Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands (14210 Views)

Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike / Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands / Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by mustafar1: 12:12am On Feb 09, 2009
OYB as u old reach u still dey use LEGO play. ur mate dey build okada u dey here dey play with common lego. grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 09, 2009
no worry i go dey buy am for myself my pikin cheesy
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by spikedcylinder: 8:01am On Feb 09, 2009
Whats with the green stuff at the top? Is that like a mechanical all seeing, all knowing broom? tongue
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by ow11(m): 8:48am On Feb 09, 2009
His bare hands? Meaning he tore the metals with his fingers like Samson?

A typical Nigerian is praising deceit as long as the person is from his tribe then turns round to accuse another of tribalism.

No one is saying it is not impossible to cut and weld metals with BARE HANDS cheesy. They are just asking the ingenious poster to take a picture on his bike to prove it's a real bike.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Afam(m): 10:45am On Feb 09, 2009
As harsh as many of the questions may be they remain very valid.

If the original poster cannot defend what he claimed he built then his claim cannot be taken serious.

It is possible for him to build a bike but the picture and quality of information he provided thus far don't match.

In this case however, the "bike builder" has made it easy for anyone not to believe him so he has himself to blame (assuming he built anything anyway).

We cannot allow belief in Nigeria or patriotism confuse us and allow people who make unsubstantiated claims to have a field day.

Questions must be asked (and should be answered) and clarifications sought.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by meexteriox(m): 11:16am On Feb 09, 2009
I'm really enjoying this.
The entertainment is beyond my expectation.
And all this for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by honeric01(m): 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2009
This guy don suffer, if i were you, i would just say i was joking and that it was actually a robot mosquito you made grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by chidichris(m): 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2009
i v been watching cnn to see if there will be a nigerians with a beautiful bike but nothing till now.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by honeric01(m): 8:34pm On Feb 09, 2009
chidichris:

i v been watching cnn to see if there will be a nigerians with a beautiful bike but nothing till now.

Why go too far? you should tried to see if it was showed on OGTV or Galaxy television cheesy
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Hollysmile: 10:31pm On Feb 09, 2009
Hand made idiot.! You think you can fool all de people at all times, right?
Thank Jah i ain't dat dumb 2trust dat.
Na so ur hand perfect reach? Clear our doubtful minds by simply reposting doz pix wit u on em. You no wan try am cos u copied em pix,right?, Besides, What's dat written on de second pic, abi u 4get 2delete wetin de manufacturer write?
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by smurf1(f): 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2009
Great!. is it now on the market for sale @ Poster
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 09, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Whats with the green stuff at the top? Is that like a mechanical all seeing, all knowing broom? tongue

grin grin grin grin grin ahah spikey - u no sabi the death ray from the death star grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Gamine(f): 10:53pm On Feb 09, 2009
LOL

Bare Hands. . . .

And some one is still asking if Nigeria is a failed state
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EZEKWIBE(m): 11:00pm On Feb 09, 2009
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by mustafar1: 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2009
EZEKWIBE:

Hear are some few  information's on the bike, It runs on mixture of electricity and wind, the only petroleum product on the bike is grease and when in
motion it could get up to 160 kilometers per hour, though am working on increasing the speed. The battery life is not much,  approximately 3 hours,  am 
already working on a system that would make it possible  for current to be returned to recharge the battery as long as is in motion. This command would be
carried out  by series of census which informs the system that the battery is going down and then would trigger recharging process, wont be going further
here. In the finished state of it,  when attached to the bike, the 3  hours battery life it has now {which it uses in moving} would continue to regenerate as
long as it is in motion, or as  long it is on. In the long run you would only need to recharge it externally when you've not used it for few days.

can i ask you to please explain the boldened text? that would be greatly appreciated.

is it both battery and wind propelled? does get propelled by wind without the assistance of the battery powered motor? if yes, how does it fare when faced with a head wind?

you are gradually wiping the piss off my back.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EZEKWIBE(m): 11:11pm On Feb 09, 2009
@NINETOFIVE

Thanks a lot for having my back, all my respect good man, here are some information's on the bike below, thanks.

Afam:

As harsh as many of the questions may be they remain very valid.

If the original poster cannot defend what he claimed he built then his claim cannot be taken serious.

It is possible for him to build a bike but the picture and quality of information he provided thus far don't match.

In this case however, the "bike builder" has made it easy for anyone not to believe him so he has himself to blame (assuming he built anything anyway).

We cannot allow belief in Nigeria or patriotism confuse us and allow people who make unsubstantiated claims to have a field day.

Questions must be asked (and should be answered) and clarifications sought.

While some of the questions might be valid, would you also agree with me that it could be solicited in a civilized manner, or one could find oneself trading insults with Area boys,  am not really here for that. Though I 've not been on this forum for long, but I can see the forum is stingy in terms of rational thinking people. I always  appreciate a state of mutual harmony, friendship, and respect. You do understand that even if I gave out all the information's from the unset people would still behave the way they do, you cant change the fact that people's attitude sometimes affects their behaviour which is always save not to allow it affect your sensibility.

Hear are some few  information's on the bike, It runs on mixture of electricity and wind, the only petroleum product on the bike is grease and when in motion it could get up to 160 kilometers per hour, though am working on increasing the speed. The battery life is not much,  approximately 3 hours,  am  already working on a system that would make it possible  for current to be returned to recharge the battery as long as is in motion. This command  would be carried out  by series of census which informs the system that the battery is going down and then would trigger recharging process, wont be going further here. In the finished state of it,  when attached to the bike, the 3  hours battery life it has now {which it uses in moving} would continue to regenerate as long as it is in motion, or as  long it is on. In the long run you would only need to recharge it externally when you've not used it for few days.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EZEKWIBE(m): 11:30pm On Feb 09, 2009
must_a_far:

can i ask you to please explain the boldened text? that would be greatly appreciated.

is it both battery and wind propelled? does get propelled by wind without the assistance of the battery powered motor? if yes, how does it fare when faced with a head wind?

you are gradually wiping the piss off my back.

they are both complimentary, I made in a way that one could not work without the other, the issue of head wind is not a problem, because it uses wind power in complement with electricity in gaining momentum and at the same time sucks wind.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by honeric01(m): 11:36pm On Feb 09, 2009
uhmmm
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EZEKWIBE(m): 11:38pm On Feb 09, 2009
Besides, What's dat written on de second pic, abi u 4get 2delete wetin de manufacturer write?

Those are protection, the numbers are some particular code.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by luka1981(m): 11:47pm On Feb 09, 2009
@poster, please start telling us that the body was brought from other places and fixed by you otherwise we cannot believe you since the body of you invention looks too nice and professionally carved, not with hand
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EZEKWIBE(m): 12:05am On Feb 10, 2009
luka1981:

@poster, please start telling us that the body was brought from other places and fixed by you otherwise we cannot believe you since the body of you invention looks too nice and professionally carved, not with hand

I 've never believed in re inventing the wheel or going back to the stone age, technology has gotten to a very high standard, so I try to catch up, every thing on the bike is original and hand made, with tools of course, if it looks too nice, I would probably take that as a compliment.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Kenezi: 1:10am On Feb 10, 2009
Is this supposed to be full size or are those images of a miniature prototype?
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Feb 10, 2009
@Poster, I have asked you to present your case in a more structured and organized manner already. I don’t know if you know this but some of us on here areEngineers, and it takes more than just bad images to convince us. Give us something good to bite on here.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by NINETOFIVE(m): 4:49am On Feb 10, 2009
Thanks a lot for having my back, all my respect good man, here are some information's on the bike below, thanks.

Thank you, smiley
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by NINETOFIVE(m): 5:14am On Feb 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, I have asked you to present your case in a more structured and organized manner already. I don’t know if you know this but most of us on here areEngineers, and it takes more than just bad images to convince us. Give us something good to bite on here.

Naw! most of us are actually not Engineers, most of us are Astronauts, which is why most of our posts are so in depth and organised with robotic precision. Is just too glaring not to see.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by bawomolo(m): 5:33am On Feb 10, 2009
Hear are some few information's on the bike, It runs on mixture of electricity and wind, the only petroleum product on the bike is grease

grease is a petroleum product?

how do you mix electricity and wind?
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Jakumo(m): 6:56am On Feb 10, 2009
Bawo, please stop insisting that every detail of this landmark invention must be explicated in rigorous detail.

The motorcycle is obviously fitted with a huge mast and sail, similar to the giant canvas sails that festooned those wooden pirate schooners of yore, such that pollution-free propulsion can be generated by the trade winds which howl down the streets of Lagos with a ferocity that frequently knocks over buildings.  To facilitate smooth sailing, the wind-motorcycle and its rider must be coated with generous amounts of thick axle-grease, to reduce the aerodynamic drag coefficient, while also disguising the rider's true identity.   Beyond these general principles, no further design specifics can be issued at this time.

I KNOW you will not confess here to being jealous of the fact that someone else other than you has finally discovered a way of  harnessing those awesome forces of nature - The Trade Winds of Lagos.

Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Afam(m): 8:13am On Feb 10, 2009
EZEKWIBE:

While some of the questions might be valid, would you also agree with me that it could be solicited in a civilized manner, or one could find oneself trading insults with Area boys,  am not really here for that. Though I 've not been on this forum for long, but I can see the forum is stingy in terms of rational thinking people. I always  appreciate a state of mutual harmony, friendship, and respect. You do understand that even if I gave out all the information's from the unset people would still behave the way they do, you cant change the fact that people's attitude sometimes affects their behaviour which is always save not to allow it affect your sensibility.

Thanks for your post. However, I still believe that you do not sound convincing at all based on the description and comments thus far. Things like mixture of electricity and wind in reality don't make sense without explaining what you have done (or planned to do).

We build inverters locally, my office has been without generator for 5 years now and we have built and installed for Nigerians in different parts of Nigeria.

Because these inverters are locally built (buying basic components) they are not as fine as those that come from automated manufacturing processes but they are very rugged, reliable and even more expensive.

People have seen it, people are using it.

So, the picture of this bike is certainly not enough to convince anyone that it was indeed built by you.

EZEKWIBE:

Hear are some few  information's on the bike, It runs on mixture of electricity and wind, the only petroleum product on the bike is grease and when in motion it could get up to 160 kilometers per hour, though am working on increasing the speed. The battery life is not much,  approximately 3 hours,  am  already working on a system that would make it possible  for current to be returned to recharge the battery as long as is in motion. This command  would be carried out  by series of census which informs the system that the battery is going down and then would trigger recharging process, wont be going further here. In the finished state of it,  when attached to the bike, the 3  hours battery life it has now {which it uses in moving} would continue to regenerate as long as it is in motion, or as  long it is on. In the long run you would only need to recharge it externally when you've not used it for few days.

Have you used this bike and tested the 160 kilometers per hour or are you saying this based on calculations on paper? This battery, do you remove it, take it to the battery charger to recharge or what? Any charge controller? How do you harness wind power?

What is the capacity of the battery? What voltage? What ampere hour?

If Nigerians cannot see this and you cannot provide information that can be verified on your claims and comments I am afraid that you will not get the type of responses that you expect.

Enjoy and take care.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Hollysmile: 8:42am On Feb 10, 2009
NINETOFIVE, abi wetin be ur name. Why are u so confused, u ar soundin weird. Anyway, u ar not my point.
Dis idiot street mechanic claimin he made a bike wit his bare hands, all we need is jus a photo of u on ur bike, beside it and ur workshop. I bet u, all dis criticism wil stop and congratulatory messages will begin 2bump in, Tellin up how it works is not de point,besides one may copy ur concept. Jus de pix. BENI!
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by honeric01(m): 9:01am On Feb 10, 2009
You would be doing alot to your defence if you just post a picture of yourself Near the bike or something similar to that, don't you think so?
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Ibime(m): 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2009
EZEKWIBE:

Hear are some few  information's on the bike, It runs on mixture of electricity and wind, the only petroleum product on the bike is grease and when in motion it could get up to 160 kilometers per hour, though am working on increasing the speed.

How can you achieve 160km/h with that small tyre? Liar!

The torque needed to generate 160km/h will break the axle.

Besides, you cannot generate enough alternative energy to make those small tyres run at 160km/h. Not even Harley Davidson can do that.

And why does the front tyre have no grip? Must be a toy.

Go and sell your tall tale elsewhere.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by texazzpete(m): 12:42pm On Feb 10, 2009
Ibime:

How can you achieve 160km/h with that small tyre? Liar!

The torque needed to generate 160km/h will break the axle.

Besides, you cannot generate enough alternative energy to make those small tyres run at 160km/h. Not even Harley Davidson can do that.

And why does the front tyre have no grip? Must be a toy.

Go and sell your tall tale elsewhere.

He claims to have built the bike with his bare hands. Where did he fit high capacity batteries? Unless he's using custom made batteries (which i doubtful as he's said he did it all on his own) there should be a pretty angular bulge for them.
It's funny how he has so far failed to provide any photo with something beside it we can use for scaling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Calculate Fuel Consumption In Your Car Using Innoson G5 As A Case-study / Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? / Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.