Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802555 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2021
Lastly, as regards the new development for Visit visa(decision takes btw 14 and 30days), I went through it and observed
1. I need to be fully vaccinated
2. I need to write and confirm from IRCC if I am qualified

Since this is faster, I want to give it a try. Besides 1&2 what other things are required of me?

Pls help a brother so I can have a good knowledge of it or stick to my SOWP.

@Sam4774, @Lianna2020 et al.

sam4774:
apologies to anybody in my dm's about this visitor visa/spousal open work permit thing. i am extremely busy and not in Naija so time difference is also a factor, i will take pains to properly explain right now and also to encourage discussions on the thread so more people have knowledge and for the growth of this thread as too many discussions have started going offline.

I AM NOT A GURU

spousal open work permit or any work permit applied to Canada from Nigeria takes 29 weeks according to IRCC and can take even more time. visitor visa re-uniting a direct family member that is either a permanent resident or temporary resident (student/worker) decision takes between 14-30 business days.
if you had a visitor visa application before september 7th you will have to reapply and raise a webform.

the instructions are here--https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

and the webform that should be raised after making the new visitor visa application for them to expedite your visitor visa and treat it faster is here --https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis

spousal open work permit is a temporary class resident application and visitor visa is thesame i very much doubt that counts as dual intent if you have both of them running at thesame time. this is my personal opinion i am not a VO, but an application that takes maximum 30 days as opposed to an application that can take up to 8 months or more it is pretty obvious which one is more reasonable.

in canada a sowp can be applied for on arrival or when settled in canada.

please follow the links for clearer understanding.

peace

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
Please can I send you a PM?

AnakleCampaigns:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hi, this fully vaccinated thing isnt that big a deal to be honest and anything that is making you have a sowp in progress means that you have a spouse in Canada therefore you are qualified for this. please dont waste your time emailing IRCC they love to discourage people. This IRCC race only favours the brave, people that act quick once they see and confirm information from IRCC. please apply for your visit visa use the exact documents you used for SOWP except more recent bank details and also an updated letter of intent. please do the excemption thing afterwards to draw their attention to your application quicker.
SOWP is saying 58 weeks so please attain your visit visa and go and flagpole the SOWP in Canada! goodluck and God will make it easy for you in Jesus name

Safetysmile:
Lastly, as regards the new development for Visit visa(decision takes btw 14 and 30days), I went through it and observed
1. I need to be fully vaccinated
2. I need to write and confirm from IRCC if I am qualified

Since this is faster, I want to give it a try. Besides 1&2 what other things are required of me?

Pls help a brother so I can have a good knowledge of it or stick to my SOWP.

@Sam4774, @Lianna2020 et al.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Erudensi(f): 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
@Sam4774, pls are you advising those that has already submitted SOWP to also apply for a visiting visa. Can this two run concurrently?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Erudensi(f): 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2021
@Sam4774, pls are you advising those that has already submitted SOWP to also apply for a visiting visa. Can this two run concurrently?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
Let me first start by saying e jor i didn't advise anybody we are all adults, i answered the persons question. nobody should hold me accountable for what happens to them.
However they are both temporary permit applications and dual intent is when you apply for 2 different classes of applications. they are both same class and you are expected to leave at the end of both of these applications.Finally me sef i did it waiting for a decision i will let you know how it goes when i get it. SOWP is reading 58 weeks to get a decision, i will not spend Christmas away from my spouse and waiting for IRCC to answer that SOWP will amount to that.

Erudensi:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2021
sam4774:
Let me first start by saying e jor i didn't advise anybody we are all adults, i answered the persons question. nobody should hold me accountable for what happens to them.
However they are both temporary permit applications and dual intent is when you apply for 2 different classes of applications. they are both same class and you are expected to leave at the end of both of these applications.Finally me sef i did it waiting for a decision i will let you know how it goes when i get it. SOWP is reading 58 weeks to get a decision, i will not spend Christmas away from my spouse and waiting for IRCC to answer that SOWP will amount to that.

Its actually 87 weeks
58 weeks is old o
It is well
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2021
wow i just went to confirm, thats almost 2 years!!! nawa oo

Anndav:

Its actually 87 weeks
58 weeks is old o
It is well
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 9:22pm On Nov 27, 2021
sam4774:
wow i just went to confirm, thats almost 2 years!!! nawa oo

Don't be discouraged

Maybe it's a plan to stop us from using webform all the time

Am sure it will go down as rapidly as it went up
Kenya self is 60 weeks
After all they have not been accurate with processing time projection
So nothing to worry about, lets keep praying
It will end in praise laslas

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
Yes I called their client support center last week and the guy that answered was telling me that the processing times are not accurate at all cause they are just a mess. So as we speak he cannot give me a timeframe.

Anndav:

Don't be discouraged

Maybe it's a plan to stop us from using webform all the time

Am sure it will go down as rapidly as it went up
Kenya self is 60 weeks
After all they have not been accurate with processing time projection
So nothing to worry about, lets keep praying
It will end in praise laslas
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hmmmm that might be something. I will ask the IRCC liaison officer in my school if that is allowed and get back to you on if that is allowed.
sam4774:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hmmmm that might be something. I will ask the IRCC liaison officer in my school if that is allowed and get back to you on if that is allowed
sam4774:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 1:34am On Nov 28, 2021
Waooh, big thanks.
GOD bless you!

I don't hv a pending SOWP, let me just go for the visit visa in faith.

sam4774:
Hi, this fully vaccinated thing isnt that big a deal to be honest and anything that is making you have a sowp in progress means that you have a spouse in Canada therefore you are qualified for this. please dont waste your time emailing IRCC they love to discourage people. This IRCC race only favours the brave, people that act quick once they see and confirm information from IRCC. please apply for your visit visa use the exact documents you used for SOWP except more recent bank details and also an updated letter of intent. please do the excemption thing afterwards to draw their attention to your application quicker.
SOWP is saying 58 weeks so please attain your visit visa and go and flagpole the SOWP in Canada! goodluck and God will make it easy for you in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 1:40am On Nov 28, 2021
If am not mistaken, it was visit visa that was having scary application duration before now.
Sudden swap!!

Anndav:

Its actually 87 weeks
58 weeks is old o
It is well
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emmasonic4me: 9:43am On Nov 28, 2021
Reseptie:
Its PPRRRRRR OOOO

Thank you Jesus, oh thank you Jesus.

I applied for SOWP for myself and Visitor's visa for my son , submitted when my spouse was still in Nigeria and he left for Canada August. Even though, I read on here to wait till he gets to Canada but i just did not want to take chances and backed it up with prayers,trust me i got tired most of the time because of the wait. Anyhoo... God has done it oooooh.

The week my spouse travelled, he sent me his study permit and i uploaded it for myself and my son via webform and also via email. After submission on the 1st of June, when my spouse got to Canada in August i added the following docs:

SIN

Study Permit

Timeline

June 1st Application Submitted (Mine and son)
June 4th Upfront medical updated (upfront medical)
November 19th. IRCC requested for additional docs (Birth Cert for my son and consent letter from his Dad to allow him travel with me)
November 23rd: BVL and PPR (was sent about 20mins apart)

Documents submitted

All IMM forms

Explanation letter for me

Letter of support from my spouse written separately for me and my son

Spouse stamped visa

Spouse 1st semester transcript/result

Marriage certs and some family pictures

Statement of account

Investment account

Admission letter for my spouse

Evidence of full tuition paid for my spouse

Son's birth cert

Letter from employer and pay slips

Medical slip (Updated medical)

Copies of our international passports, previous/current travel visas

Police clearance cert

My academic credentials

Resume

News paper publication for name change

Requested for 1st GCMS note in August received on the 30th of October in that GCMS note eligibility was blank, medical and criminality passed while my info sharing was still in progress

Second GCMS on the 27th of October yet to receive it

IRCC requested for consent letter and birth certificate for my son 19th of November ,sent same day

Eligibility review started for my son and I on the 19th of November

Sent all sorts of emails and enquiries contacted a couple of MPs (Kitchener and London Ontario sent enquiries to IRCC on our behalf too).The MP in London ,Ontario contacted IRCC for us in October and they came back to say they would finalize our application in January 2022 ,I said abi they were joking ni, well instead of getting mad at the messenger sebi na help he kuku do me. I took the response and processing time he mentioned to Jesus.

Before then, i requested for travel exemption for my son and I got an authorisation as per subject of the email in September 2021 for my son only. In the course of this application, i also renewed my Nigerian Passport because the one i applied with was meant to expire January 2022, after the renewal i updated it with a webform.

If your spouse has a Study TRV for now abeg apply ooooooooo ,i did and God did it for me and my son, he will do yours too.Waiting on God to come through was not easy, i was strong and weak at the same, seeing people share their testimonies here i did wonder when mine would land ,finally it has landed and i just want to say thank you to Abba Father.

I am writing this to encourage my peeps that are waiting because our peeps that shared their Sowp journey also encouraged me while I waited for mine. I would not say you should not worry cause arghh mo worry gan ni but try not to worry too much which I know is easier said than done and I prayed, I stopped praying and I continued praying again,God i prayedddddddddd .(KO FUNNY RARA)

It ended in praise and the lord crowned us with his goodness.

Congratulations! Favour shall follow you all the way to Canada.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2021
Can I contact you Pls?

sam4774:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
Visitor visas', 133days and not 14-30days?

Someone pls help my understanding, I have this week to decide and submit an application (SOWP or Visitor visa)...

@sam4774

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 7:47am On Nov 29, 2021
Safetysmile:
Visitor visas', 133days and not 14-30days?

Someone pls help my understanding, I have this week to decide and submit an application (SOWP or Visitor visa)...

@sam4774
TBH You are to make the decision yourself. SOWP is 87 weeks or so, Visitor's visa is 14-30 working days or more.

SOWP with TRV applications are processed faster unlike single SOWP applications. Just so you know processing time is not accurate for now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 10:08am On Nov 29, 2021
Sorry pls I'm learning wat is TBH & TRV

I read that the 14-30days visitor visa is for applicants that their immediate families have PR or under Indian Act status.

Thanks for responding.

lightswitch007:
TBH You are to make the decision yourself. SOWP is 87 weeks or so, Visitor's visa is 14-30 working days or more.

SOWP with TRV applications are processed faster unlike single SOWP applications. Just so you know processing time is not accurate for now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 10:32am On Nov 29, 2021
*TBH*: To Be Honest.
*TRV*: Temporary Resident Visa.

Safetysmile:
Sorry pls I'm learning wat is TBH & TRV

I read that the 14-30days visitor visa is for applicants that their immediate families have PR or under Indian Act status.

Thanks for responding.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 11:51am On Nov 29, 2021
Lianna2020:
I can’t wait to rejoice with you .

I can't wait to rejoice with you too....and if you are already in Canada I can't wait to meet you guys there and probably meet up

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
Noted with thanks.

What about my observation as regards visitor visas, I read that 14-30days is for people that are traveling to meet immediate family with PR or India Act Status. Or does it include SP residents too?

@ lightwitch007 @sam4774 @babybless44 and anyone with answer pls.

babybless44:
*TBH*: To Be Honest.
*TRV*: Temporary Resident Visa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
NEW TREND ALERT

Hello,

If you are applying with children who have American or other dual-citizenship that allows them travel to Canada visa free, (and you are applying for family visas from Nigeria), please ensure their foreign passport(s) are current and available to travel when the time comes. A recent pattern observed is that IRCC is no longer issuing PPR for such category of applicants. Instead they get approval straight while other family members with only Nigerian citizenship get PPR. The application process remains the same, and the suggested passport to use for this is still the Nigerian one but make sure the other one (scanned copy often included in their client info) remains valid.

Although the approval/correspondence letter always says American citizens don't need a passport to travel to Canada, that is ONLY if you are traveling from the US to Canada. No Nigerian, airline or custom officers will allow you travel with just that letter or other documents apart from a passport.

Finally, it is also possible to not include them as applicants in your family application except just having them as part of the family information, as long as they have valid US/eligible passports to travel visa free to Canada. I prefer to add them if you are in that situation because it is not impossible that their profile could help the fortune of other family members' application. Just a theory though.

Best of luck and it shall always end in praises!!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2021
Safetysmile:
Noted with thanks.

What about my observation as regards visitor visas, I read that 14-30days is for people that are traveling to meet immediate family with PR or India Act Status. Or does it include SP residents too?

@ lightwitch007 @sam4774 @babybless44 and anyone with answer pls.

Those who want to "unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily" can also apply on the new portal. Follow the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 5:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
i applied on the 11 of oct for sowp and visitors visa for my two kids. upfront medicals done 21st oct but has not been updated till now. i am also worried i did not put any covid exemption on the applications. any advice plss, should i use this new portal and do visitors visa for all of them again?

lightswitch007:

Those who want to "unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily" can also apply on the new portal. Follow the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ifychybrian: 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
Cynk:
i applied on the 11 of oct for sowp and visitors visa for my two kids. upfront medicals done 21st oct but has not been updated till now. i am also worried i did not put any covid exemption on the applications. any advice plss, should i use this new portal and do visitors visa for all of them again?

just relax they will answer you,I submitted on 8th October then did upfront medical on 21th October but they sent me .medical request on 22nd November and I sent a webform with my upfront medical and they uploaded it today.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HERSLEY(f): 12:22am On Nov 30, 2021
Coquette86 why are you still awake oo
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kossyablaze(m): 12:29am On Nov 30, 2021
Currently Reviewing Eligibility!!! It shall end in praise! With faith i declare, my PPR will drop between today and 15th of December 2021. So help me God.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 1:47am On Nov 30, 2021
kossyablaze:
Currently Reviewing Eligibility!!! It shall end in praise! With faith i declare, my PPR will drop between today and 15th of December 2021. So help me God.

May i ask what's your timeline? and if your application was just SOWP alone or with children?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 2:23am On Nov 30, 2021
Cynk:

Since you've filed your SOWP and TRV applications together, you just have to wait for an update. From the success stories of applicants on the group, joint applications (SOWP & TRV) gets process faster compared to applying SOWP alone.

Please Note check your GCkey often for updates. You may not get an email update from IRCC for changes in your application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stephblues(f): 3:13am On Nov 30, 2021
Amen o.

kossyablaze:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by GoldenCrown1160: 3:53am On Nov 30, 2021
Hello Family...please I got married few months ago in Nigeria. I sent message to IRCC to inform them about it and to update my status. Please where can I see the status in my IRCC account ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.