Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected (35998 Views)

COAS Donated Ambulance To NDA In Line To Islamize Nigeria / PDP/Jonathan Govt Has Plans To Manipulate 2015 Elections - APC / Tony Blair Denies Claims Of Meeting With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by darediamond(m): 11:13am On Dec 27, 2014
Why must Buhari "educate non-muslims" that they have nothing to fear if the Sharia Laws is not Deadly already?
Why must Sharia bé integrated into Nigeria constitution when even the North have residence Christians let alone the South?
Friend think deep and wide with a truthfull heart.
Buhari is not the fitting eraser for Jonathan committed "blunders" becuse when there is life, there is hope.
ItsMeAboki:

Olodo, and you did not read the next few lines where he said:
"and to educate non-Muslims they have nothing to fear..."[i][/i]

What does that tell you?
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by ramalot(m): 11:15am On Dec 27, 2014
smiley
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by agabaI23(m): 11:17am On Dec 27, 2014
OK this guy is playing with words. I did not see any denial on the pasted article unless it is in the embeded links.
Saying that non-muslims have nothing to fear does not translate to I will not islamise Nigeria.

Can he say by himself not through his spokesperson that he will never attempt to islamise Nigeria? It was not his spokesperson that said

“I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria”, he then added that; “God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country”

He should come openly to say he will not islamise Nigeria even if he will deny it later. let him tell us what has changed since he made that statement in 2001.....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by THUNDER4real(m): 11:18am On Dec 27, 2014
xtremrules:

You're quite sentimental. You make this comment because non of your relation or you have died due to boko-haram activities. lol. what if such group starts as you plead and your life and your relative's is taken to warn Buahri will that be cool? ya I hope so. when things like this happen the masses suffer most not politicians. You could as well withdraw your comment and make intelligent argument.
Mr Intelligent argument, There is no way in this country that Buhari will become president tomorrow and a strong group will not emanate to scatter his govt., because he started it and this is a fact. Definitely the masses will suffer after-all the masses started suffering and dying when he said he will make the country ungovernable for GEJ.
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by Hegenjames(m): 11:22am On Dec 27, 2014
blemon44:
why is he denying it ?
he just want to get in power first

before he can extablish the evil that are in his heart

those people that are debunkin GEJ and supporting buhari
will soon turn against him
but it will be too late for them
...i support you man thats the fact..GEJ till 2019!
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by THUNDER4real(m): 11:22am On Dec 27, 2014
mikolo80:
nobody can make country ungovernable for GMB ,only the national assembly can impeach him
You are a big Joke, When citizens of a country have scattered and killed their leaders like Gadaffi, how much more small boys GMB, Let him enter their first and let's see how his govt is going to function...
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by Sheggy13(m): 11:23am On Dec 27, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Rotimi Fashakin is on his own. Buhari no get mouth?

Abeg allow Buhari to use him mouth talk'am for BBC Hausa Broadcasting Service

We need direct statement from the people's general. Nobody is interested in misquoting you directly or out of context this time around.

Shebi na job you want, start talking directly to us Nigerians, we no need proxies.
Even if he comes himself to announce it on all TV and radio stations in the country, people like you will call it publicity stunt and not change your mindset. There really is no need for him wasting his previous time.
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by Manspeaks(m): 11:23am On Dec 27, 2014
same here too, but I'll rather take the risk than vote 4 Jonathan again
If you live in the northern part of Nigeria you will not take the risk. Some of you saying you are supporting Buhari don't know anything about these northerners
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by THUNDER4real(m): 11:24am On Dec 27, 2014
PassingShot:

Frustration! dey kill me oooo grin grin
Tell us more.
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by inalegwu99(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2014
a fanatic is beta dan a monumental failure

1 Like

Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by Ngwakwe: 11:30am On Dec 27, 2014
berem:
He has said it with his mouth below in this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2063337/exclusive-why-ill-win-time/1

I wasted my time going through those long paragraphs and searching to see the exact excerpt from the interview but couldn't

Please, can you help me reproduce the interview with embolden references to satisfy my curiosity?
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by Djmamman(m): 11:32am On Dec 27, 2014
clevvermind:
Buhari is just a liar. He will fail in his mission.
As per our culture calling somebody a liar is an insult. in view of your quote you seemed to be in-decent and I have been advising you to stop insulting GMB is not good beside he don't even know you are doing it.
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by Acidosis(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2014
At this stage of his career, Buhari will deny ever been married just to get POWER.

Na those wey nor know am dey run after this terrorist the way chicks run after a grown up hen.
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by ogene007: 11:38am On Dec 27, 2014
inalegwu99:
Your comment shows how narrow minded and how uninformed you are. People like you are the type for whom history always repeats itself because they never learn from history. The good thing is that your type are amongst the insignificant minority else the line of Hitler and Mussolini would be controlling the world. Throughout human history, there has never be any prize to high to pay in order to guarantee civil liberties. People have had to die for it. Never again shall we be ruled by a man that sought to erode our basic rights through decrees 2 and 4. GEJ till 2019.
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by Drsmith01(m): 11:39am On Dec 27, 2014
9jii:
H
H for hausa
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by annibro(f): 11:39am On Dec 27, 2014
zudozz:
How many of us here recalled that obasanjo claimed 2 b a born again xtian when he came out of prison n was campaigning 4 d presidency? The fact that people are talking abt voting dis buhari guy shows u how confused n naive d Nigerian populace is. U all telling 29 years after babangida took over from him Nigeria as a country cannot produce a better candidate?

I know he will lose n when that happens. His nephews ll rape maim n kill innocent coppers in d North. I pray my relatives will not b victims becos I ve rejected evil. It ll only happen 2 sai buhari people (southerners n xtians who are supporting him).

Back 2 sender
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:45am On Dec 27, 2014
KingEbukasBlog:
Source : http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/24/buhari-denies-ethno-religious/
After being called a religious bigot and there are even claims that he has plans to Islamise Nigeria when elected as president. Former head of state , Muhammadu Buhari, has categorically dismissed these allegations . He declared that Nigeria remains his only constituency. The APC presidential candidate made this clarification in a statement issued by his spokesman, Rotimi Fashakin. The statement reads :

Buhari further expressed regret that the Nigerian state has become polarized along ethnic and religious lines as a result of cancerous infestation of the nation’s fabric by insurgency. He however restated his commitment to Nigeria’s indivisibility and indissolubility.

The statement reads further:

http://www.kingebuka.com/2014/12/buhari-denies-claims-that-he-has-plans.html
speaking from both sides of his mouth...liar
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:51am On Dec 27, 2014
inalegwu99:
read ur comment again, you'll probably see how silly ur reasoning is
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by ogene007: 11:53am On Dec 27, 2014
THUNDER4real:
You are a big Joke, When citizens of a country have scattered and killed their leaders like Gadaffi, how much more small boys GMB, Let him enter their first and let's see how his govt is going to function...
When the oil pipelines are blown up bringing crude oil exports to near zero, the local naira will become useless such that the foreign reserves will not last three months before evaporating, the government will resort to borrowing which is just to delay the total collapse of the government. Salaries of everybody will be owed, massive job losses will set in with all unions going on strike.People, the consequences are just unimaginable because the government will crumble is less than six months.In the face of all this, the likes of Tinubu and other APC noise makers will run away from the country to go and continue their noise making from abroad.People like you will start running to Uk and other foreign countries to go and be sleeping in train stations, looking for menial jobs to keep body and soul together.All these pro-APC and Buhari campaigners will simply vanish from social media.A victory for Buhari (God forbid), will quickly bring an end to this strange union called Nigeria. You people should be very careful.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by jimts(m): 11:58am On Dec 27, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Rotimi Fashakin is on his own. Buhari no get mouth?

Abeg allow Buhari to use him mouth talk'am for BBC Hausa Broadcasting Service

We need direct statement from the people's general. Nobody is interested in misquoting you directly or out of context this time around.

Shebi na job you want, start talking directly to us Nigerians, we no need proxies.

on the the day of presidential debate, we go know who get mouth. I dey even pray say GEJ go get legs to attend d debate not to even talk of mouth to speak for himself!
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by OLADD: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2014
barcanista:
Only a deranged fellow or an Ignorant sane fellow will say Muhammadu Buhari wants to Islamise Nigeria. As HoS he ran a secular government, so it will be as President
[color=#006600][/color]

If that's the case then your own insanity is beyond redemption. What do you infer from Buhari's statement that Muslims should only vote for those who will protect Islam? Is that a lie also? Your evil agenda and that of Buhari will never come to pass in Nigeria. In other words, Buhari WILL NOT rule this country again.
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by makzeze: 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
blemon44:
why is he denying it ?
he just want to get in power first

before he can extablish the evil that are in his heart

those people that are debunkin GEJ and supporting buhari
will soon turn against him
but it will be too late for them
Understand his statement. He is not saying sharia applies to all faiths in Nigeria. Sharia is for Muslims only so if you are a christian you have nothing to fear.
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by trapangels: 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
jimts:

on the the day of presidential debate, we go know who get mouth. I dey even pray say GEJ go get legs to attend d debate not to even talk of mouth to speak for himself!
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by F22RAPTOR(m): 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
KingEbukasBlog:
Source : http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/24/buhari-denies-ethno-religious/
After being called a religious bigot and there are even claims that he has plans to Islamise Nigeria when elected as president. Former head of state , Muhammadu Buhari, has categorically dismissed these allegations . He declared that Nigeria remains his only constituency. The APC presidential candidate made this clarification in a statement issued by his spokesman, Rotimi Fashakin. The statement reads :

Buhari further expressed regret that the Nigerian state has become polarized along ethnic and religious lines as a result of cancerous infestation of the nation’s fabric by insurgency. He however restated his commitment to Nigeria’s indivisibility and indissolubility.

The statement reads further:

http://www.kingebuka.com/2014/12/buhari-denies-claims-that-he-has-plans.html
the crude attempts made to rebrand an otherwise ethno-religious bigot, who the boko haram mentioned as a credible negotiator and who makes conflicting comments to the media depending on the situation on ground is a big fail. a leopard can never lose its spots no matter the intensity of the rainfall. GMB is a disaster
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by Galadimabawa: 12:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
I dout
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by ideyvexnow: 12:16pm On Dec 27, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin

lonelydora:
Buhari as an army man is different from Buhari as a civilian.
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by wildikeman(m): 12:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
Sylvarresta:
My incoming president, don't waste time on those saTANists jawe, we trust u
Sai Buhari
U R MAD
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by chosen124: 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2014

Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by wildikeman(m): 12:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
TunjiMsp:
Buhari never said sharia should be accepted all over the country, but should be recognised by law Of the country so that who choose to be tried in a sharia court can have his or her request granted
na so e deu start na. He speaks like an extremist and a Jihadist. Trust me when he enters we xristians are in truoble. He would introduce the madrassa school in every nigerian corner and federalise it
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by F22RAPTOR(m): 12:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
makzeze:
Understand his statement. He is not saying sharia applies to all faiths in Nigeria. Sharia is for Muslims only so if you are a christian you have nothing to fear.
listen to yourself mr man; have you ever seen a law that doesn't apply to everyone in a country as long as they are residing there? do you know what will happen to a Christian caught carrying a Bible in Saudi Arabia? can you go and drink alcohol in northern Nigeria claiming it doesn't affect you cause u are a christian? do you know what will happen to someone smoking in a foreign country where it has been banned? can they claim that it doesn't apply to them because they are immigrants?...stop being deluded.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by THUNDER4real(m): 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
ogene007:

When the oil pipelines are blown up bringing crude oil exports to near zero, the local naira will become useless such that the foreign reserves will not last three months before evaporating, the government will resort to borrowing which is just to delay the total collapse of the government. Salaries of everybody will be owed, massive job losses will set in with all unions going on strike.People, the consequences are just unimaginable because the government will crumble is less than six months.In the face of all this, the likes of Tinubu and other APC noise makers will run away from the country to go and continue their noise making from abroad.People like you will start running to Uk and other foreign countries to go and be sleeping in train stations, looking for menial jobs to keep body and soul together.All these pro-APC and Buhari campaigners will simply vanish from social media.A victory for Buhari (God forbid), will quickly bring an end to this strange union called Nigeria. You people should be very careful.
Sorry are you out of your senses? Do you know the meaning of the word "pro", By the way its people like you and your family will run to Ghana/cotonu and sleep under bridges and motor parks, U.K is too far for you.
Re: Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected by F22RAPTOR(m): 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
chosen124:
my God, the resemblance is striking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amaechi Destroys PMB, Says President Doesn't Listen To Anybody Doesn't Read-Reno / EndSARS: A Tale Of Two Governors, Jide Sanwo-Olu And Seyi Makinde / Snatch Ballot Box, Pay With Your Life, Buhari Declares ON February 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.