Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,577 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands (14215 Views)

Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike / Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands / Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by spikedcylinder: 5:54am On Feb 07, 2009
The question still remains: How/where did you build it?
I believe any true craftsman would be proud to brag about the intricacies of his/her inventions.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Jakumo(m): 6:39am On Feb 07, 2009
The naysayers and disgruntled elements are at work again, expressing doubt about the authenticity of the claim made by the gentleman who downloaded a picture of a child's toy motorcycle in order to declare that the matchbox toy is full-sized and home-made in his backyard.  So what, if all "work in progress" pictures and equipment details are a closely guarded trade secret ?

I find these unpatriotic comments very distressing indeed, in light of the fact that my own home-built aircraft is nearing completion and undergoing preliminary flight tests, as shown in the picture below, which also illustrates the capabilities of the plane for paratroop transport into war zones.

Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Sapphic: 7:03am On Feb 07, 2009
EZEKWIBE:

I made this motorbike with my bare hands, and it runs on alternative energy, Is very unfortunate that our local technology has not been receiving the push it deserves, but eventually I know we would get there,  well I won't bore you with all the blah blah. I only have this one question, is it not time we start looking inward?

Unfortunately, I am one of those who actually doubts the authenticity of your claims. However, only you can know if your claims are true or not. All i can advise you to de is ensure you register the patent of your product. Also, contact the main universities that have renowned engineering faculties in the US, the UK and Japan, you'll be shocked at how many will offer you a full scholarship, as well as some deal that would see them take the lion's share (of course), but which would bring the a more polished finished product to the market, with you getting some sort of royalty. Obviously, this is no longer new technology, but I believe that they will appreciate your potential if nothing else (especially working with limited resources and materials).

Whether your claims are true or otherwise, I wish you the best.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by texazzpete(m): 7:41am On Feb 07, 2009
NINETOFIVE:

Listen Mr no talent piece of shyte, I know what people can do armed with ingenuity, Just accept this whole thing is over your head, The premise of your write up, gave away your level of understanding of the particular subject being discussed here, immediately you see this motor bike, you will know is handmade, the only thing I can deduce from all the arrant nonsense you are spewing here is that you have a problem with the fact that this motor bike he made is not on mediocre level you brain would have been able to identify with, when the guy said he made the stuff with his bare hand, what I do understand by that is that he made the stuff almost out of nothing. You don't need to have a state of the art workshop to do wonders some times, bill gate come up with Microsoft in his family garage, during the second world war, the Germans were building their cars manually.

Yeah the massage am getting is that you and almost all your kings men are all bigots, and it clouds your rational thought processes.

Your superior unavailable intellectual capabilities does not tell you that it would have been the way the guy presented the motor bike, picture like that are simply taken by spreading white piece of clothe on the ground, the scale of the bike is not the problem here, it could be full size motorbike or prototype, a smart person would have politely asked the guy the guy to either supply more photograph or more information on the bike, Rather you chose to come in here to hull abuses on the guy, if his name was Olakunle would you and your kinsmen have behaved the way you did, is so typical of you guys, you are ugly inside and out.

must I explain every to you in black and white? mumu, suegbe oloorun.

You mean you were able to type all this even with a straightjacket on? That's impressive!!

Sorry to burst your bubble, little man, but i'm not Yoruba. Not even close. And even if i were, i'm probably the most detribalised Nigerian ever grin

I actually find your ill-advised rants funny now, so please hit me with your best shot. Every time you open your mouth, you appear more deranged and harm yourself far more than you do me.

spikedcylinder:

The question still remains: How/where did you build it?
I believe any true craftsman would be proud to brag about the intricacies of his/her inventions.

EXACTLY!! it was not flesh and blood that revealed this to you! By now he should have been talking about the mpg, the top speed, torque, cost of building etc. he should have been showing more photos, more proof that this is real.
I think it's just a guy out to have fun with this hoax. When he finally confesses NINETOFIVE will be left with egg on his face
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by luka1981(m): 2:11pm On Feb 07, 2009
please my people, be reasonable and logical,this is the greatest lie in nairaland. i only want to recognise the people that accepted it so that i will not argue with them any time i come accross them. you have just two reasons to agree with the poster (1) that you are the poster in disguise (2) that you are a big fool.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by chidichris(m): 2:41pm On Feb 07, 2009
@poster,
please respect urself.
why are u behaving like this? do u know that what u have out there can be compared to harvey davisson? do u know the worth of ur self-acclaimed handwork?
if you really did that in reality, and if that thing is not a toy, i bet you, we can only have knowledge of you and that product via CNN, BBC or the discovery channels.
no nigerian station will have access to u and ur work talkless of nairaland.
please if u claim to be a manufacturer, let us know ur names and contact deatils to see how we can key into this new developmet in nigeria but if u are part of the fraudulent moves in nairaland, i ask u to go ahead and change ur id for ur own good.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by SkyBlue1: 2:47pm On Feb 07, 2009
Jakumo:

The naysayers and disgruntled elements are at work again, expressing doubt about the authenticity of the claim made by the gentleman who downloaded a picture of a child's toy motorcycle in order to declare that the matchbox toy is full-sized and home-made in his backyard.  So what, if all "work in progress" pictures and equipment details are a closely guarded trade secret ?

I find these unpatriotic comments very distressing indeed, in light of the fact that my own home-built aircraft is nearing completion and undergoing preliminary flight tests, as shown in the picture below, which also illustrates the capabilities of the plane for paratroop transport into war zones.

@Jakumo, can we exchange notes on flight logistics, material sourcing, funding opportunities, etc, for i am actually building a rocket ship in my backyard. It might be mutually beneficial if we "compare notes". By the way, is that you in the picture walking on air? Now we definately have to compare notes, I need the number of your babalawo (he must be industry approved of course) don't want the committee getting on my back again.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Jakumo(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2009
Thank you for pointing out my documented success at defying gravity, Sky Blue.   

Walking on air, as I demonstrated for about 3 seconds in the above picture before re-entering the flight deck of my jet for the aquatic phase of the demonstration, is but a prelude to my perfecting the more exacting and advanced techniques of magical Juju-portation, which by definition require no vehicle, though that breakthrough will sadly render obsolete cars, planes, trains and many other fixtures of contemporary Western life.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by chidichris(m): 9:19pm On Feb 07, 2009
@poster,
you have brought shame to urself, your immediate family and relatives including ur community.
well, since everybody is into manufacturing, i won't be left out hence i v decided to orgnise one small chopper for myself to avoid the traffic wahala here in lagos.
this piece works with pure water.

1 Like

Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by SkyBlue1: 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2009
chidichris:

@poster,
you have brought shame to urself, your immediate family and relatives including ur community.
well, since everybody is into manufacturing, i won't be left out hence i v decided to orgnise one small chopper for myself to avoid the traffic wahala here in lagos.
this piece works with pure water.

LOOL, chey, nairaland.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 07, 2009
What is the point of this thread?
You built a toy. . . .So what?
What should we be discussing o?
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by MrCrackles(m): 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2009
HeatFusion:

What is the point of this thread?
You built a toy. . . .So what?
What should we be discussing o?

I wonder oo!

I build Toys everyday and i dont brag about it on NL

I just built another one today, 4 crown caps, and a St Louis sugar box! A moving toy car
!!!! grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

I wonder oo!

I just built another one today, 4 crown caps, and a St Louis sugar box! A moving toy car
!!!! grin
LOL, now that's something grin

Show me one of your "toys" jare. cheesy
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Muza(m): 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2009
@ poster,
u should make a suggestion to the admin to introduce the lying section,
pls dnt insult our intelligence.
We should be discussing politics in this section so this is my last comment on this thread.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by SkyBlue1: 10:51pm On Feb 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

I wonder oo!

!!!! grin

I can easily beat that. After years of research, logistical problems, fine tuning, market research, etc, like some mad scientist walking out of his lab after 2 years of living in it, i am proud to present my own product. It is called "stick connected to tyre". The user runs along the tyre device and using the activator (aka stick) makes contact with the inner walls of the tyre and maintains motion of the trye. I am just in the midst of selling the idea to certain stores and soon it would be hitting well known global distribution chains.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 07, 2009
Sky Blue:

I can easily beat that. After years of research, logistical problems, fine tuning, market research, etc, like some mad scientist walking out of his lab after 2 years of living in it, i am proud to present my own product. It is called "stick connected to tyre". The user runs along the tyre device and using the activator (aka stick) makes contact with the inner walls of the tyre and maintains motion of the trye. I am just in the midst of selling the idea to certain stores and soon it would be hitting well known global distribution chains.
rotflmao grin grin grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by MrCrackles(m): 10:57pm On Feb 07, 2009
Sky Blue:

LMFAO!! grin grin grin

You win!
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2009
See what we have been reduced to as a nation. Our youth now buy toy cars and brag abt them online, claiming they built it.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Ibime(m): 11:05pm On Feb 07, 2009
Jakumo and Chidicris, una dey craze.

Abeg, no kill me with laughter today.

Pure water ko! Paratrooper ni!

grin grin grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 07, 2009
See what we have been reduced to as a nation. Our youth now buy toy cars and brag abt them online, claiming they built it.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Pepeye(f): 11:54pm On Feb 07, 2009
He was only craving for some attention he thot the toy was laudable enough 

@poster

if u re seeking for some ovation from NL u not going to get it from here if truly u made this with ur bare hands you should have thot of going to NTA’s newsline with your creative and innovative skills you shouldn’t be wasting here in NL
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by honeric01(m): 11:57pm On Feb 07, 2009
lol, una no go kill me with laff grin grin ;Djavascript:void(0);
Grin cry cry cry cry cry cry grin grin grin grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by bawomolo(m): 12:43am On Feb 08, 2009
Oh ok now, all you entrepreneurs need to enter your designs into the nairaland storyland design competition grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by spikedcylinder: 9:06am On Feb 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

I wonder oo!

!!!! grin

Rotflmao!!!

You grew up in Naija abi? How can I forget. . . . . St Louis sugar and Coke cover plus a rope for navigation. . . . grin grin grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EastnEuSis(f): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2009
You people are just a bunch of bullies, what happened to Nairaland?? all this new generation that came to this forum are so devilish, so jealous you are not afraid of God!!!!!!!! am just disgusted, this is why a lot of good people left Nairaland, shame on all of you.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by MrCrackles(m): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Rotflmao!!!

You grew up in Naija abi? How can I forget. . . . . St Louis sugar and Coke cover plus a rope for navigation. . . . grin grin grin

Standard naw! grin cheesy
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by MrCrackles(m): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2009
EastnEuSis:

You people are just a bunch of bullies, what happened to Nairaland?? all this new generation that came to this forum are so devilish, so jealous you are not afraid of God!!!!!!!! am just disgusted, this is why a lot of good people left Nairaland, shame on all of you.

Shame on you too, goofy head! cheesy
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by spikedcylinder: 2:52pm On Feb 08, 2009
EastnEuSis:

Why exactly are you angry? As the thread turned out, the OP put his exceptionally large feet into his small mouth by claiming an insignificant invention was his. Do you not expect folks to claw at him?
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by EZEKWIBE(m): 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2009
Am actually very ashamed of some of the replies on this thread except some few, I intentionally withheld some of the technical information's on this project with hope to come up with it as the thread progresses, but I lost interest as the standard of the replies could not meet my expectation, not that my expectation is high, I came here to discuss with regular Nigerians {which I am also} on this little project of mine almost hoping that people would demand for information's on the project in a civilized manner, but apparently it never happened. There are some levels of reasoning I would not stoop to, is not about ego, is just basic human standard. is only an Idiot that would think at this day and age, a sane person would download materials that belong to other people and claim ownership, forgive my being naive in posting this here in the first place, is just not the right place.

Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by spikedcylinder: 4:35pm On Feb 08, 2009
Lol!

You are a joker! "Civilized" and "Uncivilized" people have asked you the same questions. But you addressed them by saying "I intentionally withheld the technical information".

Dude, respect yourself na. grin grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by mustafar1: 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2009
NOW YOU ARE SINGING A DIFFERENT TUNE! what took you so long.

how can we discuss when all you provided was a picture? how can we discuss without some little detail about the project? its as good as telling us you were able to increase the amount of sand on the beach and all you provide is the picure of you standing on the beach.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2009
@Poster, you are yet to answer some of the questions asked. Is it possible to get an image of yourself on or by your invention? What alternative energy source do you use for this? Can we see a picture of the machine in motion?

I have to add that this does not look like what you have there in the first picture, or are my eyes deceiving me now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? / Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It / Bugatti Veyron 16.4: World's Most Expensive Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.