Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands (14209 Views)

Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike / Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands / Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Busybody2(f): 7:22pm On Feb 12, 2009
cvibe:

Spiked Cylinder,
Is that a reflection of you etched in the picture?

I was about to say I liked the new turn of event the thread had taken because of your open declaration of attraction for Spikey's profile pix till I saw it grin grin grin How dare you talk about a lady like that grin grin grin angry
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Finally: 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2009
When U come with something as innovative as that, U should be willing to provide proof and also be ready to discuss technical details. If U dont want to go into all that much detail, then dont bother telling us about ur invention in the first place. What did U expect to get by putting up a pic like that. Just admiration, applause with no probing questions? Naaaaaaaaa, thats not the way Science and Technology works, my brother.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by lonelypal(m): 10:05pm On Feb 12, 2009
Finally:

When U come with something as innovative as that, U should be willing to provide proof and also be ready to discuss technical details. If U dont want to go into all that much detail, then dont bother telling us about ur invention in the first place. What did U expect to get by putting up a pic like that. Just admiration, applause with no probing questions? Naaaaaaaaa, thats not the way Science and Technology works, my brother.

yeah, u ve said it all
@ poster
u need to come up with a concrete proof to show its ur handy-work. Besides, looking at the first pics vividly, its obvious it aint the same with the second one. I believe a snap shot with ur 'invention' would clear evry reasonable doubts here
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by igneus: 10:23pm On Feb 12, 2009
@poster. . .  I only posted this to see people reaction, to help me make up my mind on something . . . I only try and will always apply my brain the best way I can, am not here t prove anything and I really have no apology, I was hopping for some level headed discourse, but is quite unfortunate.

I think this thread is not about bikes but the poster is merely trying to see people's reaction to something he is about releasing to the public. Nairaland is a convenient medium for this kind of survey since everybody is faceless. That's the reason it's in the politics section and not auto section and why there's so much suspense on more pictures. I think it's just to provoke further reactions. Otherwise, the whole thread does not make sense.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Digiman(m): 10:35pm On Feb 12, 2009
The poster deserves to be applauded for his efforts. I will explain why,  firstly he has taken the time and effort to construct that contraption which appears to be a prototype motorbike  which is no easy feat speaking from experience.

Considering that we was able to build it from bits show that he has a creative streak - how many nigerians or Africans can boast of inventing something ?. See this artice http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7881708.stm

Although the design of his prototytpe does not appear to  practical i.e. I doubt if it could be ridden because 1. The angle of the yoke to which the front wheel is attached looks wrong - such angle will require a very wide turning circle which makes it impractical for normal use on the roads. 2. The front dampers in the position they are do not serve any purpose
Despite these shortcomings it is still a good concept.

If the poster did indeed create this be it a toy or not its still a good start. In a country where people spend years to gain degrees in Engineering only to sit behind desks pushing pens this is  most welcome.

I do not believe he has to divulge details of his "alternative energy" souce for the time being, if he has indeed been able to achive this then my advice is to patent it first before spilling the beans.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Finally: 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2009
Digiman:

The poster deserves to be applauded for his efforts.

I will put on applause robe when I am sure of the said contraption. Is that too much to ask for? undecided I would even admire his creative and imaginative ability the more if I understand a little bit about the source and the technology driving his "alternate energy" claim. How can I applaud something I absolutely have no clue of? Its not as if I have seen one of his invention zooming past me on the street.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by mustafar1: 11:16pm On Feb 12, 2009
when TATA (indian car maker) came out to state that they had come up with the worlds cheapest car. (it cost $2500) they were still grilled as to what was cut out in the production process to make the price that minute. even without fully listening to the details, one could pick out a few things that could be done to reduce production time and on the long run reduce production cost. so why would someone expect me to eat this claim hook line and sinker without questioning every bit of it.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 12, 2009
Busy_body:

I don’t blame you for being disenchanted by the enemies of progress undecided If you ask me, most Nigerians are full of codswollop and a whole load of apple sauce sad It is really unfortunate and such a shame embarassed And to think some of these people are our leaders of the future, no wonder we are where we are undecided

Don't worry, your conscience is clear, keep your head up, your back to the wall, your best foot forward, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone, your eye on the ball and grit your teeth. Some good Nigerians still abound on this forum, you will just have to learn who to ignore wink

Wharrashame embarassed Instead of them to come out with logical argument and challenge the OP’s wind power/electric stance, anyhoo empty barrels make the loudest noise undecided

LMAO, Another prey for the huntress to hunt. grin

All in good time
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Busybody2(f): 11:32pm On Feb 12, 2009
HeatFusion:

LMAO, Another prey for the huntress to hunt. grin

All in good time

All is well that ends well wink My Igwe's been dethroned, and to be honest, all I was attracted to was the title embarassed So why not stake a claim on a potential Nobel Prizewinner tongue Wish me luck grin And I don't want to see you on this thread again angry angry angry grin

@ OP

Don't mind them, as if it is by force to answer rude people with a chip on their brain cheesy
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 12, 2009
Busy_body:

All is well that ends well wink My Igwe's been dethroned, and to be honest, all I was attracted to was the title embarassed So why not stake a claim on a potential Nobel Prizewinner tongue Wish me luck grin And I don't want to see you on this thread again angry angry angry grin
Lmao, and what happened to agaba and debosky?

Again? Don't be mad at me jare. The thread simply made no sense, no connection to politics.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Busybody2(f): 11:55pm On Feb 12, 2009
HeatFusion:

Lmao, and what happened to agaba and debosky?

Again? Don't be mad at me jare. The thread simply made no sense, no connection to politics.

I didn't know we were in 2009 already, my new year resolution is to be a one-man woman, so I have served Agaba divorce papers via email, and I only intend to stick to Debosky, but it is good once in a while for a woman to test if she still has it, hence my mission on this thread grin

I am only mad at you because I know you want a piece of the action too angry Get your grubby hands off him, I saw him first tongue

Heatfusion carry go, no make me dey derail thread abeg grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 13, 2009
Busy_body:

I didn't know we were in 2009 already, my new year resolution is to be a one-man woman, so I have served Agaba divorce papers via email, and I only intend to stick to Debosky, but it is good once in a while for a woman to test if she still has it, hence my mission on this thread grin

I am only mad at you because I know you want a piece of the action too angry Get your grubby hands off him, I saw him first tongue

Heatfusion carry go, no make me dey derail thread abeg grin
lmao. Woman, ain't no one want your "men". Lord knows where you pick these men up. grin grin

Wetin you suppose to dey test? Woman, if you don't sit home and cook for your husband, debosky. grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by xxVictorxx(m): 1:27am On Feb 13, 2009
SEE ems' Na me make BaJAJ with my bare hand,

Thanks, lollllll tongue

Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by tosinaded(m): 1:44am On Feb 13, 2009
poster ure a foolish liar
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by seyibrown(f): 3:33am On Feb 13, 2009
roflmao! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnt!
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by okunoba(m): 6:01am On Feb 13, 2009
from NINETO FIVE
if his name was Olakunle would you and your kinsmen have behaved the way you did, is so typical of you guys, you are ugly inside and out.

Dear NINETO FIVE,
what as ethnicity got to do with the discussion. y must every issue be about where one is from. U must have so much hate in u. Any excuse to hate your fellow black brothers.  People like u keep the black race down by creating hate and anger which I am sure will be passed onto ur kids.

We complain of racism in the western world but the hate that people like u show towards ur fellow black brothers is far worst. If a white person made a statement about black people like u did about Yoruba people, I am sure u will be screaming and shouting racist bastard.

Hate is like a cancer, when it eats too deep it kills the soul and the humanity in us.  There is nothing uglier than hate. Lets embrace the Obama spirit of love and unity. No Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa just a united black race and one human race. Let in "love" brother. Remove that hate inside u, if u let it spread too much it will only destroy u. Put a stop to your ethnic hatred.

When a Nigerian or a fellow black does well regardless of where they are from, most of us are proud of that person. That is the reality. But we have a right to question people when they make a claim that is not backed up by hard facts.
love always
Bless
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by okunoba(m): 6:48am On Feb 13, 2009
from FINALLY

What did U expect to get by putting up a pic like that. Just admiration, applause with no probing questions? Naaaaaaaaa, thats not the way Science and Technology works, my brother.

@finally
Thanks for the post finally, can u please tell NINETOFIVE. He thinks if the guy`s  name was Olakunle must people on this thread will just accept  the story, no question asked. The only person to turn the story into another nairaland ethnic bashing.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by codedguy1(m): 8:05am On Feb 13, 2009
i personally think its criminal for someone to just put a picture of something and claim he did it with his bare hands without giving us some sort of insight into how he came about it.

Yes, you do not need to give us full details, but what makes anything special and worth accolades is the ingenuity in the way and manner the person achieved this exceptional contraption.

Creating a bike is not an invention, but when you claim it runs on grease, batteries,wind and God knows what, it is of necessity that it is followed with some explanation, or questions will be asked, which are being asked here.

Even just to stand beside it or place it beside something we can scale it with seems to be a problem for you.

I suggest you take that picture off this forum if you are not ready to atleast let us scale your invention, or is that also going to affect your patent right

I will be amongst those that would congratulate you if you can give us some reasonable explanation into your invention.

As it stands now, you can ride your bike in your bedroom @ 160km/ph for all i care. angry angry angry
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by basking4me: 8:18am On Feb 13, 2009
@ Okunoba,

If you are being Ironically sarcastic or just playing 'figure of speeches' in your statement, then its fine, but if you mean castigating the poster was ethnically nepotic, then I must say you ARE BLIND INSIDE-OUT.

I have taken time to go through most comments on the issue and ii see nothin Racist or Nepotic in THEM. All what the other posters have commented on does not show any sign of favourism or abhorrence for any section of the Nigerian People.

Dont stir up rifts where there is non pl.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by spikedcylinder: 8:53am On Feb 13, 2009
Spiked Cylinder,
Is that a reflection of you etched in the picture?

Lol! Yes it is, quite sexy innit? grin grin

@ busy body, Dont't mind the oga o, he really loves my silhouette. grin

Oh heat fusion, hush already about this thread and its relation to politics! You, queen of off topic okpata! undecided
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by topkin(m): 10:08am On Feb 13, 2009
@ poster

U try my guy, dont mind all these haters!
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by okunoba(m): 3:45pm On Feb 13, 2009
@basking4time,
. I was talking to NINETOFIVE who said Yoruba people are ugly inside and out just because most people on this thread questioned the validity of the hand made bike story.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by basking4me: 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2009
Okunoba,

I am deeply sorry for the wrong insinuations then.

Please acknowledge my Apology.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by okunoba(m): 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2009
@basking4time
Thanks
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by samparian(m): 5:21pm On Feb 13, 2009
I've taken time to read very post concerning this "hand made bike' and i'm really glad i did. Most posts were really funny, but serious questions were asked and no credible answer has come from the poster.
Sad.
well, if he has succeeded in locally building a bike that runs on battery, its nice but old news.
China has done that years ago and believe me the maximum speed is 80km per hour. and the battery life is 5 to 6 hours at a stretch.
most people who use it here (china) plug it in once they get to work. Most dont even use it.
If an average Naija man/ woman were to mount it, i swear, na only am go dey there(we heavy)
one naija man is equals to 3 chinese people in weight.
My brother, i aint an engineer but by looking at the front wheel of that bike, it wont carry a man of 90kg without falling apart, so, its a toy.
but congrats on that(if he actually built it) e no easy grin
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Oh heat fusion, hush already about this thread and its relation to politics! You, queen of off topic okpata! undecided
I believe that that discussion was already over with. But thanks anywaz, your opinion has now been rewarded with attention.

Now, back to topic.
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by omobaba101(m): 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2009
Eze, you introduced this topic with a picture and then you could not support your claims with more pictures; if I ever did a thing like you are claiming you did, I would take a million pictures, post thousands of them to put my critics to shame. If you have another picture, show it now or keep your mouth shut forever concerning your fake claims lipsrsealed
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by hotchews: 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2009
thats really nice!!
[url]http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&client=pub-4627927431207431&cof=FORID%3A1%3BAH%3Aleft%3BS%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.chewtop.com%3BCX%3Aweb%2520search%2520engine%3BL%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fi134.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq96%2Fjupitershane%2Fhotchewslogo3-1.gif%3BLH%3A51%3BLP%3A1%3BVLC%3A%23551A8B%3BDIV%3A%23CCCCCC%3B&adkw=AELymgVw4HCPmsUPbW2xHFdwWYWTKIhW9IE7OBhZwulDnqqiFCxEzCf4dHrasGmHscHa68XmSSCeqiB1N2TWa8opln_snIUHkgmamYXWZ02IGMBSk0xkQ-w&q=motorcycle+mods&cx=015370965154551446593%3Ac-6heqrjwqg[/url]
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by UNLEASHED(m): 10:21pm On Feb 13, 2009
Make we see you on top am now or post more pics! as*hole
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Skidoc(m): 11:26pm On Feb 13, 2009
@oyb, u get time o! Trying to educate the retards on here who would easily believe a chopper runs on Poo energy LOL tongue
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by Nobody: 1:32am On Feb 14, 2009
Skidoc:

@oyb, u get time o! Trying to educate the retards on here who would easily believe a chopper runs on Poo energy LOL tongue
grin grin ;Dlol
Re: I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands by spikedcylinder: 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2009
HeatFusion:

I believe that that discussion was already over with. But thanks anywaz, your opinion has now been rewarded with attention.

Now, back to topic.

Lol!

You just killed my fighting spirit sha. Its all good. kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

White Is The New Favourite Car Colour / How To Calculate Fuel Consumption In Your Car Using Innoson G5 As A Case-study / Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.