Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

New Helmet Rule In Lagos - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Helmet Rule In Lagos (15786 Views)

New FRSC Rule On Drivers License / Share Your Helmet Experiences Here! Whether Good Bad Or Ugly! / Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by tkb417(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2009
Some folk are actually saying the chances of injury, wearing a proper helmet are greater than having heads exposed, and being thrown off a bike.
Where do such statistics come from?
I take it the research done worldwide into head reduction injury / death from head injury is all a sham, and those that say you're more likely to be killed if a proper helmet is worn are correct?

Personally, I couldn't care less, it's your head, not mine.
I'm not using a taxi bike.

[b]I give up![/[/b]quote]
good!!! you live out there not here so the people here should know berra.
do u get? takia

its actually funny to read from those who don't know how things are in this country. please, go look at the helmets before u make mouth and don't speak oyinbo here.
if for some reasons there are stats in the developed world to show how helmets reduce the chances of injuries after accidents, then will it be enough to say stuffs like that will work in Nigeria? the last time i checked, no one is going to use helmets to kidnap people abroad. grin grin
i insist, the harm will be more than any form of myopic good that must have brought about the 'unnecessary' policy

Good point its from FRSC, they are doing their work i guess, but if i say i don't know wear it because of personal reasons, then let the consequences be borne by me abi wetin sef? do they arrest people for committing suicide? grin

get us the life transforming policies!! we want the social overhead capitals tremendously and adequately provided not some obnoxious and counter-productive shitniz that we have been seeing in Nigeria!!

rubbbbissshhh!!!
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by UNLEASHED(m): 11:22am On Jan 06, 2009
sun_temi:

I can't help but keep laughing. You guys need to see comedy shows happening on Lagos road all in the name of Helment Policy.

Yesterday a man had to put Newspaper on his head before wearing a helment.

Sorry I forgot to wish u guys a Happy new year first not my fault really, I was carried away with thi Helment issue. So many so many drama to come.

Can't stop laughing
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 06, 2009
@ tkb417:

Yes, I may live out here.

A skull smashed against the ground hard enough will break that said head.

Doesn't matter if the skull is Nigerian, American, British, Afghanistan etc.
The results are the same.
A proper helmet can prevent / reduce the risk of injury / death regardless of which country it's worn in.

Last time I checked too, no helmet had been used to kidnap anyone in Nigeria either.
Unless you can provide real proof, of someone that "dissappeared" through wearing a helmet?

For a country such as Nigeria with very strong religious morals, you guys seem to believe more in "witchcraft" than in God himself.
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by Omolola1(f): 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2009
This helmet policy thing sha, na wa o! grin
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by tkb417(m): 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2009
@ tkb417:

Yes, I may live out here.

A skull smashed against the ground hard enough will break that said head.

Doesn't matter if the skull is Nigerian, American, British, Afghanistan etc.
The results are the same.
A proper helmet can prevent / reduce the risk of injury / death regardless of which country it's worn in.

Last time I checked too, no helmet had been used to kidnap anyone in Nigeria either.
Unless you can provide real proof, of someone that "dissappeared" through wearing a helmet?

For a country such as Nigeria with very strong religious morals, you guys seem to believe more in "witchcraft" than in God himself.

kai!! u know one thing about you,
you will never give up grin grin i don know u tey tey for this

ok, i agree with you but if i find myself on a bike, i wouldnt want that thing on ma head. ill look funny

read up, people are now putting newspapers on their head b4 wearing it, isnt that funny

On a serious note, its a laudable idea but some of us dont want it so can there be some compromise from the FRSC people? grin
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by lasmiles(f): 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2009
hmmmm, i really do not know how helmets are going to work, but as for me, maybe i will buy mine if i have to continue taking bykes, cos hygienically its not good and u nevr can tell about this ritualist , it might just be a new meansd for them
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by tkb417(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2009
hmmmm, i really do not know how helmets are going to work, but as for me, maybe i will buy mine if i have to continue taking bykes, because hygienically its not good and u nevr can tell about this ritualist , it might just be a new meansd for them
u want to be carrying helmets to ur boifees place lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by Kaestro(m): 12:35pm On Jan 06, 2009
I take the promulgation of this law to be a preamble into resolving or alleviating the worrisome transportation system we have otherwise it's a right move in the wrong direction.Obviously this stems for congestion, a result of mass migration to this small city called Lagos.As much as I'd like to commend the efforts of the govt in ensuring safe measures are adhered to while using okadas I still think the main focus is diverted from the core issues which could ultimately make living in Lagos a bit more comfy.
This issues as listed below are all entwined,intricate but resolvable:
Employment should be created while emphasis is made on trade and manufacturing e.g Gather all shoemenders and put them in a factory- you've got a job from a major shoe manufacturer.
Another thing is the lack of relations & good communication within each state. If the states can partner and work together in creating a working enviroment at border towns we'll have cross/inter state flow of labour.eg you can commute 4rm neigbouring towns & cities into Lagos & out without having to reside there.
One of the best and fastest mode of transportation is the metro system.A line that runs from the outskirts & towns of Lagos will ease the congestion on the highways reducing the use of roads to a minimum.
Power, I should have mentioned first is the base and soul of any business activity without this there'll be no jobs.All this will disallow every Ibrahim,jude,sunday,Segun to join Charly Boy's club as a means of survival.
Ok at this moment I'm starting to feel like the common 9ja man whinging and analysing politics so I'll stop.

There should be proper alternatives for every law passed to cushion its effect on those that will be seriously affected.On a scale of 1-10 the move is a 2.
Spits and moves on thinking of how to arrange a moped for personal use.(and yes wear helmets)

Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by Kaestro(m): 12:37pm On Jan 06, 2009
Who's up for mopeds.I'd rather buy that with my helmet than use the same one a painter just used.
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by bronxdog: 12:37pm On Jan 06, 2009
Nigerians reason like monkeys -

What has protecting yourself from injury got to do with all these rubbish?
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by tkb417(m): 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2009
Nigerians reason like monkeys -

What has protecting yourself from injury got to do with all these rubbish?
im sure ure from Mogadishu abi. . . at least we dont do genocide here
how do they reason in somalia, like ewure(goats)

i hope ure not a Nigerian cos ur papa and co na monkey dem be
olodo
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by bronxdog: 1:06pm On Jan 06, 2009
tkb417:

I'm sure ure from Mogadishu abi. . . at least we don't do genocide here
how do they reason in somalia, like ewure(goats)

i hope ure not a Nigerian because ur papa and co na monkey them be
olodo

You can call all members of your family to come kiss my arse one after the other, your father first.
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by tkb417(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2009
You can call all members of your family to come kiss my arse one after the other, your father first.
grin grin grin grossss

next serious poster plsss. . . .i dont do twerps cool
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by Kaestro(m): 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2009
wink
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by Kaestro(m): 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2009
If the statement about monkeys is true does that mean monkeys have an equivalent of nairaland? Do they discuss twigs and branches with thorns and the possible introduction of gloves? Just curious.
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by stave9ja(m): 2:09pm On Jan 06, 2009
Kaestro:

If the statement about monkeys is true does that mean monkeys have an equivalent of nairaland? Do they discuss twigs and branches with thorns and the possible introduction of gloves? Just curious.

yes oh it looks like monkeys have theres too

naira = banana

land = trees

i.e www.bananatrees.com

and it also looks as if some monkeys mistakenly miss there way into nairaland,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[sub][/sub]only monkeys call others monkeys i should think
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by vicade(m): 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2009
I think the helmet rule is a good development and we should give it a benefit of a doubt of being adopted and implemented

However, Nigeria is a peculiar country. The issue of One chance in Buses is a classical example. Believe it or not, in less than two months, there might be rumours of ritualists using this new law as an advantage
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by stave9ja(m): 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2009
;d ;d ;d

Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by mayrho(m): 4:13pm On Jan 06, 2009
its 4 the riders safety so i tink we shud embrace it. u guys shud av seen me 2day the yeye construction helmet flew 2 d oda side of the street
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by tkb417(m): 5:51pm On Jan 06, 2009
its for the riders safety so i think we should embrace it. u guys should av seen me 2day the yeye construction helmet flew to the oda side of the street

hehehehehehe
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by goodguy(m): 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2009
I thought this rule was imposed nationwide? Because even here in Ile-Ife, Osun state, where I am at the moment, virtually all Okada riders now have their helmets on, not minding the fact that majority of them have the engineer's helmet though. grin
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by toba1909(m): 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2009
See what FRSC don cause for Naija.

Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by bigfather(m): 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by bronxdog: 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2009
Even the monkey in that picture found it necessary to wear his helmet tight - by that reasoning, I concludethat Nigerians are worse than monkeys in reasoning.
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by MeGaStReEt: 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2009
2009 POLICY

PEOPLE GO VANISH TIRE FOR LAGOSSSS

@ LIST LAGOS GO KOM REDUCE, NA WETIN DEM DEY FYN BE THAT
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by igwe11(m): 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2009
toba1909:

See what FRSC don cause for Naija.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by pspeak: 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2009
The health implication issue is a serious one. However, you may want get yourself a designated handkerchief, which you must wash with a disinfectant daily. And , don't forget to note the side of the hanky touching your skin and the side touching the helmet.
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by Bunnie(m): 8:24am On Jan 07, 2009
wearing helmets will not change d way these okada riders ride their bikes bt i think its a step forward
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by pator(m): 9:10am On Jan 07, 2009
Can you imagine Nija's ingenuity

Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by pator(m): 9:12am On Jan 07, 2009
Can you imagine Nija's ingenuity

Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2009
^^^ Ingenuity?

I see that making us look like a nation of idiots.

And don't bother saying we need to be educated more - even an idiot child knows a 5-litre paint bucket, and a hollow construction hard hat will do nothing to protect the skull, in the event of being thrown off a bike.
Re: New Helmet Rule In Lagos by oluwdashmi(f): 10:36am On Jan 07, 2009
Can you imagine? But this guy has a helmet with him now!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Numbers To Call To Verify The Validity Of Your Driving Licence - FRSC / 8 Ways You're Ruining Your Car Without Realizing It / Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.