Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. (34347 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
Timmytimmy:

But two wrongs don't make a right. The way women are going about making things right would only create an effect they wouldn't enjoy, neither would men, but they would suffer more on the long run.
Total feminism is quite impossible seeing that the average man and the average woman have radically different Biological strengths, weaknesses and functions.
Now you are blaming women for how they want to make things right, you are basically saying women are the problem, I don't know why wanting a good change and working towards it is a problem and fighting against it isn't?

The men are the ones who wouldn't allow change and women will keep refusing to be mistreated.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Sweetlemon(f): 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
It's a man's world.

We women can only stoop to conquer. I won't lie to you.

BUT I would advice you to check the kind of man you are stooping for. Not all are worth it.

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by 5minsmadness: 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
Let me answer you calmly before a more violent person comes along cos I can see from your post you know very little about feminism.
FrancisTony:

What I could deduct from your post, is that any rude, nagging, misbehaved etc woman is a feminist.
That's your deduction. I never said that.
Also rude,nagging, misbehaved etc are all your words and not on my post at all. So tell me what you saw in my post that made you say it is 'beclouded by hate'.

That's because most women can't do without a man. They don't have future.
You just committed blasphemy according to the feminist handbook. You should be hanged by your patriarchal domineering balls and flogged. Most women cant do without a man? Really?

An industrious woman won't bear 'bully' as a husband.
Trust me, your deduction is mainly prevalance in Africa because of our primitive nature.
A white woman wouldn't think twice to divorce him and get her own share.
I have counselled at least three Caucasian couples(not my fault, could have counselled more, blame racism,but that's another story) and I assure you that the story is the same wether in 'primitive' Africa as you say or in the U.S. The woman is usually more patient than the man even when its so easy for her to get a divorce. I will accede though that the African woman is more patient than their white counterparts.

My last statement means that feminism doesn't equate men haters or woman that's not submissive.

Submission is an entirely different thing. A feminist can be submissive too, and last time I checked, dictionary defined it as women who claim gender equality not unsubmission.
Lol.
Naive statement.
True feminists are anything but 'submissive'. The word itself cancels out the very foundation of feminism. Coogar and maybe crackhaus will explain this last part better to you. I've lost interest in those kind of battles.
If your friend is 'submissive' to her dominant husband then she is not a feminist.

4 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 8:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
BABE3:

Lemme help her out, 2.5 and 2,1/2 are equal.

However, fractions are more precise and they give a more accurate representation than decimals.
That means fractions are superior, even though decimals are useful. cheesy

I'm not sure it's possible for two things to be equal and different at the same time. Even if it's by a little itty bit, one of them has to have an edge, realistically.
Thanks for trying. Actually, numbers are adjectives, much like colors. They describe the things we see in reality. As such, they themselves are not things and do not qualify as illustrations of the idea that things can be equal and different.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by lezz(m): 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mintayo:

Exactly. Femisnism is satan's way of twisting God's plan for marriage.
The devil knows that once the family is down,the nation and subsequently the world is down. Femisnism is what a lady without humility uses to dissolve her marriage.
Yes God created man and woman but they were not equally,even before the fall,Adam was given a seperate role and responsibilty from the woman.
Also God did not creat eve the same way he created adam,adam was created independently from the dust,eve was created from Adam's rib-this has a lot of meaning for a thinking mind.
The Devil knows this,hence his idea of feminism to twart God's plan, it was the thought of equality or femisnism that He used to bring eve down. Eve wanted equality,not only with God but with Adam. This brought their fall,same will happen to any lady that builds her home on the foundation of feminism.
I dub you the man of wisdom.

These shallow feminists on nairaland would be barking like raging dogs. Wonder why their state of mind is always tensed up.

They are quick to debunk facts from the Holy bible but ready to accept a lousy journal or prose written by a sad, narrow minded, divorced femnist.
Biblical facts: women are created for men.
The primary reason women were ever created is to support the calling of their husbands.

Secular facts: women have never founded any civilization.
Women always give back to society what society gave to her.
Men are inventors and founders of towns, cities, countries and technology.

All nairaland feminist are ignorant pretenders whose very phones, laptops and ipads they employ to participate in this feminist debate are bought by men.

7 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by BABE3: 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Thanks for trying. Actually, numbers are adjectives, much like colors. They describe the things we see in reality. As such, they themselves are not things and do not qualify as illustrations of the idea that things can be equal and different.

That is debatable. I don't want to go deep into philosophy, so I'll leave it.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by tlops(m): 8:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
Dont be deceived feminism is not about equal right for women and men, it is about subjugating man. Putting man in the position where women use to be, trying to punish the men of now for the sins of men past.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by coogar: 8:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Really coogar? Like really? cry

biblically, that's the truth!
whether you now believe the bible or not is another issue entirely. you cannot add bible with feminism, they don't go hand in hand.

bukatyne:
Biko read your Bible and let me be.

Romans stated that as long as we are in this body, we will still experience some pains so what's the P?

so what curse was removed then? you have to be in a body to give birth to a child.....so how is the curse removed? if the curse is completely removed, why do we need to work 9-5, toil the soil before we can eat?

i am not sure you understand the bible - you keep dancing from one end to another with claims you cannot back with facts. you are the one that needs to read the bible very well.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Let's say we can't find things that are equal with different roles besides human, who's to say that, that's not the way it was supposed to be? Do we need to find things(inanimate, I'd like to think)equal with the same functions before we agree that a man and woman can be equal with different roles? Educate me.
Well, in nature, things tend to be repetitive even across seemingly wide divides. That is why people can even think that man and animals share a common biological heritage, for instance.

So, if it is a fact that something can be equal to another but different in function from it, then there will be more than one example of such a thing in nature.

Having said that though, I'd like you to share with me how you think men and women are equal but different in function.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Timmytimmy: 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Now you are blaming women for how they want to make things right, you are basically saying women are the problem, I don't know why wanting a good change and working towards it is a problem and fighting against it isn't?

The men are the ones who wouldn't allow change and women will keep refusing to be mistreated.
Did you even read what I wrote? Whew!
I said "the way women are going about it" isn't right. The least you could have done would be to ask me what I meant.
Now, when you talk about Feminism as a whole as "good change", does this mean you agree with the extremes that some Hardcore Feminists are preaching?
What I was trying to say since is that it's important fot women to define what they stand for individually and not allow themselves to be placed under the wide canopy of this polluted Feminism finding it's root in the West. That Feminism is wrong and vile.

Sometimes when I watch some of those Leaders speak on TV, I see women struggling with Insecurity and Inferiority Complex which have been placed on them by heartless members of the male species and if we aren't careful, careless ladies in Africa will swallow it hook, line and sinker.
My perogative was simply to open your eyes to this. No reasonable 21st century man wants a robot or a slave.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by hensben(m): 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Just seeing this
Can you point where the Bible said the women are inferior or north equal to men?

Secondly, my first post was correcting the OP as to what he was referencing.

I have still not read the OP; made that disclaimer in my first post.
ok Gej is the president of nigeria, he chooses his cabinet n preside over the affair of the nation, does that make the rest citizen inferior ...but gej is the no1 citizen, he is the head right
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 8:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Well, in nature, things tend to be repetitive even across seemingly wide divides. That is why people can even think that man and animals share a common biological heritage, for instance.

So, if it is a fact that something can be equal to another but different in function from it, then there will be more than one example of such a thing in nature.

Having said that though, I'd like you to share with me how you think men and women are equal but different in function.
They are equal, to be treated the same and different in function that they both have somethings peculiar to each party with which each, is to be identified by.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by coogar: 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
Sweetlemon:
It's a man's world.

We women can only stoop to conquer. I won't lie to you.

BUT I would advice you to check the kind of man you are stooping for. Not all are worth it.

hahahaha
be careful how you say it's a man's world. you could get shot on this thread by feminazis for saying its a man's world. grin

freecocoa:
They are equal, to be treated the same and different in function that they both have somethings peculiar to each party with which each, is to be identified by.

2 different things cannot be equal!
no holy book accepts men & women are of equal weights. so if you want to propagate gender equality, you have to abandon religion........otherwise, you are a hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Sorry I was referencing Priscilla to Coogar who said women should not talk. Sometimes, she was placed before her husband: I am very sure if she did not teach or preach, therewill be no rreference to her afterall, the Bible never said.Peter and his wife nor did the Bible rreference Jesus early father Joseph. There was no famzing in there and if you were active, you were.

Lol! of Priscilla supporting her husband 's authority. Deborah was also supporting her husband's ministry grin
Lol. I very nearly raised Deborah myself. I guess it's better that you raised her. I'll be back to deal with that.

About Priscilla, my bet is that she was a teacher. But like her husband. I will avoid making any more assumptions though. What I will point out is that she was never spoken of as doing anything authoritative without her husband. Unlike the prophetess you just named. I think that that is significant. Especially as, like you rightly noted, she's the only female in the New Testament spoken of in that way.

Now, back to Deborah, remember what she said to Barak? She told him that because he insisted on having her come along with him the victory over Sisera would be given to a woman. Do you think that that is significant?

I don't fully understand the "women should not usurp authority over men" Scripture yet, that's why I will not be commenting directly on it.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

12 * 1 = 6 * 2 = 3 * 4

Well well

See my response to BABE3.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
BABE3:

That is debatable. I don't want to go deep into philosophy, so I'll leave it.
Actually it isn't. I've gone pretty deep into it before.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by guardian09(m): 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ilekeh:

You gotta kidding me. You think everyone reads that book? Gerrout jor
We will always know children when the start typing rubbish...I pray for your soul...you call the Bible that book?lols

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
You haven't told me HOW, freecocoa. All you have done is reiterate that they are equal and have different roles. How are they equal?

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:
Let me answer you calmly before a more violent person comes along cos I can see from your post you know very little about feminism.
I follow wikipedia definition of feminism not angry Nairaland women own. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

Feminism= equal right and fight against gender inequality.

A feminist can decide to be unsubmissive at her own peril.

Lol.
Naive statement.
True feminists are anything but 'submissive'. The word itself cancels out the very foundation of feminism. Coogar and maybe crackhaus will explain this last part better to you. I've lost interest in those kind of battles.
If your friend is 'submissive' to her dominant husband then she is not a feminist.
You are having a wrong notion of that.
I stand to the definition not until wikipedia redefines it.

If feminism should be defined on 'submission' like you said, unmarried women shouldn't have a business being a feminist. People like Emma Watson, Lady Gaga etc

A wrong notion widely held by many peopple that man who masturbates, can never be a virgin, meanwhile that's not how dictionary defined virginity.

I see anyone who fight for gender inequality as a feminist and unsubmissive wife as misandrist.

Meanwhile, what do you mean by Feminist handbook blasphemy? I am not a female. undecided

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
Timmytimmy:

Did you even read what I wrote? Whew!
I said "the way women are going about it" isn't right. The least you could have done would be to ask me what I meant.
Now, when you talk about Feminism as a whole as "good change", does this mean you agree with the extremes that some Hardcore Feminists are preaching?
What I was trying to say since is that it's important fot women to define what they stand for individually and not allow themselves to be placed under the wide canopy of this polluted Feminism finding it's root in the West. That Feminism is wrong and vile.

Sometimes when I watch some of those Leaders speak on TV, I see women struggling with Insecurity and Inferiority Complex which have been placed on them by heartless members of the male species and if we aren't careful, careless ladies in Africa will swallow it hook, line and sinker.
My perogative was simply to open your eyes to this. No reasonable 21st century man wants a robot or a slave.
I apologize if I misconstrued your post but saying that something isn't right means it is wrong,no? hence my saying you already blame the women.

Ofcourse I don't agree with radical feminism, I don't think radical is good, now the problem is, that's not what feminism is about, don't you think it's unfair to say that feminism is vile/wrong because a group of people are hiding under it? Why don't we just say humans are bad because some of them are bad? Why don't we all choose what to call ourselves since some humans are bad and we the 'good' ones don't want to be associated with them?

Feminism is not the problem here, if people understood what feminism is about, we won't have this conversation, then again, some of those heartless men exist and just want to control women, so they twist and fight to tarnish feminists to continue in their wickedness, e no go work.

Well then, if people were humane enough to apply reason, we wouldn't have any problems but since that's not the case, we are fighting to make them see reasons which is already happening.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 8:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

You haven't told me HOW, freecocoa. All you have done is reiterate that they are equal and have different roles. How are they equal?
What do you mean I haven't told you how? They are the same in the sense that they are both human beings, to be seen both as such, to have the same basic rights.

They function differently in the sense that a man brings the sperm and the woman provide the egg and together they make a baby.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
lwkmd

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
coogar:

2 different things cannot be equal!
no holy book accepts men & women are of equal weights. so if you want to propagate gender equality, you have to abandon religion........otherwise, you are a hypocrite!
When was I holding unto religion? Even you coogar have told me before, that you think the bible should be modified, think about why you said that and lemme know who the hypocrite is.wink
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Bluffly: 9:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:
Genesis 1:27 - Bible Gateway

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1:27

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them

I am trying to see from this verse where it talks about inequality. If the OP wants to quote the Bible let him/her make appropriate references.

@OP: no comment; the Bible passage attracted me

Earth wasn't created in one verse, neither was man and woman created in one verse or same day nor He created them with the same mindset. So get your facts rights. God created a man to oversee what He has created and a woman because there was no companion for the man.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 9:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Lol. I very nearly raised Deborah myself. I guess it's better that you raised her. I'll be back to deal with that.

About Priscilla, my bet is that she was a teacher. But like her husband. I will avoid making any more assumptions though. What I will point out is that she was never spoken of as doing anything authoritative without her husband. Unlike the prophetess you just named. I think that that is significant. Especially as, like you rightly noted, she's the only female in the New Testament spoken of in that way.

Now, back to Deborah, remember what she said to Barak? She told him that because he insisted on having her come along with him the victory over Sisera would be given to a woman. Do you think that that is significant?

I don't fully understand the "women should not usurp authority over men" Scripture yet, that's why I will not be commenting directly on it.

Was her husband ever mentioned doing anything outside the wife's authority?

@Deborah, I don't know either: it could be that Sisera did not have faith (case in point: Moses), it could be that women do not go to battle etc.

Honestly, I doubt God bothers whether you are a man/woman; make yourself available or He is interested in you and He uses you. If you don't like your suitation, pray to Him and if He wants to, He will step in.

Except the likes of Karthlyn Kulhman and Ann Mcpherson were called by glo and mtn and not God, anybody can be anything as far as He is interested. Another thing is that He works in line with what is on ground (culture and co) as far it is not outright sin.

Paul is the most misunderstood Apostle; even Peter testified to it. I will give him the credit that his epistles have been a center point of women's problems.

I am yet to read the passage that states men are superior to women (I never finish Bible sha).
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 9:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
Bluffly:

Earth wasn't created in one verse, neither was man and woman created in one verse or same day nor He created them with the same mindset. So get your facts rights

And did I say it was?
Shift
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Xano(m): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
Interesting. I don't take advice from unmarried, single or divorced people on marriage. I thank God for the opportunity to read and listen to Kenneth and Gloria Copeland messages on marriage and relationship, among other great 'Christian living' married people. There are Biblical scriptures on marriage, those are my guide.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:

I see nothing to disagree with on your post.
And yes I read that post on foolish wives/women. Very interesting.

Really?

Thanks

I am sure the characters portrayed might know nothing about feminism
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
lezz:

All nairaland feminist are ignorant pretenders whose very phones, laptops and ipads they employ to participate in this feminist debate are bought by men.
And this quote shows how myopic and sexist you are, so no woman has bought herself a phone,good to know.

4 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by coogar: 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
FrankTony:
I follow wikipedia definition of feminism not
angry Nairaland women own. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

Feminism= equal right and fight against gender inequality.

A feminist can decide to be unsubmissive at her own peril.

don't be defrauded by the bolded statement - feminism speaks about gender equality but they don't put it in practise. the second definition has pushed this one you quoted down the drain.

feminism caters for the interest of women - and sometimes it's at the expense of the men.
you have to understand that sometimes the interest of the women & that of men don't always coincide.....and in such situations, feminism want the woman to triumph!
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by aadoiza: 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
(Age-long, Robin Morgan whom i quoted....).

Una never see anything-- you all want to lead the debased-western lifestyles but not ready to suck up their repugnant repercussions. However what you think you believe men are superior to women--call it a deranged chauvinistic standpoint-- perhaps there are a handful of them (women) that would hold their own against their man counterparts, that still will not change the axiom. Until women call impregnate men--I will disregard feminism and dub it a silly and irrational movement that every sane man and woman should never endorse . Believing in equal rights for both sexes should not be subsumed in that treacherous and devilish struggle called Feminism that is hellbent on destroying family values. I'm sure as eggs is eggs that Feminism will prevail however what the morality-sticklers do because it's part of the signs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Have Phobia For Pregnant Women. / Could My Wife Be Cheating? / Five Deadly Words Used By Women ;D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.