into it, then we have no business quoting each other.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Truckpusher(m): 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
Why are we even killing ourselves over feminism when we are already aware that most NL feminists are just paper tigers that can't bite in real life.

The moment I come across any lady with that feminist ideology I just walk away no matter how much love that exists between us.
We should learn how to walk away and let them find for themselves the men that are willing to accept that caging and absolute destruction of the place of hierarchy in the family order and marriage lets see who is going to cry foul at the end of the day.
As long as 80% of our women depend on their boy friends and husbands for their financial,economic means of survival as well as general protection feminism will only be bought by weak men and other category of men that I'd prefer to call 'women pleasers'
And as for all the ladies I've been sending pms if you refuse to reply me based on this my opinion ,Thank you - I'll pm others until they agree. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by kaboninc(m): 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

This thread is not about me

What is the definition of feminism; let's start from there. Out will know what they believe in.

Me is asking you.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Timmytimmy: 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Who said they run contrary?

I thought I was the OT that was 'disrespected'? My first post on this thread was telling the OP to use the correct verse and I became feminist. I don't even know what the OP is about sef.

Is there anywhere the Bible said women are inferior?

You didn't say that directly. By stating the issue of wearing of Cotton and Linen etc, that is the conclusion a person who doesn't know the overall significance of both Convenants would come to seeing that Christians of today wear cotton and linen together.

Did the OP use the "INCORRECT" verse?
Isn't that a part of scripture? I understand what you stand for and i agree with you to some extents but I really believe you're going about it the wrong way.

The Bible is neither feminist or anti-feminist.
Of all metaphors to use to describe Jesus' relationship with the Church,God chose marriage. There is a bigger picture here for we Christians. We can't afford to be suckered into this constant debate about who is Superior. The word "equality" is very relative in Scripture. Was Jesus equal to God or was He equal to man. That's another debate but why don't we see the bigger picture which should ultimately be unyielding Love?

This is my honest contribution and please read what the OP said to save yourself the stress of the unnecessary arguments.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by lezz(m): 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
FrancisTony:
Hmm. I don't see how feminism is evil or devilish. It's just an avenue which women are using to fight and promote gender equality which has been denied for them. An avenue to structure peoples mind that it's nobody's world and your deed/success would determine your rank/worth regardless of your gender.

It's evil in the eye of misogynists who can't imagine seeing a successful or industrious woman. They view all of them as a sex object, submissive thing etc

By the way, the whole tag/naming ish is annoying to me. I believe a woman should be whatever she wishes, without being tagged as a feminist or think about what a man/someone else would say.

Just be you.
Nice quote, Captain-save-the-hores

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by kaboninc(m): 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truckpusher:
Why are we even killing ourselves over feminism when we are already aware that most NL feminists are just paper tigers that can't bite in real life.

The moment I come across any lady with that feminist ideology I just walk away no matter how much love that exists between us.
We should learn how to walk away and let them find for themselves the men that are willing to accept that caging and absolute destruction of the place of hierarchy in the family order and marriage lets see who is going to cry foul at the end of the day.
As long as 80% of our women depend on their boy friends and husbands for their financial,economic means of survival as well as general protection feminism will only be bought by weak men and other category of men that I'd prefer to call 'women pleasers'
And as for all the ladies I've been sending pms if you refuse to reply me based on this my opinion ,Thank you - I'll pm others until they agree. grin

Seriously? If they don't reply you, someone will joor.
Every woman wants and desire a leader. Feminist inclusive

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by hensben(m): 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
If you can't talk without bringing christianity(even while abusing me)into it, then we have no business quoting each other.
you see! but you abused me first..this is what we are not talking about...we are all good though

pls i will like to ask you this query...are you a BELIEVING christian/moslem?
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by 5minsmadness: 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
FrancisTony:

Lol! Your post is beclouded by hate.

What of most relationship that crash when the man is a bully?

Are you saying wicked wife is associated with feminism?

By the way, I have met a Feminist who defined it more than being submissive.
Pls state clearly what in my post is 'beclouded by hate'

Strangely enough a relationship will last far longer when the man is a bully than when the woman is overbearing. It does not mean the man should remain a bully and ideally he should be counselled. It simply means women are more patient and forebearing.

No I am not saying a 'wicked' wife is associated with feminism. Stop trying to twist my words with your own warped ideas. I am saying a woman that starts to behave like a man in a relationship rather than the woman she was naturally meant to be ends up making the relationship miserable.

I don't understand your last statement at all.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Timmytimmy: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Well I don't know about it being injustice, I just know that it was not intended to be talked about in the first place but because some crazy evil men decided women were to be toyed with and subjected them to rubbish, we are here talking about it.

But two wrongs don't make a right. The way women are going about making things right would only create an effect they wouldn't enjoy, neither would men, but they would suffer more on the long run.
Total feminism is quite impossible seeing that the average man and the average woman have radically different Biological strengths, weaknesses and functions.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by lezz(m): 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
hehe, what's wrong with the bible?
It's the oldest book on earth, surviving difference civilizations, cultures and time; affirmed by behavioural scientists and psychologists and scholars .
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 12, 2014
A husband is superior to his wife. Period.

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 7:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
hensben:
you see! but you abused me first..this is what we are not talking about...we are all good though

pls i will like to ask you this query...are you a BELIEVING christian/moslem?

Where did I abuse you first? You quoted me calling me ignorant, are you also a liar? So much for christianity.

Don't ask me about any religion, religion doesn't define me, y'all religious people are all bloody hypocrites.

4 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by abbey621(m): 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
Feminism is what happens when men have misplaced priorities and women refusing to stay bound by their God given role. Let's all just chill and simplify this issue. Christians , Muslims and Others agree that the man came first before woman but being created first does not make you superior. What makes you superior is your self-worth, your integrity and the way others value you. Society in itself placed a huge burden on man, real men are expected to work hard, build a house, marry a wife, take care of his parents and siblings. A real woman is only as valuable as the type of man she associates with, is only as valuable as the happiness in her family. Now now let's be careful! It's okay for women to have careers, to be in leadership roles and etc, but when they neglect their God given role which basically is to support the man in raising a family and being a responsible asset to the society, when this role is neglected then chaos is unleasheed. Greed replaces love, contempt substitutes affection and so on. Feminism was created not to empower women but to devalue the worth of men, it is a lie put out there to deceive women, it promises independence, authority and power but at the end of it all, the woman is left unhappy, frustrated and alone(E.g Divorced, Lesbianism or Insane). Cos at the end of the day, all a woman wants is to be loved, respected and happy, all of which cannot come without having a responsible man in her life

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by 5minsmadness: 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Weldone

You have not gotten to me sha.

Keep it up, you will see happy ones.

I would not be surprised is your feminists are wives who are rude, not helpful to their husbands, believe they are equal and believe husband's money is our money and wife's money is wifey 's money

Irrespective of feminism or not, if a wife is not a good one, she will not enjoy her home.

I still opened a thread on foolis.h wives/woman some days back.

I see nothing to disagree with on your post.
And yes I read that post on foolish wives/women. Very interesting.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Truckpusher(m): 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
kaboninc:

Seriously? If they don't reply you, someone will joor.
Every woman wants and desire a leader. Feminist inclusive
That was on a lighter note. grin
But seriously these misguided fellows thinks that our culture is backward and uncivilized but truth is it has worked for us and should be left the way it is before we find ourselves in a dilemma that we would live to regret as a people.
You can't go about copying every culture without getting a backlash from the old tested and trusted way.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:

Pls state clearly what in my post is 'beclouded by hate'
What I could deduct from your post, is that any rude, nagging, misbehaved etc woman is a feminist.

Strangely enough a relationship will last far longer when the man is a bully than when the woman is overbearing. It does not mean the man should remain a bully and ideally he should be counselled. It simply means women are more patient and forebearing.
That's because most women can't do without a man. They don't have future.

An industrious woman won't bear 'bully' as a husband.
Trust me, your deduction is mainly prevalance in Africa because of our primitive nature.
A white woman wouldn't think twice to divorce him and get her own share.

No I am not saying a 'wicked' wife is associated with feminism. Stop trying to twist my words with your own warped ideas. I am saying a woman that starts to behave like a man in a relationship rather than the woman she was naturally meant to be ends up making the relationship miserable.

I don't understand your last statement at all.
My last statement means that feminism doesn't equate men haters or woman that's not submissive.

Submission is an entirely different thing. A feminist can be submissive too, and last time I checked, dictionary defined it as women who claim gender equality not unsubmissiveness.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. / Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / I Have Phobia For Pregnant Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.